• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
People who have tested this have said the only hurdle for small guilds is like the initial influence amount. They can be done with five people.
Definitely, definitely not all of them. Seems like guild rushes in particular actually have a hard line of "need 15 people to finish to complete" or something, and the guild challenges are just hard enough to need a large group (stationing seperate parties at different choke points for defense, etc.).

That said, some of them definitely do seem like they can be done with groups of ~5. It seems like the influence costs are both limiting factors for frequency and also an indicator of potential difficulty, but I think everyone would like it if cheaper, easier content was added down the line to cater to smaller guilds, too.

Cels

Damn, so 30k for Tier 1, 50k for each of Tiers 2 and 3. And there are multiple types of missions you have to unlock too? Good lord.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well... you don't "have to" do any of it. :p

It doesn't seem like they're meant to be unlocked all at once, but something to work toward with your guild over time, earning influence toward the next tier or type by completing the missions you do have unlocked. I think it's a legitimate concern that it will take much longer for small guilds than for big guilds to unlock everything, but it's clear that most of the missions in this first batch are geared toward large-scale encounters for bigger guilds. Especially when you consider how nuts the last tier of bounties alone seems to be, that just seems to be the thrust of this content.

But it's a solid framework to expand upon and I think everyone would like to see simpler, easier-to-access content for small guilds too.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, we dont know exactly how it all works yet, but it seems it would be fairest/best to try to schedule certain times to do events. Not sayingg a hard weekly thing, but giving a ~day's heads up in this thread or something.

Maybe

Hawkian will like this quote from Rober Hrouda (the ANET Dungeon Designer)

That being said…
Subject Alpha is a tough cooky for sure. We have some cool plans for him in the future. When we are looking at bosses our intent is not to nerf them – but to make them a more enjoyable experience while keeping up with the challenge that we want our explorable dungeons to be.
One of the more interesting concepts I have for Subject Alpha is that every encounter with him is different, and that he has a wide array of abilities that he selects from before each fight randomly, resulting in a lot of dynamic play, and resulting in subject Alpha having tons of possible builds that he could randomly select from or morph into as the fight progresses.

I can't wait to see who much the AC bosses have changed. Can't wait to see what else he has in store for the other dungeons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
*dynamically morphing Subject Alpha*
Droooool. I think Hrouda has really good instincts in general. I love hearing him talk about Arah like making it easier would be akin to crippling his own child (although there does seem to be a fair consensus on Path 4 being teh broke).
Yeah, we dont know exactly how it all works yet, but it seems it would be fairest/best to try to schedule certain times to do events. Not sayingg a hard weekly thing, but giving a ~day's heads up in this thread or something.

Maybe
I definitely agree, I think we should schedule them just like our in-house events (the turnout for which has been really wonderful so far). Not at all a recurring/weekly/every [x] sort of deal, as that would be too much like a responsibility for guildies, and exclude everyone who was always unavailable about that time. But definitely a selected date and time with a handful of days' advance notice so people can plan on it, and there will always be "next time" if you can't make it to one.

What do you guys think about creating a poll of GAFGuild.com every Monday of the week when we plan to do a guild mission, asking people which day that weekend or that week would work best for them, and then we try and choose the day that has the most votes?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
"Most cases" aahahahahah

I'm sure Kristen put that in specifically to piss me off but STILL
Hawkian said:
I think I'm probably out of step both with the silent majority and the vocal minority on some things. For example, if I had to pick one thing I wanted ANet to change it would be to fix the "try to pick something up and keep running forward" bug.
WOOHOOO!

Initial snipped goodies:
Added new rewards to the laurels vendors in all major cities.
Mmmm curious!
The amount of experience given for completion of daily and monthly achievements has been increased.
Alts am happy!
You can now select which achievements are tracked on the right hand side of the screen through the Achievement tab on the Hero panel.
Aw yeah UI buffs!
Increased the loot rewards on many world boss chests, including the chests in Orr temples and the dragon chests.
Mmmmm loots!
Introduced five new stat combos on Ascended Rings and Amulets, which can be found in the usual locations for these items.
Hells yeah!
Changed the way monsters react to players using stealth.
What the hell is that supposed to mean!
Banner art on existing guild upgrades has been updated.
Totally unnecessary but sure okay!

etiolate

Banned
People who have tested this have said the only hurdle for small guilds is like the initial influence amount. They can be done with five people.

Makes sense. The influence hurdle is still a major concern. The difficulty should be in the doing of the content and not in the gaining of access to the content. At least this should be so for the initial content.

The content itself looks fun, but their handling of the presentation and access to the content looks like a mistake. (THIS IS WHY YOU NEED PTS ANET)

Also, please no more currency types ANet and let us buy Ascended at high prices of Karma. Karma is such a universal "earned" currency that it would be the most logical way to give everyone access to getting Ascended items.

Levyne

Banned
The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable: Reduced the amount of healing Simin does while she is stealthed.
Fixed a bug with Giganticus Lupicus resetting combat immediately after players stealth.
Story: Fixed an issue where creatures would not spawn during the fight with Zhaitan.

Simin fix, sorta? Still have to rely of enemy path finding to move the orbs, meh.

And is the Zhaitan fight finally as it is supposed to be? You have to fire at him while dealing with other enemies? Took long enough.

Cels

Well... you don't "have to" do any of it. :p

It doesn't seem like they're meant to be unlocked all at once, but something to work toward with your guild over time, earning influence toward the next tier or type by completing the missions you do have unlocked. I think it's a legitimate concern that it will take much longer for small guilds than for big guilds to unlock everything, but it's clear that most of the missions in this first batch are geared toward large-scale encounters for bigger guilds. Especially when you consider how nuts the last tier of bounties alone seems to be, that just seems to be the thrust of this content.

But it's a solid framework to expand upon and I think everyone would like to see simpler, easier-to-access content for small guilds too.

yeah we should work toward it slowly. and bring back guild buffs while we're at it.

etiolate

Banned
Acid Bomb: This ability is now a blast finisher at the start of the ability.
Super Elixir: Now detonates properly underwater.
Super Elixir: Increased impact base healing as well as scaling with healing power by 100%. Increased base heal multiplier by 50% and healing power scaling by 100%.
Flame Blast: This ability is now able to be detonated by a secondary ability.
Flame Blast Detonate: This new ability will detonate the napalm ball that is launched by Flame Blast.
Air Blast: This ability now extends burning duration of enemies that are already burning by 2 seconds.
Flame Jet: This ability now deals an extra 10% damage to burning enemies.

Big buffs to my Engineer build. I thought Flame Blast already had a detonate though?

Kit Refinement: This trait now has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds globally for Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, Grenade Kit, and Tool Kit.

Nooooo my aoe spam =(

The Prestige: This ability is no longer channeled and will automatically detonate 3 seconds after the ability is used.

Eh I'd rather they make the blast triggerable, but I'm glad I'm not stuck in that channel phase. Now they need to make torch's Phantasm actually benefit from traits.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Simin fix, sorta? Still have to rely of enemy path finding to move the orbs, meh.

And is the Zhaitan fight finally as it is supposed to be? You have to fire at him while dealing with other enemies? Took long enough.
Wow, did not expect a Simin fix yet. I never got to try it the "facesmashingly frustrating" way ;_;

And holy shit at Zhaitan. I still haven't "really" beaten it (done Arah Story twice but my characters aren't at their 80 story quests) so I am quite psyched. Seemed like they were going to leave it like that forever. That was the most inexplicable and disappointing fight in recent memory, and the dungeon is damn solid otherwise.
yeah we should work toward it slowly. and bring back guild buffs while we're at it.
Definitely agreed. We just wanted an influence stockpile to be able to unlock something right away (the "new hotness" effect), but expect guild buffs to resume and a slower burn for the unlocking of the rest of the missions.
Eh I'd rather they make the blast triggerable, but I'm glad I'm not stuck in that channel phase. Now they need to make torch's Phantasm actually benefit from traits.
Omg, they keep buffing The Prestige for me. Now you can revive during the stealth from it (something I forgot that you couldn't do EVERY SINGLE TIME before. It just felt like it should work!)

Giard

They didn't fix the helicopter bug in Arah story mode ._.
And it seems I can no longer do the Frozen Maw 10 times a day. Awww.

SirKhalid

I have been playing a lot of gw2 recently, could I get a guild invite to join you guys? I would love to try out guild mission.

My id is Khalid.6345.

Thanks

Big buffs to my Engineer build. I thought Flame Blast already had a detonate though?

Nooooo my aoe spam =(

I do like the engineer buffs. I don't really run 100nade/kit refinement anymore but it sucks that they nerfed it. Nice buff to elixir u.

I see that they made ac 2 harder at the kholer part, but I'm not sure how hard it is now. The changes to arah make me want to run explorable on it now. I like the new event setup where chests don't drop after you did it once, since I ran maw twice today lol. I like the changes in this patch, and hopefully next week get to dive into the new parts of the living story.

Also i really like the change where melee weapons can hit inanimate objects better lol.

Overall i give this patch two thumbs up

Giard

I'll ask for another invite as well. I got kicked out of the GAF Guild a couple of months ago for some reason. Can't do any guild missions with only friends.
Giard.6498

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
More snips:
Fixed a bug on certain world boss chests that was causing them to drop fewer rewards than intended. These chests can now only be looted once per day, to encourage players to fight multiple bosses and spread out across the world.
This will break up the Frozen Maw farming, but I wonder... it seems to me that for them to impose such a harsh restriction, the reward amounts must really have been bugged significantly. Maybe wishful thinking ;)
Daily achievement tracker now preserves expansion state.
Such a subtle quality of life thing, but this is huge for me.
Fixed a bug that caused loot chests to spawn incorrectly during group play. Loot chests are now created for items of rarity “rare” and above.
Great change. Now you know exactly what those leetle chests mean, and they mean LOOTS.
Fixed a bug where backpack pieces on players in transformations would render at an incorrect location.
Daw no more giant plush quaggans on the floor.
Lesser air elementals now have legs and a tail.
o.o
Timberline Falls: Fixed a bug in the “Partake in the moot” region so that passed-out drunks should no longer enter a comatose state where they ignore being splashed by water.
Okay, had literally no idea that was a bug.
Renamed rare armors from Dungeon reward vendors to appropriately reflect their models.
Hah. Someone tell me what they're called now?
Fixed a number of Mystic Forge recipes that had a chance of returning nothing. Zommoros apologizes for his thievery.
Crafty Zommoros.
Increased the drop rate of exotics in the profession gear boxes sold by laurel vendors.
Ranger gear boxes no longer drop rifles.
Looks like those might be a more viable way to gear up now.

AC:
Additional ghostly allies will now join Kholer during his encounter.
Ohhh shit.
Rebalanced the graveling dungeon army to make them more interesting and fun to fight.
Everything is a scavenger now? ;)
Revamped the Ghost Eater fight to include Detha’s traps.
She has to build them herself!!!!
Explorable mode: Fixed a trap in the hallway from the room with the spider queen to the central chamber so that the trap will now turn off properly.
Huh. Always figured that was intended.

CoE:
Added a safety net for players who die in lava at the boss fight with the Evolved Destroyer so that they will be teleported to a safe location to be resurrected.
That's a major nerf to that fight. Path three MIGHT be the easiest path now, depending on whether or not that has as much impact as I think it will.

TA:
Explorable: Added and modified existing waypoints.
Oh god fucking finally. This might be what I want to try first.

HotW:
Explorable: Fixed an issue where Honor’s Claw would repeat himself when speaking of his lost sons. He has since overcome his grief and will carry on to the fight against the minions of Jormag without stuttering.
<3 (I assume "NO NO NO" is still in effect.)

Some pretty grand class balance changes in here, too... looks like mostly everybody got buffs! Everybody loves buffs. Necro changes look straight beast. My heart aches for the Ride the Lightning recharge though.
The celebration mode of Evon Gnashblade&#8217;s Box o&#8217; Fun now has a chance to give the Dancing Spirit buff. This buff grants the character temporary access to three short dances. These dances will take up the utility slots on the skill bar, and when they are activated, your character will perform some new dance moves. The Dancing Spirit buff lasts 10 minutes, but entering combat removes the buff.
New dances you say...

Levyne

Banned
I wonder if people will be more inclined to skip Kholer now when doing AC runs.

Probably....he's really not (or wasn't) hard. Last two runs I did (retro was there, forget who else) we didn't even bother to pull him away from his help, just fought him at the top of the stairs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can't believe I'm not going to get to be a part of the Ascalonian Catacombs Expeditionary Spelunker's Force tonight :'[

Levyne

Banned
jWcz7E8lSX18X.png

Jira

Some info from Anthony Ordon in regards to Guild Missions:

When your guild activates a bounty mission, it will be displayed in the new missions tab with a list of targets to kill in a 15 minute window (2 – 7 depending on tier). The targets are NPCs who already spawned on the maps. There is a clue as to what map they’ll be on for each target. They can be ANYWHERE on the map. Some of them are easier to find than others. Only guilds with the mission active can start a fight with a bounty. Everyone else will see them as a non-combatant. When the bounty is killed, it is respawned somewhere else for immediate re-use. If you participated in the event to take the bounty down, you will immediately receive your personal reward for guild bounties for that week and your guild will receive completion credit for that target. Once your guild completes all the targets (within the time limit) merits will be awarded to the guild. Merits are used to unlock new upgrades and other types of missions, so it pays to successfully complete your bounty hunts.

"The bounty targets for each mission are randomly selected from the list of all the ones that are available. If two guilds happen to get the same one at the same time, they may kill that bounty cooperatively and both guilds will receive completion credit for doing so."

It’s partially related to the time it takes. Personal rewards for guild missions can only be claimed once per week per mission category. Therefore if your guild only has guild bounties unlocked, it will take you 6 weeks to claim one of these accessories from the commendation vendor (assuming you don’t spend your commendations on anything else).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom