• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Trading post finally seems to be working. I've made 32 silver so far! Considering I started with 40, and that was the highest I'd ever had up to that point, that's pretty good. :)

Earlier today it was going up and down apparently was kinda odd. Worked for some, not for others. When it was working for me was browsing through it checking whats what. Seems pretty simple and easy to use!

8:00pm est.

Awesome Ill try to be there! Bout 2h 17m more-ish?

Aeana

I really like the order mechanic of the trading post, it seems like if you make a reasonable offer, it'll get filled for the common materials pretty quickly.

KePoW

Banned
Hawkian, that config looks great and it's pretty similar to one I've been trying to create for a whole now. One question, though: Why use RB as your shift state rather than RT?

Most 360 games use RB as the combination button... I wouldn't want RT for that, it would suck

Parakeetman

Must've been a hell of a zerg to cap so much. Anyone know what the name of the Korean guild is?

Which one? Ive seen a few running around judging from those folks typing in hangul and seeing them running around in world.

I find it a bit odd that they dont have a S. Korea server up considering how prominent the netgame culture is there.

Audioboxer

Is it bad I 'can't' play my Norn Engineer because the run animation annoys me? haha. Quite like how he looks (made him smaller than average), but his running animation is almost as bad as the human male in WoW.

zlatko

Banned
Must've been a hell of a zerg to cap so much. Anyone know what the name of the Korean guild is?

They must've had some crazy good coordination too.

So was there originally a Commando class planned for this game? I saw the image floating around a few times.

zlatko

Banned
Audίoboxer;41543773 said:
Is it bad I 'can't' play my Norn Engineer because the run animation annoys me? haha. Quite like how he looks (made him smaller than average), but his running animation is almost as bad as the human male in WoW.

THIS THIS THIS!

It's so fucking bad, and is the reason I'm not bothering with the race, even though I made my Norn warrior look bad ass.

THIS THIS THIS!

It's so fucking bad, and is the reason I'm not bothering with the race, even though I made my Norn warrior look bad ass.

I'm not minding it so much anymore. Definitely not as annoying as the Charr animation.

I really like the order mechanic of the trading post, it seems like if you make a reasonable offer, it'll get filled for the common materials pretty quickly.

Speaking of reasonable offers, whats the best way to price check?

Ferrio

Banned
THIS THIS THIS!

Mine looks fine. Of course I have a +25% runspeed signet.... oh look at my norn walk like a normal creature!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Audίoboxer;41543773 said:

Yup. Not playing any Norn because of this.
Aside from the fact that they are simply scaled up humans of course.

Parakeetman

So any warriors want to chime in on how pvp and WvW is? I'm concerned since in most other games range > melee.

I can attest for getting in close with melee and you will ruin a lot of guys days. Problem is though if you get knocked down or locked down. So without proper support you will get torn up before you get a chance to tear it up.

But once you do get in close guys health does drop quick.

Audioboxer

THIS THIS THIS!

It seems to be due to the bottom half proportion to the top half. The long arms and bulkier top half make it seem like he is almost "skipping" of some sorts because the waist and legs are too small. The big feet on top of this makes it even wonkier looking.

Trying soo hard to play a race other than human. Charr animations are pretty good, but they suffer from some bad clipping at times. Asura are good all round but I struggle to play small characters for anything other than a thief, and I just don't dig the tree folk. Their customization options simply blow the other characters out of the water though.

Humans need more options, older features (wrinkles?), more beards, and less women like faces.

Parakeetman

Audίoboxer;41543981 said:
It seems to be due to the bottom half proportion to the top half. The long arms and bulkier top half make it seem like he is almost "skipping" of some sorts.

Trying soo hard to play a race other than human. Charr animations are pretty good, but they suffer from some bad clipping at times, Asura are good all round but I struggle to play small characters for anything other than a thief, and I just don't dig the tree folk. Their customization options simply blow the other characters out of the water though.

Humans need more options, older features (wrinkles?), more beards, and less women like faces.

The clipping Id say is more irritating on the human female for some reason with how they stand with their hips cocked to the side causes the lower portion to clip through the upper bits of clothing depending on outfit.

Charr the clipping I pretty much ignore with how beautiful everything else is.

zlatko

Banned
Mine looks fine. Of course I have a +25% runspeed signet.... oh look at my norn walk like a normal creature!

That would probably help a bit. When they do any run bonus they look semi normal and hurried.

People aren't down with the Charr run animation though? Fits them quite well. Reminds me of Worgen from WoW.

Raxum

Damn the WvW is fun, but possibly because we are owning on Stormbluff. I jumped on a couple of times over the last 2 days and there were heaps of people in WvW. Spent a fair few hours in there helping defend castles and taking back supply camps from darkhaven and ehmry bay. At one point we owned everything but 1 castle that we could take, it was pretty hilarious following a huge group of people that were wondering what to do now.

FJ0372

hey guys, me and a friend bought this game to play together and I was just wondering whether we would be able to 'main story quests' together eventually?

Audioboxer

That would probably help a bit. When they do any run bonus they look semi normal and hurried.

People aren't down with the Charr run animation though? Fits them quite well. Reminds me of Worgen from WoW.

I don't mind it, fits. It would help if they found a way to make it look like the animation is playing out faster though. I think that's the main issue with Charr running (unless you're simply not down on all fours).

Ashodin

WEnQ0.png

Hell yeah. Look at them boots.

TheContact

WvW really reminds me of RvR from DAoC, straight down to hiding the enemies names. So much fun, what WvW realm do you usually select though?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How well does this work with a class that is mostly AoE focused (Elementalist)?
Should be more than fine. My original config I'd have said "ehhh..." but this one really makes AoE a pleasure.

Actually, the fact that you have to switch attunements so often might be the trickier part- though still, I'd say it is majorly doable.

Hawkian, that config looks great and it's pretty similar to one I've been trying to create for a whole now. One question, though: Why use RB as your shift state rather than RT?
I know this sounds funny, but having dodge on RT is absolutely critical to this layout. I stole it from Bayonetta
KuGsj.gif

Orayn

I know this sounds funny, but having dodge on RT is absolutely critical to this layout. I stole it from Bayonetta
KuGsj.gif

See, my muscle memory wants dodge to be either A (Monster Hunter) or B. (Dark Souls) I think I'll try some modified versions of your layout and see how they work.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
See, my muscle memory wants dodge to be either A (Monster Hunter) or B. (Dark Souls) I think I'll try some modified versions of your layout and see how they work.
I've played all of them! Dark Souls' controls are a sight to see, but B is doing a lot more than just dodge, whereas in Bayonetta it's a single mapping.

And you can't jump in Monster Hunter :p

Play around with it though and please let me know what you come up with!

arimanius

I can attest for getting in close with melee and you will ruin a lot of guys days. Problem is though if you get knocked down or locked down. So without proper support you will get torn up before you get a chance to tear it up.

But once you do get in close guys health does drop quick.

That's what I was afraid of but makes sense. I'm guessing rangers are the opposite? Great range with ok melee?

Okay this is really getting annoying. I get at least 3 or 4 emails a day telling me someone tried to reset my password.

This happen to anybody else?

Parakeetman

That's what I was afraid of but makes sense. I'm guessing rangers are the opposite? Great range with ok melee?

Actually Ive seen people talking that rangers can tank better than the more melee centric classes. Esp with that healing spring ability they got and a fully active pet also.

Have not gone deep into one myself, but am going off what Im mostly seeing fly through the map chat. Am sure folks here can set you straight. :)

---

Am having problems getting mumble set up. Cant seem to connect to the server.

To all Elementalists?

How do you guys manage to both kite (WASD) and than use skill 2 for example than aim it on the ground all while attempting to dodge stuff?

I don't think I can do it? Any tips for keybinds and such?

Hoo-doo

Banned
hey guys, me and a friend bought this game to play together and I was just wondering whether we would be able to 'main story quests' together eventually?

Yup you totally can, me and a friend played through several story missions together today. Just make sure you are both at the questmarker and your buddy will get a prompt to join up.

He'll even get to see all your dialogue sequences and mission objectives. It's pretty neat.

etiolate

Banned
Trolling as a Mesmer 101:

-Did you just down a world boss? Did a giant treasure chest drop? Go loot that chest! But before you do, equip that portal skill! Make sure to drop the first portal from a distance. Then drop a portal right on top of the treasure chest for people to interact with! Fun times.

-It's WvWvW time. Oh shoot, can't seem to take that keep? Defenders on the wall! Use temporal curtain on the keep walls. Then Into the Void! Watch as those silly defenders go flying off their own wall and right into the maelstrom of your team's attack. Fun times!

Subxero

WEnQ0.png

Hell yeah. Look at them boots.

I really like that armor. Especially the boots. I wonder if the appearance of armors vary depending on race. What level are you btw?

I'm 23 on my Norn Guardian. His armor is very Roman/Spartan looking so far. I'm pleasantly surprised I was expecting more fur honestly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
-It's WvWvW time. Oh shoot, can't seem to take that keep? Defenders on the wall! Use temporal curtain on the keep walls. Then Into the Void! Watch as those silly defenders go flying off their own wall and right into the maelstrom of your team's attack. Fun times!
Damn.

pyrandes

Trolling as a Mesmer 101:

-Did you just down a world boss? Did a giant treasure chest drop? Go loot that chest! But before you do, equip that portal skill! Make sure to drop the first portal from a distance. Then drop a portal right on top of the treasure chest for people to interact with! Fun times.

This is great. Im gonna have to do #2 next time Im in WvW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom