• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Are those April fools skins permanent? from BL chests? if so, gonna stock up on keys real quick.

They're being previewed from the PVP locker, no idea how we get them yet, but since it's a holiday I think they'll be widely available like the Wintersday skins.

Should be permanent though.

etiolate

Banned
Name change? Time to correct the spelling on my Engineer. Hopefully nobody has the correctly spelled name. Please let there be no other russian lit nerds to steal my glory.

Flame Turret skill:
Reduced recharge from 40 seconds to 25 seconds.
Increased main attack’s arc from 30 degrees to 60 degrees.
Throw Napalm skill: Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

That's a pretty big buff to flame turret. Might give it a go.

Ashodin

DcuNY5i.jpg

y helo thar.

God it's so hard not to rage about the Timewarp nerf but I know there's enough of that online. I'll just say I'm very very disappointed with this nerf in PVE. I understand for PVP though. I'm sad too because I haven't even got to try it yet, was saving it for dungeon runs but it sure looked awesome in the youtube videos I watched.

As for the other stuff, update doesn't really do much for me but it's awesome for the community at large. WvW updates are great and that's cool you can change your name. Weapon skins look pretty bad ass, will have to look into those. Glad they addressed a lot of the bigger bugs for events and some story missions. Some of those story fixes would have been nice when I did them with my Mes haha

They missed a bug I found last night though. Snowden Drifts has an enemy that's completely invincible at a SP. Luckily it doesn't affect the SP, it's the one that's in a cave up north I think where there's an event for fighting that mesmer sylvari and the SP is a communing one behind her with a portal to warp back out. There's another enemy that fights alongside here that begins with a "N" I believe and she's the one that's invincible. Didn't affect the event though, still completed it by killing mesmer and then bailed to grab SP and warped out. You can still report bugs in-game, right? didn't think about it at the time.

Cels

Quickness was too strong, okay sure I buy that.

What I don't understand why you would nerf Quickness BM Rangers like this and not provide some new build alternative, especially since Rangers don't have many competitive options in the first place.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I picked up the quest from the Order of Whispers collector in the Black Citadel (who greeted me as a fellow agent, btw, nice touch).

j4Ogg8VY6z8Ot.png

You gotta understand, I'd eat this kind of stuff up even if there wasn't a single achievement or reward at the end of it. An in-lore reason to do a mission for the Order of Whispers in the open world with some kind of equippable translator... I'm all over it. My spider-sense is tingling with the potential for future Living World arcs and permanent changes after each one...

The team working on this content has literally decupled from the February patch to this one. One can only begin to imagine what they'll be capable of after a few months' practice with stuff like this.

God it's so hard not to rage about the Timewarp nerf but I know there's enough of that online. I'll just say I'm very very disappointed with this nerf in PVE. I understand for PVP though. I'm sad too because I haven't even got to try it yet, was saving it for dungeon runs but it sure looked awesome in the youtube videos I watched.

As for the other stuff, update doesn't really do much for me but it's awesome for the community at large. WvW updates are great and that's cool you can change your name. Weapon skins look pretty bad ass, will have to look into those. Glad they addressed a lot of the bigger bugs for events and some story missions. Some of those story fixes would have been nice when I did them with my Mes haha

They missed a bug I found last night though. Snowden Drifts has an enemy that's completely invincible at a SP. Luckily it doesn't affect the SP, it's the one that's in a cave up north I think where there's an event for fighting that mesmer sylvari and the SP is a communing one behind her with a portal to warp back out. There's another enemy that fights alongside here that begins with a "N" I believe and she's the one that's invincible. Didn't affect the event though, still completed it by killing mesmer and then bailed to grab SP and warped out. You can still report bugs in-game, right? didn't think about it at the time.

Maybe the patch fixed it. It was working fine for me when I did world complete last week.

Maybe the patch fixed it. It was working fine for me when I did world complete last week.

This was just last night that I encountered it while clearing the zone. I looked at the patch info and they didn't address it. Problem is I'd have to go back to the zone and bounce between a few points to find the spot to get the exact details if I wanted to report the bug. Sucks that I didn't think of it at the time, was busy trying to rez a player while this invincible enemy tried to kill me haha

This was just last night that I encountered it while clearing the zone. I looked at the patch info and they didn't address it. Problem is I'd have to go back to the zone and bounce between a few points to find the spot to get the exact details if I wanted to report the bug. Sucks that I didn't think of it at the time, was busy trying to rez a player while this invincible enemy tried to kill me haha

Well I meant more that it was just a server bug rather than a permanent one. Sort of like events that get stuck or guild banners that don't despawn. They get fixed whenever the server is reset with a patch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tons of rumor and conjecture still at this point, but it's almost confirmed that there is a way to obtain the Fused skins without Black Lion Chests- it has something to do with fused metal scraps, a rare salvage item. "Jagged Fused Metal Scraps" are selling for 10g on the TP...

I can't wait to see the animation on the staff bird. That very well could be my staff skin :D I want to see the focus but it's going to be a battle deciding between the fused sword and the 8 bit sword haha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can't wait to see the animation on the staff bird. That very well could be my staff skin :D I want to see the focus but it's going to be a battle deciding between the fused sword and the 8 bit sword haha
It's... Meteorologicus (the Scepter Legendary) might be the only thing in the game with a more impressive animation.

I kinda wants it for my mesmer. Seems the logical evolution from my Ebonhawke staff...

My hype for the skins went from 1000 to zero when I saw they were Black Lion Chest skins, the amount of money wasted on the Chainsaw GS was enough to make me realize i won't gamble my loot away for a skin...

Edit:soon as i log saw one of my guildies getting the ticket from the chest, he wasted 250g ouch...

It's... Meteorologicus (the Scepter Legendary) might be the only thing in the game with a more impressive animation.

I kinda wants it for my mesmer. Seems the logical evolution from my Ebonhawke staff...

Then my Mesmer must have it! I'm a little worried I might miss it though, I'm going to be in Japan from April 4-21st (so you may not see me post much in that stretch) so I'll only have the first few days to try and get it! No way the April Fools festivities go past the 21st I imagine. Wonder if they will just drop like crazy as the wintersday stuff did.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My hype for the skins went from 1000 to zero when I saw they were Black Lion Chest skins, the amount of money wasted on the Chainsaw GS was enough to make me realize i won't gamble my loot away for a skin...
Well, 3 things:

1. Only the "Fused" skins are obtained through BL chests
2. It's different than Halloween. You get a ticket from the chest, and you can redeem the single ticket for whichever skin you choose; account-bound.
3. Stay tuned, as it's quite likely indeed that the skins can be obtained through other means.

Then my Mesmer must have it! I'm a little worried I might miss it though, I'm going to be in Japan from April 4-21st (so you may not see me post much in that stretch) so I'll only have the first few days to try and get it! No way the April Fools festivities go past the 21st I imagine. Wonder if they will just drop like crazy as the wintersday stuff did.
Not confirmed, but I have a reasonable degree of certainty that the festivities will last throughout the month.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Tons of rumor and conjecture still at this point, but it's almost confirmed that there is a way to obtain the Fused skins without Black Lion Chests- it has something to do with fused metal scraps, a rare salvage item. "Jagged Fused Metal Scraps" are selling for 10g on the TP...

Where do those scraps come from?

Run-M-Run

Fractals? Nothing and more nothing. Amulets? Still can't infuse.
Precursors? Nothing.
Badges of honor? Sets that already exists and could be acquired by other means long ago. Gimmicky ranking system.
Southsun cove? Nothing.
New skins? 2 sets of weapons, other time gated other via RNG gambling.
Character name change? 10 bucks.
Culling? It's not gone at all, they just alleviated it by enabling names to be shown before model appears. Even then it doesn't take far when the name disappears.

Oh god this patch is soo good arenanet am gods woop.

Reading this thread is like walking into a world where this game is perfect and every update is sooo amaaazing.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
If you've already done your dailies today, apparently if you do the pvp one, you can get another laurel today.

Lunar15

That remix is AWESOME.

I love how it's not a straight remix, but rather a really well done new version that hits all the right notes of nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom