• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

KePoW

Banned
So, anyone play this on a laptop? If so, which one and how is the performance? I need to get a laptop for the next 4 months to play on.

At work I do, my laptop is an i5-2540M with a Nvidia 555M.

Runs at 50+ fps on mostly Medium settings (couple on High), at 1600x900 rez.

If I try 1920x1080, it's horribly slow but that's because my GPU is middle of the line, and resolution capped basically.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Another batch of Gaffers did the Ascalonian Catacombs instance, yay!
iyOx4fwsA3ubs.jpg
We died quite a few times, but it wasn't as hard as I thought. Loved the traps and the bosses.

Kareha

Can't really enjoy myself atm due to the gratuitous amounts of lag. They've said they're aware of the lag problems so I hope they can get it fixed quickly.

Violet_0

Banned
do I assume correctly that Warriors (due to enemies not dodging Hundred Blades/Eviscerate/Kill Shot/...) and Elementalist (AoE) do the most damage of all professions?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Highly unfortunate that the guild invites still seem broken. Had made a request for one in game talking to Hawkain, saw the message appear but upon clicking it going into the guild panel nothing happened. D: Thanks for trying though much appreciated! :D

Ah well gives me more time to build up my character :D

Made it to lv 31 and managed to unlock 2 zones and 3 cities so far.

Einbroch

Banned
do I assume correctly that Warriors (due to enemies not dodging Hundred Blades/Eviscerate/Kill Shot/...) and Elementalist (AoE) do the most damage of all professions?

If a Staff Necromancer gets in melee range and someone holds it still they can do an absolute insane amount of damage. I tank almost every "group event" boss when I throw out all my spells.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My primary gaming PC went down (power supply, looks like), so I've been playing on the ol' backup. Going from 45-60 FPS to playing under 20 FPS most of the time now. Amusingly, still playable and fun.

Violet_0

Banned
If a Staff Necromancer gets in melee range and someone holds it still they can do an absolute insane amount of damage. I tank almost every "group event" boss when I throw out all my spells.

uh, I played a scepter/staff PvP Necro during the BWEs - how do you do so much damage and why would you want to be in melee range? Are you sure you meant to say staff and not another weapon? It has mostly cc skills and barely did any damage when I played.

Einbroch

Banned
uh, I played a scepter/staff PvP Necro during the BWEs - how do you do so much damage and why would you want to be in melee range? Are you sure you meant to say staff and not another weapon? It has mostly cc skills and barely did any damage when I played.

Definitely staff.

Mark of Blood + Putrid Mark + Corrosive Poison Cloud + Well of Corruption + Well of Suffering. All AoE, but all apply some insane DoTs.

Macattk15

Has anyone completed Ascalon Catacombs Explorable?

How do you get the tokens to buy the dungeon related gear that I see on vendors in Lions Arch? I am assuming you get them from downing bosses in Explorable? I finished the Story Mode of Ascalon but did not receive any of these tokens.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Screenshot in my previous post updated, messed up the link.
How long is the ascalon catacomb? Also what is your opinion on 1password? I'm thinking of getting it.
I think it took us more than an hour in Story Mode, but I can be wrong.

Violet_0

Banned
Definitely staff.

Mark of Blood + Putrid Mark + Corrosive Poison Cloud + Well of Corruption + Well of Suffering. All AoE, but all apply some insane DoTs.

on that note, something I meant to ask for a while now - do marks trigger aoe effects? It seems to me that they work like traps, which only hit the person that steps on them

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is there a pure Healer/Support class in GW2?

Not exactly pure heal but for a lot of healing related / support stuff the guardian can go that route if you spec it correctly. Though not sure how much of a help you would be with that heavy armor if you are hanging back just running around healing up folks and throwing up shields all over the place. One thing for sure is you wont be getting much exp from doing that as besides helping folks get back on their feet you dont seem to get any sort of credit from doing things like buffing or healing directly.

For WvW stuff I actually semi change around my skills and equipment slightly so that I can assist more with healing and throwing up sheilds on occasion. Its pretty useful in standoff situations where both sides are plinking each other and the anti projectile barrier assists with allowing for wounded characters to pull back far enough out of range so they can heal up. Had a few mexican standoff situations so can attest for it being useful.

Deitus

Definitely staff.

Oh, Wells, that explains why you need to be in melee range. Have you tried the Necro trait that allows you to make Wells ground targetable? I'm not sure what range it has, but from the sound of it, you should be equally as deadly at long range.

Einbroch

Banned
Oh, Wells, that explains why you need to be in melee range. Have you tried the Necro trait that allows you to make Wells ground targetable? I'm not sure what range it has, but from the sound of it, you should be equally as deadly at long range.

I'm only level 29, but that trait sounds amazing. I just cast my two marks, auto-attack, and when they're in melee range use one of my wells. Kills any non-elite mob right when it reaches me.

The M.O.B

If you want to get the game working with Mumble Overlay, use this.

Put this at the end of your targetline for your GW2 shortcut.

-password <pass> -email <account> -nopatchui

Fill in the <> with your real info obviously. When a new patch is out you will have to take out the -nopatchui but otherwise it works just fine.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Would it be possible to open out the guild bank for everyone for now, until the Treasure Vault is finished in about a week? Right now the thing is just full, and I think it would be a great way to help out everyone by being able to put things in and out. Plus, there is a log if anyone takes everything.

I guess the invites do go out, but they take hours to actually arrive. I finally got mine that was sent a day ago.

zlatko

Banned
1708-charrmmedium

Are these medium armor sets available for all medium armor wearing classes, or just Thief? Some of these look 100% Thief specific, so it's hard to tell if Engineer can tout some of this.

panda21

how do i beat Vidkun? i'm trying to do it solo and i just get killed every time. i can knock down vidkun but you have to kill the dragon thing too otherwise he just comes back with full health.

1708-charrmmedium

Are these medium armor sets available for all medium armor wearing classes, or just Thief? Some of these look 100% Thief specific, so it's hard to tell if Engineer can tout some of this.

I can't see the image, but as far as I know all medium armor can be worn by all medium armor-wearing professions. There is no class-specific gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you want to get the game working with Mumble Overlay, use this.

Put this at the end of your targetline for your GW2 shortcut.

-password <pass> -email <account> -nopatchui

Fill in the <> with your real info obviously. When a new patch is out you will have to take out the -nopatchui but otherwise it works just fine.
This works?

Could you theoretically make two shortcuts- a "standard launch" and a "Mumble UI/No Patch" shortcut?

BrettWeir

I've been hoping they would have given some type of update or status regarding the trading post. As someone who wants to craft, I find it frustrating. I have no idea how you people are leveling crafting. I salvage every drop I get. I've never sold a single piece of loot that is salvageable, and I stop at every node I come across.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been hoping they would have given some type of update or status regarding the trading post. As someone who wants to craft, I find it frustrating. I have no idea how you people are leveling crafting. I salvage every drop I get. I've never sold a single piece of loot that is salvageable, and I stop at every node I come across.
Are you using the discovery pane? I haven't nearly salvaged everything or gathered every node I've seen, and I'm about to break 50 in jeweling...

Ferrio

Banned

Did tiny bit of grinding for creature mats... but not much for weapon smithing. Cooking I don't need any grinding.. but man I could really use more bags.

I do wish they'd get trading post up though, it's a big hamper on a big area of the game.

The M.O.B

This works?

Could you theoretically make two shortcuts- a "standard launch" and a "Mumble UI/No Patch" shortcut?

Just tried this, yup it works.

My standard desktop shortcut checks for new patches and then launches without Mumble.

My Steam shortcut has the mumble overlay options but skips the update process.

I've tried a couple times. Both times I didn't have anything. I have no idea how it works I guess. :(

I've been trading with friends for and making sure my core group doesn't overlap in primary professions so much. It seems like with the TP down, the easiest professions are the weapon making ones because they're gatherable. If you're stuck on mats, I suggest asking in guild chat to trade materials

As for discovery, it depends on what you're making. Usually it consists of 2 components you make out of a basic material + 1 fine material. Here's the reference list Ive been using that was posted earlier (its not complete but pretty good as is)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AnLuwh5uFdT3dDJrWlU0a1lTdXZjaW9hbFVVNGViZlE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=4

Ferrio

Banned
Basically craft all the materials into components, and get level ups through that first. Then use the discovery pane with all that to bust you into the next level of components.

mackattk

Very excited to see the GAF Guild spreadsheet being updated, I don't see my name on there though (I am post #298). I really don't want to nag or anything, but I would love to be part of the guild.

JimmyBoy

This was something that was a major weakness of the initial project I created, was refined a little here and there to be more natural, and then finally massively improved by WeltallZero. It works very, very well now, seriously. When using an AoE-heavy build I'd recommend playing a bit more zoomed out (but this would really be the case with a mouse too). I'm putting together a post of our latest release which we are calling the ULTIMATE CONFIG. Coming shortly

You need a new thread for this. I'm totally pumped to try this out. Also thank you in advance to everyone contributing this this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom