• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love that I'm not pressured to level up to play with my friends. That makes a WORLD of difference. I also love that I can go help my lowbie friends out and still get rewarded accordingly for it. I'm shocked at how HUGE of an improvement this is over every other MMO I've played.

I just wish we could toggle de-leveling sometimes.

tci

Finally did some WvWvW action. Kinda refreshing to have something playable like that after that SWTOR mess.
But man, I'm never gonna play a melee focused class.
I also tried some. But I didn't really enjoy it. Might be because I had no clue what do do. Also MMO's isn't really something I have been playing a lot. People always avoid everything I do, and kill me.

But I look forward to dungeons though. At least that will not have 100 people trying to go through a small passage. Kinda boring.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Finally got into Gandara! Ill hopefully join up with some other GAF gw2 newbies and kill some monsters! Enjoying the game so far but I feel that there's not much direction yet, I'm kinda stuck in a zone and cant kill much when i wander away from it. I'm sure it'll change soon though, when i get the hang of the systems in the game.

If, later on, you feel that you are too under-leveled for a zone, just go to another starter zone.

Reached about level 10 in the Asura starter zone and began encountering level 16s so I headed over to the Human starter. I 100%'d the human starter zone and went and 100%'d the Asuran starter zone. By the time I entered a zone deemed level 15-25 I was level 23.

KiteGr

I want your advice on this guys...

I've fallen in love with the game and I want the collectors edition.
The problem is... I pre-purchuse it.

My cusin is interested in buying nothing more than the most standart edition. I'm thinking of giving him the extra money to buy the CE and then have him keep the activation code and exchange boxes.

How much content of the CE is actually binded to the activation code?
Does the extra digital content come in seperate redeem code?
How good is my idea?

I tried putting in my retail code today but I keep getting "Your serial code was already registered with a Guild Wars 2 account."

Anyone else having this problem?

Proc

Just gave the necro a whirl as my first character....first 20 minutes or so have been incredible. Colour me impressed.

arimanius

Explosions!!! :D

In all seriousness, they're great. The flamethrower is easily the most enjoyable weapon in the game. Bombs, rocket turrets, healing and net turrets. Elixirs and gadgets! What's not to love? :D

The downside is that the learning curve for a couple of the kits can be a little high, especially the rifle, shield offhand and elixir gun.

Maybe that's why I'm semi not feeling my engineer. Switching back and forth between my pistols and kits seem chaotic and kludge. I've tried other classes and haven't found one yet that really clicks tho.

This whole no Trading Post thing is starting to make me go crazy.

Same with the no guild thing.

Yea hope they fix these quickly. Specially the guild thing. The quickest way for me to get bored of a game is having no one to play with.

Please come post in this thread if you're interested in joining a guided tour of WvW tonight! http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/aug-28-2012-wvw-guided-newbie-tour-at-9-00pm-est.151/

This is intended primarily for people who have never played or know barely anything about the mode.

I'm assuming Stormbluff is still full? I couldn't get into the GAF server OR the one my RL friends all joined :( /foreveralone

I tried putting in my retail code today but I keep getting "Your serial code was already registered with a Guild Wars 2 account."

Anyone else having this problem?

I read other people saying this too. I did it through the game instead of on the site and it said it was successful.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How do you go into first-person view for screenshots and such?
try /sleep (not joking)

I'm assuming Stormbluff is still full? I couldn't get into the GAF server OR the one my RL friends all joined :( /foreveralone
No idea sadly.

I also tried some. But I didn't really enjoy it. Might be because I had no clue what do do. Also MMO's isn't really something I have been playing a lot. People always avoid everything I do, and kill me.
Come join a guided tour tonight (if you're on SBI).

I feel stuck in Huntsman at level 45. Seems like I always need a level 2 inscription if I want any experience, which means three tiny totems, or claws, or whatever to gain one level. Do I really need to grind off those until 75?

doing the Discovery really gets things going. for example make

1x Green longbow stave
1x Rawhide string
1x Malign Green Inscription

then put them into the discovery boxes. you should be getting multiple levels for each discovery.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait, Stormbluff is full? That's going to be mega bullshit if true...I really hope my brother can make his character on that server or I'll be pretty bummed.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
A fucking wind jumping puzzle during story mode. Well, I guess this is where I stop with the story. lol

So, am I the only one having login issues here? The fuck is going on.

The site gives me some crap about virusscanners and firewalls, but I was playing the game on a friend's account just a few days ago.

I'm having issues as well. I tried a server transfer about an hour ago and have been unable to log in since.

ss_lemonade

Fuck this. Email validation is broken, can't login, can't do anything with the game I just purchased.

Nice.
I think email validation is broken atm, but you should be able to go in and start playing. I just did earlier to test my install and everything seems to be working fine

Wait, Stormbluff is full? That's going to be mega bullshit if true...I really hope my brother can make his character on that server or I'll be pretty bummed.

Yeah man, a bunch of servers got full within hours of the early launch starting. It was bullshit. I was out of the house and didn't get to start until in the 11's? maybe midnight and they were already full when it only opened up at 9-930ish...really disappointed in that. Oh well, PVE life for me.

Kayo-kun

I've spent hours trying to customize my character and I can't press "next" and complete the character creation. This is so frustrating...

kagete

Moody tell me how to powerlevel weaponsmithing. Do I need to make full weapons or should I just make hilts and blades.

Keep discovering recipes by following the same line of hilt+blade+modifier for all possible combinations you have. After you've exhausted that, you'll only need to grind crafting a few of the green full weapons. I mean, you could just make hilts and blades and get some XP, but making a full weapon is a ton more XP and you can't do anything to those halfway components. Once you make the full weapon, salvage it to recoup some components back. Rinse and repeat and watch the XP flow in.

Teknoman

Fuck this. Email validation is broken, can't login, can't do anything with the game I just purchased.

Nice.

I think someone said the log in server was under maintenance or something?

Also those having your attacks dodged, the game lets you dodge anything if you're ready for it, so you have to get pretty active in any fight.

Yaay, I was finally able to transfer to the Gandara server. Are guild invites still bugged? Anyway, if someone wants to quest later tonight, my user tag is Za Warudo.9862.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The game is called Guild Wars and it doesn't have Guild vs Guild anymore.

I'm well over the name not meaning anything anymore.

I'm pretty sure Spvp allows you to organize GvG battles technically though.

Hoping Guild Halls and GvG battles are added in a later content update some day down the line!

Aeana

Wow, that fire elemental boss needs to be toned down a bit. It's more annoying than it is exciting and fun. :/
Well, I would agree that it needs to be toned down a bit, but not because it's too hard, just that the strategies they intend for you to use are not going to happen with a bunch of random dudes who can't really communicate with each other effectively. That sort of boss would go much better in a dungeon.

Wow, that fire elemental boss needs to be toned down a bit. It's more annoying than it is exciting and fun. :/

I think the delay for the second hit needs to be extended. It is just dumb to be knocked down and then killed before you can even recover. The knockback is penalty enough for not moving out of the circle.

Ashodin

Stormbluff Isle shouldn't be full; they raised the caps yesterday to let more people in. If it's full again, I'd wait to see if they raise the caps once more; they also have free transfers right now, so you can play anywhere while you wait and then transfer over.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Stormbluff Isle shouldn't be full; they raised the caps yesterday to let more people in. If it's full again, I'd wait to see if they raise the caps once more; they also have free transfers right now, so you can play anywhere while you wait and then transfer over.

Is the transfer process automated?

man, doing these story missions as elementist is tough.

Any tips against archers? Always seem to get my ass handed to me. Using a staff atm.

I usually dodge past them and then use the Burning retreat so they are in the flames, then drop Lave Font on them and then Flame burst. They are usually down with an extra fireball, if not I usually just dodge once or twice.

I've spent hours trying to customize my character and I can't press "next" and complete the character creation. This is so frustrating...

So, am I the only one having login issues here? The fuck is going on.

The site gives me some crap about virusscanners and firewalls, but I was playing the game on a friend's account just a few days ago.

Got the same problem.

I went through the character creation process (must have spent 20 minutes designing a character), only for it to bring up an error box saying it's unable to connect to the server. I've been trying since by skipping the creation process, and it still won't login.

This is why I prefer console gaming! At least you know you're not going to have to wrestle with errors.

Ashodin

Is the transfer process automated?

Yes it is. Just change at the character screen and go.

Repost if you haven't seen it yet:

staffebonjis4q.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
man, doing these story missions as elementist is tough.

Any tips against archers? Always seem to get my ass handed to me. Using a staff atm.

Are you constantly moving? Also, Lava Font rocks ranged enemies who stand in one spot.

KePoW

Banned
Got the same problem.

I went through the character creation process (must have spent 20 minutes designing a character), only for it to bring up an error box saying it's unable to connect to the server. I've been trying since by skipping the creation process, and it still won't login.

This is why I prefer console gaming!

If there was a hugely popular MMO on consoles, there would also be server problems at launch, guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom