• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

Is the gem store screwed for any of you guys? I've tried 3 different cards and paypal and none of them work. Tried re-logging, etc. nothing. Nothing about it on the forums, but some people are complaining in /m.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oof those were some rough bounties :( Our first total failure.

I need to read up on Komali a bit, unless this patch introduced a bug with his shield I must be missing something, that was crazytime.

On the other hand, our first ever T3 Trek was a success. Awesome resourcefulness throughout the guild there, great work!

Retro

Yeah, apologies for us not getting Sotzz (I didn't know he despawned, I guess it was an unpublished patch note) and Komali. I dunno if you guys could tell in Mumble, but I've been sick (Upper resp. infection) so I'm not playing much this weekend. Thought I'd give it a try and help out but I ended up just going back to watching TV on the couch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's generous that the T3 bounty is only 5 more merits than T2s. Twice as many targets in 15 mins is really intense, but the Challenges unlock would be 3 weeks out either way. Guild Rushes starting next Friday should be a blast though.

Jira

You know that map that I had posted that's been datamined? It might actually be a WvW map.

Original map:

FX1SvBV.jpg

In the mists:

54UhJ7o.jpg

Map with some POIs that were datamined:

qoKFvDt.jpg

Note the Red/Blue/Green starting points. The interesting thing to note is that this map file was paired with WvW maps only, not PvP, Fractals, or anything else.

Also, this map was found and may be some sort of lobby or simply a very unfinished map:

HTbXmHK.jpg

Credit to http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1bauv4/found_some_more_info_on_the_mysterious_new_map/

First time hearing the 8 bit version of the character selection screen music. lol But its not yet April 1st, so I'm guessing early April fools.

As some of you know I finally made it to level 80 (thanks largely to Hawkian for being awesome and generating a group to run story dungeons!)!

But I ended up feeling too good about it and gambled away all my laurel and pretty much all my gold (4 gold ...) on trying to get a dye rare enough to flip for gold :/

Sucks ... coulda made some of my cash back but I liked the colors to much to let go in most cases.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah I've done that...gambled about 30g in the mystic toilet for a precursor. Just saving up the ol fashioned way now. Or hoping some treasure chest rng decides to bless me.

So I just started playing this game again after taking a long break after launch, I reached level 36 before I stopped playing. I'm noticing a distinct lack of sub-level 80's playing on the server I'm on and I'm wondering if it's any better on Stormbluff? I like the game again but I really dislike having to solo everything.

docbon

This was way more fun when Mine Field was a blast finisher. Also broken.

Alas, gotta make do with what we got.

Also discovered that frost armor stacks in duration, in the process. With an ele to place the ice field, we were hitting at least 25 seconds of it on 5 people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I just started playing this game again after taking a long break after launch, I reached level 36 before I stopped playing. I'm noticing a distinct lack of sub-level 80's playing on the server I'm on and I'm wondering if it's any better on Stormbluff? I like the game again but I really dislike having to solo everything.
Are you NA? Considering joining the guild to help with stuff? Lots of us have alts in that range (and SBI is a Very High server, so you could guest here and somewhere else to see if the pop is better in the zones you want).

etiolate

Banned

SBI has an active population. You can guest here if you're NA. Tarnished Coast is also another good server to guest on.

The level 30-60 areas are going to have the least amount of people. The only exceptions will be zones with dragons in them, though Bloodtide Coast seems to always have people due to its nearness to Lion's Arch.

Wallach

Apparently they added a thing to the PvE monthly where you have to do 4 days worth of dailies. Guess I won't be getting my 10 laurels. Wonder who came up with that genius idea.

Boogdud

So you have to have a 5 man group for the super adventure box? Lame. As someone who is generally a social leper in mmos these group only events piss me off.

There were no 5 player games in the 8-bit era.

Won

So you have to have a 5 man group for the super adventure box? Lame. As someone who is generally a social leper in mmos these group only events piss me off.

There were no 5 player games in the 8-bit era.

There seems to be a single player mode? I have no idea what I'm doing and what's going on though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Apparently they added a thing to the PvE monthly where you have to do 4 days worth of dailies. Guess I won't be getting my 10 laurels. Wonder who came up with that genius idea.
That was just one of this month's 4 monthly criteria. It was by far the most ridiculously easy one to complete. :-/

OH MY GOD SUPER ADVENTURE BOX IS THE BEST THING EVER

I WANT THIS FOREVER
Pretty amazing stuff.

Wallach

That was just one of this month's 4 monthly criteria. It was by far the most ridiculously easy one to complete. :-/

It's either easy or not possible, which makes it a pretty dumb idea. There's really no reason to include a goal like that in the first place.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It's either easy or not possible, which makes it a pretty dumb idea. There's really no reason to include a goal like that in the first place.

None of them have ever been "not possible". You had a month to do 4 days of dailies. Whose fault is that?

Wallach

None of them have ever been "not possible". You had a month to do 4 days of dailies. Whose fault is that?

When I say "not possible", I mean it is possible to wind up in a situation where you can't complete it even though the month is still days from being over.

Nevermind that it serves no purpose any other goal would have served while being one of the only goals that can create the above situation. It's simply bad design.

Wallach

you could do the pvp monthly for laurels

It's not a big deal, I just get annoyed with how often you see amazing design and headpants design in the same game.

Edit - On the plus side, someone at ANet has already taken measures to tackle said headpants design for April (and, hopefully, forever moving forward).

hythloday

Dailies are kinds dumb. You feel punished if you can't play every day. Should make them weeklies imo.

If you just think of them as an optional thing that is guaranteed to win you prizes at some point in the future, that rewards you for doing normal things you do in regular gameplay (Oh hey I applied a condition! Points! I finished events and I was doing those anyway! Points!), rather than a chore, you don't feel punished. If you're in the "gotta log on and do this chore every day" mindset, yeah you'll get frustrated at points.

Sometimes I forget to finish my daily and I don't get a laurel. I haven't LOST anything by this, and I haven't been punished. I am still guaranteed to get the same stuff as everybody else, but slightly slower! No big deal! The same content will still be there for me tomorrow, or even next week.

Ironically, since they changed the daily/monthly achievements I actually STARTED finishing my monthly, since the WvW kills always held me back before and I never finished it once.

Also, the Super Adventure Box is the best thing ever.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Further ironically still they just added the ability to choose your dailies, so this will never happen again :p pants off head!

Retro

http://i.imgur.com/WFPyJXb.jpg

Anyone know how to get up there? I can't figure it out. I see no way up there.

You have to climb up through the inside of the tree, but not from ground level (there's an entrance there, but there's no way up). The entry point is on the other side of the tree, if I remember right. Mushrooms there don't lead anywhere, by the way. If I remember right, all that's up there are baubles.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Whelp, this certainly has been the best update ever. I forgive them to the lameness of living story.

nataku

You have to climb up through the inside of the tree, but not from ground level (there's an entrance there, but there's no way up). The entry point is on the other side of the tree, if I remember right. Mushrooms there don't lead anywhere, by the way. If I remember right, all that's up there are baubles.

But you can actually get up there? I saw the entrance your speaking of, but still saw no way to actually get to it.

I'll have to look more carefully next time I go in.

Lunar15

After being really down on the living story, I have to say that I'm quite happy with The Razing. Instanced content was really what I wanted out of it. If they can just keep a steady stream over a couple of weeks, it'll be interesting to see what happens. The writing, so far, is more interesting than most of the personal quest, that's for sure.

EDIT: That commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom