• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonCha

Oh geez I thought the game had launched!

And FYI, my friends want me to roll with them. I can be on a European server and still be in the GAF guild right?

Ricker

Not a hint of lag for me this time around. Just bliss.

This was a stealth stress test though,very few people know about it or if they do they don't login for like 1 hour...I think we will have to wait for tomorrow and of course on the 28th to see how smooth it goes hehe... :)

Ferrio

Banned
Remember unlike other MMOs, character names are shared game wide... not server wide. So common names will go a lot quicker than any other MMO.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Something I wondered about in sPVP and it seems kinda weird that it doesn't seem to be in: will ANet allow for parties to join the same sPVP match (and be on the same team)? Or can you already do that?

desku

Over already? Oh God.

Working all weekend so won't even get to play this until Monday. My head start will be wasted!

RossCo

Neo Member
Stress test ends, I gave it the full on "NooooOOooooooOooooo!", and that was after deliberately picking a race/profession combo I didn't think I would be interested in.

Man I want this game to release.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I just played like 45 mins perhaps? Lost track of time, anyway, i tried the game for the first time, i never played the betas and this was my first go with it, i tried human guardian, liked it very much, the game feels very polished, good graphics, good action, first MMO since WAR that picked my interest this much, im glad i purchased it.

01DragonFly

Wait, so I have to create a character first? I thought names were already reserved for a 24 hour period for us.
unless you played GW 1 , all one word names are Free for all on launch day

on launch day create a character and just skip the customization , then delete and the name will be reserved for you for the next 24 hours

Just as I found a Rose Petal Pink Dye to colour my lovely Thief in with :(

E404DD16A4F68FBF524E2848DC05C992C70FF939

Look how boring he is without it.

PewPewK

Wait, so I have to create a character first? I thought names were already reserved for a 24 hour period for us.

Wait, are you talking about Guild Wars 1 names? Those are reserved for months post launch. I'm talking about if you make a character in GW2 and delete it, the name is reserved for 24 hours post character deletion.

Also, here's a short video of how fast I made my macro for trying names. I'll have you know that it attempts to pick two names in this period of time and the one you see is my second choice it's that unbelievably fast.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2ERah5kUGRmVmJxeEo1YU9WNGs

REALLY hope this helps me secure the name I want.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to pause and resume the update?

You will keep downloaded files, just close it and it will pick up where you left while resetting the counter to 0%.

Wait, are you talking about Guild Wars 1 names? Those are reserved for months post launch. I'm talking about if you make a character in GW2 and delete it, the name is reserved for 24 hours post character deletion.

Also, here's a short video of how fast I made my macro for trying names. I'll have you know that it attempts to pick two names in this period of time and the one you see is my second choice it's that unbelievably fast.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2ERah5kUGRmVmJxeEo1YU9WNGs

REALLY hope this helps me secure the name I want.

AH okay. Yes I played Guild Wars 1 and I was hoping to keep the names of some of the characters that I played.

Well this stress test helped me decide the sex of my characters. Screw Males in this game. Rolling Females on my Sylvari, Asura, Norn and Human. My only Male character is going to be human -_-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom