• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
"Pets now benefit from their owner’s agony resistance"

I can die happy ;-;

Edit: Ash gonna get himself some Fused Weapons

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still no class change kit.

Maybe next month!
You should probably give up waiting for that :'(
Added the Name Change Contract to the Gem Store. Each Name Change Contract can change one character’s name once. Place the Name Change Contract in the inventory of the character whose name you want to change and then double-click to activate it. Name Change Contracts are available in the Service category of the Gem Store for 800 gems each.
“Fine Transmutation Stone” is now “Transmutation Crystal”
“Basic Transmutation Stone” is now “Transmutation Stone”
I'll never get used to this.

The game says new build in an hour :D

Race to world first WvW Rank 1 begins now~

Sweet. That means when I get home I get the new patch. It always stresses my OCD on patch day because I don't want to accidentally get two sets of dailies done on one day (which would upset me because my stupid brain would be convinced it was cheating).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Updated World vs. World UI screen to include a new ranking system and score breakdowns by map.
Updated Outmanned bonus to increase World XP, receive no armor damage on death, and increase experience.
Ba-bam.

Boogdud

So on the 4 second 'reveal' debuff on stealth now. How does a d/d dagger thief deal with that with snd/bs? Does it mean you can't perform a bs more than once every 4 seconds?

Engi changes, quite a few, nothing for me to get really excited about though. Buffing turrets... They would have to buff the damage output by like 1000% for anyone to want to use them. Static, uncontrollable drop-boxes that you walk away from right after you use them. That's just not fun gameplay no matter how you look at it.

"Blowtorch skill: No longer displays “miss” on attacks that connect at medium and far distances."

Any idea what this means? So when you're strafing (all the time in pve/pvp) it just doesn't tell you that it's not hitting now? Because if you're moving with the torch you hit about 1 out of every 20 shots. It doesn't sound like they fixed the issue with it missing like 90%, they just "fixed" the UI telling you it missed.

Kits still don't get weapon stats...

Man those are all so awesome for us for this week. We're outmanned a lot so increased World XP, No damage on death.. it's just godly! We were outmanned for a good 30-45 minutes when we first started on Sunday and we were wrecking Meguuma's skirmish squads. I can only imagine the XP we would've gotten!

Updated costs! Please be an adjustment down!

Arcteryx

That quickness change is going to BLOW for Rangers. I doubt I'll be playing my Ranger alt anymore until ANet actually works on that class.

That said, finally FINALLY we get the name change contract
fuuuu 800 gems
!

Proven

I'm finally back after PAX East and playing too much Monster Hunter.

I log in, and a minute later the patch comes out.

Alt+F4, maybe I should play some Monster Hunter...
edit:
That quickness change is going to BLOW for Rangers. I doubt I'll be playing my Ranger alt anymore until ANet actually works on that class.

fuuuu 800 gems
!

What quickness change? The only major thing I've heard is that thieves always get the reveal debuff now, which I so called a month ago.
edit2: Found the patch notes. I'm dumb.

I'm finally back after PAX East and playing too much Monster Hunter.

I log in, and a minute later the patch comes out.

Alt+F4, maybe I should play some Monster Hunter...
edit:

What quickness change? The only major thing I've heard is that thieves always get the reveal debuff now, which I so called a month ago.
edit2: Found the patch notes. I'm dumb.

Quickness effect reduced from 100% to 50% because it was instagibbing people. Affects sword thieves a lot and Time Warp groups in PvE.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
You can buy Invaders, Knights, Carrion, Clerics, Berserkers and Rabid! exotic armor with badges now.

Divvy

Goddamn, the new guild weapons are nice. Especially the shield and greatsword!

EDIT: Oh damn fused weapons are amazing!

Proven

Catapults no longer do damage to Flame Rams through doors. Outmanned buff is now an actual awesome buff. Will need to try how less culling works on my machine. This sounds fun for me.

Can anyone take screenshots of the new weapons and post them so I can see them since I am stuck at work and cannot log in.

I must have closed logmein, on my home PC, because my plan of remotely loging in and starting the update did not work.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can reproduce crashing pressing "B" in Heart of the Mists. Gonna try rezoning and see if there's the same effect.

edit: Yeah, I'm just crashing on trying to open the WvW menu from anywhere :(

jjMnH0UAXuYKz.png

Potential story spoilers:

In Scandinavian nomenclature, "Eirsson" is the surname that would be given to... well, Eir's son. Is Braham...?

There have been rumblings about a dragon egg about... "The Hatchery"?

Bearing in mind that this is the first Living Story arc, I'm pretty psyched. Even if it doesn't live up to its full potential this time around it's just so damn cool that they're committing to this kind of content. I think about what the ongoing story might be like in two years and it really gets me hyped for the future of this thing. :)

Taffer

Epidemic skill: Now requires line of sight of the main target to spread conditions to nearby enemies.

I can live with this, mostly because I never noticed you could use it without line of sight.

Death Shroud skill: No longer uses a custom skill bar interface, thereby allowing players using Death Shroud to see buffs, health, and endurance. The screen and sound effects are unchanged.

I am a happy necromancer.

Changing attunements no longer causes players to start autoattacking.

I am a happy elementalist.

Fixed a bug which allowed players to commune with places of power while downed.

I just used this to grab a skill point in Malchor's Leap guarded by an unpopular champion, it was pretty amusing. I still died, but I died happy.

OMG!

Thanks for taking the screens Divvy!

Wow.

Looks like i'm spending $20 dollars on gems when I get home.

Are these all from the Gem Store, or are some of them from the Guild Commendations Vendor?

Divvy

OMG!

Thanks for taking the screens Divvy!

Wow.

Looks like i'm spending $20 dollars on gems when I get home.

Are these all from the Gem Store, or are some of them from the Guild Commendations Vendor?

Guild weps use 4 commendations for each skin.

While the fused use tokens you get from BL chests.

I opened 10 and didn't get a token :(

Oh and the skins and the tokens are account bound.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All of the fused skins and a good number of the Guild are quite desirable.

Kos, the Guild ones (first two) are for commendations. We can afford them, too.... and of course the pistol is among the coolest pistol skins I've seen...

edit: Divvy, I think the Guild weaps have different costs. They're not skins, they're legit exotics.

Divvy

Kos, the Guild ones (first two) are for commendations. We can afford them, too.... and of course the pistol is among the coolest pistol skins I've seen...

edit: Divvy, I think the Guild weaps have different costs. They're not skins, they're legit exotics.

Oh yeah, you're right.

7 commendations for 2 handed weapons, 5 for main handed, and 4 for offhanded.

Oh and they cost 3 gold as well.

ARGHH!

Someone post the pistol and hammer for Commendations!!!!

If pistol is as cool as you say hawk, i'm going to have to go back to dual pistol build on my engi.

Divvy

Given the amount of bitching in Lion's Arch over the nerfs in the patch, I'm just going to stay away from the forums for a few days...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The "Super" (April/8-bit) weapons are among the most absolutely ridiculous items I've ever seen in any game.

j6zl8LCbc3g0M.png

jihQwm7zVggWg.png

jZC91ZiPR3eqF.png

The bird on the staff is completely animated with multiple joints.

Retro

fuuuu 800 gems
!

Paid Name changes are actually the same price as World of Warcraft, for what it's worth. Since names are one-per-game and reputation really is important, I think the price is actually merited here.

Quickness effect reduced from 100% to 50% because it was instagibbing people. Affects sword thieves a lot and Time Warp groups in PvE.

Don't forget Frenzy warriors and their 100 Blades. That's going to be painful.

It will suck for people who made builds around it, but this change honestly needed to happen, especially with the 100 blades instagibbing and thief shenanigans. I'll be the asshole and say it; if you were relying on quickness for your build, you knew it was overpowered and it was going to get nerfed.

The "Super" (April/8-bit) weapons are among the most absolutely ridiculous items I've ever seen in any game.

All of them have this amazing 'cube' particle effect pouring off them. Needs to be seen to be believed. Gonna be a good holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom