• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Rin

what's the story behind this?

As quoted from the wiki:

An asura's name usually consists of a short, sharp first name with one or two syllables. Feminine asura names typically end in -i or -a vowel sounds, and the masculine in a consonant sound. Any asura whose name does not follow these rules may risk ridicule during childhood. Both male and female Asuras typically have two of the same letter in a row somewhere in their name. Asura do not have a last name, instead opting to use job titles, a krewe name, or honorifics to differentiate themselves. Those who choose to take a last name of a style similar to humans are rare and are considered eccentrics, though their surname is often ignored by other asura.

Middle mouse button here, but I've killed the middle mouse button on almost every mouse with P2T so I think I'm going headset.

I might even use one of those 12 buttons on the Naga for it. Haven't really played many games since I got it that required vent.

Grokbu

V_Arnold

Uhm, what is the situation with the registration site?

All I get is "incorrect password" when trying to link it. I have the serial in there already, greyed, but somehow when I need to type the password, it just freaks out. I cant log in, and even after a reset, typing the new password does not work either.

Great start, NCSoft... great start. Let us put the serials as the first step, yeah.

Middle mouse button here, but I've killed the middle mouse button on almost every mouse with P2T so I think I'm going headset.

I've done the same without using the middle mouse button for that purpose. Myabe I've just got ham finger or something.

All I get is "incorrect password" when trying to link it. I have the serial in there already, greyed, but somehow when I need to type the password, it just freaks out. I cant log in, and even after a reset, typing the new password does not work either.
Getting a similar problem, something's gone wrong with the site. This is likely to get fixed shortly.

Kalnos

Banned

Great start, NCSoft... great start. Let us put the serials as the first step, yeah.

I can't log in and I have had my code registered for a very long time. It says 'invalid password' but also says 'Err Timeout' on the page so I'm assuming that the site is just getting hammered. Nothing to get bent out of shape about.

V_Arnold

I can't log in and I have had my code registered for a very long time. It says 'invalid password' but also says 'Err Timeout' on the page so I'm assuming that the site is just getting hammered. Nothing to get bent out shape about.

Yeah, I would definitely sleep well if I knew that the serial is already linked to the account. I cannot check that however right now, so I am a bit nervous. :D

I believe the authentication servers are down presently - I, along with other GAF guilders, are not able to log on with existing accounts right now. It's an overall problem and it's probably that they are doing maintenance right now. MY hope is that they are adding the ability to connect GW1 and GW2 accounts post GW2 account creation. I want my HoM rewards :(

Are there any Green Man Gaming discount codes that are still working for this? Also, would a GMG prepurchase made today give the 3 day head start?

Trying to convince a friend to buy it.

Reknoc

Are there any Green Man Gaming discount codes that are still working for this? Also, would a GMG prepurchase made today give the 3 day head start?

Trying to convince a friend to buy it.

You can use the 20% off they have on the main page on the on the digital versions. No headstart though.

Yeah, I can't log into the site either, it just switches to German. The problem also applies to GW1; however, it took four tries to get in and took a long time to connect.

Jack_AG

Banned
So how many of you are using a 360 gamepad for this game?
I was going to try it for the heck of it but after toying with the Ele there's just no way I can split-second ground target behind me while circle strafing as accurately as I can with my g13/g500.

I would assume melee would work much better but still having to lift your thumbs from camera and movement to use face buttons seems like it would limit my movement while activating abilities.

Its do-able, but not ideal. Movement and timing is essential in this game so I would consider it a drawback. I know some on here love using one and there is an amazing writeup on gafguild.com if you are interested.

Dunlop

I believe the authentication servers are down presently - I, along with other GAF guilders, are not able to log on with existing accounts right now. It's an overall problem and it's probably that they are doing maintenance right now. MY hope is that they are adding the ability to connect GW1 and GW2 accounts post GW2 account creation. I want my HoM rewards :(

phew, I had opened a support ticket and received an e-mail to complete my support account. After that I could not log back into the regular site and I thought it was related

Teknoman

I use numpad "Del" key for push to talk. I hope that doesnt conflict with anything else...worked ok so far.

Might use C now since that seems closer.

I was going to try it for the heck of it but after toying with the Ele there's just no way I can split-second ground target behind me while circle strafing as accurately as I can with my g13/g500.

I would assume melee would work much better but still having to lift your thumbs from camera and movement to use face buttons seems like it would limit my movement while activating abilities.

Its do-able, but not ideal. Movement and timing is essential in this game so I would consider it a drawback. I know some on here love using one and there is an amazing writeup on gafguild.com if you are interested.

I'm going to be an Ele too, I'm just concerned because I'm not a real PC gamer but am pretty damn good at action games on xbox. I played the heck out of GW1 but that didn't require fast reflexes and dodging. I think I could be extremely skilled quickly with the gamepad but might have problems with keyboard and mouse. Using the keyboard to move is alien and awkward to me. I was going to see if people using it could give instructions on how they got it to work. Hawkian had some way back but his profile didn't have GW2 on it and as far as I know, he never updated it. Would love to get this setup before the game launches.

foladar

I use numpad "Del" key for push to talk. I hope that doesnt conflict with anything else...worked ok so far.

Might use C now since that seems closer.

Del was my go-to as well in most games, but I tend to use ` since it's close to that area now. Still undecided and we're 1.5 days away. Crazy. Diablo 3 is making me even more undecided with 1.04.

You can use the 20% off they have on the main page on the on the digital versions. No headstart though.

Any idea if buying from buy.guildwars2.com still gives the full 3 day head start? (I would assume the answer is yes, since it still lists the 3 day head start on that page)

It's called Total Game Control and AutoHotKey, but if you want to get this done easily check out Weltall's bundle: http://gamingmusings.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/how-to-play-guild-wars-2-with-controller.html
Awesome, I'm going to try Weltall's bundle when I get home! Thanks! I still have your autohotkey and total game control on my system haha Alas, your profile has every game BUT GW2 :(
People using the controller will have very serious issues with any skill shots.

I'll have to try it out before I can argue one way or another but the battle system is pretty action-y so don't see why a controller shouldn't work great.

I remember seeing some data a while ago in this thread that showed class/race stats from a beta test or something. Anyone have the link to that? Can't seem to find it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's not my profile. The free version doesn't let you import other people's profiles (even though it seems like it works) :(
Ground target skills, I'm guessing.
It works fine, there's just a learning curve. I was really enjoying aiming Barrage during this last stress test.

Reknoc

Any idea if buying from buy.guildwars2.com still gives the full 3 day head start? (I would assume the answer is yes, since it still lists the 3 day head start on that page)

As far as I'm aware it does. I'm not sure though as I refuse to pay their prices.

Hoo-doo

Banned
http://gw2census.com/

This has more up to date data.

Whoa, that's almost too perfect.

dssdfds.JPG

That's not my profile. The free version doesn't let you import other people's profiles (even though it seems like it works) :(

It works fine, there's just a learning curve. I was really enjoying aiming Barrage during this last stress test.

Ohhhhhh! It all makes sense now. Guess I'll take those off and try Welltall's package. Appreciate the update, buddy. Also, nice avatar to go with your name ;) It's probably a dragon but looks similar to an artistically sketched hawk.

LkPr

Especially if they're using 3rd party controller mapping programs like xpadder.

ive been looking at the xpadder profiles and have set mine up, and in theory so far it seems like it could work. People have been testing it as well and haven't had many problems so far, or so i read

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ohhhhhh! It all makes sense now. Guess I'll take those off and try Welltall's package. Appreciate the update, buddy. Also, nice avatar to go with your name ;) It's probably a dragon but looks similar to an artistically sketched hawk.
It's the Wereraven, one of the Norn racial elites.

arg, swore I clicked edit- sorry.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom