• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

LkPr

What do you guys even do during these really short stress tests? Seems like you can't do much of anything in this game in an hour if they wipe characters.

I would have used this time to try out my ps3 controller mapping, since I haven't yet used it in-game

Proven

awnHe.jpg

You...

Audioboxer

Got in, got my primary character name that was taken in a previous beta. Second on my list was taken, so someone must want it quickly, got my third choice as well though.

Should be okay Sat if I'm not one of the unlucky ones who can't get on!

Ricker

I am stuck in the Asura starting area on the Golem puzzle with the professor or something,you have to rotate some blocks that sparkle in a certain order,I tried for 5 minutes once and just gave up...might give this another shot now if I can get in hehe...

PewPewK

Man, I'm gonna have some fierce competition for my name. Both spelling variations were gone by 1:21pm. On the plus side, I've created a macro that should make it easier to snag the name as it goes from character creation to confirming name choice in about 500 milliseconds. As long as I can log into the game the SECOND it starts and run up my macro, I should be able to lock my name in.

zlatko

Banned
This is the first MMO that if I jump in I have absolutely no clue which race/class combo I want to hop onto.

Humans look cool, Charr look cool, Asura look cool, and so do Norn.

Engineers look awesome along with Necromancers, Warriors, and Thieves.

I'm leaning towards either a Norn or Human Engineer, but I won't lie that Charr Warriors and Engineers are all sorts of bad ass looking.

Decisions.

Kimaka

How can you tell if a name is reserved?

I got this message after entering a name:
The name you entered is a reserved Guild Wars character name. If you think this name should have been reserved for you, please make sure your Guild Wars 2 account is linked to your original Guild Wars account and try again.

Item Box

For this stress test, I'll just document my character's appearance so I can get through creation as fast as possible tomorrow.

Serious business.

How do you check if your GW1 and GW2 accounts are linked? Same email address?

Also, what would you recommend? Keeping my GW1 names or changing the first name to keep it historically accurate (the idea that they are descendants of the characters from the first game)?

Phinor

Am I just imagining things or is the camera a lot snappier and quicker to react than before? It's still not quite as good as the best-in-genre WoW has, but it's a lot better than even in the beta on Tuesday, right?

Also game seems to crash almost everytime I change zones. They've had this problem for a while now.

Just pre-purchased, never played GW before. Don't really know what to expect but it sounds great. Been feeling like playing an MMO again for a while but didn't really want to go back to WoW

r4z4

I got this message after entering a name:
The name you entered is a reserved Guild Wars character name. If you think this name should have been reserved for you, please make sure your Guild Wars 2 account is linked to your original Guild Wars account and try again.

Interesting, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom