• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Hoo-boy.

Gaf is really different on the community side...

Hey, why don't we talk in circles about tons of complaints we've heard before instead of talk about all this fancy new stuff? Sounds like a fuckin' blast.

Don't get me wrong, I hate group think, and every complaint you had is legitimate. But coming in here and saying we're all nuts because we're excited for stuff is a little silly.

Although, I have just the place for you: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum

Also, Luchador, did someone in here tick you off? Complaints are cool but there's no need to be a dick about it. It's petty and childish. Never seen you in here but to talk about how cultish and horrible we are. Sorry we're such a disappointment.

Hoo-boy.

Gaf is really different on the community side...

I wouldn't let this one community thread represent others. There are some good people in here - Divvy, Jira, Proven. However, there are others who can be a little 'imposing' and somewhat obnoxious. I'm sure they think something similar towards me.

Personally, just air your opinion, but be ready to be told you're brainwashed/conditioned. For what it's worth, I don't believe this game is perfect, but I still play it and wait for the day that something really does change.

Run-M-Run

Well my problem is exactly how forgiving the community actually is. Those complaints I listed above are something that could have been fixed long ago, but alas I don't know what the hell anet is thinking about anymore. I actually do like the skins and whatnot, but as said they come with their own set of problems like we've experienced before. Feels like they aren't learning from their mistakes at all (or we aren't) and rather ignore problems agreed by the general conseus of players (from what you can tell by participating with conversations throughout the actual game). I rather see the community take a stand and see if anet reacts at all.

Don't get me wrong, I probably have more hours in this game than most of you, coupled with bloated achievement points. I've enjoyed the game a whole lot, but until those things are fixed I can do nothing but feel like it's getting worse and worse due no actions being taken. To see nothing but positivity is disheartening to say the least when the facts are like this.

I always felt gaf held developers to a higher standard than what arenanet are going on about their merry way past months.

Well my problem is exactly how forgiving the community actually is. Those complaints I listed above are something that could have been fixed long ago, but alas I don't know what the hell anet is thinking about anymore. I actually do like the skins and whatnot, but as said they come with their own set of problems like we've experienced before. Feels like they aren't learning from their mistakes at all (or we aren't) and rather ignore problems agreed by the general conseus of players (from what you can tell by participating with conversations throughout the actual game). I rather see the community take a stand and see if anet reacts at all.

Don't get me wrong, I probably have more hours in this game than most of you, coupled with bloated achievement points. I've enjoyed the game a whole lot, but until those things are fixed I can do nothing but feel like it's getting worse and worse due no actions being taken. To see nothing but positivity is disheartening to say the least when the facts are like this.

I always felt gaf held developers to a higher standard than what arenanet are going on about their merry way past months.

Well, like you said there's a ton that needs fixing, and I'm personally not going to hold my breath waiting for them to fix sPVP or WvW. Sure they've just set out a patch to 'fix' it today, but on first inspection... nothing has changed. Same zergs.

Classes are still horrible too, with many traits not working as described, or simply some classes doing everything other classes can but better (hello Warrior).

Then all the badges, and currencies, and of course the list you posted, which I agree with. However, since pretty much Day 1 this thread has been GAF Guild centric, and the overwhelming majority of those guys adore everything Anet have done since GW1. So, I can't blame them entirely for their - what comes across as - blinkered opinion.

Levyne

Banned
What's wrong with precursors?

What's wrong with fractals?

A monthly patch added two (three if you include 8bit soon?) skins. They are obtainable by various means, this is bad?

Now people can do wvw to get armors instead of something like dungeons, whats wrong with this?

Amulets aren't infusable still, are they supposed to be? Has anyone said they should be?

Are you me?

I'm you from the Darkest Timeline.

What's wrong with precursors?

What's wrong with fractals?

A monthly patch added two (three if you include 8bit soon?) skins. They are obtainable by various means, this is bad?

Now people can do wvw to get armors instead of something like dungeons, whats wrong with this?

Amulets aren't infusable still, are they supposed to be? Has anyone said they should be?

Let's not forget that for WvW types getting those armors costs Gold they'd rather use for Seige and Tower/Keep upgrades OR going to PvE side to farm rares and top tier materials to make it themselves. It's a good move meant to help out dedicated WvW players, of which there are many.

Katoki

Precursors do need some help. The only time they went down in price was during the Karka event where the market was playing the undercutting wars. Now that that's over and it's been some four months, check them prices now. They're still a "will never find one in the wild" type of item much like named exotics are for me.

Trey

Fractals? Nothing and more nothing. Amulets? Still can't infuse.
Precursors? Nothing.
Badges of honor? Sets that already exists and could be acquired by other means long ago. Gimmicky ranking system.
Southsun cove? Nothing.
New skins? 2 sets of weapons, other time gated other via RNG gambling.
Character name change? 10 bucks.
Culling? It's not gone at all, they just alleviated it by enabling names to be shown before model appears. Even then it doesn't take far when the name disappears.

Oh god this patch is soo good arenanet am gods woop.

Reading this thread is like walking into a world where this game is perfect and every update is sooo amaaazing.

People are critical. But any issues they have pale in comparison to their enjoyment of the entire game, and I don't believe anyone should feel obligated to be critical of every patch.

If you feel this thread is too soft on ArenaNet, you and anyone else who feel likewise are more than welcome to engage with GW2gaf in good spirits.

Of course, you will probably need to flesh out your skeleton list of issues there a bit. You'll notice that those super positive people provide a significant sum of feedback on the game, and are extremely integral to the guild's health.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Precursors do need some help. The only time they went down in price was during the Karka event where the market was playing the undercutting wars. Now that that's over and it's been some four months, check them prices now. They're still a "will never find one in the wild" type of item much like named exotics are for me.

Yeah they need to seriously do something about that. The reported scavenger hunt can't come fast enough.

That said, one of my guldies got a dusk from a risen in orr the other day. The sonofabitch

Proven

Instead of putting in Ascended Items to fill in the gap between Exotics and Legendaries, I would have rather they made Exotics slightly harder to get despite the outrage it might have caused, then make Legendaries require less to get.

Or, if you really didn't want everyone going for a Legendary then you shouldn't have given it any prominent space as a "you should get this achievement" whenever you log in. There was no reason for them to put that up there with the "joined the Vigil/Order/Priory" badges if it was going to be a binary thing that would take forever to get. At least the PvP and WvW stuff change all the time and even have progress bars.

There, that was my critical eye for the day.

I want to see how the culling changes work with my own eyes. My house recently got FiOS installed, and my gaming computer was one I built just before GW2 came out, so it should cut down on issues on my end. I'll be playing the next couple of nights in-between sessions of Monster Hunter so I'll come back here and whine about it not being everything I dreamed of and skimping on the free breadsticks in a couple of days.

I want to see how the culling changes work with my own eyes. My house recently got FiOS installed, and my gaming computer was one I built just before GW2 came out, so it should cut down on issues on my end. I'll be playing the next couple of nights in-between sessions of Monster Hunter so I'll come back here and whine about it not being everything I dreamed of and skimping on the free breadsticks in a couple of days.

First impressions - Culling is 'fixed', however, the overall issue with WvW remains. People just want to Zerg, at least now you can 'see' them coming.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Or, if you really didn't want everyone going for a Legendary then you shouldn't have given it any prominent space as a "you should get this achievement" whenever you log in. There was no reason for them to put that up there with the "joined the Vigil/Order/Priory" badges if it was going to be a binary thing that would take forever to get. At least the PvP and WvW stuff change all the time and even have progress bars.

Image my surprise upon getting twilight to find that it doesn't count as a legendary for that badge for inexplicable reasons.

Levyne

Banned
Living story stuff is a little better, but still very meh. Two little quick quests similar in scope to personal story quests. Just feels like there should be...more..

Ashodin

Living story stuff is a little better, but still very meh. Two little quick quests similar in scope to personal story quests. Just feels like there should be...more..

Every week man. More. You forgot, I bet.

If you haven't seen it yet:

fmSCd4v.png
oc1quaf.png

Fused Greatsword - Guild Spatha + Guild Tower Shield

Retro

Well, to be fair, there's two instances now that didn't exist there before. That's a lot more than they added in the past, and the potential for much more in the future.

I'm wondering if, when the Living Story moves on, if they'll be added as part of the open world.

Levyne

Banned
The weapons are nearly entirely separate of the living story stuff, especially the Guild ones. The fused ones acquired there are from BL chests, which exist separately from Living Story. I guess there might be a way to craft them from things dropped by Molten ______, but that's tbc

Guild Weapons/Missions are great, I have very few qualms on those

Ashodin

I'll say it again.

Every week the story will progress towards the next patch

And unlike the previous two patches, it will be more active and engaging, I bet.

etiolate

Banned
Fractals? Nothing and more nothing. Amulets? Still can't infuse.
Precursors? Nothing.
Badges of honor? Sets that already exists and could be acquired by other means long ago. Gimmicky ranking system.
Southsun cove? Nothing.
New skins? 2 sets of weapons, other time gated other via RNG gambling.
Character name change? 10 bucks.
Culling? It's not gone at all, they just alleviated it by enabling names to be shown before model appears. Even then it doesn't take far when the name disappears.

Oh god this patch is soo good arenanet am gods woop.

Reading this thread is like walking into a world where this game is perfect and every update is sooo amaaazing.

Look at your own complaints. They are both generalized and odd. I cannot tell what about what you think is wrong with the game. Bring together a well thought out analysis of issues in the game and I'd gladly join in the discussion. Say "Videogame? Soooo nothing." and I'll roll my eyes at you.

I want the community to be more critical, especially considering the closeness we have to the devs, but you can't post that vague manchild whining and expect it to go anywhere.

Levyne

Banned
post patch patch

Fixed a bug which prevented players from queuing for WvW.

Fixed a bug with dye improperly displaying on the Order of Whispers medium armor.

We’ve limited rares in mega boss chests to require the player be level 40+ to receive them. This is to keep acquiring rares consistent throughout the game; this will also help close up an exploit with newly created characters. This was accidently left out of the original update notes.

FUUUUUUUU I got a BSOD while downloading patches and my .exe is hosed :( I tried renaming the .dat file to generate a new one trick but no dice. I have a ticket open with ANET but I know damn well I'm just going to have to re-install the game and download all the patches again, redo configs for the controller, etc. Putting off the inevitable, sigh. Unless one of you guys have a brilliant idea? Just grasping at straws haha

Edit: By the Tyrian Gods, it's working again! It took over an hour to fix itself but it's downloading patches :D So I can leave the old .bat as .old, right? I believe people did this trick to decrease loading times for zones? I want to say I'll just have to reconfigure setting preferences and possibly my gamepad stuff. Hawkian, can you confirm this?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually, I might be about to blow your mind apart- all of your custom control bindings are stored server side. When I set up my controller at my sister's house for the first time it just worked out of the box and there was much mirth and delight.

jersoc

Actually, I might be about to blow your mind apart- all of your custom control bindings are stored server side. When I set up my controller at my sister's house for the first time it just worked out of the box and there was much mirth and delight.

this is by far one of the greatest features in MMO's today. Now, if they would just default to the superior esdf we'll be set.

Jira

How is there not a Super Rifle. I'm super mad, fuck.

Everything may not be there...though even if it were I'm guessing that we can probably get 2 of those awesome skins in one go. In that case my Guardian will be getting the grapesword and the shield.

Devs have said before that there are skins on PvP side that don't have slots in the locker. High ranked stuff. So they could easily just not put everything in the bank tab. Keep a couple surprises close to the chest.

Jira

Interesting thing to note is that Josh Foreman (guy who has done a lot of the JPs) has said some of the following that kinda ties into the SAB.

-My MOAJP is not Guild related.
-It will be it's own thing that anyone can participate in.
-Crystalas has a really good memory, and was also an amazing NES game.
-Assuming it doesn't get canceled (things are looking pretty good right now) it will be out before the summer.
-To make the hardest mode everything I want it to be, hard mode will probably be coming out a little bit after the main release.
-Also just found out it will not be permanent, but cyclical, coming back on line as new content is added. I'm pretty blah about that. It's got it's pros and cons. Biggest pro is that it makes the likelihood of continued development much higher.
-None of this is official.

Josh has also referred to this as "a game within a game" which really goes hand in hand with the new achievements. So take a look at that image I posted. In the new achievements there's stuff fore beating Stage 1 World 1, S2-W1, and S3-W1. I'm thinking that the fact that this will be cyclical means that when it comes back months down the line, we'll have World 2 put in and so on. Eventually it will culminate in a final boss battle and will for all intents and purposes be an entire jumping puzzle video game within GW2.

Durante

WvW is incredible now, played 5 hours or so yesterday. For the moment, most are still a bit too hyped and going for mega-zergs, but that did already start to change. Being able to actually see your opponents (and allies!) is a gamechanger. Who would have thought so?

Crazy shit going down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom