• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
Bah looks like their connection issues will keep me from seeing the patch until after I get back later tonight.

I want to see the new Charr backpack. I feel the toy bag on my Charr Engy is a little silly looking.

SirKhalid

Why do you say that?

gw010-1024x640.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Some more gems for you all
Official Forums said:
Hopefully, ANET will listen and ensure the solo-duo player’s game needs are addressed.
If not, I predict many more 30% off sales – which considering the game has only been out six months is IMHO a very bad omen.
First they came for our time, now they have come for the money. If they implement this we will see their revenue base drop quite a bit.
BiS gear is never optional.
Ah well, yet another reason to continue not to buy gems.
As long as they continue with this despicable behaviour, I’ll continue to play without giving them a cent of money.
They can pay for me to play.
That last one is probably my favorite. You show 'em big guy!

edit: Damn, if people go nuts over ectos because of this it's just going to have the net effect of making dungeons even more lucrative than they already are. Amazing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SO it's either Laurels or Ectos? Not both?
Hm, from that image it seems to be both- is that wrong? That'd be interesting if it was either/or, and make accessories by far the easiest ascended gear to acquire (let me know if anyone needs me to spell out why).

etiolate

Banned
Why would it be both? Ascended rings were 35 laurels. Why increase the cost? They actually needed Ascended items to be easier to get if they wanted to maintain horizontal progression playstyles.

If it's both then they kind of deserve the heat they are getting. Ectos aren't that hard to get, but an increase for accessory cost when they're roughly stat value-wise equal to a ring is wtf.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Why would it be both? Ascended rings were 35 laurels. Why increase the cost? They actually needed Ascended items to be easier to get if they wanted to maintain horizontal progression playstyles.

If it's both then they kind of deserve the heat they are getting. Ectos aren't that hard to get, but an increase for accessory cost when they're roughly stat value-wise equal to a ring is wtf.

It seems to be both. There's a + sign between the laurels and ectos.

Cels

The price definitely seems steep.

Fortunately, if people can't afford the ectos, exotics are only a small step below ascended anyway. Besides, there will be alternative methods to acquire the ascended accessories. It's just like when ascended rings and backpieces were only available from FotM, but there will eventually be another way to get them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
two new waypoints in the world, one in ashford, one in diessa (i think)
There will be others; one in Brisban Wildlands, at least. I think they coincide with the locations for Guild Puzzles (or planned ones).

Cels, you can get Ascended accessories with Guild Commendations.

Katoki

Thread moving too fast. Was scrolling down really quickly and eventually hit Oprah. Oh boy.

Anyway, I wonder how the whole guild event stuff works for folks on other servers.

Nine new hair colors and six new eye colors are now available through the Total Makeover Kit and the Self-Style Hair Kits. These new hair and eye colors are winter-themed and are available only through these kits, which can be acquired from the Gem Store in the Services category. The new colors are marked with a star and can be applied to any race’s hair.

This.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyway, I wonder how the whole guild event stuff works for folks on other servers.
I'm sure they could guest to actually participate in the event, but very good question regarding the rewards at least.

I wonder what "winter-themed" hair is exactly.

etiolate

Banned
So why do they deserve the heat they're getting, Zed? :-/

Because that's an increase in cost and thus an increase in time investment/grind that goes against the needs of horizontal progression.

I said way back then that Horizontal Progress has to acquire different armor sets stat-wise and Ascended gear's time investment was currently far beyond that point in progress where the time investment is doable for us who like to build tweak and experiment. Exotics were in a roughly doable cost of time investment to adequately try different builds. It's also untrue that we can ignore the statistical increase between Exotic and Ascended, Otherwise, we'd all be cool just sitting around in rares. So this increase of cost is going the wrong direction.

Also, and I think this gets at the emotional heart of the agnst, if ANet were listening and understanding they would have known what I just said. They would have known that increase in cost from Amulets to Rings to Accessories that wasn't reflective of stat differences was something that would not go over. I think people are looking at this patch, and despite all the good things in it, the people are seeing signs that all their feedback on Ascended items went mostly ignored. That is what most likely really hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom