• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Can we like, quote/spoiler hide the april fools stuff? I'd rather not know what it's going to be.

Oh, at this point we're just speculating based on a few things we've seen, we don't have any idea what's going to happen.

Update is slightly disappointing, but that's purely out of my own expectations, not from them overpromising.

EDIT: I'll wait for patch notes before totally judging though.

Yeah, the Preview page is usually just a quick overview of the major events, but they always understate the new content. It's designed to be a quick summary, not a full outline. Patch notes should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Yeah, it's some medium armor I've seen before.

Not that I've ever seen, and certainly not any listed in any of the galleries like Argos-soft or GW2armors.

Also, unless they pull a Trahearne (Necromancer with a Greatsword) and ignore profession/gear combinations, there's no way that's medium armor. He's using a Mace, which is a weapon only Warriors and Guardians can use.

Edit: Beaten by Hawkian, as usual.

I want a female heavy armor version. Do it, Anet.

Yes, please. The whole "heavy armor worn over robes" look is cool for Guardians.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh wait, I thought we were talking about the Charr dude. Nvmd, that Braham fellow seems to have new armor.
She's a girl, sheesh, just because she's in the ugly duckling phase doesn't mean you have to go all "dude" on her!
Yeah, the Preview page is usually just a quick overview of the major events, but they always understate the new content. It's designed to be a quick summary, not a full outline. Patch notes should be here Monday or Tuesday.
Probably Tuesday, but yeah. Not that I advocate getting one's hopes up or expecting more or whatever, but for example, I consider the update to the chest loot at the World Events (and the institution of the one-a-day resets) to have been the most significant part of the last update. Try finding it on this page however, and you'll come up short.

Shenanigans, if I may?

He's clearly a heavy armor class and I thought I knew all the medium armors and don't recognize it!

edit: Most similar to the "Woflborn" Norn cultural medium, but clearly not the same! http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/index.php?weight=2&race=3&color=10&sex=0&armorSet=cultmabi

Yeah it's definitely not a Medium Armor, whatever it is. It's weird though because it looks more like a Light Armor in the way it's sort of robe-like... but his weapons look like a mace and shield.

Edit: Damn you, Retro!

Retro

Yeah it's definitely not a Medium Armor, whatever it is. It's weird though because it looks more like a Light Armor in the way it's sort of robe-like... but his weapons look like a mace and shield.

For what it's worth, the HotW Heavy armor is basically cloth with little bits of armor stuck on at the front;
GUOCjCP.jpg

Edit: Damn you, Retro!

Bah, we're stepping on each other's toes in here today. I'm gonna go get lunch, have at it.

EDIT: Hahaha, just saw that Blizzard's going Free to Play... with a Warcraft-themed digital collectable card game. hahahaohwow.jpg

Retro

For what it's worth, her bow appears to be a new skin. Looks like some kind of steampunk chain-based recurve bow.

Particularly for Norn. I feel like robes + armor emphasizes the "warrior monk" aspect of guardians.

You know, I was actually going to comment that Warhammer Online's Warrior Monk class had that look, but I didn't play it long enough to see if they kept wearing cloth bits on their armor at higher levels so I omitted it. But yeah, I liked that look and it's something I'd definitely like to see more of.

I mean, Dhalion wears the Kodan heavy leggings and the rest is the "Dark" armor set. It's a good look, but lately I've been wanting something else. Even snagged the Primevil set when it was on Flash Sale because I wanted some more options to work with (and it was a great price to boot).

Retro

I hath double posted, for in my hate to respond to a new comment, I accidentally forgot to copypasta the quote into the first post.

Forgive me, o' Great and Powerful GAF Mods.

Retro

Double post OF the same post. I'm demoting you (I do not actually have the power to do this).

Yeah, I just added my comment up into the new one then fixed the old one. Normally no one would notice since it was only like that for 5 seconds, but you're anything but normal.

Does your F5 key even work anymore?

Looking forward to new items. Especially armour. Love to change the look on my characters.

Guys is there guild Mississions happening today and tomorrow?

Lunar15

For what it's worth, her bow appears to be a new skin. Looks like some kind of steampunk chain-based recurve bow.

You know, I was actually going to comment that Warhammer Online's Warrior Monk class had that look, but I didn't play it long enough to see if they kept wearing cloth bits on their armor at higher levels so I omitted it. But yeah, I liked that look and it's something I'd definitely like to see more of.

I mean, Dhalion wears the Kodan heavy leggings and the rest is the "Dark" armor set. It's a good look, but lately I've been wanting something else. Even snagged the Primevil set when it was on Flash Sale because I wanted some more options to work with (and it was a great price to boot).

I want more skin though, particularly for Norn heavy armor. The reason I like Bhrahms armor is because it has cloth, heavy armor bits AND shows a decent amount of skin. Don't get me wrong, this isn't for some creepy perverted reason. It's just that I think Norn wold naturally show more skin as they're tougher and more resistant to the elements. It's the reason I like a lot of their top tier cultural armor.

(Also, what's the point of having all these tattoo's if I can't show 'em off!)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking forward to new items. Especially armour. Love to change the look on my characters.

Guys is there guild Mississions happening today and tomorrow?
Actually I'm not sure if we'll have the open slot for a Tier 1 tonight :-/

Should have our Tier 3 tomorrow afternoon as usual, and we could do a makeup Tier 1 before the reset if there are people still needing their weekly rewards.

Actually I'm not sure if we'll have the open slot for a Tier 1 tonight :-/

Should have our Tier 3 tomorrow afternoon as usual, and we could do a makeup Tier 1 before the reset if there are people still needing their weekly rewards.

Can we push t3 to like 5 est instead of 4est?

Retro

I'm not really excited for April Fools.

Considering Halloween and Wintersday were amazing, I think this one could be too.

April Fools doesn't seem like a particularly important holiday, but there's not really a lot they can do in spring and summer that non-christians / non-americans would get. Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labour Day... none of them really work. I was surprised they didn't have any kind of Spring festival, but maybe that's part of the April Fools events.

We'll see, but from what I've heard ArenaNet likes to go all out for April Fools so... should be good.

Can we push t3 to like 5 est instead of 4est?

The reset happens at 8, so we'd have to be on and ready to go at the crack of 5. Last week it was almost 5 before we really started anyways.

If people want to show up and start looking for targets early, that's fine. It just means you'll have to baby sit them for a while, but we'd start sooner. I usually start looking for Sotzz an hour early just because there's so many places he can pop up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shouldn't we push Guild Trek t3 (or t1) an hour before reset tomorrow ?
Assuming research gets done in time.
Yeah, we should try to squeeze in a Trek before reset if we have the unlock in time. I wish I had the numbers in front of me but I'm at my work-office-job-thing.

Ashodin

It seems there are people attempting to do the job of officers in here (not that I mind the suggestions :p).

We will be slamming simultaneous guild missions in on Saturday. Most guildies will do t3 bounty, and a select few will be tasked with guild treks before reset. If we can fit everything in before reset, that is.

Count me in that pile as well. Still need to get my weekly done for the Bounty but I'm also a World Completer so I'd assume I'd be doing trek as well?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep you can expect there to be multiple chances to get your weekly participation in before the reset tomorrow if you show up in time for or before the scheduled bounty, and possibly after if there's enough of a cushion. Honestly tomorrow (and Sunday in all likelihood) are probably going to be huge for us.

Also I caution everyone against taking Ash being his standard safe dosage level of Ash-ness to be "serious business."

Ashodin

It's not serious business - but I caution against making statements about "when we should do this" and "we can do this saturday, right?"

Because for other members they will take that as gospel and then mass confusion starts.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Best we can do is provide a clear and consistent schedule to include the majority of our active players, with plenty of opportunities to make stuff up beyond that. Generally I think we've done a good job...

Friday evenings and Saturday late afternoons, EDT, are our big scheduled guild mission sessions. It's a great idea to regularly check the Guild MOTD on the "G" screen when you log in too, as that will have recurring info as well as any upcoming deadlines (like the lottery).

Specially scheduled (one-time) events will get announcements posted here and their own threads on www.gafguild.com.

It's definitely true that we don't want to deviate or discuss the scheduled days and times much (more than listing what they are) so as to avoid confusion. We have already had people showing up both an hour early and two hours late for the T3 bounties thus far, and while of course that's "their problem" so to speak, we definitely want to give as clear an idea as possible for the benefit of as many guildies as possible.

If you have questions about how the rewards work or what is necessary to do to participate then of course it makes sense to bring that up here. But generally we aren't going to change up the existing schedule. After all, this isn't the traditional raid scenario where if you miss the one occasion you're completely out of luck- you can just tag along for a makeup event at any point in the week.

If you're really concerned at missing out on your personal rewards for the week because you know you can't make it to any of the scheduled stuff, you can let me know and I can try to help ensure that a make-up is provided at a time you'll be around. But preferably make such requests by PM or in-game, again just to avoid general confusion.

Ashodin

Wintersday was kind of really long, but that was because it was around the holidays and a lot of families needed time to consume the content.

Man.. the bells mini game was the best one yet. I wish I had that everlasting bell so I could just play stuff all the time when I'm chillin. Which is always. Hence the name. Ahem.

Yeah... I just looked it up and 44g on the TP.. I guess I'll wait til December to try to get one. I didn't play enough this year to have a crack at it.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I don't know if you guy remember my arguments against combo fields, but this is the king of simple combat visibility I'd like to see: a big ol' red danger field on the ground. http://youtu.be/5DCqgowlTKo?t=12m35s

Friendly Fire fields would have little flame icons rotating around similar to the way the puzzle pieces do now. Water would have droplets, Light would have a white sun icon, etc.

And then spell effects as a whole would be drastically reduced for other players when there are more than 5 in the area. I'm talking super simple red/purple beams of light for fire and chaos magics.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guild Weapons :eek:
New guild weapons! there are a handful available in the game already but they're not all that cool in design.
Friendly Fire fields would have little flame icons rotating around similar to the way the puzzle pieces do now. Water would have droplets, Light would have a white sun icon, etc.
Great idea. I think their implementation of dangerous/hostile AoE is way too obtrusive for my tastes (I'd turn it off given the option), but as an additional display choice, why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom