• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
still catching up but must have baby quaggan backpack for the arbiter. It'll be HUGE

Edit: silly as it sounds I'm really psyched about the UI upgrades. Gw1 showed an awesome evolution in this sense. New dailies and achievement tokens are a pretty clever way to mix up "stuff to do," which I love; people will be pissed that they can't just do their routine every day, hehe ;)

Not surprised ascended amulets are the next piece nor that all ascended gear is getting easier to get over time (called it within an hour of the announcement). They're putting off the "what about runes?" question as long as possible, but I have faith it'll be interesting, whatever happens. I have 3 potential theories about it

Love that this next world event is focus on existing open world zones <3 Wish it wasn't snowy zones </3

Did I miss the fractal changes mentioned?

Proven

Yes please. You leading? What time?

You did that, didn't you. So weird Tier 2 and Tier 4 enemies get prefixes but Tier 3 don't, despite the fact that they're all officially named :p

I would be down to run through WvWvW with Gaffers tonight.

I don't know what happened to Proven!

Nice smooth Frac-10 run guys, sorry for derping at the beginning of the Grawl. Learned a new trick there. :)

I fell a-fucking-sleep!

Yesterday would have been perfect coming out of the national holiday, but oh well. Tonight, 9pm EST, and I'll do some playing tomorrow and Wednesday as well. Three days of WvW, come to what you can, or all three if possible.

Finally, more concrete info.

Edit: I take back what I said about the concrete info. I'm just waiting for the patch notes now.

Lunar15

Small update, which was expected. I'm not disappointed.

What IS interesting is the "Flame & Frost" Prelude. I wonder what that will build up to.

Proven

Last Chapter may end up being called ": Finale", depending on how much lasting effect on the world it has.

The far north and far east lands are where I've spent the least time. Fireheart Rise and the area of the Shatterer my least visited and explored zones. Going in there, I wonder if I'll be able to tell the difference between what's old and what's new.

Retro

For the new page:

January Update is up:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-2013/

Flame and Frost Prelude
The sky falls and the ground shakes in the lands of the north. Charr and norn refugees crawl from the wreckage of their homes in the Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, struggling to find shelter in the south. The call goes out for volunteers to assist the victims in this time of need, when earth and sky seem to have become the enemy…

Flame and Frost: Prelude is the prologue to a multi-stage narrative that will bring big changes to Guild Wars 2 in the months to come.

New Features:
Temple of the Silent Storm Week
From January 28—February 4 the regular eight-team/three-round paid tournaments will be replaced by two-team/single-round paid tournaments in the Temple of the Silent Storm map. After the week is over, we’ll add Temple of the Silent Storm to the regular rotation of both free and paid tournaments.

Improved Achievement System
We’re adding a new rotation of daily achievements to add variety and encourage you to explore the open world. You’ll get different achievements every day of the week and a new achievement tracker in the UI to make it easier to track your progress.

New Achievement Laurels
You’ll earn these brand-new laurels as a reward for daily and monthly achievements!

Redeem these laurels for rewards like the new Ascended gear and Infusions!

Guesting
With the new guesting system, you can play with friends on other worlds in the same region (North America, Europe) without changing your homeworld. Guesting is free, but going forward there will be a gem fee for transferring home worlds, so make sure you’re on the home world you want to permanently play on before 28 January!

New Utility Infusions and Ascended Amulets
We’re adding a wide range of new gear that can be purchased with the new laurels.

With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.

More Upgrades and Improvements
We’re making a ton of other improvements to the game this month, such as enhanced performance in WvW, adjustments to side-kicking balancing, and UI improvements, which will be detailed in our release notes.
New Items in the Gem Store

It’s a new year, which means all-new items and a redesigned favorite in the Gem Store!

From Baby Quaggan Backpacks to Riding Brooms to the revamped Box o’ Fun, you’ll find it all in the Gem Store!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I', guessing there will be a map or something north of frostgorge since there's a waypoint and a space for a zone portal in the north west.

So is that event still on for this weekend where we do story-mode dungeons for those who still need it? I've seen it discussed in guild chat, but nothing on the guild site yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So is that event still on for this weekend where we do story-mode dungeons for those who still need it? I've seen it discussed in guild chat, but nothing on the guild site yet.
I will check on this tonight... as far as I know it's still on, but it's not my event so I'll need to double-check.

I'm a little scared that the fractals fixes aren't gonna be a part of this patch D:

I'm fairly certain Centurion Truthbringer, a Karma vendor in Southwestern in the Iron Marches sells them under the name "Mortar Team Light Leggings". I know he sells the heavy armor version (also called "Mending" and received via the Personal Story). I don't have a cloth wearer high enough level, but if you link this to yourself in chat, you can preview the item; [&AgG2EAAA]

Thanks. Looks like quite the hike.

Vossler

Man, corrupted stuff just hella jumped in prices. Glad I got my avenger when I did. Looking forward to the varied dailies, should push people into less populated zones.

Keasar

I am a bit annoyed that you can only guest within your region. I was hoping I could stay on the US servers while sometimes jumping over to the EU servers and play with my friends the few times they are online, as the EU GAF guild is quite dead and quiet nowadays compared to the US one.

Dont know if I should stay or move back to the EU servers while I can for free.

demented

I'm annoyed that you don't get guild bonuses on other server, thought I could go to other one to wvwvw and still be with gafguild but... idk, gotta rethink this.

Anyway here's what I'm doing atm:
>log in
>jump around or talk in chat for 15-20 min
>log out

I really don't know what to do, as many who quit I just don't feel sense of acomplishment or need to do certain things so I hope patch might bring back some life to the game and my love for it.
WvWvW situation atm is bad so doing that is annoying, sPvP atm: why bother? PvE sure I can gear up but I don't know what, where, also I hate grinding and doing same instance xx times is annoying to me. Leveling from time to time but same old gets boring like with grinding.

hm

PatzCU

I'm liking that we'll be able to buy gear with achievements. My playtime has taken a dive and I'm really not able to reliably run dungeons/fractals.

Is there anything going on tonight since you guys were talking about WvWvW yesterday. Had to drive back to school and supposedly there were 2 50 car pileups :(. Also that help newbies complete story instances is awesome since that is right up my alley

etiolate

Banned
Hopefully they will make Ascended gear much easier to get with this patch. I don't want them adding new pieces of Ascended gear until they fix all the problems they introduced with Ascended gear.

Proven

The bad news is that it upgrades your armor to that same color quality at level 80. So, level 80 whites, blues, or greens. If you can get at least rares and play WvW often, it usually pays to buy those. Otherwise, just make sure you have the blue or green of your current level.

Retro

Gaf I finally got this game!

I made a warrior, ranger, and necro to but I can't decide which one to keep playing, halp!

We'll only make it worse, as there really isn't a profession that is underrepresented on GAF. We even have a slew of dedicated Necro players (don't let that scare you, they're much better now but for a while they were in a bad place). This jives pretty well with what we've heard from ArenaNet on the representation of professions in game.

Play what you enjoy the most, and honestly give them all a fair shake. A lot of people started off pretty confident with their choices, then they fell in love with something completely out of left field. For example, my wife was pretty sure she was going to go Ranger. Then Elementalist. Then she found Mesmers and that's been her main for a while now.

Unless you're boring, like me, and you stuck to your guns (well, Rifle) and played a Warrior since the freakin' Beta Weekends.

Now if you want to ask about race, I am sure the Asura Defense Force will chime in quicker than a Transmutating Inversion Matri-thizer set to Sublimate. That's "pretty quick" in Bookah.

scotcheggz

I got my thief to 80 last week or so, spent the time since grinding mats and made an emblazoned set etc. can I join the GAF guild? I played solo and haven't done any dungeons or WvW at all, would like to see what is on offer there and stop being a social outcast! I've seen a bunch of you guys about though :) my characters name is Leifa, are the names of who to contact in the first post still up to date?

Gaston

I figured that I would post this here as well. I decided to transfer over to JQ and join up with SF for WvW end game. But I wanted to say thanks to everyone for welcoming me for my short term and helping me with the basics. GAF <3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can always remain a member of GAFguild (you can belong to multiple guilds) and Guest on SBI to play with us.

Proven

Alright! I'm awake! And on GAF GW2 Mumble!

Today will be Eternal Battlegrounds, if only because it gives us the most space. I'll be in the WvW channel in mumble and running around with the GAF tag, so look for me. I'll be on my Warrior, Knive Smithblade.

Sarcasm

Alright! I'm awake! And on GAF GW2 Mumble!

Today will be Eternal Battlegrounds, if only because it gives us the most space. I'll be in the WvW channel in mumble and running around with the GAF tag, so look for me. I'll be on my Warrior, Knive Smithblade.

Where is the GAF mumble info?

Lunar15

Is the guild primarily east coast or west coast? Midwest?

I'm EST myself, so I was just interested to see what chances I had of being on at "prime" guild time.

Proven

It was fun tonight. I can't promise tomorrow (Wednesday anymore) but I'll be playing with you guys Thursday then. Thank you to all that showed up.

etiolate

Banned
Yes, thanks to all who came out for the WvWvW romps. I aim to show up for some more for those that want to have a go as I won't be needed to head out of town this week.

jersoc

Has ArenaNet gone into more detail what the supposed UI changes in the new patch will be?

if it's not FOV slider i'm going to throw a keyboard so hard at their faces. i swear to god.

the update sounds great. getting some shit from dailies will make me login and do them again. i just hope it's not a stupid number that anet loves to do.

Quick question. How is the over all player base for this game at the moment? I am looking for a game I can play a few hours a week with a friend and he is currently just playing WoW. Not sure if I want to jump into that game for a few reasons.

Also is there is much PvP? I've read WvW is more common. Could be wrong.

Thanks GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom