• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giard

*sigh* I wish people would stop saying that.

edit: I would load into somewhere other than LA at first if you can, guys- it's gonna be crazy.

Can you explain why they aren't?

Armorsmiths can still craft the best armor, weaponsmiths can still craft the best weapons, etc.
Jewelers no longer make the best accessories/amulets/rings, and the gems they make are getting replaced by infusions. Basically, they craft placeholders until you can buy Ascended items.

If/When there are Ascended weapons and armor available, it would be okay as all crafting professions will be in the same situation, but for now Jewelers are gimped IMO.

markot

Banned
40 days for one item is a joke.

They really dont know what they are doing at end game. Lucky im only really interested in wvwvw.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
40 days + 50 ectos is really expensive. Though you can get them for 12 guild commendations as well.

Won

I believe ArenaNet is just trying to make a point how dailies are dumb and gear progression doesn't belong in their game. Or something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can you explain why they aren't?

Armorsmiths can still craft the best armor, weaponsmiths can still craft the best weapons, etc.
Jewelers no longer make the best accessories/amulets/rings, and the gems they make are getting replaced by infusions. Basically, they craft placeholders until you can buy Ascended items.
You can't get Ascended jewelry at a rate of 1/day, let alone an entire set in one day.
Ascended gear isn't tradeable on the TP.
When you get a piece of ascended gear from a Fractal Run or Guild Mission completion, there's no guarantee it will be the stat allotment you want.
Depending on how you get an alt to 80, the prospect of that alt having anything close to endgame jewelry can be laughable, but if you have a jewelcrafter getting exactly the exotic pieces you want can become trivial.

"Crafting placeholders until you can buy Ascended items" is roughly accurate, but it's like you're implying that you both don't need anything in those slots at all before getting Ascended items and that you can get all the Ascended items you need all at once. It's the crafting profession I've utilized the most, since exotic accessories aren't available from dungeons and were just added to karma vendors in the last patch.

I get they can't make the best items for those slots anymore but that's not the same thing as useless :p

Lunar15

Great that you fixed Honor's Claw, Anet. Now we should probably check and see what's going on with the priory lady outside of CoF.

WE HAVE CAPTURED THE CITADEL OF FLAME!

*Flame Legion everywhere*

Divvy

Jesus fucking Christ.

Anet really needs to give more notice for shutting down WvW.

We were in MID CAP of garrison in anvil's borderlands when "OMG SHUTTING DOWN WVW HOPE YOU WEREN"T DOING ANYTHING IMPORTANT!"

Retro

Jesus fucking Christ.

We were in MID CAP of garrison in anvil's borderlands when "OMG SHUTTING DOWN WVW HOPE YOU WEREN"T DOING ANYTHING IMPORTANT!"

Actually, they said "A new build will roll out within the hour", then about 15 minutes later they rolled out the new build.

It sucks, but it's patch day. These things happen, unfortunately.

Jesus fucking Christ.

someone in my guild got 30 rares in less than an hour. someone screwed up the droprates. guess this hotfix is desperate.

Giard

You can't get Ascended jewelry at a rate of 1/day, let alone an entire set in one day.
Ascended gear isn't tradeable on the TP.
When you get a piece of ascended gear from a Fractal Run or Guild Mission completion, there's no guarantee it will be the stat allotment you want.
Depending on how you get an alt to 80, the prospect of that alt having anything close to endgame jewelry can be laughable, but if you have a jewelcrafter getting exactly the exotic pieces you want can become trivial.

"Crafting placeholders until you can buy Ascended items" is roughly accurate, but it's like you're implying that you both don't need anything in those slots at all before getting Ascended items and that you can get all the Ascended items you need all at once. It's the crafting profession I've utilized the most, since exotic accessories aren't available from dungeons and were just added to karma vendors in the last patch.

I get they can't make the best items for those slots anymore but that's not the same thing as useless :p

Hadn't thought about alts, good point. Useless was a strong word :p, but I still think they're in a bad spot compared to other classes.

oh yea so what is up with it being dredge and not sons of svanir. Do they explain it in game, if they do is it part of the new stuff or did everybody know it was going to be the dredge.

Run-M-Run

A Bad patch after a bad patch? Who woulda known!

Lets ad yet ANOTHER currency, shall we?

Let's put in more ascended gear so people can progress further in fractals... except you can't get the gear FROM the damn dungeon! Great idea! While we're at it, let's make all this new and exciting gear, non-farmable! It just means people have to grind dailies and weeklies to have this wonderful artficial bottleneck! It's not hourly farming, it's just daily grinding! Wait are those the same - Nah.
But good sir, you have forgotten something!
What?
We need yet another ecto sink!
Brilliant! Lets ask for 50 ecto per accesory! This will go well with 250 ecto for +5AR on backpiece!

Let's make smaller guilds not be able to do guild missions! Fantastic!

Oh well, if someone thought those were all horrible, I'm sure we'll win over people with our insane RNG chance at PINK quaggan backpack!! YES!!! BRILLIANT!!! A PINK QUAGGAN BACKPACK!!!

And so forth. Seriously gaf if there are some people here that are die hard lovers of this game, please take a step back and look at what this game is becoming. It's really sad now. I don't know if it's nexon or just arenanet in general, but someone is doing bad, bad decisions all around whenever a patch is incoming.

Levyne

Banned
I agree with most of those points, but if they don't make ectos useful they will become worthless, especially with rares becoming easier and easier to get with every patch.

40 laurels is....a lot though. Should be maybe 5 or none at all. I'll probably get those earings through the guild trader route.

Levyne

Banned
I was sitting on a stack of them thinking "well Ill save them for another legendary I guess" now I have something I could use them for. the 80 laurel gate is a little annoying, though

AC is a joke now...
p1 boss easy just kill him quickly..
p2 boss just have to lure him in the traps..
p3 boss just use the friendly NPC with his bubble...

I haven't done it, but the path 2 trap mechanic sounded kinda cool from the impressions in chat

All the mobs HP has been reduce, Spiderqueen is harder now can't stand in her red circles, before i would get hit for 40-50 max now it's 400+ also she roots you and it does a ton of damage, Kholer is easier than before, even with his adds spawning...didn't fight the troll he never spawned for me...

KingKong

At this point I dont see myself playing GW2 again until the expansion

Its interesting that theyre putting in so many grinds though, I thought that they wouldnt need to without monthly subs to worry about

Played CoE explorable for the first time tonight with a group of GAFers, and spent most of it lying facedown waiting for a res... it's difficult to get across just how soul-crushingly unpleasant an experience that was for me. Everyone was very nice regardless, but being that useless was extremely depressing.

etiolate

Banned
CoE has a learning curve, but you can run it pretty smoothly once you get into its flow. They reduced Alpha's HPs but increased his rate of AoE. Need to be more prejudice with your dodges, but he goes down faster. The quick dying adds are a necessity for newcomers. A few hits takes them down and you can rally.

Levyne

Banned
Played CoE explorable for the first time tonight with a group of GAFers, and spent most of it lying facedown waiting for a res... it's difficult to get across just how soul-crushingly unpleasant an experience that was for me. Everyone was very nice regardless, but being that useless was extremely depressing.

Oh, Broos? The aoe mechanic in the dungeon is weird and different. Once you get it, it's no problem.

Basically, when Alpha puts up his icy double ring aoe, the trick is to NOT MOVE (usually). The earth ring will miss you. You still have to avoid the fire aoe, but for the double circles it's often safe just to stand flat out in the middle of them.

There IS a small chance he will single you out and you will get a central ice spike (where you want to move) and not the earth circle (where you don't.) If you have to guess, just don't move.

Also, CoE 2 is probably the hardest path imo. Downhill from here if you want to go again.

EDIT: If you do CoE 1, you don't even need to worry about ANY of that. It's so easy.

jersoc

Let's put in more ascended gear so people can progress further in fractals... except you can't get the gear FROM the damn dungeon! Great idea! While we're at it, let's make all this new and exciting gear, non-farmable! It just means people have to grind dailies and weeklies to have this wonderful artficial bottleneck! It's not hourly farming, it's just daily grinding! Wait are those the same - Nah.
What?
Brilliant! Lets ask for 50 ecto per accesory! This will go well with 250 ecto for +5AR on backpiece!

Oh well, if someone thought those were all horrible, I'm sure we'll win over people with our insane RNG chance at PINK quaggan backpack!! YES!!! BRILLIANT!!! A PINK QUAGGAN BACKPACK!!!

And so forth. Seriously gaf if there are some people here that are die hard lovers of this game, please take a step back and look at what this game is becoming. It's really sad now. I don't know if it's nexon or just arenanet in general, but someone is doing bad, bad decisions all around whenever a patch is incoming.

yeah, im losing interest in this game fast. i haven't played in a while because it's pointless. no dungeon finder means i cant do them because i refuse to wait hours to get a group. hardly anyone plays at 2am when i play.

i have no interesting in grinding stuff for a month for one item either. retarded

also, lack of builds and still no buff to melee in wvw.

_woLf

This patch is a complete disaster. They fix exploits but don't fix the boss battles that go along with them. There's a reason the Twilight Arbor bug was so popular, the boss eats pugs (or at least, to my experience, he does.)

Guild Missions could not have been handled worse. It's expensive, insanely time consuming to research, and I have no idea if I'll even be on when my guild does them.

I swear FOTM mobs are stronger than they were pre-patch, I don't care if anet says otherwise.

I don't mind the once-per-day chests EXCEPT when it comes to Dragons. Those are such a pain to get done that I believe it'll be impossible for me to get any reward for them from now on. Why? Because I'm generally not on until late late at night, and since the rewards are only once a day now, everyone will have already got them already, and thus nobody will show up for the later dragon fights...

Loot is still ass.

yeah, that's what surprises me too. I was going to be okay with with dragons/orr temples only giving chests one per day, but I've killed lots of champions in various zones doing living story stuff, and they still give the same pathetic loot. I run around with lots of MF and buffs too.

_woLf

What's the Twilight Arbor bug?

You could stand on a branch and glitch the final boss. I'm fine with them fixing it, but they should have made the normal boss (at least for f/u and u/u paths) a little easier. The adds are most of the time too much for a pug to handle.

Levyne

Banned
Oh that.

Dont remember the other but the "up" version is boring and easy. When I run it with gafguild we always joke about how boring it is.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

What?

Thank you.

Tarazet

yeah, im losing interest in this game fast. i haven't played in a while because it's pointless. no dungeon finder means i cant do them because i refuse to wait hours to get a group. hardly anyone plays at 2am when i play.

i have no interesting in grinding stuff for a month for one item either. retarded

also, lack of builds and still no buff to melee in wvw.

gw2lfg.com helps with the dungeon thing.

The main thing I like about the game is that it's open-ended. You don't have to play it just one way. I spent almost all night doing PvP battlegrounds and had a blast, and gained levels just as quickly as I would have any other way. (No gold though. But at least it doesn't use any.)

Divvy

They added dredge to the dredge fractal?

why

To be fair, it seems to just be at the beginning of the frac before you enter the hallway with the plates. You face a few waves of dredge.

Though, that begs the question of "why?" again

Lunar15

Surprised to see negative reactions (not).

Personally I've loved this update, and I'm usually kind of on the fence about most updates. There's been a lot of fun stuff to do, and in general, all the classes seemed to get nice buffs.

The only negative I have is that I'm still struggling to understand Ghost Eater. Like, I get it, and I know it's possible, but there were glitches that prevented me from being able to do it. West trap wouldn't fire, and then a lot of the times we'd drag an ooze into the trap, but nothing would happen. It's frustrating because I can see what they're going for, but ultimately it made a quick dungeon into a needlessly long dungeon. At least until they fix it/I get better at it.

As an aside, all the moaning about Ascended gear is just pitiful. I do have problems with this game, and I point them out frequently, but the fact that people complain SO MUCH about ascended gear as if it was this all important thing just shows how much those people should not be playing this game. Seriously, if it bugs you THAT MUCH that you now have to do more stuff for ascended gear, then quite frankly, this isn't the game for you. This can be a janky game with some questionable choices, but I just don't see why, of all things, ascended gear causes the most ruckus.

If at this point, you've determined that ALL of the updates sucked, and that the game is now completely unplayable to you, then please PLEASE leave the game so I no longer have to hear you. It's not going to get any better from here.

etiolate

Banned
I don't understand why Ascended gear complaints confuse anyone considering how the game was advertised pre-launch. For a GW fan, the handling of Ascended gear is terribly confusing.

Arcteryx

Loot seems MUCH better from world events now, I haven't gotten less than 2 rares per dragon/largeish event.

Also, glad to see that Final Rest has been found(a bunch already), which leads me to believe the loot tables(Shadow Behemoth) were bugged all this time...

Lunar15

I don't understand why Ascended gear complaints confuse anyone considering how the game was advertised pre-launch. For a GW fan, the handling of Ascended gear is terribly confusing.

I don't mind complaints as much as I mind people claiming that we should "open our eyes" to how ascended gear has absolutely ruined this game. To me, it's had the least impact possible, and that's how the sheer amount and audacity of the complaints are confusing.

Look, I understand why people are upset about the increased costs on ascended gear. But my point is, if you step back from such a heavy focus on ascended gear, you'll notice that really they're not nearly as important as so many people make them out to be. It's like people WANT them to be this massive problem that they quite simply are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom