• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the discrepancy between most of the lodestone and corresponding core prices, I've been spending a lot of skill points buying up crystals to make some decent money. My main is actually down to 11 points, but it's worth the 10 or so gold I've made in the past few days.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Due to the discrepancy between most of the lodestone and corresponding core prices, I've been spending a lot of skill points buying up crystals to make some decent money. My main is actually down to 11 points, but it's worth the 10 or so gold I've made in the past few days.
As I understand it, Glacial cores are the only ones that it's not straight profit to make into Lodestones (assuming you have only the cores and no other components at the start).

Sometimes I like pressing the walk button and just walking along the paths of the world. Sometimes I'll stop and hit things with my hammer, or steal all the natural resources of the world, but nothing beats just walking.

Guild Wars 2: Kung Fu - The Legend Continues

Rawk Hawk

You may want to make sure that XP Boosters work on the reward XP at the end of the dungeon.

I was just going to ask that, has anyone tried it before? Dungeon reward is 70% of your current level iirc, if you had a xp boost on through the dungeon you could get 2+ levels in about 30-45 minutes.. that would be awesome if it worked.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was just going to ask that, has anyone tried it before? Dungeon reward is 70% of your current level iirc, if you had a xp boost on through the dungeon you could get 2+ levels in about 30-45 minutes.. that would be awesome if it worked.

Skill point grinding!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hell yea, and with a good group you could complete two paths within the boost.. I'm really curious now if the booster works on reward xp lol.

Edit: Or, pop it at the end and get 3 path bonus xp in one boost... oh man..

I was really excited until I read...

I don't think it would. It specifically says exp gain on kills.

Boo. I'm sure someone on Reddit has tried this. Time to research!

E: No direct source, but people have stated it working only on mobs. Meeeeh

arimanius

Finally got to run AsCat story mode with my Engineer last night. It was her first dungeon experience, my second time doing that run, and my first time actually leading a group.

It ended up being me and four chinese doods, only one of them speaking english, going through the whole thing. Guy says, I don think this one speak Chinese? "Sorry, only English and Japanese..." (awkward) (THANKS GAF! RUN WITH THE LITTLE GUYS SOME TIME!)

About 90 minutes or so later, my battered, bloody Engineer crawled out of those Catacombs with a shiny, bad ass swashbuckler hat in her iron grip. Seriously, we wiped constantly. It was bloody, messy, and chaotic.

But we did it.

No one dropped. No one complained. We adjusted our tactics with each fight and learned a lot. It was a shit load of fun.

I had the pleasure to run a group of three fractals with GAF over the weekend. The group leader was efficient and knowledgeable. He'd stop and fill everyone in on what they needed to do before we did it and we got through without too much of a hassle. It was a lot of fun, too.

So while there is a lot to be said for running in guild groups, last night I think I preferred the learn-as-you-go approach. It made us better players and I really felt like I'd accomplished something. It took us about 5 tries to finally take down those Lovers but when we did, I had to scream YESSSSSSSS! (in party chat) and watch the screen fill up with chinese characters as they like-wise screamed in what I imagined to be the all-caps equivalent of chinese characters.

Having said that, my Engineer died A LOT. I was running Rifle, Healing Turret, and Elixir Gun. I alternated my other utility skills between Rocket Turret, Grenade Kit, Elixir C, and Prayer to Kormir (goddamn Rangers / Necromancers!!!)

The Engineer experience wasn't as fun as I'd expected. I don't know, maybe I was expecting the Elixir Gun to make me this awesome healing / kiting machine but I just couldn't keep my teammates up or they'd often run out of the Elixir Gun 5 AoE heal.

Once an enemy got on me, it was hard to shake them off even with permanent swiftness. I thought my conditions with Bleed on Crit, Elixir C, Elixir Gun, Grenade Kit would have a bigger effect on battles but they didn't.

I left the dungeon thinking that I'd finally managed to eliminate one of my characters from lists of candidates for my main... until I tried on my AsCat hat! Maybe I'll go back and try some other builds or just something. I felt more useful, but a SHIT load more squishy than my Mesmer and Necromancer.

Wow, sounds like you're having a blast;D Engineer is probably why I have a hard time going back to Necro. I like the Necro in groups, by after 32 levels of hyperactive, Engineer play - it's hard to go back. Mesmer has complexity but I haven't found a build I like yet.

I have yet to do any dungeons but you sure aren't making it sound like fun for my engi. lol

I think part of the problem is there are so many things that need to be fixed and tweaked with the engi that you'll feel underwhelmed if you've played other classes to high level.

Once they get those things sorted out I think they will be a solid all around class that should be a blast in dungeons and pvp. We'll see if they ever get sorted out.

I completely agree with you about the hyperactive play. Mine is Mesmer is 66 and my Engi is 61 and I have a hard time going back and playing the mesmer after the engi. The Mesmer is just not as active as the engi class.

Vossler

Out early here too, and will be on in round about an hour....Thief LEVELING COMMENCE!!!! Also, I would be down for some fractals level 4....

Retro

Black Lion Trading Company Black Friday Weekend Sales!
The Black Lion Trading Company is celebrating the biggest shopping day of the year with a Black Friday sale of their own.

This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, be sure to check out the Gem Store for limited-time discounts on some of your favorite items. Each day three different items will be discounted up to 70% off! But don’t wait, because each sale only lasts 24 hours.

You’ll have to log into the game and open the Gem Store (default key is “O”) to find out exactly which items are on sale each day. Happy shopping!

(Source)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I hope Character inventory slots are up for sale (such bull that you have to pay for each character though)

And I could always use more bank slots.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oooh, nomnoms! I love that stuff like this benefits players who don't want to spend money too. Wonder if they'll put bank slots on sale.

Damnit - I will NEED to commandeer my brother's computer at least once a day. Make sure to keep this thread updated if possible! If bank or bag slots go on sale, money will be spent!!

jersoc

gem prices are worst i've seen too. 1g=69, it was 79 yesterday. this is nuts.

depending if there's anything on sale i want(bank, maybe a char slot) i'll probably buy some gems.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gem prices can actually vary by more than that (the 10 between 79 and 69) just during the course of the day. Check back at other times just in case.

demented

Just give me character slots and I'll be happy, don't really need anything else, skins maybe but idk.

In before it's boosts and tonics lol

jersoc

What's not worth it? Er.. not worth what? :p

I'll pay 4g for a bag slot or 6 for a bank slot no problem at all.

well by the time i get that, i could just buy it for less of my time. plus i need to save for when the gods smile upon me and bestow a dusk. plus i got that shit for almost nothing way back when. 2g for a bank slot, yes please. 6? not so much.

i haven't been keeping up with dyes. last time i saw a few weeks ago they were 5s. almost 9 now. that's nuts. i wish i bought a shit ton at launch when they were dirt cheap and sat on them. oh well. who knew they would increase by 10x.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Definitely worth quoting
Here’s a general rundown of what we are working towards over the upcoming months:

Revamping all of our existing dungeons (Story and Explorable versions) through rebalance and overhauled encounters.
Adding new dungeons to the Fractal of the Mists.

Adding more variation to creatures, enhancing our open world scaling system, as well as evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.
Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game, and better tying it into the overall sense of player progression within Guild Wars 2.
Building on the Southsun Cove’s persistent content.
Adding new Guild content and Guild progression features.
Continuing to evolve PvP into an E-sport as outlined here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/
Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.
Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2.
orgasms of varying intensity at the bolded

Retro

Totally avoids the Ascended gear issue.

I'm still not convinced there even is an Ascended gear "issue".

I mean, to give context, it was just 1 guy I've met out of countless others, that couldn't wait 2 minutes to get the last person we needed for a dungeon.

What makes you think he has ADD? Maybe he was just an asshole? I mean, I'm no doctor (just a Professor), given the MMO community's behavior sometime, I think that's the much more likely diagnosis.

Orgasms of varying intensity at the bolded

Very good things overall.

Side note: we did AC last night and discovered a triggered event encounter we had walked by at least two dozen times and gave us an extra 5 silver. The amount of stuff just sitting, waiting to be discovered, is amazing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Some of you know what this for...

12AEE70B-17D0-4E16-B215-6A7F62B34C3B-20345-00000A8891482708.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom