• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

So with this patch we have:

-5 Guild Mission types
-New Guild Influence rewards
-Guild Merit rewards
-Personal Guild rewards
-All AC bosses redone
-Some world bosses redone
-Fixed a bug with loot credit on high HP mobs
-Living Story is going to progress in a big way post-prelude
-New sPvP map
-New rated sPvP system
-Preview items on the TP
-Choose your own Daily Achievements with an aim to have many unique achievements to choose from with very little overlap throughout the month.
-Change to WvW where only when 25+ people are trying to take an objective will you see the orange crossed swords on the map so that smaller groups are able to sneak around and capture things without worry of a giant zerg rolling them within 2 min of sneezing on a gate. (that was one hell of a run on sentence but eh)

This is only what we know. There was a lot of stuff in the Jan patch that we had no idea was even coming and that patch was considered small by ANet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We know of at least one WvW tweak that will occur in this patch too (the <25 person battles will no longer show indicators on map thing).

I also read that a ton of guild missions will be available in Southsun Cove, which almost bears mentioning separately, since it's such an open canvas right now. I have no confirmation but I highly suspect a few DEs will be added to it in concert with this.

Jira

We know of at least one WvW tweak that will occur in this patch too (the <25 person battles will no longer show indicators on map thing).

I also read that a ton of guild missions will be available in Southsun Cove, which almost bears mentioning separately, since it's such an open canvas right now. I have no confirmation but I highly suspect a few DEs will be added to it in concert with this.

That was kinda taken out of context. All that was meant by it was that at least one guild mission will be in SSC which we now know to be a Guild Challenge based on the video. I'll add the WvW thing which I had forgot about.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That was kinda taken out of context. All that was meant by it was that at least one guild mission will be in SSC which we now know to be a Guild Challenge based on the video. I'll add the WvW thing which I had forgot about.
gd25jvS.png

Is it acceptable for me to go out on a limb and interpret "a bunch" as "more than one?" :p

edit: Man that guy/gal has obviously never used Feedback on a Karka.

Tarazet

Shortbow thief is pretty great at this.

Yeah.. rolled one and saw that shortbow spec has 3 different ground-targeted abilities plus a resource-generation mechanic. Not my bag, since ground target abilities turn off your auto-attack and targeting is kind of a pain. I much prefer dealing with cooldowns and projectile attacks, so I'll be sticking with a ranger.

I'll probably do a longbow/shortbow Quick Draw spec. Shortbow has amazing control, but the damage output is really, really bad. Longbow solves that problem.

Katoki

Yeah.. rolled one and saw that shortbow spec has 3 different ground-targeted abilities plus a resource-generation mechanic. Not my bag, since ground target abilities turn off your auto-attack and targeting is kind of a pain. I much prefer dealing with cooldowns and projectile attacks, so I'll be sticking with a ranger.

I'll probably do a longbow/shortbow Quick Draw spec. Shortbow has amazing control, but the damage output is really, really bad. Longbow solves that problem.

Elaborate?

Having to position the circle is indeed inconvenient sometimes... especially when you're kiting. Harhar.

Having to position the circle is indeed inconvenient sometimes... especially when you're kiting. Harhar.
That's why I roll with the one-click AoE option. You have to get used to knowing how big your aoe is without a graphic to show it, but activation is a bit quicker.

Trey

Only cause all the puss in boots wvwvw types flocked to it before xfers closed.

But its still fun >.<

I went to JQ along with the other "puss in boots," but have been thinking of transferring back to SBI when I "get serious" about WvWing.

The battles are intense though.

markot

Banned
Each guild mission type becomes available through an upgrade that is researched in the guild tech tree. The first one is Guild Bounties, which does require Art of War level 5.

Giard

Each guild mission type becomes available through an upgrade that is researched in the guild tech tree. The first one is Guild Bounties, which does require Art of War level 5.

My tiny guild has Politics 4, Economy 3 and Architecture 3 ... but Art of War 0. :(

markot

Banned
Im only lvl 35 and no one wants to do AC story mode so I cant get my precious monthly >_<

Also the lfg system in this game needs to have one.

etiolate

Banned

Where's this from?

That's not something doable for small guilds. I have a small guild of my own for real life friends and the highest we have any research is level 3.

Proven

I'd have to assume that all of the Guild Missions will take at least level 3 in a track. I'm glad Art of War is getting more love, honestly.

xeris

Im only lvl 35 and no one wants to do AC story mode so I cant get my precious monthly >_<

Also the lfg system in this game needs to have one.

If you don't mind me asking, why does it have to be AC story? At 35 you can do AC explore as well.

I dont know >.< ive never done a dungeon but I want the monthly!
Join an AC explore run if you're having difficulty forming a story group. AC explore runs occur regularly throughout the day. You aren't required to finish story mode first, and explorable Path 2 is easier to boot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you don't mind me asking, why does it have to be AC story? At 35 you can do AC explore as well.
Really shouldn't take much time to find either one on gw2lfg. And just so people in-guild know, AC Story is still great money even though you don't get tokens. Bring a raspberry peach bar ;) Also dungeons are the best sort of XP in the game, so it's a great way to level alts.

For guild events, remember that you don't have to be in the group that initiates or even part of the guild that initiates an event to participate. Keep guesting in mind, too. So the upgrade/influemce requirements are a limiting factor much like the invisible timers are for the regular dynamic and meta events in-game.

That said, so many people are complaining about it on behalf of smaller guilds, I wouldn't be surprised if some events are given more lax guild upgrade requirements in the future.

Ketch

No it's not. Ketch took his level 57 character through AC today. Plenty of guild members take lower level characters.

Yea and it was pretty easy too.... Although I'm sure you guys just pulled me through. I remember AC being a pain in the past. Kinda like the TA run we did later.

But doing both runs I gained 3 levels and made enough gold for the level 60 trait book.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
And don't forget, our Dear Leader will be leading the investigation of Toxal Bog in just under three hours! Hopefully I'll be able to attend as well :D

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This trend of reading something about awesome sounding updates and features that end up to be either boring, unobtainable for me, simply not usable as hoped or consist of 1 hour of gameplay is really off-putting.

Server visits: Was hyped as fuck, turns out to be non international, no use at all.
New daily/monthly achievements and laurels: Amazing, finally new stuff to do. Aaaand it's the same stuff every day with oh so few variations. Bored again after a week. The stuff you can get for Laurels? Nah, don't even care for that anymore.
Living Story: Wow, sounds amazing. What do I do? Oh, 2 huge fetch quests. Well.
Guild missions: Yay new content. Oh, but you need a huge ass WvW guild, forget to play with
your silly handful of friends.

Well at least Wintersday was fun. Kind of. The Bell Choir thingy was neat, while it lasted.

This game really keeps kicking my balls the moment I get up to shake hands with it. No idea why I still didn't uninstall yet.

etiolate

Banned
I really don't understand the first guild mission being behind level 5 of Art of War. This should be designed like stepping stones towards grander progression, but Art of War 5 is not a stepping stone. It's a huge leap.

Also, don't uninstall games you'll just end up reinstalling later. Such a waste of time. >|

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm not so sure what Arena.net is thinking TBH. Here's hoping they fix it due to the massive amount of complaints they are rightfully recieving for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom