• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

Finally got into crafting after looking over that crafting walkthrough someone posted yesterday, so nice to finally understand just how the discovery process works. Also highly recommend cooking for people not trying to outfit their character, food items really help your character while leveling early on with the larger stat bonus plus 10% increased EXP a kill. Its not much but it certainly makes things go by faster.

Between my 5 characters I finally decided on leveling up my Mesmer, having a lot of fun with great-sword Mesmer while switching in dual wielding sword for switching weapon. Nothing like having 4 of your 5 skills be AOE related, able to just mow down mob groups like it was nothing, especially when one of the AOE moves is a group knockback.

What works as modifiers? I only have a few for leatherworking and I'm not high enough level to use any of them.

I have been doing armorsmithing, but I think it works the same way. You should get three modifiers to start with at level 0, it'll be like "malign something", "vital something", and "power something". Then at level 25 the next tier should auto unlock, and so on and so forth. For each type of leather armor you can make sure to "discover" all variations with the modifiers.

Two things I learned about the Warrior Longbow (that make me wish I could edit the guildwars2 wiki for credit):

1. Sometime in the last month or two they nerfed the Longbow's range without my noticing. So now it's a 900 range weapon.

Aside: Also very recently, they nerfed a lot of projectile weapons that had their auto-attacks count as projectile finishers. For example, the Warrior's Longbow and Rifle's autoattacks are now only 20% activate as a combo finisher.

2. The trait "Stronger Bowstrings" increases the Longbow range back to 1200 for Warrior. I thought that kind of sucked, until I noticed that it has a second, hidden effect. It causes all your Longbow attacks to count as 100% projectile combo finishers again. So now I love the Longbow once more.

Damn! Didnt know about the longbow range nerf. So is the ranger the only class that can do 1500 range now when traited?

etiolate

Banned
Epic SCREENS

iCR6hDpT0fq0J.jpg

ib1P5HmnIAnRvD.jpg

iiYVIO4qR2rsy.jpg

ibQtwlWlMUiTN.jpg

iPKa2FOF2F96v.jpg

iN0KvDTVAWPS5.jpg

ibodbUzSZimTsg.jpg

iluq2p0FR7Zcx.jpg

iVVcnpafyjcwY.jpg

iY4e5YoRH2TBh.jpg

ilHGdHoSTOc0V.jpg

iDuBGAwSCzC58.jpg

ip8mfwVAlTDz4.jpg

inRCtykTI92lP.jpg

in5YsIirIxM6Y.jpg

My Asura is most dapper. I dare anyone to be more dapper than Zed Zebes, Dapper Savant.

I have the retail game of GW2 and having serious problems in getting the last 3 files to finish installing...It is stuck at 99% and every time i stop and restart the client it starts at around 15kb/s and then slowly falls down to 0kb/s grrr I want to play this game already

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is password reset borked at the moment? My wife is trying to reset her password for her original GW account, as she can't remember it, but it won't let her. Alas.

Hixx

Is password reset borked at the moment? My wife is trying to reset her password for her original GW account, as she can't remember it, but it won't let her. Alas.

Wouldn't be surprised, email verification codes aren't working and I presume password resets use the same method.

Still can't create a character, stupid log in server. Think I'll get some kip, plenty of MMO stuff to be doing tomorrow. Eek.

zugzug

can I be angry at Ferny for not disregarding the memberlist and not ginviting me and now I hear the ginvite is bugged ;P

So, I'm still confused about the Gaf Guild. The roster says it's at 401 members, and since opening it up again last night there have been well over a hundred posts of people wanting in also in the signup thread, so we are well past the limit. So I guess getting on the roster or posting in that thread doesn't guarantee you a spot?

Kingbrave

Hawkian, my dumbass tripped on the stairs and I may of broken my toe. Due to some neuropathy (yay diabetes) I can't feel it. If so I apologize since I was the one whining about not know wvw stuff.

Xander51

Is anyone seeing weird text characters at the front of descriptions on the map or in front of character names in messages? Like, an E with an accent mark above it that's just there for no reason?

Other than that weird tiny issue, I'm loving the game so far. It's a lot different from the first but I commend them for that.

I received an email ArenaNet saying, "Somebody (hopefully you!) asked to reset the password on your Guild Wars account....If you did not request to reset your password, you can ignore this email and no changes will be made to your account." I never asked for a reset. Should I go ahead and change my password just in case some is trying to obtain my password?

On another note, I played my first sPVP. So much fun! I love the net and knockback abilities as an engineer.

I also saw that thread on Reddit pertaining to bans. Pretty funny. I've reported four people so far for offensive language. Wonder if they posted in that thread asking why they were banned.

etiolate

Banned
Awww fu. I just realized my screenshot image type had changed form PNG to low quality jpg.

If you're looking to take nicer screenshots, then I'd use FRAPs or Bandicam, and save as PNG.

Cystm

I kinda agree. I'm a young, clear faced dude but my character (which was the closest option to me) is too pretty to represent me. It's not so bad as to take away from the game, though.

It's too bad there isn't much in the way of a middle ground. It seems like you are either a fashion model or an ugly ass brute.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uh oh. Just crashing continuously on startup. Weirdly it plays my main menu song while the serious error message has popped up.

Gonna reboot...

edit: eh 7th time's a charm. Gotta run a couple errands now though bleh!

Allard

I received an email ArenaNet saying, "Somebody (hopefully you!) asked to reset the password on your Guild Wars account....If you did not request to reset your password, you can ignore this email and no changes will be made to your account." I never asked for a reset. Should I go ahead and change my password just in case some is trying to obtain my password?

I got the same email except addressed to an email the game isn't even registered on. Its more then likely fisher emails from hackers trying to get you to use the link provided. It can't hurt to change password, just make sure you do it through the main web page instead of using the link the email provided. In my case it didn't even show up as a link, it was broken which would have required me to copy and paste it instead of clicking it.

j-wood

Had I known how bare bones the retail copy would be I would have just bought the digital version.

Seriously, what happened to the thick, colorful, lore filled manual/lore book from the first game?

I just bought LAs cultural armor for 9800 karma points and now I visited the human place and see that I could get a similar weapon for 800 karma WTF? Did I just get ripped off?

Also I have a question about the cultural armor, is there a way to buy it with gold? Since I have no karma left...

Im human btw

edit: whoops I bought a WEAPON, but now Im looking to buy an armor

Edit 2: FOUND IT

but I still feel ripped off

j-wood

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to link my GW1 and GW2 accounts. Surely it can't be this difficult?

Go to register.guildwars2.com

There is a giant button that says already have a guild wars account? Click that put in info and your serial key

TheExodu5

Banned
Go to register.guildwars2.com

There is a giant button that says already have a guild wars account? Click that put in info and your serial key

Thanks...turns out it was under GW2 account management.

Oddly enough, it says my account is already linked. Don't know why I don't have a Hall of Monuments Portal Stone.

Thanks...turns out it was under GW2 account management.

Oddly enough, it says my account is already linked. Don't know why I don't have a Hall of Monuments Portal Stone.

Some accounts didn't start with one - just go to the karma vendor in Hooligan's in Lion's Arch, you get it for free there.

DirtyLary

Not sure how long I'm going to last.

WvWvW is just a Tauren Mill zerg on a larger scale. Fun for a day till you realize that's all it ever will offer. spvp save us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom