• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Moa Morph: Targets transformed by this skill have 5 new and less-frustrating skills, and this skill can also be used underwater to turn enemies into tuna. This skill now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud.

BEST. PATCH. EVER.

etiolate

Banned
Moa Morph: Targets transformed by this skill have 5 new and less-frustrating skills, and this skill can also be used underwater to turn enemies into tuna. This skill now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud.

Time to Tuna something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tons of subtle but DEEPLY good tweaks. Check it:
The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.

The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.
unf

Levyne

Banned
Been stuck on the LA art screen a while.

Rare/Exotic Drop rate up!
Better chance at Precursors from MF!
More drops from Vets/Champs!

Should help to drive down prices of both precursors and other rare skins I imagine

etiolate

Banned
Tons of subtle but DEEPLY good tweaks. Check it:

unf

Yeah, that's what I've been asking for. More interesting loot pls.

Portal: This skill’s recharge has been increased to 90 seconds.

I don't like this change as it doesn't do anything to help the culling issue that Portal creates and it just merely reduces the situations in which you'd use Portal because the long CD means you are only saving it for portal bombs instead of using it in more creative ways within active combat.

Levyne

Banned
The Consortium Chest sounds interesting. Finally rare/exotic breathers?

Looks like the Chest and the new dungeon share some degree of their skins/drops. Nice to not make them all gem exclusive.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Plenty of people yep- lots of bandwidth being used right now (surprise :p) Just quit to desktop, and port in. Overflow is likely :D

Class changes are weak. Metagame hasn't changed at all. Also, lol @ no warrior changes worth mentioning.

Oh, well. I'll just stick to the PvE side (and by PvE side, I am referring exclusively to open-world).

haha looks like Warriors get stronger and everyone else gets weaker
Not really. The only warrior changes are really fixes (harpoon gun shots not being projectile finishers is an obvious oversight), and the only buff is a measly 10% to bow auto attack.

We have a bunch of useless traits and utilities, and only one elite that really sees any use... Wish they would address some of that.

Boogdud

Well, I guess now we know why Jon said "~30 bullet points for Engis"...

What a complete letdown.

Also... "in pvp only". Gave up already have we?

Deitus

Patch Notes said:
-Some items in the chest include: shoulder skins, breathing masks, weapon skins, hats, and minis.
-All items in the chest are new and have never been available before.
-Weapon skins are rare, and the minis are very rare.
-All items can be sold on the Trading Post.
-The Consortium Chest will only be available for a limited time.
-All the items found in the Consortium Chest can also be obtained as rare drops from any creature from the new Lost Shores event.

So the equipment skins, minis, and hats are only going to be available for this weekend, or will they continue to be available in the new areas after the event ends? Because at least we had a week or so to fail to earn the Halloween skins. If these end up being another one time only thing, they are going to be exceedingly expensive on the Trading Post.

Between this and Wintersday next month, I'm beginning to wonder if one time only events with one time only skins and costumes are going to be a semi-monthly occurrence.

Hey guys, my gf and I are thinking of picking this game up today, but she has a few questions which may alter the decision. Hope you guys can help out.

1) She found out about the storage system and how real money is needed to upgrade it. She would like to know if she never decides to expand her storage would it hinder her experience with Guild Wars 2? (She plans to craft).

2) We'd like to play together but read that you can't choose which server to play on. Has any of you had problems meeting up with your buddies / guild members due to getting bounced around servers all the time?

Thanks in advance

Retro

Hey guys, my gf and I are thinking of picking this game up today, but she has a few questions which may alter the decision. Hope you guys can help out.

1) She found out about the storage system and how real money is needed to upgrade it. She would like to know if she never decides to expand her storage would it hinder her experience with Guild Wars 2? (She plans to craft).

2) We'd like to play together but read that you can't choose which server to play on. Has any of you had problems meeting up with your buddies / guild members due to getting bounced around servers all the time?

Thanks in advance

1. You don't need it, but it's useful to have. Since you can buy gems with in-game gold, you don't actually need to spend real money to get them anyways. Crafting wise, everything fits nicely into the Collectables tab, but cooking has a TON of recipes that use previously crafted items, so your bank can fill up quickly doing that profession.

2. You absolutely can choose which server to play on, though sometimes the servers are just full.

Thanks in advance

I've only bought 1 extra bank slot, and I have every crafting profession maxed out. Never felt the need to buy any more.

r4z4

Well, I guess now we know why Jon said "~30 bullet points for Engis"...

What a complete letdown.?

They are completely out of touch, what's the point of placating the playerbase by hinting at bug fixes when they are going to churn out such tame changes, none of which address the major issues with the class.

1. You don't need it, but it's useful to have. Since you can buy gems with in-game gold, you don't actually need to spend real money to get them anyways. Crafting wise, everything fits nicely into the Collectables tab, but cooking has a TON of recipes that use previously crafted items, so your bank can fill up quickly doing that profession.

2. You absolutely can choose which server to play on, though sometimes the servers are just full.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the quick reply. Looks like we'll be picking it up in a few :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Thanks in advance
You don't actually need to spend any money, ever (I never will). I'll explain more once you guys are in-game :p

You can choose, and choose Stormbluff Isle ;)

Rawk Hawk

Thanks in advance
1) There is plenty of craft item space, that's on a different tab completely so it shouldn't be a huge issue, also you can buy the real money items with in game money as well via exchanging gold for gems on the trading post.

2) Once you are on a server you don't get bounced around, might be hard to both get on a specific server, like Stormbluff since it's normally full, but once you are on the same server that shouldn't be an issue again.

Hope that helps!

Does this change anything for lowbies like me? Should this make any class (or all classes) more fun or dynamic in PVE? I don't know enough to truly evaluate this stuff.

Katoki

Mesmer changes are as good as no news for me. The thief ones aren't too significant as they address things I don't use too much either. Crisis averted.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does this change anything for lowbies like me? Should this make any class (or all classes) more fun or dynamic in PVE? I don't know enough to truly evaluate this stuff.
This patch has a ton of stuff in it. The new content for starters will scale you to 80 if you're interested in it over the weeked.

Class changes are all over the place ;)

Holy hell I'm glad they fixed runes of the pack. Curious to see how the nerf to targets hit with healing skills plays out, that has potential to really ruin my build ( https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for.../Guide-Hammer-and-Altruistic-Healing-gameplay ) Less targets getting hit by shouts means less healing done to me, should still be amazing tho. I strongly recommend other guardians look at this build, changed my game up for the better.

Anyone notice if the price of gems is skyrocketing again?

arimanius

Did they buff legendary weapons to ascended weapon level?

If that's the case then engi kits are still 969 and engi got screwed even more.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy hell I'm glad they fixed runes of the pack. Curious to see how the nerf to targets hit with healing skills plays out, that has potential to really ruin my build ( https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for.../Guide-Hammer-and-Altruistic-Healing-gameplay ) Less targets getting hit by shouts means less healing done to me, should still be amazing tho. I strongly recommend other guardians look at this build, changed my game up for the better.

Anyone notice if the price of gems is skyrocketing again?
It is. Interested in some of the new weapon skins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom