• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hythloday

Yeah, I'm not impressed with the "one time event" clusterfuck, but Southsun Cove is gorgeous and the Fractals are fun.

Hopefully in the future they put in more things that people don't have to assemble en masse for at the same time. I like the concept of "this will only happen once and change Tyria forever," but in practice it's just not fun when there's too many people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome event. The new area is mindblowingly beautiful.
Really is. GREAT atmosphere, especially the center and the steam-vent rocks.
yep so we got our ass kicked some Fractals event, didn't manage to find another group for an hour so i left and went to that Cove/beach instead... Beautiful for sure! Sucks that mobs are pretty hard hitting if you're below 80 though and what is there to do there actually besides some DEs? hmm maybe i'm blind and didn't see the obvious dunno.

Also: After this event will this area be 80 ONLY or will we be scaled like we are now?
Scaling's only for this weekend. It's an 80 zone.

There are really good gathering nodes, at least one jumping puzzle, bunch of events, and one would imagine good loot drops.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, where did they say that? What does 'expansion sized' even mean? I'd pay $30 or whatever for a proper expansion but I wasn't expecting anything until mid to late 2013
There is absolutely a large content patch in january and it is free. 100% confirmed. I don't know about "expansion-sized" is all :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is what you'll be saying once you get to the island. Another Orr, except there aren't very many map markers.

Yeah what the hell. What are we supposed to do here? Just kill stuff for no reason? I see people on map chat mentioning some final boss or something that might spawn.

I know it's probably not what most people want, but I really wish they'd flesh out the little minor details to the game. Make the vendors sell a few more 'unique' items between them. To have several vendors right next to each other in one location (like Lion's Arch) selling the exact same things seems a bit... odd (and lazy).

More Mini-Games too, please. Or at least fix the ones you have so you can join as a group/guild (in the same game).

Divvy

Highly confused. There's nothing really happening on this map aside from a few events here or there.

Divvy

The initial event to take it and set up all that waypoints is long over. It's a new permanent level 80 zone now.

Oh goddamn, I was in LA overflow waiting for the event to start. It never did and when I got back to my normal server, I guess it was over.

Goddammit Anet!

nataku

Oh goddamn, I was in LA overflow waiting for the event to start. It never did and when I got back to my normal server, I guess it was over.

Goddammit Anet!

Pretty much. They completely failed to communicate the taking of the island was one time event. Really disappointed in the way this event has flowed, even though I like the content. I hope they work things out better in the future.

Somnia

Pretty much. They completely failed to communicate the taking of the island was one time event. Really disappointed in the way this event has flowed, even though I like the content. I hope they work things out better in the future.

They've said all along yesterday, today and tomorrow were one time events

Proven

Epiphany: when I first played BWE1 as an Ele, the game felt too hard. Playing as an upleveled level 44 Thief in Southshore Cove feels about the same. So either I'm crazy or they originally balanced the lower level zones in such a way so that they'd actually be a challenge for level 80s, and now they're a cakewalk.

KingKong

New zone is super pretty so far. I did one event (your standard 'defend NPC while he plants bombs') and I'm doing the jumping puzzle now. It seems pretty big too, I think I explored maybe half of it

YaVNA.jpg

HCI61.jpg

Xc6Rb.jpg

2OM20.jpg

Levyne

Banned
Got a stomach bug or something as I was exploring the island. Had to turn off for a couple hours and nap that off...gonna go see the rest now

nataku

They've said all along yesterday, today and tomorrow were one time events

They put a general one time weekend event message on their site, which based on past experiences in the game so far, means the LA events. I figured the events in LA were one time, which is why I stuck around and didn't go on the ship despite it showing up out of order, well before the trebuchet in my overflow was ever finished and before the attack on LA ever took place.

They need to properly communicate every step of the way what is and is not one time if they insist on using them so often. And they especially need to make sure events start and end in overflows at the same time since things tend to bug out so often like they are in this event. It just leads to massive confusion on what to do and where to go.

KingKong

jesus, these karka things suck for solo exploration. their ranged attack hurts and cripples. the waypoints seem way too spaced out too, there's 3 right next to each other and then I found one that I couldn't get to at the opposite side of the island

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They put a general one time weekend event message on their site, which based on past experiences in the game so far, means the LA events. I figured the events in LA were one time, which is why I stuck around and didn't go on the ship despite it showing up out of order, well before the trebuchet in my overflow was ever finished and before the attack on LA ever took place.

They need to properly communicate every step of the way what is and is not one time if they insist on using them so often. And they especially need to make sure events start and end in overflows at the same time and things to bug out so often like they are in this event. It just leads to massive confusion on what to do and where to go.
Just so everyone is clear then, the event tomorrow is one time, and in Southsun Cove.

edit: Group events are running again right now! Go if you wanna zerg the zerg

KingKong

Awesome, did the jumping puzzle. It was a lot of fun. Btw, once you get up there, keep going, there's a champion and a chest up there

usea

New zone is super pretty so far. I did one event (your standard 'defend NPC while he plants bombs') and I'm doing the jumping puzzle now. It seems pretty big too, I think I explored maybe half of it
Your settings, they make babies cry. It's like somebody spread vaseline all over the images.

but yeah the whole place is pretty awesome. Especially driftglass springs

KingKong

Your settings, they make babies cry. It's like somebody spread vaseline all over the images.

but yeah the whole place is pretty awesome. Especially driftglass springs

I have everything max, it must be the games printscreen + imgur compression :/

Retro

OK, now you're giving a little more info, instead of vague suggestions (which is akin to PR speak strangely enough).

SO each of those weapons have 1 Ranged ATTACK. Which is terrible.

Whut?

First, "Guardians have Ranged weapons" is not a vague suggestion or PR-speak, it is a verifiable fact. Especially in the original context of being Paladin-like, which have none.

Also, Scepter has two ranged attacks, and the Staff's main attack, while not especially long range (which is why I didn't include it), is still 600, which is a lot further out than melee. Focus being offhand, it only has two attacks period. Besides, most of the Guardian weapons have non-attack skills on them; that's just the nature of the class. Most of them still function at range though.

There may or may not be a secret jumping puzzle on the new Island.

Actually, there's two. One is near Point Lion, the other is the Pearl Islet waypoint. Much easier, that one.

Yeah, where did they say that? What does 'expansion sized' even mean? I'd pay $30 or whatever for a proper expansion but I wasn't expecting anything until mid to late 2013

You guys do know we have ANet employees who talk to us regularly, right?

If that isn't legit enough, I believe either Jon Peters or Colin gave an interview where he mentioned the January push as "Enormous," I believe was the word he used. Either way, there's a large content push for Winter's Day in December, and even if you absolutely positively don't believe me about the size , there's still 'something big' in January.

Epiphany: when I first played BWE1 as an Ele, the game felt too hard. Playing as an upleveled level 44 Thief in Southshore Cove feels about the same. So either I'm crazy or they originally balanced the lower level zones in such a way so that they'd actually be a challenge for level 80s, and now they're a cakewalk.

Southsun Cove is tuned to 80s, when the event ends it will stop sidekicking you up.

No, your server choice is for your entire account.

You can (at some point) guest onto other servers though.

You can Guest for dungeon runs now, however. Not sure if it works for Fractals, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

LOL OOPS.

Bought some T2 cultural armor on my main thinking I could just transfer it to my other character through the bank. OHWAIT - SOULBOUND. WTF?! WTF?! WTF?!?!!?

I cannot even COMPREHEND...

This is...

This is...

THE HEIGHT OF UTTER STUPIDITY.

What is even the point of this?! WHY IS IT SOULBOUND AND NOT ACCOUNT BOUND?! Why even allow my HEAVY ARMOR WEARING character to buy MEDIUM ARMOR that is SOULBOUND ON PURCHASE!?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *frothfrothfroth*

Divvy

LOL OOPS.

Bought some T2 cultural armor on my main thinking I could just transfer it to my other character through the bank. OHWAIT - SOULBOUND. WTF?! WTF?! WTF?!?!!?

This is...

This is...

What is even the point of this?! WHY IS IT SOULBOUND AND NOT ACCOUNT BOUND?! Why even allow my HEAVY ARMOR WEARING character to buy MEDIUM ARMOR that is SOULBOUND ON PURCHASE!?

Yup

Why is ANYTHING soulbound vs account bound? Makes no sense.

The worst are legendaries. So much work for something only one character can ever use.

Fix this shit Anet

Trey

damn. they should just not show the difficulty level, lol. I'm always happy to do even lvl 1 but people are going to be jerks

People will always be jerks/elitist when it comes to linear progression systems and rankings. Always.

Can't fix people with game design, you can only mitigate their undesirable traits.

leng jai

That's alright then. Making them reset every week would make no sense considering it would be a weekly routine of people being behind after the first day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's alright then. Making them reset every week would make no sense considering it would be a weekly routine of people being behind after the first day.
It's per character, so alts can help new players.. see how it shakes out, I suppose

LOL OOPS.

This is...

This is...

Does the transmute trick not work on cultural armor as long as it's the same race?

I know they changed something on cultural armor because people were buying it and giving it to alts that were different races, which basically made the characters completely naked. Was in the patch notes about a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom