• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewPewK

Man I cannot wait for tomorrow night. 'Dis gonna be good!

Edit: 301th post!? Looks like I just went from Junior to Member! YAY!

Ferrio

Banned
So many of the faces in this game are just waaaaaay to MOE, there's only a few (1 or 2 if you're lucky) plain faces. Everything else is mostly moe.

ACE 1991

So do you guys envision the "5 pre-determined skills per weapon" system ending up being stifling? I understand that a lot of the skills in WoW ended up be frequently unused, but having options was always nice.

Vinci

Danish
So do you guys envision the "5 pre-determined skills per weapon" system ending up being stifling? I understand that a lot of the skills in WoW ended up be frequently unused, but having options was always nice.

I like it. Personally, I think it removes the whole 'learning your interface' aspect and changes it over to a 'learning how to fight' aspect.

Complistic

Well this stress test helped me decide the sex of my characters. Screw Males in this game. Rolling Females on my Sylvari, Asura, Norn and Human. My only Male character is going to be human -_-.

Charr males are fine, and asura male and females are pretty much the same but yeah, norn and sylvari males are lol.

My team (Female Norn Ranger, Female Asura Elementalist, Male Charr Necromancer, Female Human Thief, Male Sylvari Guardian):

zKdxr.jpg

Dunlop

Can't remember who asked anymore but more details on the performance with my shitty PC

Win7 pro (64 bit)
4GB Ram
GTX260
AMD Phenom II x3 720 2.8ghz
1920 x 1080 (have a dual screen but GW is only on 1)

Using the default settings I am medium everything, low post processing

Top framerate: 52 fps
Lowest: 25 fps (when 1 billion people were around the PVP browser because it wasn't working)
Looks and performs MUCH better than SWTOR (Ilum was BAAD)

Love this game so much I might actually update my videocard :p

How do Engineers play like? GW2wiki is down so I cant do research for myself. T.T

Jack of all trades, great for support and holding objectives

arimanius

Prepurchased and downloading the client now. I purposely stayed away from almost all GW 2 info so I wouldn't get to hyped up. After to many disappointing games I didn't want unrealistic expectations.

Now to read up on the classes and prepare for Sat. *rubs hands together*

Arksy

How do Engineers play like? GW2wiki is down so I cant do research for myself. T.T

They have an incredible amount of different roles.

For example:

You can go rifle with boots, ram and goggles and be a really mobile and evasive gun platform.

You can go heavy turret and supply crate build and essentially be an immobile rock, tearing anything that comes close to shreds.

You can go elixir build, granting random effects and giving you a load of utility.

That's before going into the various kits you can use, flamethrower for close ranged damage, grenades for long ranged damage/support.

Bombs for area denial.

Vinci

Danish
Are there a fair number of us on Mumble w/ mics? I don't have a mic but I'm considering getting one if a lot of us are using it.

For this stress test, despite being at an odd time for many of us, there were over a dozen folks in Mumble. It stays pretty busy while the game is up. So launch should be... active.

Vinci

Danish
not a member of the Gaf guild (they hate Canadians :p ), but usually they are manditory...course that was when I was a raider

Nothing is mandatory in GAFguild. It's beneficial if you can talk, but if all you can do is listen, that's fine as well.

PewPewK

For this stress test, despite being at an odd time for many of us, there were over a dozen folks in Mumble. It stays pretty busy while the game is up. So launch should be... active.

I haven't been to the Mumble yet, but I plan on camping out tomorrow as I spam the login button. I have a feeling there are a number of people like me and the Mumble is going to be very, very crowded come tomorrow.

Vinci

Danish
I haven't been to the Mumble yet, but I plan on camping out tomorrow as I spam the login button. I have a feeling there are a number of people like me and the Mumble is going to be very, very crowded come tomorrow.

We have scheduled a pre-launch Mumble event starting at midnight EST. So yeah, we're expecting a lot of people.

Does anyone know if anet went to the extent of putting in changing seasons in the game as the seasons change in the real world? I feel like that's something they'd do.

Reikon

Short notice 1 hour stress test, not surprised.

But I'm not counting the absolute number of players. We were underpopulated compared to the servers we were against, Sea of Sorrows and Anvil Rock. They each easily had 2-3x as many people.

Charr males are fine, and asura male and females are pretty much the same but yeah, norn and sylvari males are lol.

Yeah Charr Males are fine but not rolling one, don't like the Charr. I disagree on Asura Females and Males looking the same.

So many of the faces in this game are just waaaaaay to MOE, there's only a few (1 or 2 if you're lucky) plain faces. Everything else is mostly moe.

gw010h.jpg
I'm a Bunny! :3

PewPewK

We have scheduled a pre-launch Mumble event starting at midnight EST. So yeah, we're expecting a lot of people.

That's exactly what I was talking about :)

I'd be surprised if there's less than 100 people in the Mumble during that period. Probably will be larger than that.

Vinci

Danish
But I'm not counting the absolute number of players. We were underpopulated compared to the servers we were against, Sea of Sorrows and Anvil Rock. They each easily had 2-3x as many people.

Stormbluff has done well in WvW across the BWEs and Stress Tests. If they didn't show up today, it's not an indication of the server's level of participation in anything other than this particular stress test.

Fou-Lu

Never played the original, but tempted to get into GW2. Just worried I'll end up having my life consumed. :p

Still, it's been a while since I played an MMO and it would be nice to be part of a community like that again.

PewPewK

Crap, why am I still a "Junior" with 519 posts? Is this automatic?

I guess I'm unlucky :(

Seemed like it was automatic to me...

If I remember correctly, it's supposed to be something like member for 6 months and 300 posts, but you've been a member since 2008 so I have no idea. I'm not the person to ask about that stuff, heh.

jmonteiro

Seemed like it was automatic to me...

If I remember correctly, it's supposed to be something like member for 6 months and 300 posts, but you've been a member since 2008 so I have no idea. I'm not the person to ask about that stuff, heh.

Bad luck for me I guess :(

Jira

Does anyone know if anet went to the extent of putting in changing seasons in the game as the seasons change in the real world? I feel like that's something they'd do.

There are events that can change the environment, like a snowstorm can blow in and spread snow everywhere and change the events in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom