• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Oh wow, that hasn't been fixed yet?

It's not just "DPS" rings, but they added some stat combinations and the new rings weren't infusable. I assumed this was an oversight and fixed...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally started to get into fractals, level 22, I get healing signet and the druid ring and realize i can't infuse them, i can only infuse the DPS rings, thanks again failnet for shitting on guardians...

This game needs to be renamed Guild Warriors 2..
It doesn' t have to do with the particular stat combo you want for your class, it's a bug with the new rings.
I heard from our item designer that we are working on a potential fix for this issue, and that it should go in our next big content update. Thank you for your patience, everyone!
I just wanted to take an aside and mention that I love (in a morbid way) the trope of modifying a game developer's name in a humorous way to indicate how terrible they are at life. Hope failnet comes through for you on Tuesday though.

zon

Has there been any talk at all about doing something with all the candy corn that's left from Halloween? It's getting silly that there's still millions of that stuff up on the TP and god knows how much is stashed away by players.

Has there been any talk at all about doing something with all the candy corn that's left from Halloween? It's getting silly that there's still millions of that stuff up on the TP and god knows how much is stashed away by players.

Not that I've seen. This is a side effect from a true global economy with the TP. In most games, a server wide only restriction on the AH would've seen most of the players on the server burn through their cache making the price go up. It's actually kind of cool since the only pricey items end up being the ones that are hard to get as opposed to being easily available but limited time to acquire.

Retro

ANET,

Update your site already!

Thanks

vSQoy.png

Retro

Oh god is that CJ? That picture is greaaaaaat!

Any more insider info?

Yep, I made it back before launch when everyone was getting a little nutty. This one was right next to it on imgur, I forget who merited that particular photoshop, but it's pretty funny in hindsight.

Anyways, that's not really insider info. Ten Ton Hammer tweeted that they're doing an interview on WvW updates today, so either they're going to break the news or ArenaNet is going to get the Update Preview page up. One way or another, we're getting the infos.

Edit: For what it's worth, it seems like they tend to push stuff around 3PM EDT / Noon Pacific. So... soon, probably. Maybe.

Yep, I made it back before launch when everyone was getting a little nutty. This one was right next to it on imgur, I forget who merited that particular photoshop, but it's pretty funny in hindsight.

Anyways, that's not really insider info. Ten Ton Hammer tweeted that they're doing an interview on WvW updates today, so either they're going to break the news or ArenaNet is going to get the Update Preview page up. One way or another, we're getting the infos.

Edit: For what it's worth, it seems like they tend to push stuff around 3PM EDT / Noon Pacific. So... soon, probably. Maybe.

Hope tenton does the interview and also posts it today. I hope ANET isn't giving them embargoes.

Retro you are so positive (when it cones to GW and Anet) Thank you great officer!

Retro

Hope tenton does the interview and also posts it today. I hope ANET isn't giving them embargoes.

Retro you are so positive (when it cones to GW and Anet) Thank you great officer!

I think the interview is supposed to be a live thing, they asked people to submit questions for it.

As far as optimism goes, Hawkian's the positive one. By, like a lot;

uUXG2mJ.jpg

I'm only good for snark, sarcasm and puns.
And Batman impressions, I guess.

is guild wars 2 a good game

Nope, we use the community thread to joyously watch it die and wither into obscurity.

Hahahaha! Oh man you are cracking me up. Making this work day go by faster.

Have you been secretly taking close up screenshots of my character?

I know that part was there already. I was totally lying about the update.

Retro

Hahahaha! Oh man you are cracking me up. Making this work day go by faster.

Have you been secretly taking close up screenshots of my character?

That's from the Character Screenshot thread on GAFGuild, it's actually a picture you posted.

Glad I could be helpful and help the day be a little more entertaining.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sure I may have a lot of posts, but are they keen?

To establish my track record, here was what I suggested about Fractal grouping right after it was released...

So here were my thoughts/predictions on Guild Missions re: small guilds, and the upcoming WvW Progession systems...

Regarding this new patch, it's an absolutely valid complaint that the barrier of entry for guild mission is much steeper for smaller guilds, and as a result they'll have both a longer time to wait to try them and a tougher time completing them. Largely I think that the first batch of guild missions are themselves intended for larger groups, but there are still steps that could be taken.

In fact, I will now make an Official Hawkian Prediction, as I did on the night fractals were released, that ArenaNet will take some steps to make it easier for guilds with fewer members to participate in guild missions.

About WvW progress being character-based rather than account:
Hawkian said:
I think the people upset by this, while it's a logical instinct, may not be thinking it through fully (or may not know how it works quite yet).

Think of it as additional specialization for your character, specific to WvW. Do you want your character to be the ultimate siegemaster? Or excel at interrupting supply lines and taking camps quickly? Maybe you want your Mesmer to become a hardened keep defender, while your Warrior can be a perfect choice to lead a zerg.

From my perspective it's more interesting this way. It forces you to make more character progression choices rather than just going "up," and people can devote their characters to different specializations according to their playstyles.

Edit: Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of "this discourages alts." But I honestly believe it actually promotes them. We'll just have to see how it works.
Hawkian said:
I hear that. I hope it's a little like your PvE character trait "tree" (or whatever you call a horizontal tree), you know?
Fingers crossed! ;)

etiolate

Banned
Can anyone point me to somewhere that shows what Ascended items you can infuse and how? Not having luck with google. Only finding the fractal cap recipe.

Ashodin

Sure I may have a lot of posts, but are they keen?

To establish my track record, here was what I suggested about Fractal grouping right after it was released...

So here were my thoughts/predictions on Guild Missions re: small guilds, and the upcoming WvW Progession systems...

About WvW progress being character-based rather than account:

Fingers crossed! ;)

Dude I totally hope it ends up like this. It just sounds like it works.

Retro

I fully expect to see changes or additions to guild missions so smaller groups can get in. There's do much more they could do with it do some changes are almost assured.

You also make a good case for WvW specialization to be some kind of tree where you have to pick between different specialization options is the best bet.

Obviously character-specific is the way to go, too.

Knowing ArenaNet, I bet there's a lot more surprises in store.

You gotta make it, bro. Or get it from Fractals. Mystic Forge recipes and the like.

Ahh mystic forge. I was going to say since when can you craft ascended haha I still have never used the forge. I don't like random or gambling so has never appealed to me. Especially after what I've read in map chat about people trying to get precursors ha

Is there a particular technique to get chat codes working (previewing items/armor)? I tried it last night and it worked for some things but not others.

Also is there a way to do it that doesn't involve spamming everyone?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ahh mystic forge. I was going to say since when can you craft ascended haha I still have never used the forge. I don't like random or gambling so has never appealed to me. Especially after what I've read in map chat about people trying to get precursors ha
The mystic forge is useful for TONS of stuff that has nothing to with RNG. You can promote crafting mats to better versions, upgrade ascended gear to have built-in Agony Resistance, craft various named exotic weapons, convert cores to lodestones, and of course get the back pieces. You can also get one by starting with one of the capacitors in Fractals if you like the skin.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Then i won't be seeing a fix for this anytime soon, since my engineer PS has been bugged for 6 months and they haven't fixed it....
Did you see what I quoted? I mean pessimate if you must, but it should be in this patch unless their plans have changed.
Nope, we use the community thread to joyously watch it die and wither into obscurity.
I missed this before, can I play?

Can't wait to see all the qqing when this goes F2P.

Did you see what I quoted? I mean pessimate if you must, but it should be in this patch unless their plans have changed.

I missed this before, can I play?

Can't wait to see all the qqing when this goes F2P.

I saw it just fucking around, but i wasn't joking about the PS bug for my Engineer, shit is still broken character is 6months old :((

hythloday

Ooo, new guild bounty targets! Just keeping us on our toes, huh.

Also, just throwing this out there. I had a thought. What do you do when someone's choking in Sparkfly Fen?

YOU DO THE HYLEK MANEUVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom