• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm, downloaded the quick patch but now anet won't send me an authentication email to log in :(

edit: bleh. maybe i need to take this as a sign to study for an exam tomorrow...

markot

Banned
Things they have to do asap!

1. Make necro pets not awfully ugly and also make them regen hp between fights...

2. Make Asura engineers get asura looking stuff as engineers >.<

Wallach

Dueling in the game? really? lol

Just about to log on, and there's a new build. Wat?

Yes, I have been waiting for that text wrap change for months. Shit is super annoying because it would often switch between wrapped/non-wrapped about 10 times per second on nameplates as people move around.

Proven

Things they have to do asap!

1. Make necro pets not awfully ugly and also make them regen hp between fights...

2. Make Asura engineers get asura looking stuff as engineers >.<

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind them being paper if they just decreased the damn cooldown time. Why the hell would anybody summon a minion for their sacrifice ability if it'll take forever to get it back and you don't even get a marginal advantage most times?

Edit: Same with Guardian Spirit Weapons.

anyone feel like doing any dungeon runs with me withing the next hour or so? I reached level 80 and I am wearing level 60 gear, I need to farm for some nice things but gets boring on my own. I am also broke so I can't afford any.

Oh good, it's not just me. Dang, didn't get to take advantage of the campfire someone set in LA :( Oh well, best for world bosses I imagine and none were about to pop up. Then again, Dragon Timer is just off on most of them today.

On another note, someone just tried to pay me 15s as a reward for porting him to the end of a JP in LA. It struck me that it speaks well for the community that Mesmers don't charge for this, they easily could. Gave the guy his money right back.

docbon

Ok gonna hijack this thread for some real tawk.

I wish they would hotfix the legion of engineer bugs just as they did for the hidden killer trait for thieves: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-Bugs-Compilation-1/first

gkaare went through the trouble of compiling this list of confirmed / possible issues, only to find out about a month ago that the devs weren't even bothering to read the stickied topic, so he stopped maintaining it, and eventually quit the game soon after.

Even after being informed of the existence of the thread, a majority of the issues brought up in the thread weren't fixed in this last patch. is it too much to ask for abilities and traits (especially scope) that the game launched with to function properly within the timespan of a year?

Wallach

REAL RAP.

But seriously I definitely think they are way too slow on class skill and trait fixes. I don't think I've ever had a character build between my Engineer, Ranger and Necromancer that didn't hit a trait-related bug and almost all the ones that I've personally hit are still there.

jersoc

I wish they would hotfix the legion of engineer bugs just as they did for the hidden killer trait for thieves: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-Bugs-Compilation-1/first

gkaare went through the trouble of compiling this list of confirmed / possible issues, only to find out about a month ago that the devs weren't even bothering to read the stickied topic, so he stopped maintaining it, and eventually quit the game soon after.

Even after being informed of the existence of the thread, a majority of the issues brought up in the thread weren't fixed in this last patch. is it too much to ask for abilities and traits (especially scope) that the game launched with to function properly within the timespan of a year?

screw the fixes, they need to redesign a lot of stuff. ok, maybe not NEED, but lots of trees just don't make sense. it's like this tree has that, but THAT tree has a skill that helps the previous, however you can't get em. so why get the first skill then? it's quite weird. of course i speak for guardians. also seems to have lots of filler. less passives, more actives please. make spec'ing mean something with at least one skill at the end you or something that will change another skill.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

That's really sad. Wonder how small the bug fix team us compared to the live and expansion content crew.

Katoki

So today was my first day back into WvW since a month or so ago and I'm greeted with everyone screaming about skill lag and just flat out lag for that matter. From my experience with it so far, it only really affects me within a certain radius of where all the action is going on. Once I get out of a certain range but am still within 900 in-game range or so of what seems to be the edge or that guy who ran too far out at you, input lag is completely gone. However it is nice to see the sea of enemy names and appropriately colored allies. The thing is that they're now just people standing there taking hits because they're probably lagging too hard to do anything about it. Ouch.

I'm not going to lie though... I do want to fill up that WvW experience bar just for the sake of leveling that up. Getting stuck in that "no-skill" zone really bites though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Jesus that's a lot of stuff. What are the most broken things?

Won

Damn, I wish I didn't click that link. Now I want to jump from a roof or something.
Sounds like they only fix bugs in their free time. /makingassumptions

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Dang, had connection problems during WvW last night. :(

But that was a hoot. Mesmer is a lot more fun in PvP than PvE. Mostly because almost all of their abilities are about dicking people around. I also love the boost in stats lower level characters get. My crit chance was hovering at over 70!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dang, had connection problems during WvW last night. :(

But that was a hoot. Mesmer is a lot more fun in PvP than PvE. Mostly because almost all of their abilities are about dicking people around. I also love the boost in stats lower level characters get. My crit chance was hovering at over 70!
Yeah we were wondering what happened to you! Mesmers definitely add a lot to a party in any game mode. I think we all hit Rank 3 during that little session.

I actually never experienced any skill lag even on EB, but apparently I just got lucky there. I wonder if it's mitigated with the render settings at all.

kaioshade

Whoever at ANet decided to make WvWvW part of map completion needs to be shot in the face. REPEATEDLY.

Map completion will never come for me because my server is not that active in WvWvW. Yay for me.

Whoever at ANet decided to make WvWvW part of map completion needs to be shot in the face. REPEATEDLY.

Map completion will never come for me because my server is not that active in WvWvW. Yay for me.
You're meant to take each poi slowly per week depending on which part of the map your World has. It's slow that way, but doable.

Although most of us got it when SBI had 100%.

I thought the pvp maps weren't required for the gift of exploration but were required for the been there, done that achievemwnt. Is that not the case?

Also.. exchanged some gold for gems and got a ticket last night. My fused dagger of force is quite sexy now. Totally worth the price. Now I can put my quest for incinerator on the backburner a bit and focus on ilya.

Complistic

Proven

I thought the pvp maps weren't required for the gift of exploration but were required for the been there, done that achievemwnt. Is that not the case?

Also.. exchanged some gold for gems and got a ticket last night. My fused dagger of force is quite sexy now. Totally worth the price. Now I can put my quest for incinerator on the backburner a bit and focus on ilya.

Nope. The idea was the incentivize PvE people to go into WvW (and I suppose then if they enjoyed it enough they'd go into PvP) and if everyone needs map completion this way, then it won't be as hard getting a group to take a tower just for its vista.

In practice, this only happens if your server has an overwhelming force at some point in time that coincides with your play time, because it's almost impossible to take certain things without a clear cut people advantage, or if that thing is being double teamed.

nataku

They need to just make it so you need to get in the general area of the POI instead of actually needing to go inside. Just run up and touch the gates or something.

YES I got the focus that's my namesake! Not only is it my name, but it has the stats I want and I use the focus all the time. It was the perfect focus even if it were differently named :D Well, unless you got the legendary one possibly.

oktarb

Anyone want to take a stab on things to do in GW2? There seems like a million things to do these days but I have no idea what's what anymore.

WvW
Storyline
PvE Side Quests
Exploration
Jump Puzzles
Crafting
Achievement Hunting
Dungeons (still baffled that there's no find group system)

Anyone want to take a stab on things to do in GW2? There seems like a million things to do these days but I have no idea what's what anymore.

WvW
Storyline
PvE Side Quests
Exploration
Jump Puzzles
Crafting
Achievement Hunting

Depends on what you are trying to do. Are you trying to get good lvling gear? Are you already lvl 80 and want your exotic gear? Do you want to get a dungeon armor aesthetic? Basically, what's your biggest priority at the moment? I'm a completionist so my top priority is getting World Completion but I also worked on the Personal Story at the same time and often let it dictate what zone I cleared next.

oktarb

Well I'm level 70. I was more wondering what there is to do overall. Seems like they've added a lot but I have no idea what's what anymore besides the features That launched.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

They're needed, best to get what you can any time our home borderlands map changes. I got EB the week before we ascended to tier 4, it was incredible in there, like a peace treaty had been reached.

WvW
Storyline
PvE Side Quests
Exploration
Jump Puzzles
Crafting
Achievement Hunting
The significant permanent activities you'll want to add are:

Fractals
World Events
Guild Missions (by the way, we will have Guild Rushes unlocked a week from today)
PvP (lol, did you leave this out on purpose? ;) I was honestly pretty dismissive of it before this week, too, but because of a mishap with the patch, I spent a bunch of time in 5v5 free tournaments and it is, in all seriousness, a total blast)
Playing the TP

Adding in more esoteric/long-term activities that are "goals" more than they are "things to do"... these will likely involve some farming, some dungeons, some TP, etc.:

Legendaries
Unique Exotics
Ascended Gear
Collecting dyes/perfecting your armor appearance

Then there's temporary/ongoing content:

Living World instances/events/scavenger hunts (you may have included the current Flame and Frost stuff in "PvE Side Quests" but I assumed that was regular hearts/events)
As of Sunday evening 3/31, the Super Adventure Box, which we know very little about but by all rights seems pretty big

edit: Oh, feel free to ask about anything I've listed if you don't know what it is/how it works

And on dungeon grouping check out my post about GW2LFG.com.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How do these work? Do you guys do em often?
They work by being awesome. :p

We do them multiple times a week- so far we have Bounties (tracking and hunting tough targets in the open world) and Treks (scavenger hunts) unlocked. The way it works is that we want to get the highest "tier" (most difficult) version done as a guild once a week, to give us Merits, a currency for the guild itself that lets us unlock more missions as well as cool buffs for the whole guild (like reduced waypoint costs).

On Fridays, we do a tier 1 bounty (two targets) at about 9PM EDT.

On Saturdays, we'lll do a trek in the afternoon EDT, prior to our tier 3 bounty at 4PM EDT, and probably again afterward. The Tier 3 is six targets to be killed within 15 minutes- and we need to get it done for the merits! ;)

If you participate in killing any one bounty for the week, you also get a personal reward of two Commendations, some silver and loot. Commendations are used to buy some rather good stuff at a vendor in Lion's Arch by the Bank. It doesn't matter which bounty you kill or what tier it was. The weekly reset for this happens on Saturdays at 8:00PM EDT, so typically we'll also do another tier 1 Saturday night so that people can get their Commendations for the week. But there are also "makeup" bounties 2 or 3 times during the course of a week for those that missed out.

oktarb

Thanks Hawkian!

I reached 400 in two skills last night but it seems like market gear is still better that the items I can craft. I'll do some research but is this the general assumption?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not better, just at the same level. :) Not all stat combos are available through crafting though (although the majority are).

Wonder if Khold was abole to get back on!

Thanks Hawkian!

I reached 400 in two skills last night but it seems like market gear is still better that the items I can craft. I'll do some research but is this the general assumption?

Make sure to check all the tabs on the Master Craft NPC for you professions. They have the recipes for the best items you can craft. They cost karma.

docbon

Jesus that's a lot of stuff. What are the most broken things?

The biggest one people complain about most is the scope trait, which is supposed to give you +10% crit chance while standing still. It hasn't worked since day 1.

Another trait I joke about after testing each patch is elite supplies, which is supposed to give mortars increased range, along with rifled turret barrels, which doesn't give the mortar bonus damage despite applying to all turret skills. If these two things were fixed, I could see more people actually using the elite. As of right now, there's no point having it on your skill bar when you can just use the grenade kit instead. Then there are weird issues with skills like magnet, which has a range of 1200 but refuses to actually pull things effectively if there's any minuscule height difference.

Deployable turrets, which allows you to throw your turrets instead of placing them at your feet, uses the older, weaker, turret stats for the thumper and flamethrower. This is face-palm worthy since it took players only a few minutes of testing after the patch went live to figure out something was wrong.

We also have issues with the behavior of our turrets. They sometimes try to focus on players who are around corners, effectively wasting multiple shots. It's especially annoying in situations when there are people the turrets CAN hit. Net turrets have a strange affinity for tower/keep doors as well, and will try to constantly immobilize them, making them questionable to use in tower assaults, which is a shame since they'd do a pretty good job at keeping small numbers of reinforcements from getting inside. These issues, along with their fragility in any sort of AOE, is the reason many players are hesitant to utilize them. (There's also the fact that you miss out on condition removal / stun breakers but that's another discussion)

Content wise, the patches that ArenaNet put out are great, but when it comes to technical issues, there needs to be a lot of improvement. It was superbly disappointing to log in on Tuesday only to found out that the pages worth of issues we had weren't dealt with.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The biggest one people complain about most is the scope trait, which is supposed to give you +10% crit chance while standing still. It hasn't worked since day 1.

Another trait I joke about after testing each patch is elite supplies, which is supposed to give mortars increased range, along with rifled turret barrels, which doesn't give the mortar bonus damage despite applying to all turret skills. If these two things were fixed, I could see more people actually using the elite. As of right now, there's no point having it on your skill bar when you can just use the grenade kit instead. Then there are weird issues with skills like magnet, which has a range of 1200 but refuses to actually pull things effectively if there's any minuscule height difference.

Deployable turrets, which allows you to throw your turrets instead of placing them at your feet, uses the older, weaker, turret stats for the thumper and flamethrower. This is face-palm worthy since it took players only a few minutes of testing after the patch went live to figure out something was wrong.

We also have issues with the behavior of our turrets. They sometimes try to focus on players who are around corners, effectively wasting multiple shots. It's especially annoying in situations when there are people the turrets CAN hit. Net turrets have a strange affinity for tower/keep doors as well, and will try to constantly immobilize them, making them questionable to use in tower assaults, which is a shame since they'd do a pretty good job at keeping small numbers of reinforcements from getting inside. These issues, along with their fragility in any sort of AOE, is the reason many players are hesitant to utilize them. (There's also the fact that you miss out on condition removal / stun breakers but that's another discussion)

Content wise, the patches that ArenaNet put out are great, but when it comes to technical issues, there needs to be a lot of improvement. It was superbly disappointing to log in on Tuesday only to found out that the pages worth of issues we had weren't dealt with.
Thanks- I'm going to make an ingame bug report for each of these when I get home.
Can anyone recommend a fast and easily repeatable event chain? Need to finish my monthly over the next 3 days.
Just following the world event train around after reset will get you dozens- I recommend doing that.

edit: Hmmm the fused bows have a badass effect on shot (unless that's a skill?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjpzCTeIElg

Complistic

If they were smart, they'd do away with putting the skins like the fused stuff in the chests and just make them cost 250 gems each on the TP. They wouldn't get the people who spend $50 on keys, but they'd pick up a whole lot more people who would buy a skin or two.

edit: my posts appear much less angry with this new avatar lol.

nataku

If they were smart, they'd do away with putting the skins like the fused stuff in the chests and just make them cost 250 gems each on the TP. They wouldn't get the people who spend $50 on keys, but they'd pick up a whole lot more people who would buy a skin or two.

Yeah. There's no way I'll buy keys, but I'd buy a skin or two directly.

I really hate black lion chest. Gambling just isn't fun.

Retro

I read them in the soothing tone of Jennifer Hale now, and since the Sylvari all have a British accent, it instantly lends you an air of authority to boot.

Yeah. There's no way I'll buy keys, but I'd buy a skin or two directly.

I really hate black lion chest. Gambling just isn't fun.

Yeah, I'd been saving my keys for just such an occasion, and even bought a couple 5-packs when they were on sale. Counting the keys I obtained from the chests themselves I ended up opening 31 chests. No tickets.

I bet those tickets make the mystery tonic taste terrible.

Xevren

Alright, done with Bioshock Infinite so time to jump back in. Though now it's Easter weekend and also a weekend with a fighting game major. I need to clone myself.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

For all the valid criticisms of putting unique skins in Black Lion Chests (and there are many!), this is the one angle I have to completely disagree with. Not that I wouldn't prefer they put them up on the Gem Store for (I'd buy at least 2 at 250, though not precisely with real $), but that they're not being "smart" or, in more morbid terms, maximizing monetization by doing it this way (at least at first). They have yards more data than we have access to, and I'm willing to bet all indicators were that they could turn a tidier profit doing it this way than listing them in the Gem Store at a low price.

Essentially we can probably all blame Ashodin at Halloween for indicating to them it was a good idea to do it this way. ;)

At this point, I remain optimistic that an additional method of acquiring the fused skins (or a skin) will be made available by the end of Flame and Frost. Of course, I could be wrong.

edit: Oh, and I opened 10 chests- no tickets, but I got that Tiger Charr Backpack skin. It's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! :p No idea what to do with it yet, really. Maybe my Norn Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom