• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, Gaf keeps starting stuff like a hour or 2 before I have time to check the thread :/

Oh, well, back to work I guess.
The times don't change. :( It's 9PM EDT Friday nights, 4PM EDT Saturday, and then ~10:30PM Saturday after the reset.

The guild message of the day will also always have this information in it (what you see when you hit G). I'm gonna edit it to include GMT too in a second.

edit: Adding to the bounty tips, being familiar with the path of a given one is really helpful, except some of them have so many potential spots that it's pointless, like Sotzz and Mayana, and Prisoner in a sense. For those having TONS of people in the zone is ideal, which is what happens if they're the last ones left, and that's good.

We had between 5 and 10 fewer people on overall than last weekend, which does give us less leeway, but honestly our second attempt (the more generous roll with Felix, Brooke, Brekkabek, etc.) was razor-close. Heartbreaking.

More than anything though, tonight 2-MULT just proved again he's the toughest bounty. That's 4 attempts, the closest we've had him is 25%.

jersoc

Please let my precursor buy order be fulfilled by morning :D

how the hell do you get this gold?! just a farm shit a ton?

i'm still holding out hope that the other method of percursors are still in the works and coming in months. at this point i still need to create a few greatswords for the skins i've gotten from the events.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, cursed shore plus a couple of skin drops from SAB. I also offloaded practically everything in my bank...

and with that...still not fulfilled...time to farm to buy it outright :(

Levyne

Banned
jbvkdIlZYxHOk1.png

It shoot's yellow sparkly arrows and leaves a flower trail.

Also I am now poor.

Levyne

Banned
2+ months of dungeons.
5 (really long) days of basically nothing but orr. Thanks, Harsgalt.
Two sab skins (one a gs). Practically emptied my bank and collections, also dumped karma into jewel boxes even flushed my skill points for mystic weapons to sell.

Edit: Looks like I started working towards it in mid february

jersoc

Yeah, cursed shore plus a couple of skin drops from SAB. I also offloaded practically everything in my bank...

and with that...still not fulfilled...time to farm to buy it outright :(

ah, that's pretty much what i do. but I don't play for hours much anymore cause of HoTS and monster hunter.

I could probably get a crap ton off my bank alone. Sitting at 105g, but will probably use some to buy those april minis.

2+ months of dungeons.
5 (really long) days of basically nothing but orr. Thanks, Harsgalt.
Two sab skins (one a gs). Practically emptied my bank and collections, also dumped karma into jewel boxes even flushed my skill points for mystic weapons to sell.

Edit: Looks like I started working towards it in mid february

nice, but does this mean we won't be seeing u for a while?

Hmm, I see another Operation: Tidal Sword in the making? Sounds like a good time for me to finally come back to this game. I'm definitely in if the thursday date is still up. Sadly, I probably won't go do the afterparty dungeon runs since I work the night shift starting at midnight that thursday.

And looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't done a single guild mission or experienced SAB.

And so nice Khold. I'm planning on going after pseudo-legendaries like Infinite Light and Mjolnir, but that's AFTER I level up all 8 of my professions to level 80 by crafting only. So I shall be down hundreds of gold before I even start...

Retro

And looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't done a single guild mission or experienced SAB.

Definitely check out the Super Adventure Box before it's removed at the end of the month. It's a treat, especially if you've been gaming long enough (read: especially if you are an old bastard like me) who remembers all the little things they're referencing.

looks like we're also losing most of retro's time to starbound soon :( Whose gonna tell us all those puns?

Oh, don't worry, I'll still be playing Guild Wars 2 pretty frequently, just not exclusively, and probably not much during the initial honeymoon period after Starbound hits. I'm still enjoying GW2 and am looking forward to the next few months.

There's a new Living Story starting next month, dungeon revamps and who knows what else on the horizon. Their "Early 2013 preview" page, if viewed as a checklist, is almost complete; all they have left to do is a PvP update and a LFG tool and everything on that page will more or less be done. I'm excited to see what they decide needs to be overhauled or added next, so I'll definitely be checking in to see all the new content and such.

But for the first couple of weeks when Starbound hits, I'll probably be a ghost. I've always said as much, told the other officers well in advance, and even passed up the co-leader position because I knew it wouldn't be fair to people if I disappeared suddenly a few months from now. Since there's no subscription fee gouging me each month, making me feel I'm wasting money if I'm not putting my time in (yay, Pay to Work), I don't mind if I miss dailies or even a monthly. But I'll still be on for Guild Missions, dungeon runs, etc.

If my time with Terraria was any indication, I'll get into it heavily for about a month, and then slowly play a couple of hours every day. Considering that a lot of my play time is in the off-peak hours, you guys might not even notice a difference after the first few weeks.

TLDR: You're all fucking stuck with my puns until the end of time, deal with it
JUWnj.gif

Thanks for the invite, gonna give this game a second chance and see if I enjoy myself.

Hope your second time around is more enjoyable. Not sure how much you played before, but try to approach it more like an adventure than a list of things to do to get to max level where the "real game" supposedly starts. Take your time, explore, see what's around the corner instead of running from renown heart to renown heart. There's nothing radically different waiting at Level 80, that just means all of the content is open to you. If you find you're not enjoying PvE, try WvW for a spell (and vise versa). Try a few Guild Missions with us, and when you get high enough, a few dungeons.

Oh, and don't miss the Adventure Box (in Rata Sum, take the Asura portals from any city to Lion's Arch and transfer from there). It's a game-within-a-game and must be seen.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Occupy Orr

The Pact needs your assistance! Come this Thursday at 7:30PM EDT to retake the once-proud land of Orr as a guild.

Please go "vote" for the Order you'd like to represent in the assault, we want to have three roughly-equal squads for the initial phase.

Credit to Katoki for the event title!

Ashodin

Oh Fuuuck they added an infinite use mining pick to the trading Post. 800 gems, binds to one character, makes lava spouts show up when you mine (!)

KingKong

Have they said anything about an expansion?

Feels weird that they dedicate so much time to all these little things that get people to check in every day and keep playing when they don't have a subscription model. Maybe they're making lots of money off people buying this crap though

So I just started joining dungeons the other day, thanks a bunch to the other fellow gaffers who were patient while we got stuck on Hodgins for a while lol, and it seems if I want to start doing explorer mode in dungeons I have to complete the story mode first? Seriously? :eek:

hythloday

You don't really need to do story mode first - as long as there is one person in your party who has, they can enter the dungeon first and pick Explorable mode.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still waiting for the Tengu :(

I heard they were supposed to be playable, since apparently they have complete voice work and all that.

Occupy Orr

The Pact needs your assistance! Come this Thursday at 7:30PM EDT to retake the once-proud land of Orr as a guild.

Please go "vote" for the Order you'd like to represent in the assault, we want to have three roughly-equal squads for the initial phase.

yess its on saturday, right when school ends

Feels weird that they dedicate so much time to all these little things that get people to check in every day and keep playing when they don't have a subscription model. Maybe they're making lots of money off people buying this crap though

The strategy is to add content continuously to make the game as enjoyable and dynamic as possible. This way it's fun and ever changing so it seems less stale. Once people enjoy the game, the money comes naturally. Though they do also offer special skins and things in the Gem store that help facilitate purchases that way as well.

I'm still waiting for the Tengu :(

I heard they were supposed to be playable, since apparently they have complete voice work and all that.

I think a lot of people are excited for the Tengu. I know that I'll be rolling one whenever they come along.

Edit: Also, am I the only one that constantly gets logged out of Gaf Guild? Super annoying...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh Fuuuck they added an infinite use mining pick to the trading Post. 800 gems, binds to one character, makes lava spouts show up when you mine (!)
You mean you can just buy it outright on the gem store?

I'm gonna need that, at least one of them. I run out of picks all the damn time and I'm too lazy and inattentive to buy a new one for days.

The only thing they've said about it specifically is that they are not actively working on one at the moment. Since there was a lot of talk about some of their team being devoted to one prior to the beginning of this year, I read into this that a lot of content that was slated to be packed into an expansion will be rolled out for free. That said, I wouldn't be surprised by a paid Q2 2014 expansion at all.
So I just started joining dungeons the other day, thanks a bunch to the other fellow gaffers who were patient while we got stuck on Hodgins for a while lol, and it seems if I want to start doing explorer mode in dungeons I have to complete the story mode first? Seriously? :eek:
You only need to have one person in your party that has to start the instance. The Story Modes are cool though, you should do them at least once apiece.
yess its on saturday, right when school ends
It's on Thursday...

edit:

Two important notes-

This upcoming weekend is a limited Free Trial. If you know anyone who is interested, these are the sites that have been given free keys:
Ten Ton Hammer
GameSpot
Twitch.TV
MMORPG
Curse
PC Gamer
ZAM
The sites all make it very obvious how to enter for a key. Let people know if they want to check the game out!

The other thing is that anyone who participated in the trial back in Nov. for the Karka event will have their account reactivated this weekend, just in case they want to give it another try.

Katoki

Occupy Orr

Oh damn we are using that name. Okay.

Katoki

I feel the "over 400 people on Stormbluff Isle" is kind of misleading as we have no more than 60 or maybe 70 (at the very most) online at peak. If I didn't know any better, my first reaction would be GAFGuild actually had 400 active folks.

On a side note, our invite list is getting long. I remember a few names that've been there for months who DO log in since we can see character information, achievement points, and what not.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, it's incredibly difficult to tell how many "active" or "regular" players we have in-guild due to design, but upwards of 200 have been granted the "Plays" designation meaning they've logged in within the last couple months.

I've never seen our concurrency hit 70, but 40-60 is a pretty stable "everynight" figure from my observation.

Some of the invites are people from the overflow guild who didn't come over in the initial rush. It's probably been enough time to remove those which I can do. I don't know anything about the others.

Complistic

We hit 70 the nights around the last update I'm pretty sure. Which blows my mind. That's a ton of people playing a 6+ month old MMO.

Also get the molten alliance mining pick. It's totally worth it. I'll get some pics in a few minutes.

Katoki

Yeah, it's incredibly difficult to tell how many "active" or "regular" players we have in-guild due to design, but upwards of 200 have been granted the "Plays" designation meaning they've logged in within the last couple months.

I've never seen our concurrency hit 70, but 40-60 is a pretty stable "everynight" figure from my observation.

Some of the invites are people from the overflow guild who didn't come over in the initial rush. It's probably been enough time to remove those which I can do. I don't know anything about the others.

I was being safe about it with the 70. I don't recall ever seeing it pass 60ish or so either but I'm not online all the time.

It makes sense if the still awaiting acceptance invites were invites towards the GAFO members, since I've never directly dealt with them. I was always under the impression they were more invites sent to people who asked here or were people being vouched for that never accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom