• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I remember early on when I forced ambient occulsion in the control panel, certain areas would have weird issues where the ground would become semi transparent. I've had it disabled since.

Vossler

I had the same issue with AO (670 gtx here) and am hoping this update doesn't make the ground disappear.....Jade Maw would drive me crazy at times, so I turned it off. Will find out tonight!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I am kind of getting hooked back on this game.

I never really had any issues with the game, for some reason by time it came out I just didn't want to play. Now it seems I finally do.

Feeling the same way. I didn't feel that "hooked' on the game when I got it back on launch, that and my account getting hacked kind of soured me on the game. These past few weeks though, I've been completely hooked on the game, and can't wait to play the game every day :) definitely my GOTY 2012 at this point! although I feel there's still a lot of room for improvement. Hope the jan/feb updates are excellent in that regard.

Luigi87

We've been accumulating guild influence in Borlis Pass that is separate from the ones you've been raising in SBI and it's just sitting there unused.

I've technically been doing the same over on JQ.
...Which I didn't even realize (as I did not know influence was per server) until yesterday when my friend pointed it out to me, lol

jersoc

Agreed. Why they made us use lame abilities is beyond me, all you need to do is spam catapults and snowmen and then just upgrade them and you surround the center with the defenses and you win. It takes so long and then in the end all you get is 8 presents in total I think, it's pretty shitty.

wow, that's what it is? blah. i don't want tower defense.

also, i wonder what the 200 cogs are for. other than to destroy on jan 4th i guess.

Morokh

New computer is up and running, now I just have to Dl and install the game again, and get to play it again in all it's glory ! :D

Abandond

250, not 200. It's a weird amount to give.

Yeah man, it's auto matching, no way can any groups get in to do it organized wise. It's pretty lame.

Oh, yeah, I just meant in general.

I assume that you'll be able to get more cogs from the daily tixx dungeon reward or something.

nataku

250, not 200. It's a weird amount to give.

The 200 cogs are probably for those who had the DR bug in the dungeon earlier. They gave just enough to make up for what was missed, but not enough for people who didn't get the bug to get another mini, which would have left those who got the bug out again.

The cogs are useless for those of us who never got the bug. I'll be keeping them in my bank just in case, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xfliD6QGQ&t=36m5s
Saw this link at reddit.

Ashodin said:
Yeah man, it's auto matching, no way can any groups get in to do it organized wise. It's pretty lame.

Yeah. I haven't done it yet, but I really wish they gave us the option of a random PUG or a pre-made group for these things.

So since I haven't kept up to date on the game is there anything I should know while leveling that may have changed? Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Vossler

Haven't done any Tixx events, but for each dungeon do you receive 250 wads and 250 glue? or is it a one time deal like 250 wads from the chest in one, 250 glue from the chest in the other, etc?

Haven't done any Tixx events, but for each dungeon do you receive 250 wads and 250 glue? or is it a one time deal like 250 wads from the chest in one, 250 glue from the chest in the other, etc?

You have a choice of either per day originally, it might be the same now that Tixx has settled in LA.

Levyne

Banned

You get to pick between a stack of either each time.

So since I haven't kept up to date on the game is there anything I should know while leveling that may have changed? Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Um. Not off the top of my head.

On the issue of not being able to join as a group...

Official response:

Like Snowball Mayhem and the Bell Choior, the Toypocalypse is an activity. They are using the same systems, and these systems do not permit joining by party. Unfortunately due to technical limitations and time constraints before the holidays, we cannot change it. We understand that this is not ideal for people who wish to play in the same party and who are finding it difficult in random groups. We will be adjusting the “Toypocalypse Cancelled” achievement so that you will need to keep only one gift dolyak alive. We do not have an ETA on when this change will be live. Thank you for your feedback. We have been listening, and we will take your comments on board for future game updates.

Link: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...ypse-Can-t-join-as-a-party/page/2#post1052396

nataku

Wow only one dolyak now? damn!

Damn, that should be pretty easy then.

I was getting really frustrated when no on helps out building walls around the dolyaks, or putting up weapons/snowman. People seem to think you can just dps your way through it.

I had one group who got to the very end of the last round, only to have a dolyak die. I'm not sure I'll get a pug as good as that again, lol. :(

Retro

Just an update;

I have created a new guild rank, "Mobile Operator", which means absolutely zilch but sounds neat. This rank has all of the benefits of regular Members, but can spend guild influence. If you are on a non-SBI server and you want to spend some of the influence you've been getting, please whisper an officer and let us know.

Please be aware that we're just going to let the first person who asks spend the influence, so if there's a large cluster of you guys stuck on, say, Yak's Bend, whoever asks first is going to get to control that.

Those on SBI will get Influence activated for the weekends as usual, as the non-SBI GAFers will want to get stuff like guild bank tabs and such.

90% of the difficulty in Toypocalypse is in the first round with people who don't know what to do. After the defenses and some siege equipment is up, it's not that hard to get to the end without a single death. It is actually pretty fun if you get into a group who knows the basics.

Abandond

90% of the difficulty in Toypocalypse is in the first round with people who don't know what to do. After the defenses and some siege equipment is up, it's not that hard to get to the end without a single death. It is actually pretty fun if you get into a group who knows the basics.

I like the idea of the event, I just feel like it could of been cut in half. The rewards for the time are just not all that great.

Ashodin

Just an update;

I have created a new guild rank, "Mobile Operator", which means absolutely zilch but sounds neat. This rank has all of the benefits of regular Members, but can spend guild influence. If you are on a non-SBI server and you want to spend some of the influence you've been getting, please whisper an officer and let us know.

Please be aware that we're just going to let the first person who asks spend the influence, so if there's a large cluster of you guys stuck on, say, Yak's Bend, whoever asks first is going to get to control that.

Those on SBI will get Influence activated for the weekends as usual, as the non-SBI GAFers will want to get stuff like guild bank tabs and such.

I immediately took a look after reading this thread about Mr. Gundam Avatar getting hooked up. Bravo son

Abandond

I woke up this morning with the thought of trying for Sunrise....

Then I saw it took 100 lodestones....

It's gonna be a while...

Yeah, just play the game and you'll get it eventually. Don't push straight for it, it'll make you want to quit (at least that's what happened to me).

Yeah, just play the game and you'll get it eventually. Don't push straight for it, it'll make you want to quit (at least that's what happened to me).

It's funny because I have most of the stuff because I was going for Twilight originally, but felt Sunrise was more fitting to a Guardian. I had a couple lodestones and sold them too, so back to getting more I suppose.

I foresee lots of CoE runs in the future.

Abandond

It's funny because I have most of the stuff because I was going for Twilight originally, but felt Sunrise was more fitting to a Guardian. I had a couple lodestones and sold them too, so back to getting more I suppose.

I foresee lots of CoE runs in the future.

I'm sorry.

Well I just checked. The gifts from Tixx's chest in LA. The bag and backpiece.

Not a one time thing, he'll stay there for the entire duration.

pyrandes

Got my mesmer to 80 yesterday, my first character. Now to gear up!

*high5* yay, one more mesmer at 80!

What kind of focus you thinking of doing on your mesmer?

----

at some point i'll log in again, perhaps this weekend. just too wiped after work to really think about turning on my big rig :(

I remember early on when I forced ambient occulsion in the control panel, certain areas would have weird issues where the ground would become semi transparent. I've had it disabled since.
I had the same issue with AO (670 gtx here) and am hoping this update doesn't make the ground disappear.....Jade Maw would drive me crazy at times, so I turned it off. Will find out tonight!
Ambient occlusion has issues with reflections. Turn off reflections and the issues disappear (I personally do it anyway because the water looks better with the environment map reflections). Also you have to be on 'normal' sampling and not supersampling to see it.

It's so subtle, however, that I don't recommend turning it on unless you have Nvidia Inspector and can switch to the Skyrim bits (much, much better).

SteveWD40

Any Rangers here? I am thinking of going Sword Dagger / Warhorn (so full mele), still leveling for now so mostlyl for PVE, what build should I be using? Assuming Skirmishing and Wilderness Survival are key...

BrettWeir

Any Rangers here? I am thinking of going Sword Dagger / Warhorn (so full mele), still leveling for now so mostlyl for PVE, what build should I be using? Assuming Skirmishing and Wilderness Survival are key...

I know this is from WvW, but this is what I use full time and kick ass with:

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzozcVM9MmgaVoohngo9MxaxzkqcMab8khd7kiO7khd7kiO7070z7kGW70V7ow370m

Video in use in WvW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DO3xQFEBwhU

I haven't played in nearly a month now (exams etc), can someone fill me in in layman terms and a couple words what happened in this time in GW2? (any HUGE changes?)

froliq

How's playing on Stormbluff Isle from Europe? I started playing again recently and everyone I know quit on my server. I know first transfer is free, but would like some impressions so I don't have to end up paying for a transfer back.

Morokh

How's playing on Stormbluff Isle from Europe? I started playing again recently and everyone I know quit on my server. I know first transfer is free, but would like some impressions so I don't have to end up paying for a transfer back.

works perfectly fine for me (French)

I thought transfers were free with a 7-day wait period?

froliq

I thought transfers were free with a 7-day wait period?

Oh, that could be true. I just assumed the first one would be free, since a server transfer would be a common thing for a cash shop. And it displays your current/cost of gems when you try.

No harm in trying it out for myself then, if that's the case.

Proven

Oh, that could be true. I just assumed the first one would be free, since a server transfer would be a common thing for a cash shop. And it displays your current/cost of gems when you try.

No harm in trying it out for myself then, if that's the case.

They don't have a certain other feature setup, so although they planned to charge for server transfers, instead all transfers are free with a 7-day cooldown.

I hope you can "Guest" with European Servers sometime soon. I made the mistake of trying to join a dungeon with them and couldn't figure out why I was getting a network error, lol.

I just made my first Ascended Back Piece, Koss on Koss. Thankfully, I bought all of the Vicious Fangs after they increased their drop rate from bags. It lowered their price by about 4 silver each.

I hope you can "Guest" with European Servers sometime soon. I made the mistake of trying to join a dungeon with them and couldn't figure out why I was getting a network error, lol.

I just made my first Ascended Back Piece, Koss on Koss. Thankfully, I bought all of the Vicious Fangs after they increased their drop rate from bags. It lowered their price by about 4 silver each.

Awesome, and congratulations! Can you post a picture if it's possible? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom