• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah the toolbelt skill is great. I just find the health pack drops sucky.

IIRC you can also trait the medkit line so that the heal skill cooldown drops to 16.

Edit: I heard that Fractals are pretty much all about DPS. Like, every member of your party must be specced for DPS... how true is that?

That depends if you are playing for fun or are in a minimum effort gotta-go-fast no nonsense pug

Retro

CornBurrito, I gotta ask, and this is not a loaded question or an attempt to make you 'look like a n00b' or anything stupid like that, but is GW2 your first MMO? It feels like most of your questions are asked with the goal of making sure you don't get kicked from groups, guilds or are just 'playing wrong'.

Cuz you've gotta unlearn that crap. GW2 is laid back as hell, and GAFGuild perhaps even more so. Play the class that's most enjoyable, not the one you think will get you in groups easiest. Nobody in this guild is going to say "You can't come because you're 'Profession X'" and if they do let me or one of the other officers know about that bullshit.

Play what's fun, for fun. Wander around, do events. Don't rush to 80, don't worry about farming stuff yet. Forget everything you know about MMOs, whether you've played one before or have just heard about them. Guild Wars 2 is different, and that's why we love it.

/mini-friendly-rant.

Levyne

Banned
I agree with that sentiment. In guild wars 1, playing primarily ranger, many people didn't want to take one anywhere. Now if 4 of the 5 people in my last ac group were rangers, it's just like "lol, rangers!"

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Please based Anet, rethink the cross-continental restriction for players. Please please please. I wanna play with you guys, but I don't (yet) want to leave my home server :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone who says Fractals are all about DPS is either nuts, insanely skilled to the point where they'd be unbearable to group with, or very low level. In my experience survivability is increasingly important the higher level you get to, especially when you're fighting through agony.
Please based Anet, rethink the cross-continental restriction for players. Please please please. I wanna play with you guys, but I don't (yet) want to leave my home server :/
It's not that they "decided against it" or anything like that, it's just too complex to implement without substantially more work. I think the easiest interim solution will be an international world that both regions can guest on (this was in place in a sense for GW1). I really hope it gets done soon too!

mikeGFG

Banned
Really? How do I use it properly?

its just got it all, mang: condition removal, fury, swiftness, heals (the heals part is kind of clunky, but it can save lives in some of the higher fractals)

Fully traited, you can get that toolbelt heal down to a 15s cooldown.

and simply opening the kit triggers "on heal" procs from rune set bonuses for some easy and cheesy boons. (with 6 Altruism Runes its possible have have 100% uptime on might, and close to 100% uptime on fury)

CornBurrito, I gotta ask, and this is not a loaded question or an attempt to make you 'look like a n00b' or anything stupid like that, but is GW2 your first MMO? It feels like most of your questions are asked with the goal of making sure you don't get kicked from groups, guilds or are just 'playing wrong'.

Cuz you've gotta unlearn that crap. GW2 is laid back as hell, and GAFGuild perhaps even more so. Play the class that's most enjoyable, not the one you think will get you in groups easiest. Nobody in this guild is going to say "You can't come because you're 'Profession X'" and if they do let me or one of the other officers know about that bullshit.

Play what's fun, for fun. Wander around, do events. Don't rush to 80, don't worry about farming stuff yet. Forget everything you know about MMOs, whether you've played one before or have just heard about them. Guild Wars 2 is different, and that's why we love it.

/mini-friendly-rant.

My first MMO was Maple Story. And there was definitely a lot of build purists in that game. I was actually one of them :(

Anyway I am taking your advice and playing a Rifle/Flamethrower Engineer. Range for when I want it, Flamethrower for mobs. And if I get bored of that stuff I switch kits. Went around today slaughtering Champions with a group of people in Queensdale. One of the few times I've seen people keeping track of events like that. Now that's fun, even if it is hard to tell when you're contributing a lot sometimes. I just aim for gold.

Complistic

I love naturally stumbling upon jumping puzzles. I think I've just "found" 4 or 5 of them now. (I've done more, by looking up where they start in a map). There's nothing like wandering aimlessly around and suddenly you take a fall and you've got a brand new experience to figure out for the next twenty minutes or so.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I found Dierdre's Steps accidentally the first time. Couldn't even beat it (if you die in there and there's no one to res you...) One of the coolest moments I've had in-game.

Also Hawkian, I don't think Champs drop chests all the time after defeat. I'm 80% positive that 4/5th of the Champions I fought dropped nothing. :(

They should drop chests more frequently.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also Hawkian, I don't think Champs drop chests all the time after defeat. I'm 80% positive that 4/5th of the Champions I fought dropped nothing. :(

They should drop chests more frequently.
I was trying to explain in-game. The little chests they drop sometimes are just a visual indicator of loot.. those chest will drop from any mob if the contents are worth more than 1s or something like that. They're to help you see it, so you don't miss the fact that the mob was lootable. But if you loot the mob fast enough you won't see the chest.

The loot champs drops sucks, but as long as you get a drop that's working as intended for now (whether or not you see the chest).

Complistic

I had no idea this game even had jumping puzzles until they were mentioned in the thread. Still haven't done one. Or found one.

I think just about (if not every) map has at least 1. Not really sure how to explain how to find them. Once you've done or found a couple you start to learn how they hide them. After getting 100% in a zone, google whatever map you're on and jumping puzzle and that'll pinpoint the entrance. From there you shouldn't cheat, just try to figure it out. Some are harder than others.

I was trying to explain in-game. The little chests they drop sometimes are just a visual indicator of loot.. those chest will drop from any mob if the contents are worth more than 1s or something like that. They're to help you see it, so you don't miss the fact that the mob was lootable. But if you loot the mob fast enough you won't see the chest.

The loot champs drops sucks, but as long as you get a drop that's working as intended for now (whether or not you see the chest).

I wasn't able to loot the corpses either. :(

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Dat Norn T3

wJXYIJi.jpg

Well, except the shoulders since I like the Fanatic ones more.

I think those mini chests are broken. I've gotten absolute garbage from them several times.

_woLf

I have a question. I want to get an ascended amulet (for more AR, at least for the time being until I upgrade my rings and get a backpack)

Should I get the utility amulet? I plan on changing over to MF or Karma increase after I get enough AR from other accessories.

Levyne

Banned
I have a question. I want to get an ascended amulet (for more AR, at least for the time being until I upgrade my rings and get a backpack)

Should I get the utility amulet? I plan on changing over to MF or Karma increase after I get enough AR from other accessories.

Yeah, probably, just put in a versatile for now then overwrite it with whatever later.

Ketch

Is anyone interested in doing a low level dungeon later? I've got a lvl 40 Mesmer and a lvl 65 warrior. I'm trying to get back into the game, and my favorite thing about MMOs (mostly just WoW:BC) are dungeon runs.

I tried getting into the dungeons when the game came out, but they always seemed just waaay too chaotic... I'm so used to the mechanics of Tank-Healer-DPS that I couldn't quite figure out what the hell was supposed to be happening in the group dynamics here.

I understand that everyone can heal and dps and that the what you should be doing on a personal level is doing as much damage as possible while avoiding as many enemy attacks as possible and then buffing/cleansing the team. But it has always felt like there is just way too much incoming damage and that getting downed was inevitable.

So I'd like to do a dungeon run or two with people who know what they are doing (and know what I should be doing) so they can watch me screw up and then tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Levyne

Banned
Are you in the guild? Just ping guild chat for a dungeon run. AC (35 dungeon) runs will probably be happening anyways. SE (65 i think) is becoming more common and I like to do TA (55) too. You could do any of those.

scotcheggz

I'd be up for some dungeon ketch. I'm not experienced with them though. I still need 4 runs for my monthly and time is ticking! I'm Leifa or Eydis Kane in game, most likely I'll be on Eydis since I'm still levelling with that one.

Anno

Is there a rule on non-GAF people joining the guild? My cousin just started playing and is looking for a guild. He's a pretty experienced, laid back guy that I think would fit in well.

Levyne

Banned
Is there a rule on non-GAF people joining the guild? My cousin just started playing and is looking for a guild. He's a pretty experienced, laid back guy that I think would fit in well.

I'm pretty sure there isn't such a rule. Family and friends of gaffers is fine.

Trey

Only rules for non-Gaffers is that they abide by GAF rules while in GAFGuild. Tell him to message one of the guild officers for an invite.

Retro

Non-GAFers are welcome to join so long as they understand the guild follows GAF rules pretty closely; cursing is fine, hate-speech is not, don't be a dick, don't start drama. We're not exactly family-friendly, but we try to come down hard on crap like sexism, racism, homophobia, etc.

Non-GAFers are welcome to join so long as they understand the guild follows GAF rules pretty closely; cursing is fine, hate-speech is not, don't be a dick, don't start drama. We're not exactly family-friendly, but we try to come down hard on crap like sexism, racism, homophobia, etc.

Is the word cunt allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom