• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

Tried the underground facility fractal and it's as big of a turd as half of the other late-game content. Spent 2 hours trying to finish the final boss while a single misstep allowed him to fully heal. For every good thing about this game there are 5 shit things. What a waste of my time.

Levyne

Banned
Tried the underground facility fractal and it's as big of a turd as half of the other late-game content. Spent 2 hours trying to finish the final boss while a single misstep allowed him to fully heal. For every good thing about this game there are 5 shit things. What a waste of my time.

I've had awesome groups on that boss. I would run the switches keeping my pet up with me to kite the 1 of the 2 vets (sometimes both) to keep pressure off the 4 guys below.

KuroNeeko

Thanks to Dragula, I managed to get in on the event. Funny thing is that I never got to go to his Overflow server, but it ended up running on the server I was transferred to.

I didn't get to play long. I like the atmosphere of the place and the enemies themselves are pretty neat. I got to secure two siege points - just me on my Necro and another Ranger. We tried taking out the Karka Champion but it proved to hard for us and I had to log off for work. Good thing the world wasn't relying on Lady Night Fingers that day. I will get my revenge!!

A few notes. I wasn't quite sure what to do as a Necro in a small group. I usually run Dagger / Horn, but melee was an act of suicide. I learned how to appreciate targetable wells, that's for sure. Just leads me to the question of what a necro should be doing in group play. I settled for dropping marks with my staff, and getting close enough to lay out some wells and life transfer with Death Shroud, but it didn't seem like enough. Are necros supposed to be all about laying conditions on enemies? Hmm, I must be doing something wrong. Great survivability though. They feel like a janky class, but I like them with their emo disfunctionality. I'll probably keep leveling Lady just because I like how she's turning out as a character. She's feisty, dark, and strong. "Every rose has its thorns. Here are mine!"

Looked like a fun event. I know some people are saying it's too long and it may be, but I kind of liked that. Really felt like something "epic" was happening. Bummed I didn't get to finish it or partake in the event reward frenzy, but the memory of taking down those two Karka Veterans in an effort to seize those siege points is just one more piece of MMO gold for me.

Can't wait for some good, winter / Celtic style gear next month!

Lunar15

Dumbest thing ever: I saw two white golems down at the bottom of Rata Sum that seemed impossible to get to, but I tried anyway. After at least an hour of trying, (and switching my traits in order to take 50% less falling damage) I made it. Totally useless, but for some reason I feel soooooo gooooood. Like beating a jumping puzzle they never intended to be beaten. (except without rewards)

iiRT4qeyZ3xzZ.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've had awesome groups on that boss. I would run the switches keeping my pet up with me to kite the 1 of the 2 vets (sometimes both) to keep pressure off the 4 guys below.

I've done levers the past two times (ice once and mech the other). If you have a good group, that fight rocks.

Also, agony is a pretty baller mechanic. Definitely makes the fights more interesting.

KuroNeeko

Hey Khold (or any other rangers out there),

I see a lot of people complaining about rangers in that they just auto-attack and then go AFK. Do you find yourself actively using a lot of your skills or is a lot of it auto-attacking?

Same with us.

Someone said that knock backs gave him stacks of protection or something. we suspected that one of us in the group had a trait with a chance of knockdown or something.

what I don't get is this - why does the boss have to be 100% under the furnace?? its a lubriciously tight hole for one to hit, and on top of that it doesn't do nearly any damage. That encounter sucks mate!

Levyne

Banned
Hey Khold (or any other rangers out there),

I see a lot of people complaining about rangers in that they just auto-attack and then go AFK. Do you find yourself actively using a lot of your skills or is a lot of it auto-attacking?

I think I use pets more than some other rangers. I have beastmastery fully traited and a lot of my combat strategy involves whether I have my pet target a second enemy or share my target while timing signet activations and pet swaps to manage buffs. But, yeah, using a shortbow can be a lot of auto attack if theres only one target. I don't often go melee because the pets I like to use are and it's nice to watch my pets kite (and actually freeze condition ;) ) the enemies before they can get to me.

Rangers in general seem more utiltarian and could probably use a buffing but I'm not really concerned.

CrimsonN0

Finally managed to get into an overflow with the event going on.
On the demolitions part in the hive, we wiped once completely and the second time one guy survived and managed to resurrect us all one by one.
We finally reached the top ...
and then everyone crashed out of the game.

Morokh

Event could have been really good ...

without culling ...

without lag for some people ....

without TWO ! long BORING reinforcement phases ....

It was as bad as having more than half the people present in the area afk just after the second reinforcement phase kicked in, which made the event EVEN LONGER >:[

Thank god the rewards were something actually worth something, but seriously NEVER AGAIN ! like that !

The event itself was nice, but once again, the pacing was HORRIBLE, HALF of the FIRST reinforcement wave would have been enough with all the other steps of the fight.

My client gave me an error message right as we were blowing up gas nodes to drive it back to the nest, I managed to stay in-game until the end, but got disconnected when heading back to LA, and could not come back.

_woLf

So I got called into work. Missed the one-time-event because of it. I missed out on a ton of cool items and the chance for precursors because Arenanet can't fucking comprehend that one-time-only events are the most awful idea for an MMO EVER.

Fuck that shit. I mad.

Katoki

Best part about today is me discovering a weapon skin that I had not previously known about. Besides that, I sat through about four hours of what felt like a raid because I did one event from the start and then another that was somewhere over a third of the way in.

zon

Can you still head down to Southsun Cove? I want to look for the jumping puzzles.

The area is permanent, it will not disappear. It was only the large event that was a one time thing.

edit: The torch precursor that I bought for 9g yesterday is back up to 25g already! :D

Proven

I was going to put a huge rant post against the people ranting on here, on reddit, and on the official forums, but since it happened 2 pages ago on GAF, maybe it'll get buried.

But basically, I do see entitlement. Everything you do in this game gets you slowly closer towards your goals. You do not have to farm Orr unless you feel like you need something RIGHT NOW. You don't need to play the Trading Post for profit margins unless you need something RIGHT NOW. There's no reason grind for anything unless you physically need to have it RIGHT NOW.

It's a game. It's not a race. People getting ahead of you is not something to get angry or hold a grudge about.

And finally, something people forget: The reason much of this stuff happens during US Pacific is because that's where the devs live. That's the best time for them to show up in the game, watch this stuff go live, and have their boots on the ground in case something goes horrifically wrong.

But anyway, chances are after this that we're going to see one-time events go the way of the dodo after Wintersday. Either that, or the rewards will go back to being practically shit and most people will skip them unless they're compulsive achievement collectors.

I must say, it was pretty funny how their own design of overflow shards made the event repeatable. Up until the patch a few hours ago. The one-time event was technically a 10 hour event because of it.

Durante

I feel like this is the biggest problem in the genre nowadays. People don't want to be surprised - and, yeah, I'm not targeting anyone from GAF when I say this either. They don't care about the experience. They just want to know absolutely everything. They just want to micromanage their time to maximize gold and loot - and when they can't do something anymore, they launch crusades against the developers like the owe them stuff.

I call it the Wowhead effect.

Personally, I play MMOs for the discovery aspect. I love these unique, one-time events. I love being surprised by the world. And that's why the fact that World of Warcraft is so predictable and "fair" nowadays made me quit it.
I completely agree with this.

Are you talking about the ice golem? Because then I completely disagree with this. Our group got there without knowing anything, figured out how to beat it, almost wiped, were revived by a single survivor, and then beat it with only 4 party members (one left).

I've been out of MMOs for many years, and I think now I know the reason. I like exactly these things (discovery, novelty, figuring stuff out and things that require real group coordination such as that boss fight). In other MMOs -- if there is any such content at all -- you need to grind for weeks to reach it. In GW2 I could join in despite only starting to play the game 3 days ago. And if a minor lack of polish is what it takes to have such content, then I'm more than willing to make that concession.

leng jai

My main gripe is why the rewards are so good for an event that a large portion of the player base can't access. The RNG itself I don't have a problem with to an extent. One time events are fine but to slap up ludicrously valuable rewards for them doesn't make sense to me.

jersoc

the rewards were shit if you didnt get a precursor you wanted. the 20 slot bag is nice, sure, but it wasn't 2 hours of boredom nice. i just sold what i could and de'd the rest.

the event itself wasn't really all that fun. culling is breakin this game more and more as time goes on and the last word we had on that was weeks ago. the reinforcements were boring as you had to kill the same mobs twice over. i just watched giantbomb stream and hit 1 every so often. at that that point i was time committed.

honestly, you didn't miss shit. these zergs are getting boring. i though that hunger game type they had proved they can do more, but oh well. guess that requires more thought.

the island is nice to look at, but it seems to be lacking in way of content. it's easy ass oric though, so that's good. hopefully they add more events because i hate orr with a passion.

First the player-base had the Halloween event and the rewards were "too few".
Then they had the Southsun Cove event and the rewards were "too much".

I was mostly grumpy during the event about the bugs that meant that I didn't see the cut-scene at the end (somehow I died through the lava about half-way in and couldn't get out so I had to rez back at Owain's Retreat and leg it back). I did get back in time to loot the chest which gave me...

... some exotics, a 20 slot bag and some other bits and bobs.

I'm fine with that - gear-wise it's better than I got out of the Halloween event. I'm not 80 (59 atm) so it's not like I was expecting a precursor or anything - those were literally my first exotic drops, so for me pretty sweet.

The only thing I'm sore about really is that unlike the last event I didn't get anything unique looking for any of my characters to show I was there. The least they could have done was throw in another unique looking back piece, or the social mask or something for completing the scavenger hunt.

One other tiny, tiny thing. "Owain" is a real name. A BOY'S NAME.

Proven

First the player-base had the Halloween event and the rewards were "too few".
Then they had the Southsun Cove event and the rewards were "too much".

I was mostly grumpy during the event about the bugs that meant that I didn't see the cut-scene at the end (somehow I died through the lava about half-way in and couldn't get out so I had to rez back at Owain's Retreat and leg it back). I did get back in time to loot the chest which gave me...

... some exotics, a 20 slot bag and some other bits and bobs.

I'm fine with that - gear-wise it's better than I got out of the Halloween event. I'm not 80 (59 atm) so it's not like I was expecting a precursor or anything - those were literally my first exotic drops, so for me pretty sweet.

The only thing I'm sore about really is that unlike the last event I didn't get anything unique looking for any of my characters to show I was there. The least they could have done was throw in another unique looking back piece, or the social mask or something for completing the scavenger hunt.

One other tiny, tiny thing. "Owain" is a real name. A BOY'S NAME.

A) It's a Sylvari.

B) I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the world at some point ages ago, Owain was used for girls too. Don't quote me on this though.

the rewards were shit if you didnt get a precursor you wanted. the 20 slot bag is nice, sure, but it wasn't 2 hours of boredom nice. i just sold what i could and de'd the rest.

the event itself wasn't really all that fun. culling is breakin this game more and more as time goes on and the last word we had on that was weeks ago. the reinforcements were boring as you had to kill the same mobs twice over. i just watched giantbomb stream and hit 1 every so often. at that that point i was time committed.

honestly, you didn't miss shit. these zergs are getting boring. i though that hunger game type they had proved they can do more, but oh well. guess that requires more thought.

the island is nice to look at, but it seems to be lacking in way of content. it's easy ass oric though, so that's good. hopefully they add more events because i hate orr with a passion.

The actual last word on culling came from the recent balance patch last Thursday. They have some sort of fix for it, and they implemented it in sPvP for more testing. Once they're more sure of it, they'll be rolling it out to PvE/WvW.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
E: Nevermind. Given the insane entitlement issues going on all over the internet based on this event, I'm just going to enjoy what I received from the event and continue enjoying the game.

Enosh

well had some 6.5 levels of playtime in that trial (stupid for not looking up that it is tied to this event -.-)

was quite fun, still not a fan of the heart system for quest instead of well having quest
also not going with a resource system was a big mistake imo, I rather enjoy the juggling of resources in other MMOs
also felt too often as I am just waiting for abilities to come off CD so I can do something other than the 1 skill, might be fixed once I get the weapon swap thingy, idk

hate the UI, after so many years of looking at a horizontal HP bar this globe thingy is just ugh and then they put the enemy hp bar all the way up on the other side of the screen -.-

on the plus side really liked the guardian gameplay once I got a greatsword and 2h mace and the character models are great (made a human female ^^)

might buy for Christmas if the price goes a bit further down

Probably the funniest thing about the event on sunday was that you didn't even NEED to participate in the event itself. You just needed to be there for opening the chest at the end to get the exotics/20 slot bag/etc.

No precursors, but getting 30g worth of bags is pretty good in my book.

was quite fun, still not a fan of the heart system for quest instead of well having quest
also not going with a resource system was a big mistake imo, I rather enjoy the juggling of resources in other MMOs
Hearts save time, and talking to the scouts nearby will give you all the background on what you're actually accomplishing by doing stuff for the heart quests. All in all, it's a much more streamlined system that lets you progress with a lot more flexibility.

GW2's "resource" system exists, it's just different depending on which class you pick. Most classes use cooldowns and endurance as the resource. Thieves get a more traditional resource that acts like a mana for their weapon skills (no actual cooldown, you use up initiative instead).

also felt too often as I am just waiting for abilities to come off CD so I can do something other than the 1 skill, might be fixed once I get the weapon swap thingy, idk
Guardians tend to be pretty slow, and you didn't get enough levels to pick up more than one utility slot. You were also playing in a low level area where there isn't a lot you need to actually pay attention to. Having 10 skills and mobs that you need to keep an eye makes the game much more fast paced.
hate the UI, after so many years of looking at a horizontal HP bar this globe thingy is just ugh and then they put the enemy hp bar all the way up on the other side of the screen -.-
Matter of taste, I suppose. I find the UI quite comprehensible.

Retro

on the plus side really liked the guardian gameplay once I got a greatsword and 2h mace and the character models are great (made a human female ^^)

might buy for Christmas if the price goes a bit further down

- The hearts are just there to lure you out into the world, it's the events that are meant to fill in for questing. Unfortunately, there aren't as many in the early portions of the game as there are later, so that's likely lost on most new players. You did everything right though, they just need to add more events or reset them faster early on.

- Yes, weapon swapping alleviates the wait for cooldowns, as do utility skills. If you still want energy to juggle, Thieves use an Initiative system and are quite fun.

- Yeah, I'm hoping eventually they'll allow for more UI options. I'd make the argument that the orb is easier to see with your peripheral vision when you're watching the action, but having horizontal bars never bothered me. You get used to it.

- Guardian with a Hammer is one of the most satisfying things in the game. Banish feels perfect.

Oh my lord...The salt on the official forums is blowing my sodium levels off the charts.

It was pretty bad in here for a few pages too, but nothing compared to what the official forums and guru are like right now.

It was pretty bad in here for a few pages too, but nothing compared to what the official forums and guru are like right now.
Par for the course, tbh. I'd be surprised if it wasn't this bad.

GW1 whining was similarly terrible and it did bad things to the game. Devs listened and it became less fun, more grindy.

You should have expected as much.

Really, people expect fairness everywhere. It's the reason PvP forums are so full of balance concerns pretty much all the time, in any game. How is this in any way surprising, and why should it ever not be expected?

This isn't RL. It's a video game. Fairness and balance is a thing that can be achieved. I don't see any reason for players to not speak up when they feel slighted.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
- Guardian with a Hammer is one of the most satisfying things in the game. Banish feels perfect.

Altruistic Healing is why I'm considering my next exotic (after Greatsword...) to be a Hammer.

And yeah, it seems to have calmed down a bit here. I'm trying to stay out of it. I'm probably biased since I got a pretty fantastic drop, but RNG is what it is.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Halloween was fine till they started nerfing everything, like the scanner thing where u could scan certain places and get treat bags like seriously wtf is that

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Saturday night: Gets a Tooth of Frostfang.

Sunday afternoon: Everyone else gets Tooth of Frostfang.

Should have sold it for 175gold the night before. I actually raged quit when the event ended and the price plummeted haha

Retro

E: Nope. I promised myself to stay out of salty discussions.

Heh, saw your original response and thought the exact same thing. As to your edit... you and me both, man. I'd post my thoughts on the event, but apparently expressing an opinion or sharing some knowledge is "PR speak" in these parts.

Never change, GAF.

Oh wait, that's right. Please do.

Saturday night: Gets a Tooth of Frostfang.

Sunday afternoon: Everyone else gets Tooth of Frostfang.

Should have sold it for 175gold the night before. I actually raged quit when the event ended and the price plummeted haha

Hey, to be fair, you pulled a precursor out of Kholer's Chest in a Ghost Eater run. There were Gods smiling on you with that one... they just happen to have been the Greek kind that give you an Awesome Bull, only to expect you to turn around and offer it as sacrifice. When you choose to ignore their subtle hints, is it any surprise your wife ends up getting plowed by said bull while wearing a ridiculous wooden cow costume? Anyways, that was an epic moment that will live in the history of our small little dungeon group and eventually the prices will bounce back... but probably not as high as before.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Heh, saw your original response and thought the exact same thing. As to your edit... you and me both, man. I'd post my thoughts on the event, but apparently expressing an opinion or sharing some knowledge is "PR speak" in these parts.

Never change, GAF.

Oh wait, that's right. Please do.

E: Agreed.

Wow. Grow up and accept constructive criticism, taking things to heart here Retro.

Tempted to go full Virtues on the Guardian. Sit there with my spirit weapons, spinning around on my staff.

Rawk Hawk

Altruistic Healing is why I'm considering my next exotic (after Greatsword...) to be a Hammer.

And yeah, it seems to have calmed down a bit here. I'm trying to stay out of it. I'm probably biased since I got a pretty fantastic drop, but RNG is what it is.

I love my hammer build, it takes a couple fights to get use to the slow swing, but at this point I land most hits even when running around. AH is amazing, I roll Hammer/Staff usually and can keep myself fairly healed in most situations. When in groups the Staff #4 self heals so much thanks to AH, while passing out 12 stacks of might to allies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow. Grow up and accept constructive criticism, taking things to heart here Retro.

Tempted to go full Virtues on the Guardian. Sit there with my spirit weapons, spinning around on my staff.

Well, he's kind of right. Anytime one of us posts something positive about the game, people attack it with all the negatives that they perceive. It's one thing to be constructive in the comments, but it's another to be salty.

Regarding Virtues on Guardian, I'm running Staff + Scepter/Focus and it's SUPERB. Staff for support, Scepter/Focus for damage. There's a pretty nasty combo you can pull off with the focus...Signet of Judgement, Virtue of Justice, Purging Flames, Hallowed Ground, Focus 5, Scepter 3, Scepter 2. I open most fights with this and do some mad damage. If I'm not rocking Hallowed Ground, I skip that step (usually roll with Reflection, Smite Condition, Retreat, or some other Shout). But the rest. <3

I loooove Guardian.

Retro

Well, he's kind of right. Anytime one of us posts something positive about the game, people attack it with all the negatives that they perceive. It's one thing to be constructive in the comments, but it's another to be salty.

Don't you know a glass half-full of the hype Kool-aid is still considered overflowing?

Is that not because the majority of post from some posters are just all the positives and seemingly ignore all the flaws and issues within the game too? I have nothing against people enjoying the game (but there are posters - and Retro is one - where I take what they say with a pinch of salt), I'm enjoying the game, but at the same time I'm aware there are things I do not like (and believe could be improved).

The 1 time event was good (when it worked), but I don't believe it was PRACTICALLY considered or well prepared for. GW2's own shard system made it a little awkward to flow and enjoy the events, as sometimes you'd get stuck in a shard where nothing had triggered, and wouldn't trigger. This would leave you wondering if you should jump out and see if you could luck into a shard where something had triggered (and hopefully hadn't missed too much of the story).

The loot issues doesn't bother me too much (perhaps because I got some), but I can see why it might bother others. For whatever reason circumstances might have meant they couldn't log in at specific times this weekend, and because of that missed out on loot (that they probably didn't realise was available). It was also clear that you didn't have to bother with the Friday Night and the Saturday Night event and could have just jumped into the Sunday night one to get exactly the same loot as someone who trawled through the lag of Friday, sat through the none eventual Saturday night. Sure this was all highlighted in the pre-build up blog posts, and is great for casually accessibility, but it doesn't really 'reward' those who spent the time following it from zero hour any more than those who just sat back and jumped in 11th hour with all their alts to grab as much loot as possible. Perhaps.

I hope there are more 1 time events. I hope Anet have gained enough network data to ensure lag isn't an issue, and that shard management is better (perhaps 'tags' could be placed on players to datamark them to certain points within the event chains so they don't get stuck in a shard hours a head or behind where they last were?).

The only real gripe I have is... DAMN YOU THIEFS!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
My major gripe for the event was for why all the mobs on Southsun had such a miserable drop rate. At first I thought the veteran Karkas just didn't have a drop table at all, but I did wind up getting a shell and some pants later so I guess their drop rate is just shitty.

If I have to kill hundreds of mobs for this event, it would have been nice to have them actually drop stuff.

Retro

My major gripe for the event was for why all the mobs on Southsun had such a miserable drop rate. At first I thought the veteran Karkas just didn't have a drop tablet at all, but I did wind up getting a shell and some pants later so I guess their drop rate is just shitty.

If I have to kill hundreds of mobs for this event, it would have been nice to have them actually drop stuff.

If I recall correctly, it has something to do with the huge number of players damaging the mob. It screws up their tagging system or something. I would guess that when you got the shell and pants later the crowd had thinned out a bit, yes?

The reward at the end of the event probably made up for it, but I know how it feels to be fighting along incurring repair costs with nothing to show for it.

Yeah, that as well, but then the whole loot on mobs things is just bizarre anyway. I like that (for the most part) it sort of makes sense what mobs drop - creatures drop food related items, peoples drop their pants.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is that not because the majority of post from some reasons are just all the positives and seemingly ignore all the flaws and issues within the game too? I have nothing against people enjoying the game (but there are posters - and Retro is one - where I take what they say with a pinch of salt), I'm enjoying, but at the same time I'm aware there are things I do not like (and believe could be improved).

The 1 time event was good (when it worked), but I don't believe it was PRACTICALLY considered or well prepared for. GW2's own shard system made it a little awkward to flow and enjoy the events, as sometimes you'd get stuck in a shard where nothing had triggered, and wouldn't trigger. This would leave you wondering if you should jump out and see if you could luck into a shard where something had triggered (and hopefully hadn't missed too much of the story).

The loot issues doesn't bother me too much (perhaps because I got some), but I can see why it might bother others. For whatever reason circumstances might have meant they couldn't log in at specific times this weekend, and because of that missed out on loot (that they probably didn't realise was available). It was also clear that you didn't have to bother with the Friday Night and the Saturday Night event and could have just jumped into the Sunday night one to get exactly the same loot as someone who trawled through the lag of Friday, sat through the none eventual Saturday night. Sure this was all highlighted in the pre-build up blog posts, and is great for casually accessibility, but it doesn't really 'reward' those who spent the time following it from zero hour any more than those who just sat back and jumped in 11th hour with all their alts to grab as much loot as possible. Perhaps.

I hope there are more 1 time events. I hope Anet have gained enough network data to ensure lag isn't an issue, and that shard management is better (perhaps 'tags' could be placed on players to datamark them to certain points within the event chains so they don't get stuck in a shard hours a head or behind where they last were?).

The only real gripe I have is... DAMN YOU THIEFS!

Point 1 - I think we all agree 100% here.

Point 2 - They stated (I think informally) that the main buildup of events for Saturday was dropped because the time allotted wasn't enough to complete it (someone correct me on this or elaborate if possible?). I would have joined up as well, but I was more interested in fractals. As it turns out, it was probably for the better. I do genuinely feel bad for those who invested time into that dead-end event though. It sucks, but hopefully (leading into point 3...)...

Point 3 - Anet definitely learns from these. GW1 was one thing, but GW2 is an entirely different animal. Yes, framework/infrastructure/blah blah blah. The population and overall mentality has changed since GW1, though. Some similarities do exist, but Anet is really breaking new ground with their approach (since GW1). This game will always be improving (which is where your Point 1 is absolutely spot on), and unless people can come to terms with that, there will ALWAYS be disappointment to be had.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
If I recall correctly, it has something to do with the huge number of players damaging the mob. It screws up their tagging system or something. I would guess that when you got the shell and pants later the crowd had thinned out a bit, yes?

The reward at the end of the event probably made up for it, but I know how it feels to be fighting along incurring repair costs with nothing to show for it.

No, it didn't really thin out. It was towards the end of the event chain. Even when my party were killing them individually on the map, they never dropped anything so I don't think it's a tagging issue.

Point 1 - I think we all agree 100% here.

Point 2 - They stated (I think informally) that the main buildup of events for Saturday was dropped because the time allotted wasn't enough to complete it (someone correct me on this or elaborate if possible?). I would have joined up as well, but I was more interested in fractals. As it turns out, it was probably for the better. I do genuinely feel bad for those who invested time into that dead-end event though. It sucks, but hopefully (leading into point 3...)...

Point 3 - Anet definitely learns from these. GW1 was one thing, but GW2 is an entirely different animal. Yes, framework/infrastructure/blah blah blah. The population and overall mentality has changed since GW1, though. Some similarities do exist, but Anet is really breaking new ground with their approach (since GW1). This game will always be improving (which is where your Point 1 is absolutely spot on), and unless people can come to terms with that, there will ALWAYS be disappointment to be had.

Please, tell me how they're breaking new ground with their approach.

Giard

For those complaining that the event should've been accessible to everyone...

Considering it's a one-time event, don't you think Sunday afternoon (EST) was probably one of the best times they could have chosen? Of course, not everyone could be there, but that's to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom