• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

I meant to say notes, and edited my post to fix that. I have a habit of typing things by reflex if I'm not paying full attention, and "patch day" is one of those things. Sorry for the confusion.

It's all good. Just took me awhile to get it. I'm slow.

Hopefully we will get the notes today. I'm dying to know the mesmer and engi changes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually, the patch is supposed to drop today around noon PST / 3PM EST, but the Lost Shores event doesn't begin until tomorrow. We should get the patch notes today or tomorrow, in theory.
Thought so!

In practice, i expect closer to 7pm. But still hype!

BrettWeir

Actually, the patch is supposed to drop today around noon PST / 3PM EST, but the Lost Shores event doesn't begin until tomorrow. We should get the patch notes today or tomorrow, in theory.

Seriously?! Ok...now you have me excited for 3:00. You better be right, Retro....if not, I will slowly cry myself into oblivion...or tomorrow. Whichever comes first.

Retro

Seriously?! Ok...now you have me excited for 3:00. You better be right, Retro....if not, I will slowly cry myself into oblivion...or tomorrow. Whichever comes first.

I have it on good authority that the patch will be on time today. 3PM PST, 6PM EST.

Oh, top of a new page:
Lost Shores Event Page: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/
Southsun Shores Preview: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/exploration/exploring-southsun-cove-hands-preview
Complete Guide to the Fractals: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists

GAFGuild Culling has been completed!
If you log in and find yourself kicked, it is nothing personal; because of the 500 member Guild limit, we occasionally remove inactive players to make room. Our logic is that if you're not playing regularly, you'd never notice you were kicked; if you are active, you will. Simply whisper an officer to get back in; Ferny, Ashodin Venteal, Hawkian The Blade, Gojira, Professor Retro, Nephenee Reginleif, or Wallach.

Again, it's nothing personal and we just kick people who are listed as "Unknown", which means that person hasn't logged in since the last patch.

Levyne

Banned
c7Fr5l.png

pyrandes

That article on Fractals was fantastic and heightens my excitement to get into the dungeon. It waylayed a concern of the difficulty level ( being able to set it certainly helps).

-—-----------

Ill be looking to do Colossus (AC) tonite, or CoF/Arah (need to do everything for those). Failing that, Ill be glad to help with any dungeons others may have to do.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That article on Fractals was fantastic and heightens my excitement to get into the dungeon. It waylayed a concern of the difficulty level ( being able to set it certainly helps).

-—-----------

Ill be looking to do Colossus (AC) tonite, or CoF/Arah (need to do everything for those). Failing that, Ill be glad to help with any dungeons others may have to do.

I'll rock some CoF and would love to learn Arah.

AC p3 is not a path I want to do again anytime soon though, sorry. :| That was fun, but it took every ounce of coordination we could muster up.

Levyne

Banned
I need CoE 1 and 3, HoTW 2 and 3, CoF 3, and all of Arah (though I should have had 1
LLShC.gif
stupid bug)

So that's a lot but before this week I hadn't done any CM, SE, CoE, CoF so i'm making progress

BrettWeir

Hrm.....I guess I'm looking forward to seeing if any good, exotic, new loot comes from this (not already mentioned Ascended stuff). I'm sitting on over 200g with nothing to spend it on. I may just use it to craft a Necro and another class to 80.....Bah. Yeah, I'm a sucker for punishment.

Levyne

Banned
Hrm.....I guess I'm looking forward to seeing if any good, exotic, new loot comes from this (not already mentioned Ascended stuff). I'm sitting on over 200g with nothing to spend it on. I may just use it to craft a Necro and another class to 80.....Bah. Yeah, I'm a sucker for punishment.

I'm taking donations for my "buying Khold a precursor" fund.

Levyne

Banned
Hopefully you wont need that fund, with the "updated" way of getting precursors.

I imagine it will still be super time consuming to do the "scavenger hunt" or whatever its called. Else everyone and their 3 alts will all have precursors.

I also wasn't being serious, but it would be nice to use the gold I do have saved up for something like t3 armor instead.

BrettWeir

I imagine it will still be super time consuming to do the "scavenger hunt" or whatever its called. Else everyone and their 3 alts will all have precursors.

I also wasn't being serious, but it would be nice to use the gold I do have saved up for something like t3 armor instead.

I don't mind a time consuming scavenger hunt. It's a shit load better than the RNG BS it is now....or spend an assload of gold on the TP. Neither of those options are exciting and give a sense of reward that Legendary type items should have....imo.

T3 armor would be awesome. It doesn't seem as common as Legendaries are.

37 more minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tess3ract

Banned
I got a trial for this but I have class and won't be home till 9:30-10.

Do gaffers have a big guild? What about a mumble to shoot the shit?

pyrandes

I got a trial for this but I have class and won't be home till 9:30-10.

Do gaffers have a big guild? What about a mumble to shoot the shit?

Just culled some members out, but Ive seen 50-60 people on at night easily. Pretty active i think.

mumble is there as well; more people should pop on outside of dungeon runs to gab (including myself). :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I mean groups may fill up fast since I imagine the lot of you will be trying it out.

Like CoE yesterday! Let's do CoE.

I want to do more CoE at some point. After last night, I'm sort of hoping the big patch addresses some of the weird Subject Alpha shit. Otherwise, that's just an overall interesting dungeon.

CoF, though - I need that armor. :| Or I guess I could craft exotics with the same stats? I think I can at least, ha.

My ideal way of obtaining precursors was to have a precursor as a reward for completing every story quest. You still have that scavenger hunt since the story quests take you all over Tyria, it encourages people to actually complete the story instead of just ignoring it once they hit 80, and precursors themselves aren't anything special. They're just a means to an end (except The Hunter rifle, what a kick-ass skin and I'm still debating whether to forge The Predator or not).

And dungeon talk? If it's the following, I'm in:
All of them

I need CoE 1 and 3, HoTW 2 and 3, CoF 3, and all of Arah (though I should have had 1
LLShC.gif
stupid bug)

So that's a lot but before this week I hadn't done any CM, SE, CoE, CoF so i'm making progress

Looks like I still haven't done CoE 1 as well (thought I did). Also more HoTW is always nice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't cull me out! Although I am on pretty often :)
If you've been on at all recently, odds are VERY low that you'd be affected. If you are, just whisper and officer and you'll be back in in no time.

And yeah I am cerrrtainly down for more dungeons tonight. I'll even do Colossus with you pyrandes ;)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you've been on at all recently, odds are VERY low that you'd be affected. If you are, just whisper and officer and you'll be back in in no time.

And yeah I am cerrrtainly down for more dungeons tonight. I'll even do Colossus with you pyrandes ;)

Brave man Hawkian - although, I think we ironed out a decent strat last night. It all comes down to execution and luck at that point.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, I'm not going to be able to get on until so long after the event tomorrow :'( Damn. At least I can check out the patch stuff tonight.

etiolate

Banned
MASSIVE WUBDUB POST INC

I'm not trolling, I'm disappointed. Trollpointed at most.

Are we winning wvwvw?

I stayed up late Tuesday night to Wednesday morning, playing with the Koreans and Aussies, until we took back the overall points lead, and once SBI takes the lead on weekdays, we rarely give it back up. It was a 20k lead last I checked.

Since I said it when SBI would finish second and now we're finishing first, WvWvW really is just a coverage check, and that's why SBI comes from behind every week and then puts the game out of reach by Wednesday ngiht and Thursday morning, making the last two days kind of pointless. =/

Synapse <SYN>, along with Philippine Heroes had switched over to SBI after the TA breakup and its help smooth over coverage gaps for SBI. <NOPE> (with funny letters) is a group I haven't seen before that has been running Eternal Battlegrounds all week as well. We still have coverage gaps but they aren't as weak as JQ's or other server's gaps. There's also Not Yet Solved <NYS> within the oceanic coverage for SBI now.

Someone offered the idea that they change the scoring system so that you're aiming to win certain hours of the day and then how many of those bracket of hours are won by each server determine an overall winner. So you have weekend NA primetime hours, weekend off-peak hour winners, and weekday primetime hour winners, and weekday off-peak hour winners. This would make the whole week matter more since you wouldn't be able to make huge point differences during weekday off-peak hours that trivialize the more intense weekend battles.

Honestly, I feel the knowledge of SBI's weekday power has begun to make the server half-ass it on weekends.

Another suggestion was offered by Freelancer (Yeah, I know he gets much hate.) on how to break up the zerg. A lot of people feel there's no real counter to the zerg due to the limitations imposed on AOE targeting and the "turtling" strategy. Basically, zergs bunch up on each other and create more numbers than the limit on aoe damage can hit. They then stack heals that outweigh the AOE damage, and it becomes very hard to take out a zerg. You then have al the culling issues from portal bombing on top of that.

Anyways, Freelancer's suggestion was to remove the crossed sword notifications from the WvWvW map. These notifications act as lightning rods to zergs and tell them where to quickly move towards. They also mean you don't need to leave behind too many people to protect or watch keeps, because the map will notify players of whats being hit for them.

Now, playing with War Machine and also the NA folks on SBI, I don't entirely agree with that. Normally, there's one or two people at the major keeps and at a tower to watch and report. There's also more than one group hitting more than one target. This makes it difficult for one singular opposing zerg turtle to be everywhere at once. I still like the idea though and would remove swords for merely hitting NPCs. If two players attack, then keep the swords because its more logical that a player is reporting activity on the map than a NPC. Of course, keep swords for inner gates and Guild Lords being attacked, otherwise that comm silence just encourages more Memser portals and wall hacking. But removing swords for attacking NPC guards would encourage keeping people at nodes to monitor and defend, and thus thin the zerg a bit.

Then make it so when you upgrade a keep or tower, the inner area has a champ boss NPC with an indignation buff that last for the first minute of engagement. Basically, what you're trying to do is slow down the zerg and make it so you have to spread your resource of people out more when you control more of the map. Currently, you can control an entire map and still keep most of your army in one spot, but just move them very quickly. (Once you have a group of aoe speed buffs, the travel time issue of WvWvW becomes very minimal.)

KingKong

Being a warrior is no fun, they barely get any changes :/ I guess that's what happens when it's well designed in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom