• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

Yeah it will be daaaamn cool when you don't know what boss you're gonna get. The structure of a fractal run makes it such a blank slate for the future, gives me goosebumps.

I want
another
one where you play as completely different characters for lore reasons.

edit: I'm happy to do a level 1-2 fractal run later on.

Ooo, i just saw on the gafguild forums you got the golemancer rune set. Is it worth it?

Katoki

Pity about the WvW exodus... so shortsighted. But quite frankly, if it means we get blocked out of Tier 1 and have competitive matches in Tier 2 every week, I have no objection.

It's more like competitive matches in T4 or T5 every week and that's just a maybe. We're clearly not making it in T2 and with what we've been doing, I'm not sure if what's left is going to care by the time we hit T3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ooo, i just saw on the gafguild forums you got the golemancer rune set. Is it worth it?
Well, I have it in one of my 3 builds :)

jPsB4b5tMghdn.jpg

It's definitely good- when I'm using my support build, I swap to one of the golem elites (depending on the situation/map) and wait until the one from the set procs, so I can have them both out. During that period you'll feel unstoppable; everything seems to target them before you.

It's a little limited though. It's idea for builds where you're still a damage dealer, but in a support role. The stats on it help the hits I land, but the 6 effect and everything else about the build (armor, utils, weapon choices) is about staying alive. If you're in any kind of build that doesn't have a use for critical damage, it's not a good choice.

Piecake

Well, I have it in one of my 3 builds :)

It's definitely good- when I'm using my support build, I swap to one of the golem elites (depending on the situation/map) and wait until the one from the set procs, so I can have them both out. During that period you'll feel unstoppable; everything seems to target them before you.

It's a little limited though. It's idea for builds where you're still a damage dealer, but in a support role. The stats on it help the hits I land, but the 6 effect and everything else about the build (armor, utils, weapon choices) is about staying alive. If you're in any kind of build that doesn't have a use for critical damage, it's not a good choice.

neato

Well, we will see if i still remember how to play, lol. Think ill log onto my mesmer and give him a go

etiolate

Banned
So how are things with the overall game? I kinda burnt myself out several months ago, but sort of interested to get back in if there has been some interesting changes

Engineer improve at all? is the grenade 1 attack still a ground target skill? (real annoying spamming that) or do engineers have another viable way to play now?

Did shatter mesmer see so improvements?

PIECAKE

Did you ever do Fractals? Engies now have weapon sigils apply to their toolkits. Grenades are still ground targeted. I play my engy with elixir gun and double up on super elixir.

Shatter Mesmers were OP for a bit because of some trait changes. They then renerfed one of the traits and added a GCD to deal with a bug they have yet to fix. Basically, there were situations where you could double or triple charge a clone with shatter effects. This meant like 10-12k total shatter damage and dazes galore. It's a bit harder to do with the .25 GCD on shatters.

jersoc

As someone who played Warhammer I couldn't disagree more. WvW in this game is incredibly flawed, but it's no where near as bad as WHO.

ANet needed to put in paid transfers the moment they realized people where just using them to bandwagon to the top servers. Yeah, they probably kept them because guesting wasn't in, but who cares? It was really hurting WvW. It was too easy an out for people who might of been disappointed in their servers performance. That and the fact that they've been ignoring the PvP side of things in in this game for 5 months.

I agree with the paid xfer thing. Many of us always talked in gchat about it too.

I've semi shelved this game for the time being until more depth for characters can be added. and according to their latest update some talent changes are coming and possibly more weapon sets. so yeah! or maybe guardians are just the boringest of all classes too. fix melee in wvw please.

Piecake

PIECAKE

Did you ever do Fractals? Engies now have weapon sigils apply to their toolkits. Grenades are still ground targeted. I play my engy with elixir gun and double up on super elixir.

Shatter Mesmers were OP for a bit because of some trait changes. They then renerfed one of the traits and added a GCD to deal with a bug they have yet to fix. Basically, there were situations where you could double or triple charge a clone with shatter effects. This meant like 10-12k total shatter damage and dazes galore. It's a bit harder to do with the .25 GCD on shatters.

nope. Quit around Halloween time. Yea, thats what i was planning to do with my engineer as well. I used an elixir gun before with the swap super elixir drop trait and really liked it, so i was definitely planning on keeping that and probably rock a pistol with maybe some elixirs.

Any consensus on whats better, rifle or pistols? and can you actually use that as a major damage output? I felt like you really couldnt do that when i was still playing. Be fun to swap elixir gun and pistol or rifle based on the situation

speaking of playing again. Mind inviting me back to the guild whenever you long on, Hawkian ;)

Trey

Pity about the WvW exodus... so shortsighted. But quite frankly, if it means we get blocked out of Tier 1 and have competitive matches in Tier 2 every week, I have no objection.

SBI will be fine enough but we won't be hanging out in Tier 2 much longer. All the "serious business" guilds are rushing to the top.

Retro

Jumping Puzzle event begins in 20 minutes!
See the thread on GAFGuild.com for details!

I didnt even know fractals existed, lol. Now that I think about it, I quite around Halloween time.

Ill probably hop on sometime this weekend, change up my engineer spec and probably level my mesmer. I definitely enjoyed playing my mesmer

Yikes, you need to try Fractals, they're an incredibly idea for an MMO dungeon and will only get better as time goes on. You might want to log in for the jumping puzzle event above, those are fun.

Are they ever going to restock the Art of Guild Wars 2? It looks amazing but it's unavailable anywhere.

I actually e-mailed the Penny Arcade store and this is the response I got;

I do not know if we'll be restocking the Guild Wars 2 Art Book. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the Guild Wars 2 site for updates on their products as they'll likely know before I do!

I asked Kristen about it but she said she didn't know. I would imagine they have bigger things to worry about, which is fine. I think they've had problems regarding merchandise, I know they didn't rush to do a plush Quaggan (despite the absurd amount of demand) because the plush Charr was a serious headache for them. However, that's supposedly changed and one is in the works. Hopefully the art book will get a second run too.

I've semi shelved this game for the time being until more depth for characters can be added. and according to their latest update some talent changes are coming and possibly more weapon sets. so yeah! or maybe guardians are just the boringest of all classes too. fix melee in wvw please.

Melee's situation will improve once they start bringing down the power of AOE damage.

SBI will be fine enough but we won't be hanging out in Tier 2 much longer. All the "serious business" guilds are rushing to the top.

It was very predictable, honestly. Without restrictions on server movement, there was always going to be a rush to the winning side, and now that that window is closing people are making their decision on where they want to be. With Warmachine leaving after being harassed by Jade Quarry into bailing out of Tier 1, most of the other WvW-centric guilds started looking for an easier win where they wouldn't have to fight to take back anything lost during the overnight.

SBI is still a great community and was #1 for a few weeks there, and the other Tier 1 servers all resorted to underhanded garbage to try and drive the guilds out. It's unfortunate their plan worked, because SBI was able to dominate without any hardcore, formal organization, whereas the other servers absolutely needed to do so to complete. There's a reason a lot of the forums refer to it as "Steel Balls Isle"; because what other servers had in organized effort, we countered and conquered with pure and simple tenacity and skill.

Moondrop

Banned
We can perform post-mortem examinations on what happened to our SBI WvW community, but it doesn't change the situation. Which is bleak, in my recent experience.

But rather than debate the facts, let me ask, as someone for whom WvW is the GW2 endgame, why should I stay on SBI?

Don't tell me there's no guarantee of transferring to a good server; that's obviously true. Please, explain to me why I should stay on this one.

Trey

We can perform post-mortem examinations on what happened to our SBI WvW community, but it doesn't change the situation. Which is bleak, in my recent experience.

But rather than debate the facts, let me ask, as someone for whom WvW is the GW2 endgame, why should I stay on SBI?

Don't tell me there's no guarantee of transferring to a good server; that's obviously true. Please, explain to me why I should stay on this one.

This is absolutely a fair point. I think it would behoove GAFguild's leaders to think about what we want our long term server situation to be.

GAF has never been huge on WvWvW, but the fact remains plenty of its members enjoy that aspect of the game, me included.

Personally, I'm fine with riding it out on SBI. We'll be good enough.

etiolate

Banned
nope. Quit around Halloween time. Yea, thats what i was planning to do with my engineer as well. I used an elixir gun before with the swap super elixir drop trait and really liked it, so i was definitely planning on keeping that and probably rock a pistol with maybe some elixirs.

Any consensus on whats better, rifle or pistols? and can you actually use that as a major damage output? I felt like you really couldnt do that when i was still playing. Be fun to swap elixir gun and pistol or rifle based on the situation

speaking of playing again. Mind inviting me back to the guild whenever you long on, Hawkian ;)

Riffle v Pistol

PVP: I still think Rifle is best here. The snare, vuln and damage is good if you go glass cannon.

PVE: I prefer pistols, but that's because I like having the shield off-hand. Damage wise, I normally rely on a kit like grenades or flamethrower for my damage and use pistol/shield for its utility. I like having a stun, daze, reflect and blast finisher, plus the blind from pistol 3.

I haven't really messed around with sigil effects on kits. I just hit 60 on the engy and have been using a bloodlust sigil.

Katoki

I saw SBI was in T2 now, is it doing so bad that it would drop even further down?

Yeah, we're not doing very well in T2 either for that matter. Everyone that seems to be staying is possibly riding it out until things equalize. From what little I could gather, it was the attempt to stay in T1 that killed/burned a lot of the server out, and now it's the folks leftover trying to keep us in T2 that're burning out if they're still in there. All I see are white flags based on our score but not our "pie chart control."

The drop to T3 is inevitable but we'll have another "fresh start" to see if that's our tier when that happens.

etiolate

Banned

Stormbluff Isle has been pounding top tier for longer than any other server. The issue is burnout, but everyone is getting burn out.

Basically, you're leaving a historically good WvWvW server because of an issue that can only be fixed on ANet's part and heading towards another server that will face the same issue soon if not already dealing with it.

WvWvW glory is never consistent. There's been many server flame outs. SBI has outlasted most. The people jumping ship are not really thinking this out. The only thing about server choice that you can rely on is community. SBI and TC have two of the best communities in the game. To leave is a mercenary move born of free transfers. Every other server is living off of mercenary rules. Guilds hopping from here to there. When paid transfers come in, the merc lifestyle will stop and shit will hit the fan. There will be so much "WHY DID WE DO THIS" that it will be great forum drama to enjoy in the future. Granted, SBI has gained folks like Syn and Yaki that way. The amazing thing is that these folks haven't figured out their own mistaken behavior. If you keep moving and there is no solution from it then moving is not a solution.

But MMO players are generally fuckwads. I'm not calling them fuckwads. I like the folks. They're good to WuvWuv with. They're just falling prey to MMO player fuckwaddery.

Retro

This is absolutely a fair point. I think it would behoove GAFguild's leaders to think about what we want our long term server situation to be.

GAF has never been huge on WvWvW, but the fact remains plenty of its members enjoy that aspect of the game, me included.

The topic hasn't come up, but we can discuss it. However, I can honestly say that we've settled into Stormbluff and trying to get everyone transferred before the next update will result in a lot of people who maybe don't follow the thread or are very active coming back and finding themselves not only culled from the guild but also abandoned and stranded on the wrong server.

Stormbluff Isle is still a really good community, maybe just not for bleeding edge WvW gameplay. The same thing happened to Henge of Denravi, Eredon Terrace and, to a lesser degree Blackgate. They hit Tier 1 and the other top servers organized to drive them out by organizing against them, sabotaging their queues, harassment, etc. WvW: serious business.

I'm thinking we'll drop down a few more tiers and then level out. A lot depends on how many large guilds we bleed before then.

nataku

If WvW is your focus, and you haven't been participating in the guild events or anything, you probably shouldn't. The only reason I'm sticking around is the guild, despite me not playing GW2 the past couple weeks.

Honestly the guild's focus on WvW has been disappointing. There are all kinds of PvE events going on, but the fact that it used to be so hard to get people on the same map due to the queues seems to have killed any interest in setting up similar events for WvW. I'd set them up, but I don't even have time on the weekends to do the PvE events people set up. I always end up being busy. I just can't guarantee I'll have the hours free to do them.

I saw SBI was in T2 now, is it doing so bad that it would drop even further down?

Currently dead last. SoR is ~46k, TC is ~20k and we're ~15k. I have no idea how bad we have to lose to drop. I have a feeling we're not done falling, though.

Coming from Yaks Bend, I can say that the times we've been in Mid-Mid Tiers for WvW have been infinitely more fun than the times we (YB) made it up to High-Mid Tiers because the servers in that Tier don't run full force 24 hours a day and they don't use the questionable tactics like Stacking in a Turtle formation to abuse the limit to AoE dmg/no limit to group heals and all the sabotage crap.

You have a few hours are really hard fighting in US Primetime and the rest of the time is skirmishes with a few key Towers and Keeps being fought over on the Frontlines.

So guys, I hit level 80. Currently finishing my personal storyline.

A bit lost on where to go from here for "end-game" PvE gearing. I bought some stuff from AH, I hear about T1, T2, etc.

Any guide/help out there?

Moondrop

Banned
WvWvW glory is never consistent. There's been many server flame outs. SBI has outlasted most. The people jumping ship are not really thinking this out. The only thing about server choice that you can rely on is community. SBI and TC have two of the best communities in the game.

You seem to have your tenses confused. You should be speaking in the past tense. We HAD a great WvW community.

Once free transfers end, jumping ship will stabilize and people will likely stick to their servers at that time. At which point SBI's downward descent will be further crystallized.

Also, many of y'all seem to neglect that there is a large population that play for the love of the game. We're not put off by alleged flaws and lack of rewards for which you blame the developers. Why should we stay on servers where the vast majority do not share our sentiments?

So guys, I hit level 80. Currently finishing my personal storyline.

A bit lost on where to go from here for "end-game" PvE gearing. I bought some stuff from AH, I hear about T1, T2, etc.

Any guide/help out there?

Well.. the initial End Game progression would've been running the Exploration Dungeons and doing the 3 Orr Zones to farm Karma for your Exotic Gear. A good way to start is to build a +Magic Find set to help in getting those Exotics to drop for you but it's not completely necessary.

However I'm not really sure if that's the most productive route anymore with Fractal's being introduced. It might actually be best to just get a good set of Green gear, buying a cheap set of +Magic Find Runes for it and running those. I haven't run any Fractals yet though personally.

I built my initial Exotic set from farming Karma in Orr events and selling Materials on the TP to buy pieces to fill in the rest. It left me pretty poor when all was said and done, so it's not a great way to go.

etiolate

Banned
You seem to have your tenses confused. You should be speaking in the past tense. We HAD a great WvW community.

Once free transfers end, jumping ship will stabilize and people will likely stick to their servers at that time. At which point SBI's downward descent will be further crystallized.

Also, many of y'all seem to neglect that there is a large population that play for the love of the game. We're not put off by alleged flaws and lack of rewards for which you blame the developers. Why should we stay on servers where the vast majority do not share our sentiments?

Community goes far beyond WvWvW. SBI and TC have great communities. It show up in all parts of the game.

Once free xfers end, people will be stuck in the burnout stricken and bitter server communities that are leftover at top tier where facing that grind mill will turn people away. There's this fantasy people have that all the WvWvW guilds will carry each other on their server up at the top. TA, ET, and SBI went through that. It doesn't last.

Community is all that lasts and its not dependent on WvWvW. You can play for love of the game regardless of tier. Truth is that middle tiers seem to have the most fun. I like the challenge of top tier, but it does get redundant. You can't stick your head in the sand and pretend that facing JQ for the millionth time isn't a bit boring.

What needs to be done is on ANet's hands. They can do things to freshen up the game. Once that happens folks like me will return and others will return. That will change things. Every bit of this exodus is based on a mentality that is stuck in the past. Everything that's happening now has been done before and flamed out. "We'll just gather all the WvWvW guilds to a few servers and everything will be fine." That has been happening with free xfers for months and everything is not fine.

Moondrop

Banned
What needs to be done is on ANet's hands. They can do things to freshen up the game. Once that happens folks like me will return and others will return. That will change things.

Here is where we differ. You are not part of the hardcore WvW crowd. You are asking for some new achievement or different NPCs to freshen up WvW for you. Why would the return of players like you improve WvW for players like me?

Those who care about competition first and foremost will seek to compete against those who share their mindset. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Moondrop (and others), first of all this isn't official GAFguild policy or anything so much as my personal thoughts, so it may be subject to change, but...

With the alterations coming: if WvW is your primary focus, I can't really think of any reason why you shouldn't just transfer to the server you believe you'll have the best experience in WvW on, and guest on SBI to play with the guild. There are no limitations on guesting from the description that would make this impractical. Others can feel free to chime in on this point if there's something I'm missing.

That said, as far as a WvW-related reason to stay- if your desire is to be in tier 1 as much of the time as possible, it's definitely not going to be looking like SBI is the place for that for the near future. But personally I don't mind the possibility of winding up a competitive team in the 3-4-5 range where our goal during a given week would be to move up a tier for the next round, not either 1) stay on top or 2) get back on top. I'm kind of looking forward to what matchups we've never seen before. But obviously there are a lot of different kinds of players.

GAFGuild's home will remain SBI for the foreseeable future. Generally speaking I've been pretty happy with the community.

Retro

Seconding Hawkian's post.

GAFGuild has not, is not, and will never be a WvW-centric guild. In the same way we will never be a PVP-centric build or a PVE-centric build. GAFGuild is a casual, relaxed guild for GAFers. There's too many people with different preferences and expectations, and the guild leadership has discussed several times how we will never force people to participate in one type of gameplay or another (we do try to make sure all tastes are account for).

That said, you CAN multi-guild, and shortly you'll be able to Guest across servers. If people want to chase WvW glory on another server with another guild, you can always Represent and Guest with GAF when you're not.

In other words, feel free to transfer if you want, but GAFGuild will remain on SBI.

etiolate

Banned
Here is where we differ. You are not part of the hardcore WvW crowd. You are asking for some new achievement or different NPCs to freshen up WvW for you. Why would the return of players like you improve WvW for players like me?

Those who care about competition first and foremost will seek to compete against those who share their mindset. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm not hardcore in that WvWvW is not all I do. It's not a matter of acheives or rewards. It's about a change to scoring, some sense of establishment within WvWvW and more to do.

Why you should care about people like me is that we are the gap fillers and the people that run small squads to disrupt and do things outside the zerg. WvWvW is about coverage. When you lose people of all sorts then you lose coverage.

Moondrop

Banned
Please understand I love this guild and do not want to leave our server. If it could be guaranteed that SBI would settle at tier 3 or tier 4 I would stay- but it can't. In fact, I think there's a chance we could be the least competitive server of all when the dust settles.

I'm not denigrating anyone who wants to take a more casual approach to WvW. It's totally your prerogative and, of course, healthier. But competitive players want to play with and against competitive players, not casuals.

I'll make a post soon on the GAF guild board, but I'm going to begin ruminating on my next server home and if any GAFers want to coordinate to make a WvW-centric satellite GAF squad, we can discuss it there.

Retro

Please understand I love this guild and do not want to leave our server. If it could be guaranteed that SBI would settle at tier 3 or tier 4 I would stay- but it can't. In fact, I think there's a chance we could be the least competitive server of all when the dust settles.

I'm not denigrating anyone who wants to take a more casual approach to WvW. It's totally your prerogative and, of course, healthier. But competitive players want to play with and against competitive players, not casuals.

I'll make a post soon on the GAF guild board, but I'm going to begin ruminating on my next server home and if any GAFers want to coordinate to make a WvW-centric satellite GAF squad, we can discuss it there.

Nobody is questioning your loyalty, Comrade Moondrop. If Central Command thought for one second that you'd betray the Motherland, we'd have taken you behind the Guildhall (when we got one!) and had Kos shoot you... your life would ended with a high-pitched "Ppp-FWweeeeeep!"
JUWnj.gif

Seriously though, if people want to have a mercenary sensibility about these things and migrate to a server they think will offer better prospects, that's perfectly fine. We'll even make one of you a Remote Operator so any influence you earn on your new home server can be spent at your discretion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's the thing- there aren't any guarantees either way, right? I'd like to think we'll remain a high pop server and thus remain somewhat competitive even without the guilds that are leaving, but maybe SBI will come in last for like 8 matches in a row and be ranked last 2 months from now. There's really no telling what we'd be ranked two months, or a year after that. And of course the same is true of the #1 ranked server or the #3 ranked server, and so on. The only way to guarantee you'll be playing in the top tier for the very first match after transfers are cut off is to transfer.

I don't have any issue with you asking the most hardcore WvWers to come with you to whatever server you choose. Again, guesting to a single server regularly seems so wholly unrestricted that it would barely have any impact outside of WvW itself. It'll be sad for me personally not to play with you anymore because you're skilled but I can't ask you in good conscience to stay either. My plan is to take what we get on SBI and do our best to compete. There's no case to be made for SBI if being in the top tier is your primary goal to get the most out of the experience.

Honestly.. I don't keep up with all the top competitive guilds constantly switching back and forth through servers.. but Yaks Bend didn't have any dominant WvW Guilds that I saw in the first 2 months of release when I was WuvWuving constantly and it doesn't have a particularly large overnight population either.. and it hung around the middle of the pack the whole time.

Just because a bunch of Guilds are leaving SBI doesn't mean it'll fall so drastically far. I really want to say that you shouldn't take a Chicken Little approach with this.. but I understand the concern given that whatever choice you make (staying or going) will actually cost you money to correct in the future, so I can't in good conscience even say that.

Just take a day or two to really look into the Mid Tier servers.. Mid Tier and up pretty much all have forums out there.. and see what you can gather about them in terms of their serious WvW guilds before you make a final decision.

I don't want to see people get burned by staying or by going. :/

Retro

For me, the decision comes down to "Do I want to have fun in WvW" or "Do I want to deal with the lame 'tactics' and underhanded bullshit that Tier 1 servers utilize forever." I mean, if even half the stories are true about Jade Quarry's behavior, I'd rather not face them again. The worst I've heard was them switching over to SBI and following War Machine around and making anti-korean comments (WM is a mostly Korean guild) to give them the impression Stormbluff's population was racist.

I guess they just want WvW e-peen rights enough to do whatever it takes, whereas SBI's population seems to enjoy a good fight but gets tired of the same old shit week after week. I stopped playing because I got sick of Jade Quarry and whoever got subbed into Tier 1 (usually SoS) always being in super serious 24/7 mode. I guess I just don't have it in me to put up with that forever.

demented

Question for euro people: What server should I migrate to?

I'm on gunnars hold that's among last 6 atm in wvwvw, population is medium(aka empty). I know LFG is coming(this year...) and guesting but I still wanna be on a "good" server.
I'm casual and don't really play a lot but when I do I like it to be good and way I want it. Lack of LFG and spamming for hours, dc bugs etc combined with exams made me quit for a long time but now I'll have more time to play so yeah.. What server?

Anyone? Or is everyone on US servers?
Want to transfer before 21st so I can do it once more before they take the free transfers down in case I dont like it.

Retro

Anyone? Or is everyone on US servers?
Want to transfer before 21st so I can do it once more before they take the free transfers down in case I dont like it.

We had an EU splinter on Gandara, but that's mostly died because Naito and Mulligan disappeared and the guild was more or less leaderless. Since then most EU GAFers have transferred over to Stormbluff Isle (Which is an NA server) and had very little (if any) complaint.

You can be part of the guild regardless of which server you are on, but you won't be able to guest across regions (so EU players cannot guest with NA players). Keep that in mind if you have friends playing (or who you think might play). If you roll on an EU server, the guild will basically be there for Chat / advice.

I was pondering a transfer for both PVE and WvW sake (since I'm expecting pop drop), but then Colin jumped in the gchat earlier and said SBI pop still going up much.

So torn now...

Piecake

Well, was fun playing again. Though I am DEFINITELY getting rid of my power rifle/grenade build. Shit be kinda boring. Going for crit and condi with pistols, I think. Im actually not terribly far away from a set. Just need to do a few dungeon runs and i can piece together something decent

demented

All my friends are dead(quit), well beside 2 which play on and off.
Thought about switching over to SBI but (not) finding people at odd hours for pve will be annoying, and that wvwvw talk before I jumped in isn't encouraging either :p
This is hard :(

Retro

I was pondering a transfer for both PVE and WvW sake (since I'm expecting pop drop), but then Colin jumped in the gchat earlier and said SBI pop still going up much.

Yeah, that's something else that has value on Stormbluff: a LOT of ArenaNet folks play there. Enough that we've got some of them in the guild. Just don't harass them, they don't get much free time, ya know.

All my friends are dead(quit), well beside 2 which play on and off.
Thought about switching over to SBI but (not) finding people at odd hours for pve will be annoying, and that wvwvw talk before I jumped in isn't encouraging either :p
This is hard :(

I'm going to second Jest's sentiment and suggest that people looking to transfer to a better WvW server might be overstating the situation or are reacting to the news that several guilds have transfered off. If WvW is a big part of your gameplay, feel free to reconsider, but I think people expecting SBI to drop to dead last and stay there are missing how stable SBI's still-stable population and how fun WvW could be when you're not spending all day fighting Try-Hards.

demented

I haven't been playing much in last few months. My issues with game made me play like once every few days after first month and then exams and other stuff made me quit for last 2 months.
I know I'm super casual but I still look at things hardcore way for some reason, like I want best this best that even tho I know I won't play that much or at that level.
This patch will bring some nice stuff and hopefully I'll start playing more and right server can help or break my will, I'll transfer now to SBI for a "trial" of server, see how it is at European time etc. Who do I whisper for invite?

Edit: Hopefully down the line they'll add guesting EU<>USA.
Registering at website atm.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, was fun playing again. Though I am DEFINITELY getting rid of my power rifle/grenade build. Shit be kinda boring. Going for crit and condi with pistols, I think. Im actually not terribly far away from a set. Just need to do a few dungeon runs and i can piece together something decent
The nostalgia ran deep slaying alpha with you again. I remember keenly when he was twice as hard and you got 1/3rd the reward ;)
Guesting EU<>USA.
I spent a bit of time thinking about this because it's really a pity. Unless they alter their DB architecture completely I don't think true guesting will ever be possible. BUT- an international server intended only for guesting, with the ability to do DB swaps, might be a practical solution. I'm crossing my fingers too- GW1 allowed you to do this (even though it didn't even have "shards" at all in the traditional sense).

Moondrop, I think you are great leader whenever I play WvW or PVE and I really think you'll have a good chance of getting GAF guildies to play wvw more often if you set up some events. I bet you a lot of our guild mates have jumped in WvW alone without party and coordination and just kept dying a lot so it wasn't very fun. A lot of them probably would love to do more organized runs in WvW especially if we are all GAF members.

Maybe trying to do a weekly event and then if we get a constant group we can try jumping in more often.

This is just an idea.

Don't leave the guild or SBI. I need you. Your always up for anything if you are not busy doing anything else.

I haven't been playing much in last few months. My issues with game made me play like once every few days after first month and then exams and other stuff made me quit for last 2 months.
I know I'm super casual but I still look at things hardcore way for some reason, like I want best this best that even tho I know I won't play that much or at that level.
This patch will bring some nice stuff and hopefully I'll start playing more and right server can help or break my will, I'll transfer now to SBI for a "trial" of server, see how it is at European time etc. Who do I whisper for invite?

Edit: Hopefully down the line they'll add guesting EU<>USA.
Registering at website atm.

The thing about WvW is that without unique rewards like Titles or.. well anything that you can't get in PvE.. it's all about Bragging Rights. But Bragging Rights are pretty worthless when you earn them by gaming the system, which is the only way to stay in T1 and win. At least.. that's how I feel. Of course there's plenty of others who feel differently. However in any Mass PvP environment.. winning isn't based on being better as much as it's based on numbers primarily and coordination just a bit after that. It's fun.. it's engrossing.. but it's just not an accurate measurement of skill.

PvE is all about the group you run with and SPvP.. well.. yeah that's going to need some work.

I started out on Fergeuson's Crossing when it came out b/c my friend said he was on there, but he stopped playing. Going from there to SBI when the xmas event was going on was astounding to me. The amount of players there were compared to FC was greatly different. So all I'm saying is that I would like to be on SBI since its nice, and I don't really want to change servers again if it costs money especially to a high pop were it would cost more. Plus being the underdog/having a challenge is always fun :)

Piecake

The nostalgia ran deep slaying alpha with you again. I remember keenly when he was twice as hard and you got 1/3rd the reward ;)

Ah yes, fun times :)

I especially liked it when we got 1/3 of the reward when other people were getting the full 3/3rds

Oh, and if anyone is willing to guide me through fractal 1, id be most appreciative :)

Gaston

Hello everyone! So I literally just bought Guild Wars 2... I have no idea what to expect outside of my prior knowledge of other MMOs. So I suppose I will see you all inside once this finishes installing.

Ferny

Hello everyone! So I literally just bought Guild Wars 2... I have no idea what to expect outside of my prior knowledge of other MMOs. So I suppose I will see you all inside once this finishes installing.

Welcome! Ask questions and enjoy the ride man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man I am eager to hear your thoughts. My recent experiences with "traditional MMO" tropes have demonstrated more than anything else how much of a step forward this game is for the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom