• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishious

I'm glad to hear about the Bounty Hunt Training. Things were looking pretty grim for my 5 man friends guild before this. We were to the point of pouring our laurels into letters of commendation and we're still around 33,000 away from unlocking the bounty hunts. We already made to it Art of War 3 so it looks like we're all set for the update!

nataku

I hope one of the WvW rank abilities is a permanent, out of combat swiftness that doesn't stack with other swiftness buffs.

Ashodin

Anthony Ordon said:
The new weapons are exotics. They have unique skins and are only attainable through guild content. Ascended weapons may be available from guild content at some point in the future, but that hasn’t been decided yet.

FUUUUUUUUUUUuuuUuuUUuUck yeah

fuck-yeah.svg

Now it becomes between ascended accessories or guild weapons

WHICH ONE DO I CHOOSE

beaker-freaking.jpg

I've learned that my taste in what looks cool does not typically mesh with Anet's designers.. soooo I'm just going to wait and see what these things look like before I get excited.

Ha just did my first "dungeon" run, not sure if that is what it is called. Man that was a blast, I was just dying left and right, the GAFers I was running with were dying trying to revive me. Whoever it was that was helping me out, thank you! If anyone else is doing it later on or want to some time this week let me know, I want to go on more runs.

Ashodin

Ha just did my first "dungeon" run, not sure if that is what it is called. Man that was a blast, I was just dying left and right, the GAFers I was running with were dying trying to revive me. Whoever it was that was helping me out, thank you! If anyone else is doing it later on or want to some time this week let me know, I want to go on more runs.

The spirit of Hawkian was with them

Complistic

Dungeons are really some of the best content the game has to offer. It seems like a lot of people dont ever try them.

My theory is because dungeon sounds scary. They should change the name.

etiolate

Banned
I have some clarifications for you guys. The intent of the training mission is to make it easier for your small or less active guild to access other guild missions (or acquire anything else you need influence for). It’s not meant to replace standard bounty hunts or augment influence gain for guilds that can already earn a ton of it. To that end:
The commendations, rares, and silver are not awarded. That reward is specific to actual bounty missions.
The training mission can be researched and activated as many times as you like. You can stockpile up to 10. Keep in mind that researching a training mission will tie up one of your research slots and that boosting that research with extra influence will ultimately cancel out a portion or all of your gains from the training mission.

Hrm. I would have liked some reduced reward for Bounty Training. This still puts small guilds into the backburner status.

I like that they're quickly addressing the problem, but it still worries me that they released GMs in the state they did. We'll see how the fix works out. People go where the personal rewards are at, so this may help some smaller guilds but not all. It's still second-class status.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Dungeons are really some of the best content the game has to offer. It seems like a lot of people dont ever try them.

My theory is because dungeon sounds scary. They should change the name.
I think the majority of gamers are just accustomed to LFG tools. You can just join a queue in Warcraft and join 24 other people for a lengthy raid in no time.

Heck, Guild Wars 1 does a better job getting people into dungeons and groups with the Zaishen bounty system.

nataku

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Guild-bounties-bounty-hunt-time/first#post1683300

All of the missions are designed to be completed in the fifteen minute window. The pre-scouting methods were never used by the testers. Most found it far more efficient to start the mission and the search the map by dividing up our efforts.

Some of the new bounties are designed to actively encourage this approach instead.

The way bounties should be. The whole pre-scouting thing kinda ruins them, IMO. At the very least they need to get rid of the ability to repeatedly talk to bounties to keep them in place.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
At the very least they need to get rid of the ability to repeatedly talk to bounties to keep them in place.
Have to agree with that, you should have to track them.
You telling me your testers tracked down and killed 6 diffrent targets within 15 mins? that sounds completly unrealistic unless you have upward of a hundred people searching at the same time.

BRING IT ON.

Spirit3

After a few month hiatus I've come back to this but found that well it's a bit of a ghost town and there hardly seems to be any guild motivation in the second gaf guild.
I guess my question is where is everyone, is there room in the first gaf guild, do you guys still do dungeon runs (pretty much the only thing I want to do at the moment) and is there a summary of all the new stuff they have shoved into the game?

After a few month hiatus I've come back to this but found that well it's a bit of a ghost town and there hardly seems to be any guild motivation in the second gaf guild.
I guess my question is where is everyone, is there room in the first gaf guild, do you guys still do dungeon runs (pretty much the only thing I want to do at the moment) and is there a summary of all the new stuff they have shoved into the game?

Not an Officer but I believe there's still room in the Guild. Hit up Ashodin, Retro, Hawkian, or Jira with your Name.XXXX and they should be able to kick you an invite.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The second gaf guild is defunct. Join us, hopefully you're on SBI?

Things are about to go pretty nuts within the next week, you picked a good time.
We still do plenty of dungeon runs.

Spirit3

The second gaf guild is defunct. Join us, hopefully you're on SBI?

Things are about to go pretty nuts within the next week, you picked a good time.
We still do plenty of dungeon runs.

Sure am. I'll PM shortly look forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Ashodin

Sure am. I'll PM shortly look forward to getting back into the swing of things.

I'm online right now, if you'd like to get in, just PM me here with your name (or post it) or send me an in-game mail to Ashodin Venteal

To the guild bounty thing: pre-scouting was not possible because there was no dulfy guide before it released.

However, I'm wondering if we should try their method and see if we can hit it, or if we want to chance it like that. (we actually beat the last one within 6 minutes, so I think this is possible).

Spirit3

Sent Ashodin a PM, but in case I missed them my GW name is TheVeilrae.1265

The second guild had about 3 active users for the last week. So whenever I saw a player with the GAF tag I'd get sad.

Ashodin

Sent Ashodin a PM, but in case I missed them my GW name is TheVeilrae.1265

The second guild had about 3 active users for the last week. So whenever I saw a player with the GAF tag I'd get sad.

You will be welcomed into the loving fold.

Black lion keys are on sale. Buy them. You won't regret it.

For some reason my game crashed when trying to find Crusader Michele. I try to log back on but it keeps crashing. I have to verify all my files before the game is working for me. The weird thing is this didn't happen to me months ago.

Can't log onto my ele at all. I can log onto my alts but I don't know why I can't play my ele. It might have something to do with Sparkfly Fen. I don't know but it's just messed up.

i wonder what was the rationale to have no personal rewards for guild treks
With the current method of just pressing "F" when you find the guild trek spot, only a handful of people would get personal credit. There's no HP bar to tag, no finish line to cross. Maybe if instead you had a capture point per guild trek spot (like in PvP/WvW), that's one way to spread the personal credit.

Cels

Makes sense.

Should I be stocking up on something?

During Shadow of the Mad King, Black Lion Chests had a chance to give you something that you could only get during the event, like the chainsaw skin. Not sure if they'll do that again. They didn't do it for Wintersday.

etiolate

Banned
I think they got too much hate for the BLC skins on Halloween for them to bring it back. It was essentially online gambling and that can cause trouble in some countries.

Retro

I think if they add anything to Black Lion chests from here on out, they will either be;

- Extremely common.
- Also drop tokens that can be traded in-bulk for the item.
- Non-bound for resale.

hythloday

Definitely enjoyed the last strategy we tried for the guild bounty instead of scouting them out first. Scouting just seems cheesy to me (and takes forever sometimes).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's going to be even less worthwhile with the new bounties. Basically a guildwide decree, we'll be using the six-squad method instead of pre-scouting, even if it means more failure. We need to all brush up on the individual fights as they can be both tougher and easier in smaller groups. Still, very efficient and satisfying at the end.

I did like the strategy of doing the more casual guild trek prior to the initial bounty, and if anyone happens across a bounty during that hunting they could stay with the target.

Ashodin

It's going to be even less worthwhile with the new bounties. Basically a guildwide decree, we'll be using the six-squad method instead of pre-scouting, even if it means more failure. We need to all brush up on the individual fights as they can be both tougher and easier in smaller groups. Still, very efficient and satisfying at the end.

I did like the strategy of doing the more casual guild trek prior to the initial bounty, and if anyone happens across a bounty during that hunting they could stay with the target.

Also I like the non-scouting part, yeah.

TrounceX

Definitely enjoyed the last strategy we tried for the guild bounty instead of scouting them out first.

Agreed. Our strategy at first was terribly inefficient and confusing. I had no clue where to go half the time, who to help, or even if I was supposed to help. It was pretty frustrating.

I'm glad we got it worked out though.

Anyways, I'm really excited for WvW tomorrow. I hope we get a good turnout. We should definitely go after CD because they are total pushovers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom