• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Oof, looks like Greenman Gaming is having some key problems for some of it's buyers. Apparently buncha random folks didn't get keys, even ones who pre-ordered a month+ ago.

Sadly, I'm one of those people, it ALSO looks like they refunded part of those people and then just left another part up the creek without a paddle and no information or replies, again, I'm included in the latter :lol

Given the age of the pre-order and the slugishness of their support desk, I may simply have to go to Paypal over this. What a screwed up situation. Oh well, ain't usin' this site again.

Just started my character. Anyone want to roll with me and learn this shit together? Also, who would I need to talk to about joining the GAF guild? I joined the Stormbluff Isle server, but the OT says none of the names had been reserved yet. Sorry if this has been beaten to death. Just got the game on a whim, havent been following this thread at all.

Shambles

What the fuck is up with this character name bullshit. I thought the point of having an account with a 4 digit number was so we wouldn't have to fight for names. Now i load up the game and find that I have to still find a unique character name that hasn't already been used by the how many million accounts already created? Way to have a great idea and be too stupid to actually implement it. Even my fucking made up backup names are used. Basically you just hit random letters to find an available name and walk around for the rest of the game looking like a retard?

Lol, it doesn't even let you use numbers.

Audioboxer

What the fuck is up with this character name bullshit. I thought the point of having an account with a 4 digit number was so we wouldn't have to fight for names. Now i load up the game and find that I have to still find a unique character name that hasn't already been used by the how many million accounts already created? Way to have a great idea and be too stupid to actually implement it. Even my fucking made up backup names are used. Basically you just hit random letters to find an available name and walk around for the rest of the game looking like a retard?

The key is to use a two word (or more) name. It kind of fits in with the GW style of things anyway, from what I know, in GW1 you had to have two names.

dot

Just started my character. Anyone want to roll with me and learn this shit together? Also, who would I need to talk to about joining the GAF guild? I joined the Stormbluff Isle server, but the OT says none of the names had been reserved yet. Sorry if this has been beaten to death. Just got the game on a whim, havent been following this thread at all.

Post in this thread to get on the spreadsheet.

http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/gafguild-sign-up-thread.47/

Shambles

Audίoboxer;41508006 said:
The key is to use a two word (or more) name. It kind of fits in with the GW style of things anyway, from what I know, in GW1 you had to have two names.

A first name and last name, that could work. Time to pull some random namer generator out to create some barbaric name. Can you change your character name after creation?

markot

Banned
I heard that dev costs had already been recouped by pre purchases >.>? True or no!?

Guess even if they get $40 from each sale (Assuming lots were digital and from their own site too), they would be at $40 million, so I guess its not out of the question.

Noaloha

Had my first evening with GW2. That was most definitely a game right there. Time flew by.

My Norn fellow, Dee Liminal, ended up being quite the eternally forlorn looking chap.

iH2eZdb8gKRn5.jpg

I also have a pet raven. I'm happy.

TheExodu5

Banned
Had my first evening with GW2. That was most definitely a game right there. Time flew by.

My Norn fellow, Dee Liminal, ended up being quite the eternally forlorn looking chap.

iH2eZdb8gKRn5.jpg

I also have a pet raven. I'm happy.

There's a bit of Liam Neeson in that face. D:

I heard that dev costs had already been recouped by pre purchases >.>? True or no!?

Guess even if they get $40 from each sale (Assuming lots were digital and from their own site too), they would be at $40 million, so I guess its not out of the question.

I'd be surprised if the devs costs were already recouped. I have an inkling this game cost a lot more than $40 million to make. It had a pretty lengthy development cycle.

Card Boy

Banned
My thoughts no one else gives a crap about

* Can't make older people especially on the Human side
* Overflow and Normal servers have opposite a different day cycles, sometimes i stay in Overflow just to avoid going to the night
* Guild Register always says something about having the best wares, even though he doesn't sell wares.
* Can't craft out of the bank. Monster Hunter Tri lets you do this. I don't like manually taking out materials. It's tedious and since it's not P2P you would think Anet would want less people on their servers wasting time and chewing up bandwidth.
* Needs afew traditional GW1 style quests. Heart and Public quests are boring as fuck.
* Don't like other players zerg rushing every quest in the game outside instances.
* Needs a TCG, if Anet where smart they can sell booster packs.

Also does the game have Polymock, if so where and if not why not?

Not to beat a dead horse with the guild invites, but, are you guys going through the current roster on the spreadsheet, then adding the people who have signed up since last night on forums? Or are you adding the new people on the forum thread as they post?

Trey

This doesn't seem right.

If I log into guildwars.com it says I do not have acces to the game. I most surely do. I can play it right now. I have the retail code sitting in front of me and I have to go through the registration again in order to apply it to my account, which doesn't seem right.

KePoW

Banned

You can use spaces and multiple words.

skittz0r

Neo Member

* Overflow and Normal servers have opposite a different day cycles, sometimes i stay in Overflow just to avoid going to the night
* Guild Register always says something about having the best wares, even though he doesn't sell wares.
* Can't craft out of the bank. Monster Hunter Tri lets you do this. I don't like manually taking out materials. It's tedious and since it's not P2P you would think Anet would want less people on their servers wasting time and chewing up bandwidth.
* Needs afew traditional GW1 style quests. Heart and Public quests are boring as fuck.
* Don't like other players zerg rushing every quest in the game outside instances.

I can address your first point. In an AMA on reddit they explained that they want the humans to be young and attractive and stereotypical in a 'heroic' appearance.

I am really surprised that people are angry over this.

can't you just be a little bit creative and make a good name?

if john doe is taken, then try joe doan, joey smokey, doe oe moe or even joejoe john moe.

see. i just made a list of awesome names for you. you welcome.

Macattk15

So are the dungeons supposed to be mind numbingly hard?

Got through the level 30 Ascalon after many party wipes .... but the 35 version is just WTF.

Card Boy

Banned
I am really surprised that people are angry over this.

can't you just be a little bit creative and make a good name?

if john doe is taken, then try joe doan, joey smokey, doe oe moe or even joejoe john moe.

see. i just made a list of awesome names for you. you welcome.

Your missing the point. That 4 digit number allowed us to name our account names to whatever we wanted, why not apply the same logic to characters? Even that turd Diablo 3 allowed us to have own names.

This may be a stupid question, but how do you apply dyes to your armor? I've found some random dyes but I can't figure out how to put them on...

Ferny

Not to beat a dead horse with the guild invites, but, are you guys going through the current roster on the spreadsheet, then adding the people who have signed up since last night on forums? Or are you adding the new people on the forum thread as they post?

At this point we are very far behind with invites. We never did go thru that list and add people that way we mostly just waited for people to send us whispers in game and then check them off. Once invites are good we will send invites with the list and then open it up quickly after.

inky

This may be a stupid question, but how do you apply dyes to your armor? I've found some random dyes but I can't figure out how to put them on...

Open your Hero Panel, at the top you should see a dropper icon (over your helm slot) click it and there you should see all of your dyes. Pick a color then an armor slot to apply it to.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

* Overflow servers can be the stuff of nightmares, trying to meet up with people.

Absinthe

Played a few hours on my laptop this week with KB/M. Wow, I am so glad I use a controller! The KB/M is much less comfortable, more difficult to perform actions/dodging, and makes the combat harder to manage. The gameplay is much more fluid and action oriented when using a controller IMO.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
is there a way to turn off the overflow messages every time i enter an area? i've reached a point where i don't care if i play on overflow, but the constant pop ups are driving me INSANE. why does every area i enter is a whole new home/overflow situation? when i'm finally up to head towards the home version, i'm in a middle of a dynamic event.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Played a few hours on my laptop this week with KB/M. Wow, I am so glad I use a controller! The KB/M is much less comfortable, more difficult to perform actions/dodging, and makes the combat harder to manage. The gameplay is much more fluid and action oriented when using a controller IMO.

I have no problem moving and hitting all my abilities at the same time, but you do have to remap it.

I have 12345, then heal on Q, elite on E, and the rest on ZXC. Believe me. It's just as action oriented on a keyboard and mouse, and I can whip the camera around faster.

People playing with KBM will have a huge advantage on you in PvP.

They are. Fighting underwater I cannot stand though.

Might be a class thing. I love fighting underwater. In fact, I wish there were more underwater fights.

Is it just plug-n-play with a Xbox360 controller? i'd like to try it, but I'll never deviate from the kb/m.

At this point we are very far behind with invites. We never did go thru that list and add people that way we mostly just waited for people to send us whispers in game and then check them off. Once invites are good we will send invites with the list and then open it up quickly after.

I said this earlier, but I'm still confused about this. The roster list is at 401, and there are well over a 100 people who posted in the signup thread since you opened it up again last night, so aren't we well past our 500 member limit?

EDIT: I've also not whispered two different officers in game and gotten no response.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is it just plug-n-play with a Xbox360 controller? i'd like to try it, but I'll never deviate from the kb/m.

No, you have to use some 3rd party software.

I said this earlier, but I'm still confused about this. The roster list is at 401, and there are well over a 100 people who posted in the signup thread since you opened it up again last night, so aren't we well past our 500 member limit?

The actual guild is only at 260 or something right now. He's talking about people who would have fallen under the 500 limit.

Absinthe

Like theTrin said you have to use 3rd party software (xpadder), but Weltallzero has a good walkthrough on his site. It's become almost plug and play now, with some very slight setup. Look for the controller GAF post on gafguild.com and I linked his page in the OP of that post.

Edit: found the link - http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/controller-gaf-configs.52/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom