• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcteryx

what's the best/fastest/easiest way of getting globs of ectoplasm? I know salvaging rares will give them but what salvage kit should I use for the best chance? And what would be the easiest way to get rares? I did 2 fractal levels over the weekend and only got 2 rares, salvaged them both and no ecto :(

CoF. Do CoF out the whazzoo, especially if you have multiple 80 alts. Depending on how much time I have to play I usually do path 1/2 on 3 characters(takes maybe 30 minutes per character with a good group), which nets me at least 360 tokens(more with the little bags you get). Then go buy the 30 token heavy helm(for a chance at orich too), that ends up being ~8-12 ectos with the yellow(master) salvage kit, although sometimes you will get considerably less or more(fuuu RNG). On top of that you get ~40-60s per run minimum, so yea...good way to make some gold too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I always forget that the dungeon dailies are character based as well... Should at least do COF1 and SE1 with both of my mains during each session. It's like barely over a half hour for both runs.

So last night I worked out my support build for my Mesmer (I will be making a Control, Damage, and Support build for each of my 80s to swap between). I really couldn't figure out what direction to take it for the longest time, but I wasn't being creative enough. I had to rework my overall build slightly, and I lose out on my nifty AoE blind+confuse glamours and the fun of Illusionary Persona; but none of my three builds are pure shatter-based anyway and it makes my character a lot more versatile overall (this is a form of horizontal progression, btw...)

5 points out of Illusions and into Chaos and I get Illusionary Membrane (gain protection when you gain regeneration). Ordinarily a pretty weak minor trait unless relying on synergy with the "Phantasms have regen" trait. However, with Superior Runes of Dwayna, this becomes "gain protection and regen any time you heal." With Mantra of Healing (thanks Elazul!), this becomes "gain protection and regen every 10 seconds." Kitted out with new weapons with Sigils of Strength and Battle, I can get reliable 5-stacks of might at almost constant uptime, with more stacks added on by staff (Illusionary Elasticity) and shatter from Shattered Strength. Plus fury, swiftness, aegis, retaliation, and more regen and protection from staff skills. And the key to the support aspect- Signet of Inspiration lets me share all of this including duration with the party every 45 seconds. Protection alone can make a massive difference when all five of you have it for a few seconds.

Add in armor stats that pump survivability and I'm thrilled with the build. Playstyle is staying alive at all costs and helping the team stay alive longer while doing more damage as well.

To the pro mesmers out there, I have two questions though:

1) Is the +armor while activating mantras trait worthwhile? I'm using it now because I consider using my healing skill to be the core of this support build, and I can't do any support if I'm downed! I just don't know how it scales/if it's worth it at all.
2) Are there any extraordinarily good support utilities I might consider swapping out Mirror Images for? Null Field never leaves my bar, and SoI takes the second slot- but clone production isn't as important for me in this build as in my other two.

LkPr

EDIT: You are Lileath? Sorry about the CoF run not going yesterday. We could do AC tonight or I could help get you to fireheart.

Yah Lileath is my Ranger... no problem on the run last night :) honestly I got that char to lvl 80 and I've only searched 45% of the world map, so I have some catching up to do anyway. I haven't done any dungeons either but I want to start so I'm going to do some exploring. Was on briefly this AM and got to the second Charr area map, so I am going to continue working my way towards CoF.

Giard

To the pro mesmers out there, I have two questions though:

1) Is the +armor while activating mantras trait worthwhile? I'm using it now because I consider using my healing skill to be the core of this support build, and I can't do any support if I'm downed! I just don't know how it scales/if it's worth it at all.
2) Are there any extraordinarily good support utilities I might consider swapping out Mirror Images for? Null Field never leaves my bar, and SoI takes the second slot- but clone production isn't as important for me in this build as in my other two.
Nice build. I have a similar one, based around Mantra of Healing as well (might steal some of your ideas :p). I'm not a pro mesmer by any stretch, but I'll try answering your questions:

1) Survivability was never an issue for me, perhaps because I use Restorative Mantras. The only time I'm ever close to enemies is when I try to heal others using RM. I don't think the trait is worthwhile.
2) Feedback is simply amazing. Try it out. And if you use Restorative Mantras, Mantra of Pain can AOE heal for almost 3k every 7 seconds.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice build. I have a similar one, based around Mantra of Healing as well (might steal some of your ideas :p). I'm not a pro mesmer by any stretch, but I'll try answering your questions:

1) Survivability was never an issue for me, perhaps because I use Restorative Mantras. The only time I'm ever close to enemies is when I try to heal others using RM. I don't think the trait is worthwhile.
2) Feedback is simply amazing. Try it out.
Thanks for the response! I can't afford restorative mantras with this build, but that makes perfect sense. Screw that trait then, I'll look for something novel in the line. I could always go back to Debilitating Disappation, which is what I use with my confusion build.

I totally agree that survivability isn't much of an issue though. Even with my other build, clone production in and of itself is such a great tool for mitigating damage, it hardly seems fair. The added boons, frequent heals and stats from this build make it really tough to get my HP down.

Feedback is my favorite utility skill above all else. I use it on my Control and Dmg builds 100% of the time; but maybe I should keep it rather than Mirror Images when running support. After all, another opportunity for AoE Chaos Armor ties right into the "boons for everyone!" playstyle.

Giard

Thanks for the response! I can't afford restorative mantras with this build, but that makes perfect sense. Screw that trait then, I'll look for something novel in the line. I could always go back to Debilitating Disappation, which is what I use with my confusion build.

I totally agree that survivability isn't much of an issue though. Even with my other build, clone production in and of itself is such a great tool for mitigating damage, it hardly seems fair. The added boons, frequent heals and stats from this build make it really tough to get my HP down.

Feedback is my favorite utility skill above all else. I use it on my Control and Dmg builds 100% of the time; but maybe I should keep it rather than Mirror Images when running support. After all, another opportunity for AoE Chaos Armor ties right into the "boons for everyone!" playstyle.
Just checked, you can only get protection every 15 seconds from Illusionary Membrane... seems like they nerfed it.

Rune of Altruism could be a good choice instead of Dwayna, since Phantasms already give regeneration. You'd give out Fury and Might instead, although pretty much every class has easy access to Fury.

I was crushed on Friday when I learned you don't move locations on the WvW servers unless you change rank, I thought I was going to get that last 1 percent for World Completion :( This is dragging out too long... I finished all the jumping puzzles so besides that 1 percent, just want to complete the remaining dungeon story modes before I create my next character. Speaking of which, amazingly, a PUG group called out story for CoF which is the one I've been on forever, waiting for my punk friends to do it with. So, finally completed it and now am on CoE. I should probably do CoF path 3 though since it's the only one I haven't done and would get the achievement. Never see anyone wanting to do that path ever, though.

Yay, Mesmer chat. I think I'm going to be going for a high damage build, though. Most likely a clone factory shatter machine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just checked, you can only get protection every 15 seconds from Illusionary Membrane... seems like they nerfed it.

Rune of Altruism could be a good choice instead of Dwayna, since Phantasms already give regeneration. You'd give out Fury and Might instead.
Bummer; not that big a change, though. (Can proc every 15 seconds instead of 10).

Your phantasms give regeneration ;) I have literally 0 points in Inspiration. Altruism sounds like it would be perfect for your support build though, which would almost definitely wind up being a better overall support build than mine (I'm mainly specced for condition damage and crits).

That said, I can reliably produce fury and big stacks of might to spread around just with Staff and Shattered Strength :)

edit: Oh, and my Sigils, which I specifically chose for this (Battle and Strength)

I was crushed on Friday when I learned you don't move locations on the WvW servers unless you change rank, I thought I was going to get that last 1 percent for World Completion :( This is dragging out too long... I finished all the jumping puzzles so besides that 1 percent, just want to complete the remaining dungeon story modes before I create my next character. Speaking of which, amazingly, a PUG group called out story for CoF which is the one I've been on forever, waiting for my punk friends to do it with. So, finally completed it and now am on CoE. I should probably do CoF path 3 though since it's the only one I haven't done and would get the achievement. Never see anyone wanting to do that path ever, though.

Yay, Mesmer chat. I think I'm going to be going for a high damage build, though. Most likely a clone factory shatter machine.
I need COF3 too! Up for it anytime.

Those builds seem crazy fun. Do not miss out on Illusionary Persona.

Giard

Bummer; not that big a change, though. (Can proc every 15 seconds instead of 10).

Your phantasms give regeneration ;) I have literally 0 points in Inspiration. Altruism sounds like it would be perfect for your support build though, which would almost definitely wind up being a better overall support build than mine (I'm mainly specced for condition damage and crits).

That said, I can reliably produce fury and big stacks of might to spread around just with Staff and Shattered Strength :)

Ahhh, I thought for sure you would've put at least 10 or 15 points. Glamour Mastery is pretty good. Could you link your build?

Complistic

Well then. I was doing a fractal 10 with some pugs, someone loses connection and disconnects. Unfortunately we couldn't get a 5th man since apparently you can't connect to a group running a different version of the game than you are.

Anyway we managed to complete the dredge fractal and jade with 4 people. Hooray!

Scum

I could do with some runes. Will [Rune of the Mad King] or [Rune of the Afflicted] be a good choice for my conditions Staff wielding Mesmer? I'm tempted...

Levyne

Banned
CoF 3 is pretty annoying but only due to some insta-death traps. The annoying part is there's no way (afaik) to shut them off and there are flame turrets/charr/champ on the other end so sometimes those that make it end up in combat and the ones dead can't retry.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ahhh, I thought for sure you would've put at least 10 or 15 points. Glamour Mastery is pretty good. Could you link your build?
Sure. It's pretty unusual though, by no means should it be taken as "ideal" or "maximum efficiency."
I play for fun which is very very disturbing to some theorycrafters
I do wish I could get glamour mastery, it owns.

But actually... what's the go-to build calculator these days? All the ones I'm looking at are crazy outdated!
I could do with some runes. Will [Rune of the Mad King] or [Rune of the Afflicted] be a good choice for my conditions Staff wielding Mesmer? I'm tempted...
Mad King- absolutely not. The 6 effect is only worthwhile if you can trigger it with a complimentary elite, relatively rapidly. The Mesmer elites make it either way too long cooldown, or literally would keep the elite from working (Mass Invis).

But there are tons of good runes for condition damage mesmers!

Ch-ch-check it out

Giard

Sure. It's pretty unusual though, by no means should it be taken as "ideal" or "maximum efficiency."

But actually... what's the go-to build calculator these days? All the ones I'm looking at are crazy outdated!
I play for fun too, don't worry. I actually have no idea what build calculator is used these days :lol

Mad King- absolutely not. The 6 effect is only worthwhile if you can trigger it with a complimentary elite, relatively rapidly. The Mesmer elites make it either way too long cooldown, or literally would keep the elite from working (Mass Invis).

Ch-ch-check it out
I wish there was something around confusion. Rune of the Undead is not too shabby I guess, but still, they all seem pretty weak compared to support runes like Dwayna.

Scum

Ch-ch-check it out

Cheers. Off to have a look. :D

Bah school work is getting in the way of GW2. I'll probably sign back on in a week or two. Dont kick me from the guild!

Oh how do you deal with fucking Confusion? I've had my character die from autoattack not canceling itself on Confusion. :(

etiolate

Banned
Per Mesmer:

1. Armor while casting Mantras doesn't feel like a big deal to me. Not worth it to me.
2. Echoing Feedback. It provides your party access to Chaos Armor and confusion stacks via projectile finishers, along with the reflection of an entire area.

Not sure what to suggest as a runeset for a support Mes.

I do normally trigger Signet of Inspiration after popping Chaos Storm and Chaos Armor on Staff. This way I always share Protection plus whatever else Storm puts upon me (if placed on top of myself.) I wish the range on SoI was wider though. Ditto for the healing on Mantra trait.

edit: Oh lord, I didn't mean to make a pun with echoing feedback.

I need COF3 too! Up for it anytime.

Those builds seem crazy fun. Do not miss out on Illusionary Persona.

Nice, I'll have to get your username and we can try and snag a few more people to run it with.

I forget what Illusionary Persona is, will have to look it up. I'll probably have plenty of mes questions once I create the character but I'm reading up a lot on it as time permits as well. There never seems to be a consensus on best build right now for it though, everyone swaps out what another recommends. I know you guys love figuring the builds out, but I just want to plug in and learn to beast! haha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alright, this'll do, check ze traits.

So my Mesmer is 0-30-15-0-25; I switch the traits to switch builds, I never respec (until they add templates this is how I'm doing all my characters).

Control Build
Scepter/Sword (Sigils of Corruption/Energy)
Sword/Torch (Sigils of Strength/Force)
Centaur Rune (12s Swiftness on Heal)

This is my everyday, mass confusion build. I confuse all the things! This is what I use out in the open world- note, I'm not using a focus, so really the primary function of the Rune is to make up for how damn slow Mesmers are. With Mirror I only have 3 seconds of downtime without swiftness at any time. I'll swap Mirror for Ether Feast in Dungeons.

Support Build
Staff (Sigil of Battle)
Sword/Sword (Sigils of Strength/Energy)
Dwayna Rune (Regeneration+Protection on Heal).

This is the build we've been talking about, focused on staying alive and spreading ze boons around. While looking at the calculator I decided to try something out, since I'm ditching that +armor mantras trait. There's an interesting trait synergy with Blurred Inscriptions and Masterful Distortion. Basically now when I use Signet of Inspiration I become a totally invincible reflecty-face for a second. I'll have to see how it works in practice but I think it definitely fits in with my build. Note I've swapped the heal for the Mantra- despite the bummer that I have to wait 15s instead of the 10 I thought, it's still amazing- proc on the mantra prepare, wait 15s, instant proc on heal 1, wait 15s, instant proc on heal 2. It's great seeing boons I barely ever got before (regen and protection) all the time now, and landing a big boon "spike" to the whole party with the signet is incredibly satisfying.

edit: Yup, I swapped out Mirror Images for Feedback with this. Thanks etiolate... etiolate... etiolate... (this is an echo pun.)

The Dwayna rune is really perfect for what I'm going for. Reliable protection for the whole team is delicious!

I haven't finished my damage build yet. When I do I'll link to it too (and make a pretty chart graphic like I did for my thief).
Bah school work is getting in the way of GW2. I'll probably sign back on in a week or two. Dont kick me from the guild!

Oh how do you deal with fucking Confusion? I've had my character die from autoattack not canceling itself on Confusion. :(
Sheathing your weapons stops autoattack. Pretty advanced stuff here though, most players do exactly what happened to you, to my glorious amusement :D
Squall said:
I forget what Illusionary Persona is, will have to look it up.
When you Shatter, the shatter happens on you, too.

Scum

Mesmers FTW!

Oh right, the self shatter trait. My only issue is that you have to sink 30 pts in that trait to get it and I'd rather use some points elsewhere but if that particular ability ends up being worth it (and it very well might if I'm really going to shatter town) then I certainly would consider it.
I'll be interested in seeing your damage build when you come up with it. Right now I'm thinking sword/focus and GS. I've seen a lot of damage builds go sword/pistol but I'd like to have that speed skill, portal, and the warden you get with the focus.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For heavy shatter builds, Illusionary Persona is almost a default choice. You have to consider all the benefits- extra stacks of confusion, extra chance to critical with Mind Wrack, extra second of distortion, extract stack of Defiant stripped- in addition to the simple added damage. However, there are plenty of ways to get great DPS out of a Mesmer without going full shatter (though again, shatter builds are fuuuuun).

edit: Also remember the points in Illusions are reducing your Shatter skill cooldowns. It's basically a foregone 30 points for Shatter builds.

My damage build will almost definitely be Greatsword+Sword/Pistol. I'll be treating my phantasms as valued members of my business team. For whatever reason, awesome as the Focus skills are, it just didn't mesh with me. Into the Void is one of the most hilarious skills in the game though.

By the time I go to the menu and click [disable autoattack] I'd be dead... and that battle will be over.

As for sheathing weapons to stop it, I think I never use that button so I dont have it keybound.

Ctrl + Left Click on the 1 skill should turn off auto attack if I'm remembering correctly. You can also just click on the ground anywhere, provided you don't have some sort of sticky targeting activated.

etiolate

Banned
That Chef website reminds me, are the Tray of... recipes only rare drops? They go for like 12-18g a piece on the trading post. I was going to make some on my guardian before I realized the cost of the recipe.

For heavy shatter builds, Illusionary Persona is almost a default choice. You have to consider all the benefits- extra stacks of confusion, extra chance to critical with Mind Wrack, extra second of distortion, extract stack of Defiant stripped- in addition to the simple added damage. However, there are plenty of ways to get great DPS out of a Mesmer without going full shatter (though again, shatter builds are fuuuuun).

edit: Also remember the points in Illusions are reducing your Shatter skill cooldowns. It's basically a foregone 30 points for Shatter builds.

My damage build will almost definitely be Greatsword+Sword/Pistol. I'll be treating my phantasms as valued members of my business team. For whatever reason, awesome as the Focus skills are, it just didn't mesh with me. Into the Void is one of the most hilarious skills in the game though.

Seems like shatterer is the way to go for DPS damage from what I've read. Greatsword does more damage the further away from the opponent you are, but shatter on self sounds like you need to be near the enemy. So only use it when on sword/? I'm also seeing some people say you can go full berserker and survive just fine as the mes glass cannon isn't as squishy as the ele version but others say you want toughness and vit on gear to survive and to just make the accessories beserk. What's your experience?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seems like shatterer is the way to go for DPS damage from what I've read. Greatsword does more damage the further away from the opponent you are, but shatter on self sounds like you need to be near the enemy. So only use it when on sword/? I'm also seeing some people say you can go full berserker and survive just fine as the mes glass cannon isn't as squishy as the ele version but others say you want toughness and vit on gear to survive and to just make the accessories beserk. What's your experience?
Suvivability is definitely less of a concern for Mesmers than Eles. There are just a lot more chances to stay alive regardless of armor/vit/toughness. That said, as in my support build above, sometimes you want a bit more of a cushion- want to be the one who has the best chance of not going down when multiple people get hit with something. For a DPS build, though, just go glass cannon armorwise. My accessories are Carrion/Rampager (I don't swap them per build) but Zerkers would certainly make you more of a DPS machine.

And yeah- greatsword isn't ideal for a pure shatter build with IP. Probably sword/whichever offhand gives you the fastest clone + Staff or scepter. It'd be all about getting up to 3 clones as quickly as possible. You can shatter during Blurred Frenzy :D

Hawkian, lemme know if you find out about those healing runes and the medkit toolbelt skill.

I wouldn't mind eventually saving up for a set of armor with those healing runes (or whatever), and popping my heal skill/switching medkit. Seems like it'd be useful for dungeon/fractals.

Suvivability is definitely less of a concern for Mesmers than Eles. There are just a lot more chances to stay alive regardless of armor/vit/toughness. That said, as in my support build above, sometimes you want a bit more of a cushion- want to be the one who has the best chance of not going down when multiple people get hit with something. For a DPS build, though, just go glass cannon armorwise. My accessories are Carrion/Rampager (I don't swap them per build) but Zerkers would certainly make you more of a DPS machine.

And yeah- greatsword isn't ideal for a pure shatter build with IP. Probably sword/whichever offhand gives you the fastest clone + Staff or scepter. It'd be all about getting up to 3 clones as quickly as possible. You can shatter during Blurred Frenzy :D

Yeah I was planning on going glass cannon, most fun for me is doing massive damage. I just want to be less squishy and a Mes is compared to the ele I'm used to. I'll be shooting for all zerk. I'm going to keep greatsword in, it's the one common theme I've seen in every single dps build. Usually sword is the other with the offhand being the only interchangeable decision with focus and pistol being the most common choices. I've seen a fair bit of staff secondary with the GS as well for players that want more defense. Sounds like I should be able to just change to sword/focus for the IP use and the create clone on dodge should allow for quick clones. Which reminds me, how many clones can you have out at once, max? My buddy thought only 3 but I cold have sworn I read someone on reddit say they've shattered 6 at once before.

Katoki

Yeah I was planning on going glass cannon, most fun for me is doing massive damage. I just want to be less squishy and a Mes is compared to the ele I'm used to. I'll be shooting for all zerk. I'm going to keep greatsword in, it's the one common theme I've seen in every single dps build. Usually sword is the other with the offhand being the only interchangeable decision with focus and pistol being the most common choices. I've seen a fair bit of staff secondary with the GS as well for players that want more defense. Sounds like I should be able to just change to sword/focus for the IP use and the create clone on dodge should allow for quick clones. Which reminds me, how many clones can you have out at once, max? My buddy thought only 3 but I cold have sworn I read someone on reddit say they've shattered 6 at once before.

The three circles next to F1-F4 indicate how many clones/illusions/phantasms you have up at a given time. If you were to go over the 3, the oldest one would be overwritten and dissipates (for lack of a better term for the animation). The max you should be able to shatter is 3+1, the single one being yourself in melee range. Anything over three should always be overwritten by the newest one unless something is/was broken.

All berserker+shatter build works really well from my experience. Great upfront damage with a constant stream of shatters. It'll survive a hit here and there long as you immediately heal but don't expect to take much more than that and walk away.

Taffer

Keybind dat though! Outside of that usage it just looks cool :p

I automatically hit the sheathe weapon key the instant the fight is over, it just feels ace. It's also good to stack conditions on your enemy, put your weapon away and watch them die with no further effort on your part.

Retro

They may have changed this since Beta and I've just been seeing it psychologically, but I believe you run a little faster with your weapons stowed.

Katoki

What weapons do you use? Now I'm seeing that Osicat guy saying he uses s/p and staff. Man, too many ways to go with this! haha

I loved sword/sword + great sword with a 20/10/0/0/25(or 30) build. If not going all the way into the shatter tree to self shatter while in melee as sword/sword, the extra 5 points can be thrown where ever it may benefit the GS the most. The thing was that my accessories weren't focused so it allowed me some vit/toughness to melee with a full berserker set so it was okay but it still required just as much attention (and usage of everything sword/sword provides).

The staff is definitely a control/condition weapon, which is why it pairs so well with sword/pistol and scepter/pistol to a lesser extent. I don't personally like the scepter as it feels/looks clunky it is pretty useful for a condition build. It works well with sword/pistol for the precision tree trait where phantasms bleed on critical hits and all that.

The scepter/torch combination I could see working mostly in PvP settings. Other than that, I find it really hard to recommend the torch for PvE. You might have to ask Hawkian what he thinks since he's really good at thinking outside of the box. I just like numbers, light effects, and not dying.

They may have changed this since Beta and I've just been seeing it psychologically, but I believe you run a little faster with your weapons stowed.

If anything, I'd assume its because the animations are more fluid with the weapons sheathed. It's pretty noticeable as a thief but I haven't been paying attention to if I actually ran faster or not sheathed/unsheathed. I do know that I feel slower with a short bow out as the bow is slanted to a side while the character runs forward since the torso is pretty much shifted a bit to whichever side it was.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hahaha, you don't run faster with your weapons sheated, but if you've sheathed your weapons it's a good chance you're about to become out of combat, which will speed you up.

Re: Torch- as much fun as it is, it's limited to builds that rely heavily on confusion, Chaos Armor, or both. You can do awesome stuff with it with mainhand sword... Throw down Feedback, dodge into it to make first clone, iLeap (giving you both Chaos Armor), Phantasmal Mage, then hit The Prestige with all three clones up... let them do their thing, then blast AoE Chaos Armor on everything, hit Blurred Frenzy and Shatter as it's about to end. Feels awesome. It's also nice to have a blast finisher on hand for niche uses, and Dodging then hitting The Prestige works as a makeshift Decoy to get through/away from trouble, too.

It's very limited, though. Definitely, definitely not recommended for a pure damage/shatter build.

Engineer is probably the class for me. I got a bit bored of flamethrower, decided to go bomb kit. Then later went to nades. Then some elixers. If they didn't suck so bad I'd even use turrets every now and then.

Nothing better than hitting a craft groove, and being able to just craft and craft and craft with limited stopping.

I also probably need a guide on cooking. I'm lacking one or more ingredients and am stuck at level 43 :(

Or maybe I just need to give up on discovery for a bit.

Tarazet

Nothing better than hitting a craft groove, and being able to just craft and craft and craft with limited stopping.

I also probably need a guide on cooking. I'm lacking one or more ingredients and am stuck at level 43 :(

Or maybe I just need to give up on discovery for a bit.

I've noticed that it's really easy to get stuck with 1-2 points to go to the next tier of craftables, if you don't save your discoveries for the right time and place.

I've noticed that it's really easy to get stuck with 1-2 points to go to the next tier of craftables, if you don't save your discoveries for the right time and place.

I typically just do discovery as much as possible until I can no longer find new things. Then I craft whatever shows up yellow until I hit the next level. Dunno if that's the best way to go about it, but that's what I enjoy doing.

Trey

I typically just do discovery as much as possible until I can no longer find new things. Then I craft whatever shows up yellow until I hit the next level. Dunno if that's the best way to go about it, but that's what I enjoy doing.

If you're interested in optimal craft leveling guides, this is a good one.

Otherwise, just keep doing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom