• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

I'm still confused a little myself, but I guess if they'd get invites working properly, we'd have a better idea.

No not EVERYONE on that list is going to be getting the game right away. Some people won't get it for months away. They just posted they were interested. Don't worry about that list for right now. We used that list to control invites from GAF at first and then moved it out to others within the last month.

RS4-

Finally got around to registering on gafguild to post in the thread for the invite.

That's what I get for not taking 5 mins to sign up earlier in the day to get my name in lolol.

No not EVERYONE on that list is going to be getting the game right away. Some people won't get it for months away. They just posted they were interested. Don't worry about that list for right now. We used that list to control invites from GAF at first and then moved it out to others within the last month.

Okay. I get it now! We're just waiting on Anet.

So I think I am going to ditch my warrior for a guardian. I started one tonight and it is a lot of fun so far. Warrior just felt stale to me as they do in most MMOs to me.

Teknoman

Not sure how long I'm going to last.

WvWvW is just a Tauren Mill zerg on a larger scale. Fun for a day till you realize that's all it ever will offer. spvp save us.

They should be able to update whatever and whenever. Isnt that what is so revolutionary about GW2? The ability to drastically alter anything without much of a major download?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Like theTrin said you have to use 3rd party software (xpadder), but Weltallzero has a good walkthrough on his site. It's become almost plug and play now, with some very slight setup. Look for the controller GAF post on gafguild.com and I linked his page in the OP of that post.

Edit: found the link - http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/controller-gaf-configs.52/
He and I just made some VERY substantial changes to this. He is seriously a genius. I'd like to made a post addressing it but I'm trying to lead this newbie tour...

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Trey

Wtfff I 100% an area and the two item rewards are unusable by my proffesion, fuuuuck that

I've 100%'d 6-7 areas now. I never got anything for my profession. I think Anet wants to encourage trading and partnership. Would go over a lot better if the trading post was up.

Slavik81

My brother and I had a single GW1 account back in the day when we lived together and used the same computer. He linked the GW1 account to his GW2 account and reserved the names. Unfortunately, that means I can't use my characters' names on my GW2 account.

When do they become free so I can use them? I thought it ended at launch, but I tried an hour after launch and it was still reserved.

KingKong

I've 100%'d 6-7 areas now. I never got anything for my profession. I think Anet wants to encourage trading and partnership. Would go over a lot better if the trading post was up.

I wouldnt even care that much but these were great items, right for my level and with special effects. I havent found anything like that from a drop or reward :(

I didn't think I'd spend much time in the PvP, but I've become addicted. It's just so well designed and laid out, and the rolling lobbies make for hours going by without notice. I'm glad I finally managed to get competitive with Engineer, though I hit a stalemate when 1v1'ing a Guardian. Neither of us can kill each other, until someone rolls up to intervene. Starting to dislike minion-mob Necromancers though, it's a pain to fix the autotarget each time.

When I login I get a message that my email address has not been validated. I select validate and it sends me an email with a link I need to click. When I click the link it tells me that it's expired. I did this several times with the same results.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

So what Gaming Mouse would you guys recommend?

I currently have a Logitech G400 mouse, and that has about 5 buttons. M1, M2, M3, M4, M5. That doesn't seem to be enough for GW2.

Windam

Scaley member
When I login I get a message that my email address has not been validated. I select validate and it sends me an email with a link I need to click. When I click the link it tells me that it's expired. I did this several times with the same results.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Email validation is bugged right now, so don't worry.

http://gafguild.com/index.php?threa...ided-newbie-tour-at-9-00pm-est.151/#post-3470

I'll be leading a guided tour of WvW in roughly a half hour. It's geared toward people who have never played or know very little about it (might be boring for veterans).

Also my pets are acting up so if I scream nonsensical gibberish I'm just trying to discipline them.

Sucks I missed this, was so hyped. Had to bust out of the house an do some quick vacation prep shit then came back and for the last hour can't log in ...

BOO! I wanted to be part of Hawkians Ultimate Guide of Pwn: The Noobie Tour, but alas it will have to wait until a later day.

Dead

well not really...yet
Started up a Sylvari character and god damn, this shit is so colorfully psychedelic to the point that its almost distracting...lol

Toki767

Finally finished downloading the installer! Is there a GAF server I should go into?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it now. Pictures weren't loading for me in the OP

Like theTrin said you have to use 3rd party software (xpadder), but Weltallzero has a good walkthrough on his site. It's become almost plug and play now, with some very slight setup. Look for the controller GAF post on gafguild.com and I linked his page in the OP of that post.

Edit: found the link - http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/controller-gaf-configs.52/
I appreciate it. I'll try it tomorrow.

So what Gaming Mouse would you guys recommend?

I currently have a Logitech G400 mouse, and that has about 5 buttons. M1, M2, M3, M4, M5. That doesn't seem to be enough for GW2.
I use the G700 and it's a fantastic mouse. I mapped F1-F4 on the side buttons and put a macro on one of the top buttons that allows me to put a net and rocket turret down at the same time with the press of a button. Q is health, E is net turret, R is rocket turret, then 1-4 are other skills. I'll have to figure out where to put "0" when I unlock it.

Kimaka

Really? I hope it doesn't do this to me. Before my WoW sub ended, I gave my wow buds my GW2 userid to contact me after launch.

Register your boxed copy at the Gem Store in-game and redeem the code. I did it this way and got my items mailed to me after logging out and back in.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yeah, this Overflow stuff and the inability to play with friends... This shit has got to change yesterday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is the "Join Player" option not working? It should make it so you can both be in the same overflow.
It's supposed to, it worked perfectly in BWE2. It just seems bugged.
Sucks I missed this, was so hyped. Had to bust out of the house an do some quick vacation prep shit then came back and for the last hour can't log in ...

BOO! I wanted to be part of Hawkians Ultimate Guide of Pwn: The Noobie Tour, but alas it will have to wait until a later day.
I never got in, we're scheduling it. How's Thursday 8:30PM est?

Rarutos

It's supposed to, it worked perfectly in BWE2. It just seems bugged.

It generally works fine for me. Sometimes the game thinks the other player is in a completely area for some silly reason which makes it not work correctly though... But usually a quick log out and back in will fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom