• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

After being really down on the living story, I have to say that I'm quite happy with The Razing. Instanced content was really what I wanted out of it. If they can just keep a steady stream over a couple of weeks, it'll be interesting to see what happens. The writing, so far, is more interesting than most of the personal quest, that's for sure.

The Personal Quest writing wasn't done by their writing team. We have no idea why, but they're in control now and it's noticeably better. I hope one of their little projects later on is to revamp the Personal Story... but I doubt it'll happen.

nataku

The Personal Quest writing wasn't done by their writing team. We have no idea why, but they're in control now and it's noticeably better. I hope one of their little projects later on is to revamp the Personal Story... but I doubt it'll happen.

Still blows my mind.

Retro

Okay, up for grabs; first come, first serve.

avatc8zay.jpg

Still blows my mind.

I think it has a lot to do with the way the personal story is very heavy on scripting and such, which perhaps the writing team wasn't capable of doing themselves. If I had to guess, I'd say the tools weren't ready for them to do it, so a lot of it fell to more technical staff while they were off doing... other things.

We have no clue why. I would love to ask them, it would be a refreshing change from the lame, non-questions most of the gaming press soft pitches at them.

Prodigal

Banned
Hopefully I'm not spammin' up the thread, but I've been trying to get enough gems to transfer to SBI. If any of y'all wanna trade some of yours for some Steambux (by means of selling TF2 keys on the marketplace - they sell instantly), then hit me up!

Retro

Hopefully I'm not spammin' up the thread, but I've been trying to get enough gems to transfer to SBI. If any of y'all wanna trade some of yours for some Steambux (by means of selling TF2 keys on the marketplace - they sell instantly), then hit me up!

You can't trade gems between players. The most we could do is send you gold, to convert to gems, to pay for the transfer.

_woLf

oh my god... I just realized that not only do the spiders have giant shades, but they moonwalk when not in combat mode....

Katoki

The Super Adventure Box world makes me nauseated after about 2 hours. At first it's cool and all that but then it gets more claustrophobic and dark the farther you go.

Katoki

I asked this in the other thread. Didn't get many answers. So I'll ask here as well.

Is the deluxe game worth the extra 20?

Not in my opinion. If I could change it, I would've gotten a refund and went for the regular edition. The only thing that stands out is the Mistfire Wolf elite skill you get that no one ever uses anymore. Dumbest thing ever imo.

Retro

I asked this in the other thread. Didn't get many answers. So I'll ask here as well.

Is the deluxe game worth the extra 20?

As someone who put down $150 for the Collector's Edition, even I have to say that the Deluxe just doesn't have anything to justify the price. The Elite skill is neat, but there are better in the game. Likewise, the items they give you don't last past level 40 or 50. The mini is really about the coolest thing in there, and even that won't see much use.

Pass on the Deluxe, spring for the regular edition and buy $20 in gems. You'll get more enjoyment out of extra bank space / character slots / etc.

Retro

I kinda like the "events never" part of the title. We've come a long way.

I suppose. We'll be in an OT3 at some point in the future, but it still strikes me as kind of absurd that the thread title, which was never really true to begin with, is now grossly incorrect after the revision to Orr earlier this year.

That and it still irritates me that the people who put a lot of work into the OT were basically dissed and had their carefully-chosen, intentionally benign title turned into a lame, trollish in-joke.

Lunar15

I suppose. We'll be in an OT3 at some point in the future, but it still strikes me as kind of absurd that the thread title, which was never really true to begin with, is now grossly incorrect after the revision to Orr earlier this year.

That and it still irritates me that the people who put a lot of work into the OT were basically dissed and had their carefully-chosen, intentionally benign title turned into a lame, trollish in-joke.

Who changed it?

Also, next OT: Guild Wars 2 |OT| By Ogden's Hammer, What Savings!

or

Guild Wars 2 |OT| BRB, Cancelling Our Subscriptions

Retro

Who changed it?

Teknopathetic. You can skim the first couple pages of this thread to get the gory details, but basically the OT reached 20k posts, Jira was in the process of starting the OT2 and Tekno just went and did it himself, while butchering the OT's content.

Trolling the game was just icing on the cake, I guess.

Proven

For some reason, I never really internalized that we were on OT2 this entire time. I thought we were still on the first.

Also, that commercial.

Retro

For some reason, I never really internalized that we were on OT2 this entire time. I thought we were still on the first.

Also, that commercial.

We burned through all 20k posts of the OT1 in about a month (8/21 to 9/19). The damn thing moved too fast to post in half the time, but we tried. Also, no surprise that Hawkian was the top poster in there, with 912 posts... roughly triple the next person.

Retro

ight thanks for all the help everyone. also are alot of people still playing the game?

Yep. Not only have the developers stated in interviews that the population has been steadily increasing, but GAFGuild is getting full again too. From December until about a month ago we floated ~300 members, then it jumped sharply after the last patch and we're creeping up on 500 again (last time I looked it was around 420 people). Seems like every page or so there's another person asking for an invite.

I expect a lot of people to be coming back thanks to the Super Adventure Box. It seems to be generating a lot of buzz and getting a lot of people to come back and give the game a try. I hope they stick around and see what else has been added/improved in their absence.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Gah, went to ikea yesterday and while I was putting nonsense together at night the update went out. :(

What's the timeframe looking like to get the new weapon skins? (i.e. how much do you have to play to get enough baubles) I wanna stock up on them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty sure he is trolling.

So many new things to do but with wedding coming up in 2 weeks not much time to play!
You is be get married?
Gah, went to ikea yesterday and while I was putting nonsense together at night the update went out. :(

What's the timeframe looking like to get the new weapon skins? (i.e. how much do you have to play to get enough baubles) I wanna stock up on them.
I dunno really, there's a chance to randomly get one of the skins per character per day in the zone chests.

It time varies based on effort. But it can go by fairly quickly even if you don't get the random drop. The fastest way would probably be to do the super adventure box with every character you have. Levels don't matter in there. You can easily get at least a skin a week that way. Probably more if you play heavily and farm baubles in the outer world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom