• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

For those at work / too lazy to click:

- New Norn / Charr characters to build the Living Story around.
- Dredge Listening Posts all around Diessa and Wayfarer Foothills.
- New WvW XP, which earns you WvW Ranks, used to unlock WvW Abilities.
- Culling Fix
- Three new Bounty Hunt targets
- "Training Bounty Hunts" for smaller guilds (Good call, Hawkian)
- Leaderboards

Ooo, new guild bounty targets! Just keeping us on our toes, huh.

Also, just throwing this out there. I had a thought. What do you do when someone's choking in Sparkfly Fen?

YOU DO THE HYLEK MANEUVER.

66gU5.gif

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/17/gw2-ascended-gear-and-infusion-recipes/

Shows every thing, including breaking down shards to get globs and globs to get Vials...

OMG that looks daunting. I guess I'm not getting the back piece unless I do fractals looking at the price for the alternative... How many fractal tokens do you generally get per run? Maybe it's not as bad as it looks if you get a couple hundred or so per run. On the plus side, you don't have to bother with Agony resistance unless you do high level fractals, right? So you can just buy everything with laurels (sans back piece) if you don't care about that.

I'm waiting for elaboration on the training guild missions. Sounds like it's some mini tier small guilds can unlock but then you still won't be able to access the others so it really doesn't fix the problem at all. Can't say that for sure until details come out though. Every time I see a bounty run by while I'm clearing a zone I can only sigh haha At least I'm able to help others via calling them out in map chat.

Is there a general amount of tokens you get per run like the other dungeons? Want to weigh if it's worth it to me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

Scroll down you will see how many Relics per Fractal....Fractal 1-9 is horrible and none rewarding I would avoid doing and even fractal from 1-9 from Frac 10 and above is when things get better, you get a frac daily for each even fractals you do, and you will get another daily every 10 levels, so at 20 you can run another daily for more rewards, plus the higher you go the better rewards at level 22 I have seen more Exotics out of the chest than i have seen in a 1000's plus runs of CoF and AC combine, yesterday I got 2 exotics out of one chest...

Retro

I'm waiting for elaboration on the training guild missions. Sounds like it's some mini tier small guilds can unlock but then you still won't be able to access the others so it really doesn't fix the problem at all. Can't say that for sure until details come out though. Every time I see a bounty run by while I'm clearing a zone I can only sigh haha At least I'm able to help others via calling them out in map chat.

Well, it sounds like Training Bounties will be easier to unlock since they're aimed at smaller guilds, and that bit about "looking to work their way up to bigger challenges" bit sounds like it will help them advance. Maybe it gives you a ton of influence to speed up the whole process?

If it's something they can do each week and doesn't have all of the requirements, it's still something new for smaller guilds who were overlooked by the February patch. We'll have to wait and see on Tuesday's notes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there a general amount of tokens you get per run like the other dungeons? Want to weigh if it's worth it to me.
Decide whether or not you want the skin- the cheapest T6-requiring alternate back piece (book/quiver) wouldn't be as time-consuming. Of course, if you're interested in doing lots of fractals anyway, you'll get more and more relics the higher you get.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

Scroll down you will see how many Relics per Fractal....Fractal 1-9 is horrible and none rewarding I would avoid doing and even fractal from 1-9 from Frac 10 and above is when things get better, you get a frac daily for each even fractals you do, and you will get another daily every 10 levels, so at 20 you can run another daily for more rewards, plus the higher you go the better rewards at level 22 I have seen more Exotics out of the chest than i have seen in a 1000's plus runs of CoF and AC combine, yesterday I got 2 exotics out of one chest...
WAT? Maybe I should check them out at some point. Holy moley. That's one of my main gripes, that I never get exotics unless I clear high lvl zones (though I namely just play PVE zones).
Well, it sounds like Training Bounties will be easier to unlock since they're aimed at smaller guilds, and that bit about "looking to work their way up to bigger challenges" bit sounds like it will help them advance. Maybe it gives you a ton of influence to speed up the whole process?

If it's something they can do each week and doesn't have all of the requirements, it's still something new for smaller guilds who were overlooked by the February patch. We'll have to wait and see on Tuesday's notes.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, maybe they will give nice influence rewards but I don't want to assume either way, I'll be patient. Probably moot anyway because my guild is probably even smaller than what others consider small haha I'll have to hit you guys up when I'm playing sometime. Can I just give my character's name? Or does it have to be the main account name?

Just PM me your account name (Name.####) and I'll hook you up.

I don't know the number at the top of my head so I'd have to wait until I get home. Actually, I think I can get to ANET's page from work. If I log in, I should be able to see the account name/number, right?

Katoki

I don't know the number at the top of my head so I'd have to wait until I get home. Actually, I think I can get to ANET's page from work. If I log in, I should be able to see the account name/number, right?

Yep.

Edit: On a side note, kind of getting used to not having a gaming computer. First few days were really rough though. Now I'm just bored all the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A character name works equally well, I don't know why he didn't say that.

It kinda trips me out having an account name that none of my characters are named after in this game (it's my GW1 character) but nostalgic at the same time. My GW1 character shall live forever if only in name.

Man I got two final rests today
How? I thought we could only get one chest per account now? Or is that not until the patch hits? Every time I enter Queensdale the bugger isn't up :| Wonder if the timer is accurate these days.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man I got two final rests today
Damnit, do any of you actually WANT it? :p I really think it'd be cool for my Necro.
It kinda trips me out having an account name that none of my characters are named after in this game (it's my GW1 character) but nostalgic at the same time. My GW1 character shall live forever if only in name.

How? I thought we could only get one chest per account now? Or is that not until the patch hits? Every time I enter Queensdale the bugger isn't up :| Wonder if the timer is accurate these days.
1. The change to chests hasn't taken place yet
2. Unique Exotics like Final Rest aren't, to our knowledge, part of the "guaranteed rare" drop slot that will become account bound. You could still try for Final Rest multiple times a day.

Concept17

This is probably a stupid question, but I noticed they mentioned WvW xp and ranks. I assume/hope this doesn't mean it'll now be like spvp in that things are separate from the rest of the game and that you can still get regular xp from kills/events as usual?

This is probably a stupid question, but I noticed they mentioned WvW xp and ranks. I assume/hope this doesn't mean it'll now be like spvp in that things are separate from the rest of the game and that you can still get regular xp from kills/events as usual?

It's likely just an additional XP system. People like the fact that they can level in WvW so I doubt Anet would change that.

Because I am insufferable and must make everything difficult.

Invite sent, welcome aboard.

Thank you, sir! Should have done this day one when I knew you could join more than one guild. I think running with GAF members would actually motivate me to try out more dungeon runs and fractals. I probably think the way I do because ninety something percent of my playing experience has been running around solo in the game. Once I get my Mesmer to 100 percent WC, I'll be down to do a lot more of that stuff. Looking forward to getting him to Victory or Death to finally see the ending. Should probably do that with my poor Ele too since he's been on that final mission since the game came out haha

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...fference-between-Living-World-and-F-F/1675241

Living World is really a broader concept, it’s the idea that Guild Wars 2 is (and will become more so) a truly living game, where the world can change and constantly evolve going forward.

This will come in a lot of different forms. One example of stuff we’ve done in the past is new events, dungeons, guild missions, etc. being added that constantly expand the range of content and experiences. We want to keep doing more and more of this with our world in the future, to constantly provide new exciting things you can discover and experience any time in Gw2.

Another form of this is through special events, things like Halloween, Hunger Games, or Wintersday where content is available for a period of time, is removed from the game when that period is over, and could appear again in the future in some form to help provide unique and fun experiences in the game world.

Finally, the storyline of this type of content going into the world is really the “living story” in a sense for the game. We want to try and theme our releases with storylines and main characters in the game world that have exciting story arcs, a lot of the permanent new content, special events, etc. will all have these core story arcs that drive them in the game world. Much like the story of Halloween drove around the potential return of the Mad King, storyline for our living world releases will play a big part in the content that appears and changes the world as a result.

We want to make this a much bigger part of where Gw2 goes in the future, to give a sense that the world truly can change constantly as you’re playing and every time you login. What we’ve done with Flame and Frost so far is really a very small example of what we view the living world to be as a future possibility for Gw2. Things more along the lines of Halloween, Lost Shores, and Wintersday are stronger examples, along with the new events, guild missions, etc. we’ve added in releases since launch.

The goal is to provide a unifying storyline to the world that ushers this new content into the game, changes the game, and makes the world feel truly alive. It’s like every month your GM is running new scenarios for your gaming group to enjoy, or your favorite TV show is airing new episodes to experience. We’re really barely scratching the surface of what this concept can be for our game, and we’ll be building much more in that in 2013.

- Colin Johanson

about 3 hours ago

Retro

8bit mode incoming for April Fools?

I am totally going to change my avatar to derpy pixel dragon for April.

Scratch that, it doesn't scale down well at all, and ends up looking like just a weird version of the logo. The pixel effect is completely lost. Pity.

It kind of reminds me of the realm point system in daoc, which wasn't too bad. Extra incentive for pvp, woo.

If that's indeed what they implement then it would be great. Provide another way to progress laterally without affecting PvE while giving an edge to devoted WvW'ers in the field.

etiolate

Banned
http://dulfy.net/2012/11/17/gw2-ascended-gear-and-infusion-recipes/

Shows every thing, including breaking down shards to get globs and globs to get Vials...

yeesh

I almost want to say fuck that to how much mats the upgrading costs.

Bounty Hunt Training missions are perfect for a new or small guild looking to work their way up to bigger challenges.

Curious to see the influence cost to get to these challenges or if they're just smaller challenges at the same influence cost. Hint: If they aren't cheaper to access then its not really an answer to the problem.

I would love for them to be accessible by my small personal guild. These are the people I live with and see daily, but no longer play with. Guild Missions could be a great way to get these folks playing again.

The living story hasn't been enticing enough content to lure them back. At this point, I can't even sell them on Living Story stuff. I hope this update has a lot more to do in regards to this feature.

Jira

yeesh

I almost want to say fuck that to how much mats the upgrading costs.

Curious to see the influence cost to get to these challenges or if they're just smaller challenges at the same influence cost. Hint: If they aren't cheaper to access then its not really an answer to the problem.

I would love for them to be accessible by my small personal guild. These are the people I live with and see daily, but no longer play with. Guild Missions could be a great way to get these folks playing again.

The living story hasn't been enticing enough content to lure them back. At this point, I can't even sell them on Living Story stuff. I hope this update has a lot more to do in regards to this feature.

I'm betting that the Training missions have huge Inf boosts for rewards so smaller guilds can get the other stuff.

As for Living Story, ANet has continually said Jan/Feb have been small cause they didn't have many people available at the time. Though for the coming March patch they have A LOT more people working on it and this is the first example of the direction they want to take with it, but certainly not all that it can do.

markot

Banned
c124aRox-New-1.jpg

I guess theyre getting use out of their younger models they had planned >.>

(The whole 'start as a kid' thingy)

Looks kinda freaky though...

And as someone who can never stick to a class, I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the stupid character bound wvwvw progression.

markot

Banned
Theyre too Grrrrrrr and not enough purrrrrrrr

Also I dont like the horns, or that you cant really make ones that dont look reallllllllllllly angry.

Jira

Sooooo April Fools is going to have VIDEO GAMES within GW2.

First off you see this:

You have the 8-bit look going on there which always signifies gaming right?

Well look at this item that was datamined in February:

2RP0v0l.png

Now look at these images datamined in February:

Bullet Bill and Zelda anyone? I think they're creating actual 8bit video games that you'll be able to play within the game as part of April Fools. God damn amazing.

Ashodin

Retro you are going to flip your fucking shit

I just realized it looks like a male wearing a costume that looks like Zelda. The big bushy eyebrows and the black hair on the side makes it look like a wig. lolol

Retro

Retro you are going to flip your fucking shit

I just realized it looks like a male wearing a costume that looks like Zelda. The big bushy eyebrows and the black hair on the side makes it look like a wig. lolol

Yeah, the Pixel art on the April page has me expecting something right up my alley. Hopefully they sneak in little homages to classic games. Maybe a long, pointed hat... maybe dye it green, see what develops...

Lunar15

Can we like, quote/spoiler hide the april fools stuff? I'd rather not know what it's going to be.

Update is slightly disappointing, but that's purely out of my own expectations, not from them overpromising.

EDIT: I'll wait for patch notes before totally judging though.

EDIT2: Is braham's armor an armor that already exists?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Can we like, quote/spoiler hide the april fools stuff? I'd rather not know what it's going to be.

Update is slightly disappointing, but that's purely out of my own expectations, not from them overpromising.

EDIT: I'll wait for patch notes before totally judging though.

EDIT2: Is braham's armor an armor that already exists?

Yeah, it's some medium armor I've seen before.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Shenanigans, if I may?

He's clearly a heavy armor class and I thought I knew all the medium armors and don't recognize it!

Oh wait, I thought we were talking about the Charr dude. Nvmd, that Braham fellow seems to have new armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom