• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

Kayos is dead :(

INFLUX OF PEOPLE AND LAG IS RESETTING OUR CHAT HISTORY. IF YOU DON"T GET IN PLEASE SEND IN THE REQUEST AFTER A FEW MIN!

Shadow Kayos, Ashodin Venteal, Gojira, Hawkian The Blade all people that you can whisper for an invite. Please have row number.

Oh. What is a row number?

fmpanda

You know it's a launch when all of the bad guys are just standing around for the most part, and the main group I'm supposed to be with hasn't even appeared in the crypt yet, lol. This is a very great looking game though.

Anyone have any advice? If i select Subsampling, or supersampling, the game runs fine (But ugly and laggy respectively) if i try to run native resolution for the textures, the screen turns black and the colors kinda drip into the screen like someones pouring water over it, eventually being fully white.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Anyone have any advice? If i select Subsampling, or supersampling, the game runs fine (But ugly and laggy respectively) if i try to run native resolution for the textures, the screen turns black and the colors kinda drip into the screen like someones pouring water over it, eventually being fully white.

Updated your graphics drivers? Tried the latest beta drivers?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I dunno what the deal with others is. But I have not had one hint of any lag.

It is running butter smooth for me.

I just saw about 25-30 people all standing ina big pile watching a cutscene though...that was funny

foladar

I dunno what the deal with others is. But I have not had one hint of any lag.

It is running butter smooth for me.

I just saw about 25-30 people all standing ina big pile watching a cutscene though...that was funny

You're extremely lucky, I can't even work on one quest since it's constantly lagging out. Sucks. Literally can't do anything.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT GOOGLE DOC LIST THEN WE CANNOT ADD YOU RIGHT NOW! WE ARE BUSY ADDING PEOPLE ALREADY ON THAT LIST WHO ARE WHISPERING US. ONCE WE ARE DONE WE WILL ADD YOU.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh come on, not again :D

I swear, everytime my character looks awesome the server is down while I'm finished -.-

Can I just stay in the editor and press "OK" again when it's up again? Probably not right?

Kayos, did you get my whisper? They don't show up in my chat box so I don't know if it actually gets to you. But my in-game name is Ragnar Stoneskin, row number #122.

Ken

What do the items from the CE do? I used the Chalice item but nothing happened. And then I used the Golem and found it it expires in 4 days? :(

Are any of them permanent?

Agkel

My files are about 17gb.

Thx, seems that buying through the official website still gets you early access but still looking around to see if buying through amazon gets me early access, if not ill just bite the bullet on the official site.

Grokbu

Managed to log in and create a character. But after the initial character cutscene, I got a black screen with the GW2 theme playing in the background, and all I could do was click on skip... which did nothing.

So I shut the game down, and now I can't log in. :<

So pissed. Was done with the character creation, and was trying to get in, when I lose my connection. Have to do it all over again. Then, I actually get through, but after the introduction video, nothing happens. Just a black screen. I could click on skip to the end at the bottom right, but nothing happened then either. Had to ctrl alt del out of there, and now stuck at the launcher.

All common for a mmo launch, but still, so bitter when it feels like I was in already.

Scum

Managed to log in. Mesmer, ahoy! :D
I'll wait for the rest of EU GAF for guild stuff later, when I'm awake. lol

Tambini

Managed to log in and create a character. But after the initial character cutscene, I got a black screen with the GW2 theme playing in the background, and all I could do was click on skip... which did nothing.

I got that and when I managed to log in after I closed it my character was still there so I don't think you'll have to make it again.

Can't log in now though.

Grokbu

So pissed. Was done with the character creation, and was trying to get in, when I lose my connection. Have to do it all over again. Then, I actually get through, but after the introduction video, nothing happens. Just a black screen. I could click on skip to the end at the bottom right, but nothing happened then either. Had to ctrl alt del out of there, and now stuck at the launcher.

All common for a mmo launch, but still, so bitter when it feels like I was in already.

Sounds like what's happening to me. Annoying indeed.
I got that and when I managed to log in after I closed it my character was still there so I don't think you'll have to make it again.

Can't log in now though.

Phew. Thanks, good to know.

dot

Yeahh, the game is getting hammered.

I think i'm just gonna play tomorrow since i got my 5 character names already. Not feeling too well right now (good timing huh? lol)..

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
INFLUX OF PEOPLE AND LAG IS RESETTING OUR CHAT HISTORY. IF YOU DON"T GET IN PLEASE SEND IN THE REQUEST AFTER A FEW MIN!

Shadow Kayos, Ashodin Venteal, Gojira, Hawkian The Blade all people that you can whisper for an invite. Please have row number.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rue&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=500

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT GOOGLE DOC LIST THEN WE CANNOT ADD YOU RIGHT NOW! WE ARE BUSY ADDING PEOPLE ALREADY ON THAT LIST WHO ARE WHISPERING US. ONCE WE ARE DONE WE WILL ADD YOU.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag

Yup I'm at the same black screen..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guild cap hit for the moment- we're collecting all the silver we can to get the cap raised and will keep adding folks! Please bear with us and be patient :D

I have to say, a lot of people are complaining of lag and getting kicked and so forth, but from my perspective this launch has been buttery smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom