• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

SAB has pretty much destroyed my gold stash. Bought the minis, the GS and the shield. Worth it though - the weapon animations arouse my entire nether regions.

So since I needed an excuse to use the shield skin I went back to levelling my Guardian. Coming from a Mesmer this close is boring as shit so far (currently level 54) but exceedingly stronger at PvE. The GS pretty much wrecks anything up to 7 levels higher. I'm hoping it gets more interesting with the level 80 builds but I'm not holding my breath.

Also Guild Rush = the shit.

Will do.

Edit: Added you.

I put in 1g for this month's lottery quite awhile ago but I have "N/E" on my name on the list. I'm Jest.9276 but I didn't win last months so I should be eligible. Jesta* is the person who won last month.

Edit: If necessary for added clarity, you can put "Jest Hatesyou" instead of Jest.9276 since that's the name of my main character.

Jira

I put in 1g for this month's lottery quite awhile ago but I have "N/E" on my name on the list. I'm Jest.9276 but I didn't win last months so I should be eligible. Jesta* is the person who won last month.

Edit: If necessary for added clarity, you can put "Jest Hatesyou" instead of Jest.9276 since that's the name of my main character.

Oh lol sorry I'll fix that and thanks I'll fix your name.

Ashodin

Oh lol sorry I'll fix that and thanks I'll fix your name.

derp derp derp

ooh top of the page!

GAF GUILD SCHEDULE:

Guild Challenges will be queueable next weekend. The weekend after that we start them! HOORAY!

This merits (ha) changes to the way we do things, and how we will communicate what is being done when.

Currently, we're on a schedule of T1 Bounty on friday, treks after that, and then T3 Bounty on Saturday in the afternoon, with guild rushes after that. With Challenges being, well, challenging, we'll be most likely attempting T3 Bounty on Fridays and Guild Challenges on Saturdays in its place. After Saturday's reset, we'll be doing T1 Bounty and Guild Rush runs to acquire the easy commendations.

Sound good to everyone?

Ashodin

They reverted Signet of Inspiration back to activating out of combat for certain buffs, including Swiftness. They also increased the amount of swiftness you get from SoI. They may have increased the swiftness access on focus, too. I don't remember all too well on that skill.

Hawkian the Masque loves Ashodin when he is running Staff in dungeons. Empower + SoI = boom 25 stacks of might for several seconds eat up

Yesterday I got enough comms (how? I don't know) to get the Guild Sunderer, so here it is

tdSVl5z.jpg

This brings my Greatsword count up to six. I love them all!

Katoki

Oh I wasn't concerned about in-combat SoI and swiftness; I just want to run around more quickly. Bottom line is that they still require mesmers to carry a focus around as a weapon slot then right?

etiolate

Banned
Oh I wasn't concerned about in-combat SoI and swiftness; I just want to run around more quickly. Bottom line is that they still require mesmers to carry a focus around as a weapon slot then right?

Yeah pretty much. In WubWub, I almost always run with a focus and blink. It gets me around the map quickly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In Wubstep my Focus, Blink and my Centaur runes (Air 1-4 also pragmatic) + Mirror are all critical. In the open world, I never use Focus so I'm just relying on the runes unless I really need to haul ass in which case I'll take Blink too. Mesmers are Swiftness-starved for sure. Granted they do almost absolutely everything else well.

lol51

I have a question regarding Diminishing returns with enemy loot.

How can I avoid it? I want to farm Blood. How do I farm for Blood without being affected by diminishing returns?

Jira

How can I avoid it? I want to farm Blood. How do I farm for Blood without being affected by diminishing returns?

Kill say Skelk, then change the mob type you're killing for a while (don't know how long) and then go back to Skelk. You can't just kill Skelk for hours on end.

The most effective way to do it, from what I can tell.. would be to form a farming group where everyone in the group is looking to farm something different. All of you farm one thing, like Shielk for.. X amount of time. Then move on to the next mob for the next players desired drop.. etc...etc... until you've farmed for everyone. Then you just send each other the desired mat. Magic Find gear and buffs helps things drop more often as well (though it's probably not worth gearing for it at lower levels).

As far as how the DR works and when it kicks in.. that's currently unknown. Anet keeps it close to the vest to keep bots from efficiently farming for RMT.

Getting a little burnt out, been playing too much

why are you not making obligatory blame-it-on-external-factors while rambling about how everything-has-changed-and-broken-promises like everyone else?

Why are you acting all decent-like and taking charge of your own happiness? that's not how the internet runs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Getting a little burnt out, been playing too much
You have been on for some period of time literally every session I've played in the last month, and you had a legendary already before the aforementioned month began. I can't believe you've lasted this long.

Take a break, come back in 18 days for the patch ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Orr is nice to just run through every so often. I had a lot of fun taking Mel and the Gates of Arah last night and just doing a couple lesser DE's in between. The bags add up real fast. But I can't do like "farming loops" or hit it more than a couple times a week.

Retro

why are you not making obligatory blame-it-on-external-factors while rambling about how everything-has-changed-and-broken-promises like everyone else?

Why are you acting all decent-like and taking charge of your own happiness? that's not how the internet runs.

3uZsW.gif

Welp I guess it's time to dive into my first bioshock game

I bought the first one on steam sale a while ago, I think I might play it a little each day. I tried it when it first came out, but it didn't really grab me. I've since heard that early on, it's kind of a slow burn and it takes a while to kick in. So I'll give it a shot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn Anvil Rock is all about that PvP.

I want Infinite bad, but I think I really must finish Dishonored before I get it to be able to live with myself.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you'd be surprised what a backlog can do for you
I have a backlog of like a hundred games.

:|

:(
props out to Arken for #29 on PVP
Damn, good catch. Nice.
5 Since 4/8/13 9:00AM PDT amesan.2401 Ramiamesan 444 41 91.55% Anvil Rock
Holy shiiiit that's a record.

If we keep the tourneys going in GAF (awesome hat trick last night btw) I'm on track to break into the positive for wins-losses rather soon. It's funny, I have a roughly-but-under 50% record in total matches, but closer to 75% in Tournaments, with basically all of my wins being either legit tournament wins where I was playing strategically, or accidental wins on hot join PvP where I didn't care or really even notice the score.

My favorite stat on my screen is that I have very close to the same number of wins with my thief versus my mesmer. They feels so completely different in PvP and they're good at different things, it's nice to be rewarded for using multiple playstyles. I'm intimidated to try out a third class in PvP... there's so much to keep track of. Luckily the third class I feel most comfortable with is Ele, and... well, anyone who has fought a competent bunker over a control point knows the rest.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That'll be a week from Friday... with a little luck anyone hopping in for that free weekend and joining up with us will be able to participate in our first Guild Challenge. :D

That'll be a week from Friday... with a little luck anyone hopping in for that free weekend and joining up with us will be able to participate in our first Guild Challenge. :D

Noooo. I'll be chilling on a beach in Dominican Republic that weekend, you must delay it to the week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom