• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiablo

For the last ~30... nope I haven't slept at all don't tell anyone.

And if anyone finds or has a hood of any kind (covers eyes and nose, doesn't cover mouth, that's what I really want..

There's this hurricane... I am very hard at work from home

My wife and I have been alternating sleeping and playing. So there's maybe been two or three hours that have not had one of our characters logged in.

PaulLFC

The camera seems to be way too far away from my character for some reason - is there a way to change it? I tried changing Camera Position in the options, but it didn't seem to do anything.

glaurung

I opened a ticket about this issue too, but maybe someone in here already knows the answer.

I have two CD-keys. One is the regular version that I've been playing with since beta. The other is the new collector's edition key.

How do I upgrade my account to receive the CE bonuses?

I saw someone post that there was one method with camping an event that keeps popping up and had a screenshot where it was tons of people just camping this one spot. Guess it gives a lot of xp...

I kind of hope they do something along the lines of rolling back the players who got exp that way, it's a blatant exploit.

Effect

I saw someone post that there was one method with camping an event that keeps popping up and had a screenshot where it was tons of people just camping this one spot. Guess it gives a lot of xp...

Perhaps they can make events not trigger if the system detects people not moving away from event spot. Or forcibly move them to another location if it's determined they've not moved from the event area after so many minutes or so many restarts.

I kind of hope they do something along the lines of rolling back the players who got exp that way, it's a blatant exploit.

As much as it is an exploit, they really are only hurting themselves. There isn't too much of an advantage they get from leveling to 80 just a little faster. They are just choosing a boring way to do so. Though I do hope they get rid of the exploit.

inky

It's on Gendarran fields. It's an event where an elite spawns on a very small cave. There's usually 20-30 people at all time just spamming spells. I don't know about the XP, but I think it's easy to set up a skill to attack a very small area over and over and just leave it there 24/7

Idiots.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
For the last ~30... nope I haven't slept at all don't tell anyone.

And if anyone finds or has a hood of any kind (covers eyes and nose, doesn't cover mouth, that's what I really want..

There's this hurricane... I am very hard at work from home

What are you in Okinawa or something? lol Got the message from the consulate that they are closing down the Naha one or something due to the approaching storm.

I got around 27 hours on my main total of 32 hours overall. Not even close to your time haha

alternade

I had a funny experience in The Grove yesterday. I actually got "lost" in the city. I couldnt find how to get back to the asura gate and in turn nearly completed the map of the city. This game is amazing and the scale is incredible.

Is it just me or do the Norns run slower than other races? i made my guy as big as possible and idk he just seems slow.

It's on Gendarran fields. It's an event where an elite spawns on a very small cave. There's usually 20-30 people at all time just spamming spells. I don't know about the XP, but I think it's easy to set up a skill to attack a very small area over and over and just leave it there 24/7

Idiots.

Probably just making their AOE spell their autoattack and setting it up to cast where the mouse is then. Just hit the spell and walk away...

That's kind of sad. :lol

Dunlop

Is it just me or do the Norns run slower than other races? i made my guy as big as possible and idk he just seems slow.

exact same speed, which is why it seems so slow.

i.e 8ft man will walk much faster than a 5ft one due to his much longer leg span

Trey

There was a cave or something in Genderran Fields where there were about 30-something people just sitting there. A monster would show up momentarily and then be wiped out. I paid it no mind, but it was odd.

Ocho

There was a cave or something in Genderran Fields where there were about 30-something people just sitting there. A monster would show up momentarily and then be wiped out. I paid it no mind, but it was odd.

Yes, people are exploting bugged events that never end. One guy went from LVL 28 to 35 repeating the event.

j-wood

My only complaint with the game is that I think they could have done e a MUCH better job with the tutorial. As it stands you are pretty much just thrown in the thick of it with only a few help bubbles. Maybe they should make you very first quest instanced.

That again maybe the full game comes with a big nice manual...find out tonight I guess

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What are you in Okinawa or something? lol Got the message from the consulate that they are closing down the Naha one or something due to the approaching storm.

I got around 27 hours on my main total of 32 hours overall. Not even close to your time haha
Lol, south florida.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In all seriousness, it's pouring and windy as hell here (sunrise by sawgrass). My parking lot is flooding a bit.

LProtag

Man, I keep playing a character up to around level 10 and wondering if I really like the profession or not. First Elementalist, now Ranger.

Man, I keep playing a character up to around level 10 and wondering if I really like the profession or not. First Elementalist, now Ranger.
I have had no regrets with engineer. It is an awesome profession. I tried mesmer, guardian, and warrior last night and none have been as fun as the engineer. I'm a level 17 Sylvari engineer and it has been a blast. The skill where a ramhead comes out of my groin/chest region is hilarious and super powerful.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian please sleep

I pray to fuck you are taking regular walks to get out of the sitting positon even if for a few minutes
Guys I can't sleep, tongue-and-cheek as I was about it I actually am working right now :-[ Better believe I'll be crashing at 6ish though.

And I'm taking my doggie out for walks but she haaates it out there. It's just nasty out, she doesn't want to go :( Anyone with any experience for getting your dog to go potty in a storm, hit me

zlatko

Banned
My only complaint with the game is that I think they could have done e a MUCH better job with the tutorial. As it stands you are pretty much just thrown in the thick of it with only a few help bubbles. Maybe they should make you very first quest instanced.

That again maybe the full game comes with a big nice manual...find out tonight I guess

I agree with this, and especially since the game is so damn in your face and bombarding you with so much going on around you. It's fairly simple to figure it all out on your own bit by bit, but it would've been nice to have a more structured setting that explains the main nuances of the game like crafting and gathering which I had NO clue and still am a little HUH? about.

Dunlop

I'm not the lecture police, more that being prone that long could actually kill you.

I miss my gaming marathon weekends ; (

njean777

I agree with this, and especially since the game is so damn in your face and bombarding you with so much going on around you. It's fairly simple to figure it all out on your own bit by bit, but it would've been nice to have a more structured setting that explains the main nuances of the game like crafting and gathering which I had NO clue and still am a little HUH? about.

Indeed I can not even figure out how to craft ingots from my copper lol. I looked around for a smith and thought I found it but nope, they really need to make it easier for a new comer like me. I use to play wow so I get the combat pretty much and the skills and such, but trying to find stuff is always the hardest part for me.

Trey

I personally like how the game just throws you out into the world blind with just a damn rusty starter weapon and says, "eventually you'll have to fight dragons and siege castles and shit alongside hundreds of other people. Figure it out."

I can see how it frustrates or discourages others, though.

Ferrio

Banned
Hit 95 on weaponsmithing... god grinding for animal bits is so crappy. Wouldn't be this way if the damn trading post worked!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I personally like how the game just throws you out into the world blind with just a damn rusty starter weapon and says, "eventually you'll have to fight dragons and siege castles and shit alongside hundreds of other people. Figure it out."

I can see how it frustrates or discourages others, though.
Agree with everything including the "I can see" bit.

TheContact

I have an i5 760 with a GTX 460 and 4gb ram. I get about 30-40fps just walking around normal with most graphic settings maxed out. That seem about right? Anything under 60 feels weird to me, and I can only imagine my PC will die if I hit WvWvW. Time to upgrade?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have an i5 760 with a GTX 460 and 4gb ram. I get about 30-40fps just walking around normal with most graphic settings maxed out. That seem about right? Anything under 60 feels weird to me, and I can only imagine my PC will die if I hit WvWvW. Time to upgrade?

I've got an older GTS 250 with an i7 and 8 gigs of RAM. Settings are all medium with a few high and low thrown in. WvWvW is fine, event bosses are fine. FPS isn't as high as I'd like, but it's definitely manageable.

woo got my code.

created character. Entered game.

default settings getting me ~23fps

T_T

Even with 'high performance' setting im getting 30fps... :(

Surely my gtx 460 can handle this (c2q 9550 shouldn't be too shabby). Which settings should i mess around with?

Any specific drivers i needa get?

mackattk

Stuck at work right now. I have some schoolwork to do when I get home.. All I want to do is play this game :(

Few things I love about this game, is that levelling up is nice, but it isn't my primary objective. With the way the game works, and automatically level down to the content, I can explore and do what I want to do without feeling like it is a waste of time. I don't really have a desire to reach max level. I also like not having to compete for mobs and resources.

I do wish that money would flow a little easier, but once the auction house goes up, I can probably sell much of my copper/cooking supplies to help me out. I reached level 10, and buying the book to allow me to use my customization points totally broke me. I didn't even have enough money to buy a replacement picking axe, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom