• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. I did buy the game today but I haven't received an email (that's what I read on the site I think) yet.

I bought it like an hour ago and got a couple of emails immediately. Had to sign up for an account since I didn't have one yet

Registering your Guild Wars 2 account lets you play the game before launch by providing you with Headstart Access on August 25, three days before the game launches.

Really like the look of the Sylvari.

As for Mumble, do most of you use push to talk for Guild Wars? Recommended key?
I feel like all I've seen are blue skinned Sylvari guardians. Even made one myself, I think for that reason I will make sure to go with a different color.

You really are talented.

Thanks a lot! I'm usually not one to dismiss compliments (for example, I wouldn't do so if someone complimented my intelligence :D), but really, I'm not. I just happened to come across a big-ass GW2 logo with transparent background :D. The credit is all ArenaNet's beautiful world design's.

Uhm, guys.. your head moves at -anything- you've locked as a target (with tab). If it's bigger, you look up, if it's smaller, you look down ;)

That's the thing, I wasn't targeting my pet. You can't even tab-target friendlies with my configuration (there may be a keybind for cycling through them, but it's useless in a game with no targeted friendly spells).

There are events that can change the environment, like a snowstorm can blow in and spread snow everywhere and change the events in the area.
Yeah, I saw that happening with the big event chain in the Norn starting area, I mean more of a change like the night and day cycle, but slower and involving changing seasons. Fall in the northern hemisphere (where anet is based)? Leaves start to change color. Spring in the northern hemisphere, critters have babies hangin around and trees show buds, which progresses into full on leaves in the summer, etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I saw that happening with the big event chain in the Norn starting area, I mean more of a change like the night and day cycle, but slower and involving changing seasons. Fall in the northern hemisphere (where anet is based)? Leaves start to change color. Spring in the northern hemisphere, critters have babies hangin around and trees show buds, which progresses into full on leaves in the summer, etc.
No way to know yet haha... it's always winter in hoelbrak though

Reikon

Stormbluff has done well in WvW across the BWEs and Stress Tests. If they didn't show up today, it's not an indication of the server's level of participation in anything other than this particular stress test.

Neither does the previous BWEs and stress tests indicate how Stormbluff will do at launch. They just did a wipe and everyone had to do server selection again, so I'm assuming this round of players is a much closer representation of the launch population since servers are more likely decided on now.

Vinci

Danish
Neither does the previous BWEs and stress tests indicate how Stormbluff will do at launch. They just did a wipe and everyone had to do server selection again, so I'm assuming this round of players is a much closer representation of the launch population since servers are more likely decided on now.

Guess we'll see. Judging the server by its population in an oddly timed, randomly announced stress test though? I'm not sure either is a valid measure when you get down to it. It seemed active enough in WvW last night, so... *shrugs*

EDIT: For example, even many of the GAFguild that ordinarily play WvW religiously weren't doing it this time around. A lot of people were running around Ebonhawke to check out the new zone.

Grokbu

I might have missed it, but I haven't seen Teknopathetic post after Retro's post. Hope he doesn't feel like he shouldn't post in here.
Can't remember who asked anymore but more details on the performance with my shitty PC

Win7 pro (64 bit)
4GB Ram
GTX260
AMD Phenom II x3 720 2.8ghz
1920 x 1080 (have a dual screen but GW is only on 1)

Using the default settings I am medium everything, low post processing

Top framerate: 52 fps
Lowest: 25 fps (when 1 billion people were around the PVP browser because it wasn't working)
Looks and performs MUCH better than SWTOR (Ilum was BAAD)

Love this game so much I might actually update my videocard :p
Just make sure that it really is your graphics card that's holding you back before you spend the money. You might know this though, just thought I'd mention it.

No way to know yet haha... it's always winter in hoelbrak though
There might not be, yeah, could be an undisclosed feature, but I feel like that's something the devs will have talked about during development that would have been mentioned, so I'm just trying to see if any of the die hards that have been following this game for 5 years have seen anything about that.

Why is your slyvari nakey?
Here is he, fully clothed:

FURg3.jpg

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Question about Mumble - I'm going to try to join it before launch tomorrow because I would like to talk to you guys through voice rather than text but one issue I have with voice chat stuff - does the Mumble "mute" the game sound a bit as people speak or does the game sound stay as loud as it usually is with people having to talk over it? I prefer the former to the latter and, until I use the Mumble anyway, Skype is horrible to talk to my friend over the game just because the sound of the game can be loud.

Also, I'm going to reask this question while I'm at it:

Something I wondered about in sPVP and it seems kinda weird that it doesn't seem to be in: will ANet allow for parties to join the same sPVP match (and be on the same team)? Or can you already do that?

Wallach

I really don't think so. The primary guild census site has us projected as the third highest server by estimated players. Plus one of the most known sPVP guilds (Super Squad) announced that they are going to Stormbluff Isle for release. We're going to be on the higher end.

PewPewK

Yeah, I got confused.

Funny thing is the rule isn't stated anywhere in the FAQ. Only thing they have regarding it is...

If you are approved after successfully registering and verifying your email, you will begin as a Junior Member. This is a probationary period where you will be unable to start new threads and there are harsher penalties for breaking the ToS. Follow the rules, be civil, and try to contribute meaningfully to discussion and you will eventually be automatically upgraded to Member status.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just curious for all of you Asurans out there. How close will you be sticking to the lore in regards to naming your asura?

Is there a place I can go to read about the Asuran naming conventions? I would like to have a name that at the very least fits into the lore somewhat.

Nevermind. Found it.

If anyone else would like to know, here's the place that I found:

http://guildwars2roleplay.wikispaces.com/Naming+Conventions

This was the most polished test out of all the BWEs and smaller stress ones.

It's probably because most people were at work/school though.

I have this weird feeling it's going to be laggy and possibly crashy tomorrow.
(being Friday night and all)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Really like the look of the Sylvari.

As for Mumble, do most of you use push to talk for Guild Wars? Recommended key?

Please use Push to Talk. It really bothers me when I can hear people's background noise.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just curious for all of you Asurans out there. How close will you be sticking to the lore in regards to naming your asura?

Considering my Asura Guardian is named Thrill Cosby...uuuuuuh...very close?

Dunlop

Just make sure that it really is your graphics card that's holding you back before you spend the money. You might know this though, just thought I'd mention it.

I'm not going to break the bank or anything, wife is back at work after 8 years of me being the sole provider (on purpose, we wanted a parent home for the kids) so next year I am going apeshit on my gaming rig

For now looking at something like:

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=61236&vpn=GV-N56GOC-1GI&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1088

"I might have missed it, but I haven't seen Teknopathetic post after Retro's post. Hope he doesn't feel like he shouldn't post in here."

Nope, not the case.

"Funny thing is the rule isn't stated anywhere in the FAQ. Only thing they have regarding it is..."

It's not mentioned intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom