• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be in there when you get back, a vacation isn't that long.

Sweet, thanks.

Man, can't wait to get my CoF runs in tonight as it will give me enough tokens to buy two out of the three remaining gear pieces :) Soon, my precious, soon! I feel like a Path 1 and 2 veteran already which is neat. Need to play other dungeons but I expect I'll do that after getting the rest of my armor which will be after tomorrow's session. Then I'll need to figure out which weapons I'm going after and how to go about it.

For those of you that use the site to search for people looking for dungeon runs, do you ever see CoF path 3? I'd like to do that a single time for the achievement but no one seems to ever run it.

Kind of hope to get lucky and get a great sword skin drop, can't believe it's going for over 40g. That OMG MUST HAVE phase.

Got that gs skin to sell. Hard not selling it at 60 gold last night, but its a pretty sure thing that once it becomes unavailable it's going to be worth even more than that.

Hmmmm .... well, I know what I must do for the month of April with this game.

I need some gold and those chest aren't that hard, just have to have a partner to speed up the process. I have no clue how people are getting that lucky with RNG though :/

Katoki

Sweet, thanks.

Man, can't wait to get my CoF runs in tonight as it will give me enough tokens to buy two out of the three remaining gear pieces :) Soon, my precious, soon! I feel like a Path 1 and 2 veteran already which is neat. Need to play other dungeons but I expect I'll do that after getting the rest of my armor which will be after tomorrow's session. Then I'll need to figure out which weapons I'm going after and how to go about it.

For those of you that use the site to search for people looking for dungeon runs, do you ever see CoF path 3? I'd like to do that a single time for the achievement but no one seems to ever run it.

Path 3 really isn't that bad at all if it's the one I'm thinking about with the torches. I'm pretty sure they adjusted the torches a while back so you'd only need 3 of 5 rather than 5 of 5 to pass the beginning section which basically killed interest for that entire path for the longest time. I think the sour taste for everyone else is still there though with human nature and all regardless of if they had adjusted it.

If the right people're online, I'm sure they'll run it with you. I'll go if I happen to be online with 3 other willing people. Hawkian let's do CoF Path 3 sometime.

Yeah I figure many people don't read about the changes and don't know that Path 3 is easier than before. I think the true reason no one does it though is that people just do the paths for grinding either tokens or chests and the first two paths are supposed to be much faster. Probably the only single reason people even run path 2 is that there's the daily cap for 60 tokens per path. Otherwise it would be quick Path 1's over and over. Heck, some still do that anyway haha In any case, I'd be down to do path 3 with you guys whenever. Well, more like when I get back from my trip unless it's later tonight or tomorrow.

Retro

Are the weapon skins one-time-use? Like, you apply it to one weapon and that's it? No re-using?

Well, you can always use a transmutation stone to carry those looks over to another weapon, so.... not really.

Oh look, another currency...

yay....

TWO currencies. There are Baubles and then Bauble Baubles. How confusing is that? I thought it seemed a little deliberate, so I asked the devs and they said they did it intentionally to piss you off.

hythloday

Update notes, April 1, 2013:

- Players who are close to obtaining 77 Mystic Clovers will get a bonus chest similar to the Daily and completion chest. Upon opening the chest, a small leprechaun will jump onto your screen, flip you off, and take your clovers.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, you can always use a transmutation stone to carry those looks over to another weapon, so.... not really.

TWO currencies. There are Baubles and then Bauble Baubles. How confusing is that? I thought it seemed a little deliberate, so I asked the devs and they said they did it intentionally to piss you off.
Bauble BUBBLES.

Bubble_Bobble_cart.jpg

Retro

Update notes, April 1, 2013:

- Players who are close to obtaining 77 Mystic Clovers will get a bonus chest similar to the Daily and completion chest. Upon opening the chest, a small leprechaun will jump onto your screen, flip you off, and take your clovers.

-The Legendary achievement medal is no longer earned by combining Twilight and Sunrise into Eternity, but is now unlocked by combining two Eternities into "Infinity".

Those jerks. Don't they know all would be forgiven if they created a currency section in the collections for us.

I know that feel. I have a bank tab full of dungeon tokens, and it's spilling into a second. They did eventually make room in the collectables tab for candy corn, snowflakes and such, I'm sure Baubles will be joining them shortly.

Every time we chat with a dev, I ask about that and the Mini Trios datamined way back in December. Nothing so far.

Bauble BUBBLES.

I don't want to know anyone who didn't get the reference, man.

hythloday

-The Legendary achievement medal is no longer earned by combining Twilight and Sunrise into Eternity, but is now unlocked by combining two Eternities into "Infinity".

I heard you could get the new scepter, Buzz, by combining Two "Infinity" and "Beyond" (also a new legendary).

Shoyz

Am I supposed to be able to get past the map after the Raft riding segment? All it seems to have is a death drop and an instant-kill rapids.

If not, isn't there supposed to be a Boss Chest where I get 2 Bauble Bubbles or something?

Edit: Guessing infantile mode kills it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Am I supposed to be able to get past the map after the Raft riding segment? All it seems to have is a death drop and an instant-kill rapids.

If not, isn't there supposed to be a Boss Chest where I get 2 Bauble Bubbles or something?

No chests 4 u on infantile mode.

Shoyz

No chests 4 u on infantile mode.

Having spent hours trying to figure out how to get to the town with the event until realizing that there was a warp in Lion's Arch, it would really be nice if they made basic info like that and this obvious upfront :(

xeris

World 2 isn't in yet and the frog boss and bonus level is the real end. The rest is sort of a teaser for the next world.

Jira

Any written source? that means they bring back SAB month after next. In my veins.

Summary from the dev livestream:

More worlds and skins will be added in a future update, but not this/next month
The team working on SAB joined the Living Story team
The soundtrack might be released on iTunes later
SAB will be removed in May, but it'll come back later with World 2
The top 3 most requested / most prioritized skins are dagger, rifle and pistol, in that order

Xevren

Super Greatsword skin on a mesmer is weird. They don't really hold it, just kinda hovers, and when you do the auto attack it spins. Never seen anything like that before, pretty sweet.

Gritesh

I haven't played since launch, but today I tried to log in.

I swear before my server wasn't EU but now it is...and I need diamonds or something to transfer to a NA server...That did it for me and I logged out.

I was playing with GAF'ers before when the game came out and I know I wasn't on an EU server, did the servers get moved around or something?

Fewr

Just bought the game. When creating a GW2 account the thing says I need to input my GW info. So I did, and it says it's not correct.

I have checked and the info allows me to enter the GW website, so it is correct. I don't understand what's going on. I've submitted a ticket, I hope they can help me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was playing with GAF'ers before when the game came out and I know I wasn't on an EU server, did the servers get moved around or something?
No. :-/ There was an EU Gafguild at launch, we've absorbed them though...

When creating a GW2 account the thing says I need to input my GW info. So I did, and it says it's not correct.

Do you have GW installed? See if it lets you log in.

Jira

YYNhCzF.png

Here’s how it works:

• Each player who wants to participate can deposit 20 silver into the Guild Bank.
  • You can obtain one “ticket” for every 20 silver deposited for a maximum of 5 tickets to increase your chance to win.
  • Each lottery will run for two weeks where you’ll be able to deposit coin during that time.
  • Every other Sunday we’ll randomly generate a number and announce a winner.
  • The winner gets 50% of the total jackpot.
  • The number will be drawn from www.random.org and will be streamed via Twitch.tv or something similar so you can see that there’s no favoritism.
  • We’ll be keeping track of your donations and your number on a spreedsheet via googledocs that people can view from a link, but not edit.
  • If you win you won't be able to win again for 1 month so we can at least guarantee a different winner every lottery drawing.

You can start buying tickets NOW!

Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aio2V1lCnafAdGpVd3I5emhQZW0yYjI3dlpmOXNJbnc&usp=sharing

NEXT DRAWING: April 7th

Previous Winners:

Varix - 3/24/13

Fewr

Do you have GW installed? See if it lets you log in.
I think I know the SUPPORT account details, but I don't know my GW account info. I tried to reset the password, but it's asking for information about me that I don't know the answers lol. I'll just wait for the ticket to get an answer and go from there.

By the way, when creating a character, is there a specific server that will get me to play with GAF people? thanks

Jira

I think I know the SUPPORT account details, but I don't know my GW account info. I tried to reset the password, but it's asking for information about me that I don't know the answers lol. I'll just wait for the ticket to get an answer and go from there.

By the way, when creating a character, is there a specific server that will get me to play with GAF people? thanks

Stormbluff Isle

Ashodin

Man, I think FFXIV restarted my computer while I was sleeping or some crazy shit. It also wouldn't let me check to restart it. WTF Maintenance!

Ashodin

Yeeep, got the Super Greatsword skin (green) and pulled the rare skin as well. Thinking about handing it off to my girl (she'll be happy to have something new and shiny to swing around)

Wallach

I picked up the Super Short Bow skin on my Necro's run through it today. Will probably use it on my Ranger; there's like 4 of them I want for him in total (sword, greatsword, longbow, short bow) and I don't know if I'll have time to farm all of them via the green skins.

Ashodin

I picked up the Super Short Bow skin on my Necro's run through it today. Will probably use it on my Ranger; there's like 4 of them I want for him in total (sword, greatsword, longbow, short bow) and I don't know if I'll have time to farm all of them via the green skins.

6 or 7 alts through zone 1 + 2 = 24 or 28 bauble bubbles, if you really want more delete an alt, make an asura, zoom through the beginning, walk backwards into Rata Sum, complete zone 1 + 2 = bank everything, repeat

Also

NPWQSFe.jpg

So I have a:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Dual Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT
2gb ram
What kind of upgrade should I look into in order to run GW2 decently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom