• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could honestly be as simple as changing the colors (for example, they're all heavily blue themed, they could have green or red next time) as a way for people to show they were there for the first SAB event. That wouldn't suck quite as hard, and honestly some color variety would be cool.

I dunno, I just plan to get all the skins I want now, I know some people are looking to farm it up so they can sell the skins later, but I really just want to grab ones for my characters. I love the SAB, but I can't see myself farming it.

Good call on the color changes. That would be a simple and cool enough difference. Personally, I'm farming from a two birds perspective. Hoping to get the skins to sell for gold and using the baubles as a faster more dependable way of getting Obsidian Shards.

Also.. Chap had a couple comments on the PvE/WvW/PvP skill change front...

Jonathan Sharp said:
A couple things:

For PvE/PvP/WvW, we know that those are 3 different playstyles, we don’t just lump PvE and WvW together.

For those afraid of drastic differences between the game types – we’re not doing this. We’re mostly just splitting #’s (damage, healing, recharge, durations, etc.). Our old philosophy holds – once you learn a class in one area of the game, that knowledge should transfer to other areas of the game.

So.. no unique skills as of yet.. just number tweaks between modes. That should be more than enough though. I'm still patiently waiting for some Condi Thief love...

oktarb

Thanks for all of the kind words. So this was my 3rd seizure in my life. First one was when I was 16, 2nd was 17 (one month from turning 18) and now at 26. I had talked to my doctor last year about going off my meds as it had been nearly a decade while on them. Over the past few months I've started slowly weening myself off my meds. So I had finally been off of them for 2 weeks and then last night my vision started to cross and blur. It was very sudden and I knew something was wrong so I walked into the other room to let my parents know. As soon as I got into their room I apparently blacked out and started seizing. This went on for 3-4 minutes. Thankfully I didn't stop breathing like the other two times (this can kill you and if you ever see someone having a seizure, DO NOT TOUCH THEM until they stop moving. Once they do, roll them on their left side so they can get oxygen back into their heart/brain). Oh, I should also kinda preface this part with what happened on Monday. I accidentally tripped over one of my cats and hit the front of my forehead on the kitchen table. So I had a small sized knot and I iced it and it went down the next day. Also, one of the side effects for going off my meds is a chance to have a seizure. So the question is did hitting my head contribute to it? Was it a side effect of getting off the meds? Or unrelated to the two?

So I came to after about 3-4 minutes and there were EMTs around me and they started asking me questions. My mom told me I had a seizure and my reaction was something like "ugh dammit". She told me oh you hit your head tripping over Peanut and I thought that was when I had my seizure, of course my first reaction is "Is Peanut okay?". I was pretty damn out of it all the way till the ambulance and started to get more coherent and aware as time went on. Though getting into the ambulance I realized how damn thirsty I was, but they didn't have any water (wat). The EMT was having trouble getting the IV in my vein, so that didn't work out well. We got to the hospital and I was admitted to a room. A doctor came over to ask me some questions, then a nurse came over to hook me up to check my heart rate and blood pressure. So they then gave me what was essentially a muscle relaxer in liquid form since they needed to get some kind of anti-convulsant in me to prevent more seizures. They eneded up giving me two bags of that stuff too. Apparently they were worried that my heart rate was 90 (my resting HR is something like 75-80 or lower) and they couldn't understand that I get freaked out being at the doctors or a hospital cause I'm always afraid that they'll find something horribly wrong. It's all psychological but they just can't seem to grasp that. The nurse who was trying to put my IV in ended up missing and causing a huge bruise on my arm, but it doesn't hurt so whatever. They drew some blood (I don't even know what they did with it) and eventually it was time to go once they gave me a prescription. So I can also no longer drive for 2 years (again) and the doctor suggested I get on disability. When I got up to leave my entire body felt like it was made of lead and I needed help to move around without falling.

Fast forward to today and I slept for something like 20 hours throughout the day and every muscle in my body is just sore. Once again, thanks for all of the kind words all, it means a lot to me that so many of you care. At least I know my medicine works at such a low dosage with no side effects or long term organ issues. See you in game.

Thanks for the update, I know its probably hard to share that shit sometimes. We're a random lot of strangers but you're one us us. Not sure where you live but maybe move to a place where driving isn't a thing. I live in San Francisco and have only driven a handful of times. I can get everything delivered or take a cab. The bus system is fantastic too. 41 years and not a complaint. I in fact hate cars. My wife however would wither and die without one.

Ashodin

Thanks for the update, I know its probably hard to share that shit sometimes. We're a random lot of strangers but you're one us us. Not sure where you live but maybe move to a place where driving isn't a thing. I live in San Francisco and have only driven a handful of times. I can get everything delivered or take a cab. The bus system is fantastic too. 41 years and not a complaint. I in fact hate cars. My wife however would wither and die without one.

Nah I made him write it out last night ;)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Thanks for all of the kind words. So this was my 3rd seizure in my life. First one was when I was 16, 2nd was 17 (one month from turning 18) and now at 26. I had talked to my doctor last year about going off my meds as it had been nearly a decade while on them. Over the past few months I've started slowly weening myself off my meds. So I had finally been off of them for 2 weeks and then last night my vision started to cross and blur. It was very sudden and I knew something was wrong so I walked into the other room to let my parents know. As soon as I got into their room I apparently blacked out and started seizing. This went on for 3-4 minutes. Thankfully I didn't stop breathing like the other two times (this can kill you and if you ever see someone having a seizure, DO NOT TOUCH THEM until they stop moving. Once they do, roll them on their left side so they can get oxygen back into their heart/brain). Oh, I should also kinda preface this part with what happened on Monday. I accidentally tripped over one of my cats and hit the front of my forehead on the kitchen table. So I had a small sized knot and I iced it and it went down the next day. Also, one of the side effects for going off my meds is a chance to have a seizure. So the question is did hitting my head contribute to it? Was it a side effect of getting off the meds? Or unrelated to the two?

So I came to after about 3-4 minutes and there were EMTs around me and they started asking me questions. My mom told me I had a seizure and my reaction was something like "ugh dammit". She told me oh you hit your head tripping over Peanut and I thought that was when I had my seizure, of course my first reaction is "Is Peanut okay?". I was pretty damn out of it all the way till the ambulance and started to get more coherent and aware as time went on. Though getting into the ambulance I realized how damn thirsty I was, but they didn't have any water (wat). The EMT was having trouble getting the IV in my vein, so that didn't work out well. We got to the hospital and I was admitted to a room. A doctor came over to ask me some questions, then a nurse came over to hook me up to check my heart rate and blood pressure. So they then gave me what was essentially a muscle relaxer in liquid form since they needed to get some kind of anti-convulsant in me to prevent more seizures. They eneded up giving me two bags of that stuff too. Apparently they were worried that my heart rate was 90 (my resting HR is something like 75-80 or lower) and they couldn't understand that I get freaked out being at the doctors or a hospital cause I'm always afraid that they'll find something horribly wrong. It's all psychological but they just can't seem to grasp that. The nurse who was trying to put my IV in ended up missing and causing a huge bruise on my arm, but it doesn't hurt so whatever. They drew some blood (I don't even know what they did with it) and eventually it was time to go once they gave me a prescription. So I can also no longer drive for 2 years (again) and the doctor suggested I get on disability. When I got up to leave my entire body felt like it was made of lead and I needed help to move around without falling.

Fast forward to today and I slept for something like 20 hours throughout the day and every muscle in my body is just sore. Once again, thanks for all of the kind words all, it means a lot to me that so many of you care. At least I know my medicine works at such a low dosage with no side effects or long term organ issues. See you in game.

Damn, it sucks that you had to go through all that. I hope you recover back to your normal self soon.

Ashodin

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-30-2013/

tee hee

April 30, 2013
In secret foundries deep beneath the Shiverpeaks, the Molten Alliance forges deadly new weaponry that combine the fiery power of the Flame Legion with the iron might of the dredge. There, Alliance weapon smiths test their creations on innocent captives, perfecting their cruel technology until it is ready to unleash on all of Tyria.

In the last chapter of the Flame and Frost series, you’ll strike at the heart of the Molten Alliance with your comrades Rox the charr and the norn Braham. Take the battle into the enemy’s weapons facilities and defeat a final hybrid menace unlike any Tyria has ever seen!

yeah son

I don't know about you guys but that sounds like a dungeon to me

VINDICATED

I still need to get into the living story stuff, but I think it's kind of cool that they're adding new characters to the lore as it goes along.

Retro

Speculation:
The new dungeon's story mode will be Braham and Rox joining forces to stop the Molten Alliance, with the help of the undercover Whispers agent (the one doing all of the dead drops), who turns out to be (Order of Whispers Personal Story spoilers)
Tybalt, who faked his own death in a very public, visible way so he could avoid coming under suspicion. To commemorate his return, the Tybalt backpack skin seen here will be added in as a new Black Lion Chest drop

It will have the usual three explorable modes, one with Rox, one with Braham, one with the Whispers Agent.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whaaaaaat. Let's everyone remember that "new dungeon" is not even confirmed :p

So glad Jira's home 'n okay. Sucks to have to go back on meds and not driving, but your health is the really important thing.

Retro

Whaaaaaat. Let's everyone remember that "new dungeon" is not even confirmed :p

Sorry, but the Rules of MMO Speculation are well established. "Take the battle into the enemy’s weapons facilities" = Dungeon, until proven otherwise. I didn't write the rules, but I'll be damned if they aren't upheld.

Ashodin

Speculation:
The new dungeon's story mode will be Braham and Rox joining forces to stop the Molten Alliance, with the help of the undercover Whispers agent (the one doing all of the dead drops), who turns out to be (Order of Whispers Personal Story spoilers)
Tybalt, who faked his own death in a very public, visible way so he could avoid coming under suspicion. To commemorate his return, the Tybalt backpack skin seen here will be added in as a new Black Lion Chest drop

It will have the usual three explorable modes, one with Rox, one with Braham, one with the Whispers Agent.

Retro that shit is entirely false

Aren't we also suppose to meet our Rival during this arch of the living story?

I like Retros speculation very much.

What if tybalt becomes our rival? Official boards would explode.

Retro

Aren't we also suppose to meet our Rival during this arch of the living story?

I like Retros speculation very much.

What if tybalt becomes our rival? Official boards would explode.

Yeah, I could see people exploding, but I could also see another faction happy to see that character return, in any capacity.

More Speculation: male Norn and female Charr... what are the odds we see a male Asura and Sylvari and female Human in the next story arc? And they all become a sort of "replacement Destiny's Edge"?

Oh shit, I bet the male Sylvari who shows up all the time is Trahearne. Because nobody is sick of him being involved in the personal story at all yet, right?

hythloday

For you Wubstep people (and Commanders), if you're interested in the 8:30 pm WvW "tutorials" on Thursdays on the SBI teamspeak, they're looking to get more people participating. I've sat in on a couple and they're very informative. I didn't see this until today:

It's that time of the week again! And I am very excited about this week's syllabus.

Normally I have been posting the dirty details on the private forums since we've been working on tactics and map strategy, but this week is going to be different (apologies to last week's class, who are expecting something else).

Astarael Reven has proposed that we expand the Commander Channel training to a more formal version of Monday's meeting, since we will have a lot of our most active community members in TS already. We are actually going to advertise for this event, so we can make contact with as many people as possible.

Not only do all the commanders need to meet each other, the community here has a right to meet them and get to know them. So a tentative agenda would be:
•Welcome and Introduction (brief)
•Cosian/Shayla's Teamspeak Training
•Q&A on TS
•Brief rundown on forum participation for non-forum members
•Brief explanation of TNF/RSP
•Commander Roll Call: structure and tactical philosophy, preferred roles, availability (5 minutes each)
•Community Q&A (concurrent)

I will also be taking sign ups for Thursday night guest speakers.

I'm very excited about the potential for improved teamwork and networking. Please get the word out to your guildmates and commanders and encourage them to do the same.

It's a good time to be SBI.

http://www.stormbluffisle.com/index...ight-fights-and-roller-skating-party?start=40

Ashodin

ANY of the personal story characters could come back, since all you saw of them was the doors close on them.
I'm not sure Warmaster Forgal could though, being Vigil, he would badass it until the end for sure.

Retro

ANY of the personal story characters could come back.

Forgal
was enough of a badass, I wouldn't rule him out either. Also, is there anyone who actually hasn't had the Personal Story past that point? Cuz spoiler tagging this stuff is going to get ridiculous.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Considering this stuff is basically the only thing I'd have cared about being spoiled from the PS lines, I'd definitely recommend tagging it. Very very cool about the WvW Tutorials btw.

At some point I'm going to break down and install Teamspeak. Damn VOIP oversaturation...

I find this to be very cool art:
aP4YPE8.jpg

etiolate

Banned
Living Story Discussion:

I don't think it will be
Tybalt.
It would cause spoilers for some folks and they don't want to do that. Also, I think the dead-drop Whispers agent will be forgotten about. Plus, an event in Sparkfly Fen references said character as risen.

Ashodin

Living Story Discussion:

I don't think it will be
Tybalt.
It would cause spoilers for some folks and they don't want to do that. Also, I think the dead-drop Whispers agent will be forgotten about. Plus, an event in Sparkfly Fen references said character as risen.

I'm absolutely certain we'll be going after the Dead Drop Agent. They need extraction from their work. Sounds like a great setup for an explorable mode to me.

Jira

Ironically enough I live in the East Bay. I managed to bite my tongue while siezing so that hasn't been fun. My entire body aches as if I worked each and every muscle in my body. The good news is I know my medicine works since I was on it for 9 years without issue. Problem is I don't know if this was because I hit my head on the table the day before, if it was a side effect from going off the meds (one side effect was the possibility to have a seizure), or if this was just the head injuries I had back when I was a kid rearing its ugly head? I'll never know, but I do know that the meds work, it's a low dose, and there's no short term or long term side effects for staying on them. I'll never be able to drink alcohol, but eh there's worse things to do without.

I should mention this was my 3rd seizure. Had my first while playing Super Mario Sunshine at 16, the 2nd while sleeping right before I turned 18 and this one at 26 a few months before I turn 27. I'm pretty damn positive it's cause I went off my meds since I had zero issues for 9 years while on them.

Ashodin

Ironically enough I live in the East Bay. I managed to bite my tongue while siezing so that hasn't been fun. My entire body aches as if I worked each and every muscle in my body. The good news is I know my medicine works since I was on it for 9 years without issue. Problem is I don't know if this was because I hit my head on the table the day before, if it was a side effect from going off the meds (one side effect was the possibility to have a seizure), or if this was just the head injuries I had back when I was a kid rearing its ugly head? I'll never know, but I do know that the meds work, it's a low dose, and there's no short term or long term side effects for staying on them. I'll never be able to drink alcohol, but eh there's worse things to do without.

I should mention this was my 3rd seizure. Had my first while playing Super Mario Sunshine at 16, the 2nd while sleeping right before I turned 18 and this one at 26 a few months before I turn 27. I'm pretty damn positive it's cause I went off my meds since I had zero issues for 9 years while on them.

Dude, most likely it was lack of meds = increased chance of seizure, and the head bashing was the catalyst, unfortunately.

etiolate

Banned
woot bay area gaf

I just moved out of east bay to the peninsula

ER visits are a scary thing. I've had diabetic seizures and insulin reactions on more than one occasion. The worst was at my girlfriend's family house. Not a great way to make an impression, but her Father hated me anyways. (Never waste time trying to impress Asian parents.) I had another on a remote beach that was highly dangerous and they had to carry me up a steep walkway going up the cliff. I had another on the day of my sister's wedding. I was a groomsman and it happened as I was preparing for the ceremony at home. It including my step sister realizing I was acting strange, then my passing out, and a 911 call. Then it was the ER bringing me back, cleaning myself up, heading off to the wedding and puking in my rides car, cleaning off my face, getting dressed and me begging my step-sister not to tell anyone so the wedding wasn't ruined. I still did the wedding ceremony and DJed the reception. Nobody was the wiser. My sister and brother-in-law still didn't know about it for months afterwards.

You grow a great appreciation for emergency services and all they do. Even when you thank them like a drunken idiot afterwards or during, it never feels like enough thanks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Damn man. At least you already know the meds work, and I'm just glad it wasn't worse. Hope you can take it easy til you're feeling a bit better. Also not a glowing endorsement of the one Mario game I've never played.

What do you mean? Want us to give you money so you can buy exotic armor?
Of course not. >:|

I only meant that it's hard enough to find a GAF group that wants to play HotW and CoE after the daily reset, which is basically the only time I can play because I typically get home from work late. Everybody's either doing daily world events, WvW, or SAB. Throw in a shiny new dungeon, and it's going to be even harder.

Of course not. >:|

I only meant that it's hard enough to find a GAF group that wants to play HotW and CoE after the daily reset, which is basically the only time I can play because I typically get home from work late. Everybody's either doing daily world events, WvW, or SAB. Throw in a shiny new dungeon, and it's going to be even harder.

I would run CoE with you anytime its just that I do not have much time to play this weekend and all next week because I am going away but once I get back and if you still need to get your armor I will help you out for sure.

Really want to try all the dungeon that I did on my Engineer on my Warrior now to see how they go.

I'm in the 75th percentile on SBI.
Same here. 5075 Achievement points...I really thought I was probably really high up there before the leader boards released. My goal is to get in the Top 10 achievement points in the Guild.

Lunar15

The next Living Story arc should be set in Southsun and be "vacation themed" like old sitcoms used to do. Have some ancient Tiki curses and maybe an underwater tribal dungeon. I think it'd be sick.

This NPC is ready:

Lunar15

Got a bunch of new dyes so my new project is making dye sets for all the different Norn spirits. I think it'll look pretty neat. In the meantime, if there's any One Piece fans here (which, for some reason, I doubt):

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmmm stats aside, what are the coolest/most interesting Ascended items?

I just got the Luxon Pendant for my Mes yesterday. It's a cool icon and I really liked the Luxons in Factions, but I wish it was named more creatively than just "Luxon Pendant."

I think the Molten Ore and Ancient Karka Carapace are pretty cool, I think it's clever to have unique items that tie into the story arcs that come and go. The Southsun Rose is also an awesome name. I love the flavor text for the Asura-themed ones, and The Shiniest Shiny. Appleseller's Lucky Cog has to have the best in-reference of pieces I could foresee my characters actually using, but if I had my pick of anything it would probably be the Egg of the Crystal Queen. Glint deserves better than a Magic Find accessory :p

Lunar15

Still the best FE game.

And Ill watch more one piece once toonami starts airing it

1. It is, undoubtedly.
2. Problem with toonami is that, while I'm glad they're airing it, I have no idea where they're going to start. Sounds like they may even start somewhere halfway through season 5 or 6.
3. With all the pirates in GW2, I kept hoping there'd be one reference to One Piece, like if someone on the team was a fan. Alas, I'll just have to pretend the Quaggan Pirate quest is a reference.

Lunar15

All my drinking buddies are out of town/busy this weekend, so all I feel like doing is fractals forever.

Anyone down to join me on my quest to eventually hate fractals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom