• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some kind of Lancer might be cool, as an excuse to incorporate non-aquatic spears into the game.

Yea my friend was really disappointed by no land spear/lance combat. He loves that stuff, so hopefully that can be incorporated. It would make sense since they already have spears.

Some other weapons that could be included are crossbow/dual bladed swords/or some sort of ring blade or w/e they are called.

I think a lot of this stuff would come from how the characters are designed and where to expand them. Like I know they want engineers to be mid range support/damage dealers, but what would help them out lets say if they would want to go melee or long range. I do think fists should come in to play at some point. Martial arts classes/skills are always interesting to me.

Katoki

I'd originally wished that all classes could used all existing weapons. I don't know how they'd balance that stuff out but yeah.

Needed off-hand sword for thief and off-hand pistol for mesmers from what I remember myself "always wanting." Though I don't know what a guardian would do with pistols and the scepter would just be a club for thieves.

Jira

Interesting, they increased all the server caps on High pop servers (now Medium) in order to allow people to move (for free) to get a better experience. Yay ANet. I love how they can just keep increasing server caps rather than opening new servers.

markot

Banned
Theres only 3 medium servers >.> Also, ive noticed that servers that seem to challenge in tier one end up going in death spirals after a short period...

Katoki

Interesting, they increased all the server caps on High pop servers (now Medium) in order to allow people to move (for free) to get a better experience. Yay ANet. I love how they can just keep increasing server caps rather than opening new servers.

Hmm. Has it taken effect yet or not quite? I'm thinking about hopping back onto SBI because all I ever do in the little time that I log in is PvE now.

Edit: Ahhhh. Brother uninstalled GW2 so I can't check regardless of if I wanted to. Guess I'll wait til my new processor comes in and hope I catch it since I'm always up at odd hours now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GAF is loving Infinite, and it's right up my alley, but I absolutely cannot buy that game right now, I'm overloaded with A+ quality games to play through and I still can't get away from this monster even on non-patch non-Jewish-holiday days. Hooboy. Just gonna try to forget it's out until I hear about a sale.
Hmm. Has it taken effect yet or not quite? I'm thinking about hopping back onto SBI because all I ever do in the little time that I log in is PvE now.
I don't think SBI will qualify. Most likely we're "High" now with the new cap extensions :(

Katoki

GAF is loving Infinite, and it's right up my alley, but I absolutely cannot buy that game right now, I'm overloaded with A+ quality games to play through and I still can't get away from this monster even on non-patch non-Jewish-holiday days. Hooboy. Just gonna try to forget it's out until I hear about a sale.

I don't think SBI will qualify. Most likely we're "High" now with the new cap extensions :(

I'm also waiting for Infinite to drop a bit in price first. I'm not in a particular rush to play it either because the past week and a half has conditioned me to not play games at all since I can't.

Could you check the server list for me since you're online? Pretty pleeeease?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's actually Very High, along with... almost everything else

jBYjYhYSI7xZB.png

Yeesh.

Katoki

Wow. I guess around now is a bad time, lol. It's currently 2:38 AM in Hawaii. It also happens to be college spring break everywhere else, I believe.

I got Infinte for free with my new HD7950 card so I played it a bit this morning and it looks really cool. Had to drop mouse sensitivity all way down because I kept shaking camera to much when I looked around.

I think it's an artistic choice by Irrational but I don't get why all the NPCs have fat-man-hands looks like they can wrap one hand around their whole head!

I'll be playing this but at a much slower pace, I need to save my limited playing time to WvW.

Katoki

I thought about this a while back... but I think if I do manage to get myself back into SBI I'm going to take up a commander book and do havoc duty. I really did learn a fair bit from the time I spent on Jade Quarry about tactics, those tactics with my own play style, and the "spots" you want to do certain things in. The "spots" are only valid unless the "meta" changed again like LoL does every season.

Edit: This is AFTER I get the "Golden" title from hitting 200g.

Soroc

I've been slowly jumping back in this since launch. Started a Norn Warrior and really starting to click. Tried Elementalist when the game launched and I think I got overwhelmed and caused me to lose interest.

Anyway been really enjoying pve so far and thought I'd ask who I should get in touch with for a guild invite when I get on tonight? Is the official post still up to date in here? I should be on tonight around 6pm EST.

Thanks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's pretty much up to date with who to Contact, with a couple exceptions. You can also just post your account or character name here and whoever gets to it first can add you. :D Welcome to GAFGuild!

edit: Btw, in my experience Elementalist is a perfect "third class." I can't imagine what it would have been like to try one as my first character honestly, but once you understand the core mechanics of the game really well and know a lot of the encounters, it's an incredibly rewarding class.

Retro

Go Warrior or Go Home.

Don't think there's even a single weapon that doesn't have some valid, useful purpose. My least favorite is Hammer and even that's been getting some use lately.

I think more than any other class, they're right where they need to be. We don't get a whole lot of changes, for good or for bad. The benefits of being in development the longest.

Go Warrior or Go Home.

Don't think there's even a single weapon that doesn't have some valid, useful purpose. My least favorite is Hammer and even that's been getting some use lately.

I think more than any other class, they're right where they need to be. We don't get a whole lot of changes, for good or for bad. The benefits of being in development the longest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZJtaKe0JvE

This video shows just how fun hammers are in WvW. I will not be using any other weapon for my Warrior for awhile! Might even go for the Juggernaut.

Boogdud

Go Warrior or Go Home.

I'm pretty sure this is the Dev's opinion as well. After starting with an engineer and then playing every other class I have to say that out of the box the warrior just "works".

On an unrelated note, are they ever going to fix how crappy the leather accepts dye in the game? It pisses me off that I have abyss unlocked on two of my characters and they are both leather wearers and the dye looks basically grey on every set. With cloth or heavy it looks *jet black* but on leather it's barely dark grey.

Edit: Also, eff that video to the max. Titled "running free", expecting Iron Maiden, get Eminem. What kind of world is this...

Retro

I'm pretty sure this is the Dev's opinion as well. After starting with an engineer and then playing every other class I have to say that out of the box the warrior just "works".

On an unrelated note, are they ever going to fix how crappy the leather accepts dye in the game? It pisses me off that I have abyss unlocked on two of my characters and they are both leather wearers and the dye looks basically grey on every set. With cloth or heavy it looks *jet black* but on leather it's barely dark grey.

Edit: Also, eff that video to the max. Titled "running free", expecting Iron Maiden, get Eminem. What kind of world is this...

As I mentioned, it's because Warriors were the first class to be developed, so they've had the most time to cook. It should come as no surprise that Mesmers and Engineers were much later in the process (though I believe necros were early.. hmmm)

Try Midnight Ice for leather, it's actually darker than Abyss on certain materials. Here's the in-game link if you want to preview it; [&AgEmUAAA]. I do agree that some materials don't accept dyes perfectly, as heavy armor has lots of reflection/refraction issues (since, you know, it's shiny and metallic) that makes dark greys look more like dark blue.

Keep in mind that what you see in the dye panel isn't always true in the world; the game's ambient light scheme actually influences the colors too.

And yeah, the music choice was shit.

The patch goes live in an hour btw

Where'd you hear this?

Damn you guys! I can't believe you are all able to play and I have to "work"!

Might join in with my 3G connection for a bit but there is no way I'm downloading the whole patch on it.

I'll remote to home PC and load up guild wars so it updates while I am at work.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, that literally JUST went live.

I am the 50th person to view it.

edit: Yeah I can't get sucked into this, I have a ton of work to do, and I probably can't play until after 10PM. This is gonna be a long one.

edit: all this shit for living story. new POIs in wayfarer and diessa (no need if you already have WC)

Shambles

Bah. I have to do my taxes tonight, no patch for me :( Also I hope it's not too late to collect the lost items. I still had one left to do for the living story.

All prior Living Story achievements can still be earned.

Good

Boogdud

"Reduced quickness from 100% attack speed to 50%.

As we push to improve balance in both PvE and PvP, a few mechanics in the game will be receiving updates to promote fun and balanced play. In the past, quickness has granted double the action speed normally available to players. In PvP, this speed gives most players almost no chance to react to incoming abilities and allows for massive spike damage in extremely short periods of time. In PvE, the increased attack speed can trivialize a lot of content that would otherwise provide a good challenge. Therefore, we are reducing the speed that quickness allows by half of its current potential while slightly increasing the duration on player-activated skills."

----

Didn't see that one coming.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

As we push to improve balance in both PvE and PvP, a few mechanics in the game will be receiving updates to promote fun and balanced play. In the past, quickness has granted double the action speed normally available to players. In PvP, this speed gives most players almost no chance to react to incoming abilities and allows for massive spike damage in extremely short periods of time. In PvE, the increased attack speed can trivialize a lot of content that would otherwise provide a good challenge. Therefore, we are reducing the speed that quickness allows by half of its current potential while slightly increasing the duration on player-activated skills."

----

Time to stop leveling my Mesmer I made on Sunday? :-0

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

----

Sheeeit. I wonder what the duration on Time Warp is going to become?

And don't abandon your Mesmer just yet, things are going to get pretty interesting.

nataku

----

Damnit.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Jump to Guardian changes. Bug fixes. Nothing interesting.

Jump to Black Lion additions. Still no class change kit.

Maybe next month!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't count my thief out, I love quickness :<

Nothing about any duration changes in here that I see, I wonder if there are stealth buffs or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom