• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
We hit 70 the nights around the last update I'm pretty sure. Which blows my mind. That's a ton of people playing a 6+ month old MMO.

Also get the molten alliance mining pick. It's totally worth it. I'll get some pics in a few minutes.

Yeah I saw that on the TP. I guess in the long run it saves you money.

Complistic

To give some idea of what the new pick does

CjGPGjt.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was being safe about it with the 70. I don't recall ever seeing it pass 60ish or so either but I'm not online all the time.

It makes sense if the still awaiting acceptance invites were invites towards the GAFO members, since I've never directly dealt with them. I was always under the impression they were more invites sent to people who asked here or were people being vouched for that never accepted.
I've definitely seen us pass 60 a couple times! Though just. :)
To give some idea of what the new pick does
Want it, need it, must have it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm grabbing one for sure. I hope they add Axe and Sickle also I can be even lazier. I hate running out of gathering tools mid gather...
Happens to me all the time. I'm just godawful at buying extras. I'm pretty sure my thief currently has no pick equipped.

We need some kind of woodland destruction story arc to get the axe. And then evil crop mites to get the sickle. :p

Retro

why is the perspective so off in that picture lol? the character on top seems like a giant compared to the lionguard

It's a play on this poster. When I tried it at a more realistic scale, it lost too much of what made it a parody in terms of balance and detail. It just looked like someone standing on a statue. Basically the statue is too big compared to the bull, there's no where to get a decent straight-on view, and you can't actually climb up there. I decided the horribly goofy route was the best choice.

I mean "What is our one demand?" doesn't even make sense as a tagline for the event, but if I changed it too much you'd lose the intent, I think.

/shrug. Was just havin' fun and I promised Hawkian a funny banner/poster for the event.

lol i've never seen the other poster, so i mean that wasn't really factoring into what I was thinking. I pretty much thought it was good until I saw that lionguard at the bottom and was like whaaaat, and now I can't unsee the size difference

Retro

lol i've never seen the other poster, so i mean that wasn't really factoring into what I was thinking. I pretty much thought it was good until I saw that lionguard at the bottom and was like whaaaat, and now I can't unsee the size difference

Yep. We'll need to collaborate in the future and pick event names that can easily be spoofed with posters. I kind of want the next one to be a play on Japanese monster movies so I can purposely play up a giant character stomping around now.

Yep. We'll need to collaborate in the future and pick event names that can easily be spoofed with posters. I kind of want the next one to be a play on Japanese monster movies so I can purposely play up a giant character stomping around now.

You'll need the potion from the event in.. I think it's uh.. whatever zone Shatterer is in (i can't focus well right now). It can turn your character giant sized for a few seconds.

Occupy Orr

The Pact needs your assistance! Come this Thursday at 7:30PM EDT to retake the once-proud land of Orr as a guild.

Please go "vote" for the Order you'd like to represent in the assault, we want to have three roughly-equal squads for the initial phase.

Credit to Katoki for the event title!

Awesome! Gonna try to make it to this!

What does your Order mean? Is there different events for different orders?

Katoki

Awesome! Gonna try to make it to this!

What does your Order mean? Is there different events for different orders?

People're going to be split into groups depending on the Order they pick. There're three paths with event chains into Orr in the Straits of Devastation.

It's easier to split people up saying to group up with A, B, or C being the leader based on the Order chosen.

Some jerk keeps siege capping us in wvw, is it you jerks?!

Our server has never been accused of such actions before so I don't think it would be us. I also spend a good deal of time with our servers top commanders and they'd never pull some shit like that.

That being said, anyone can do stupid shit like that of their own accord. Screen shot the dude and report him. Anet is aware that it happens and they will action his account.

Cels

Server maintenance isn't supposed to be for another 5+ hours, but yeah possible connection.

In any case, this happened 2 days ago as well, and they were pretty quick about fixing the problem. Maybe same speedy fix will occur today.

Jira

I took the time to compile a general overview of what ANet has put into the game since launch. Don't ever let anyone tell you they're lazy and whatnot. All told, the patch notes come out to 70 pages.

Mad King update (October):

• A two-part scavenger hunt spanning multiple days
  • A four act event leading to the Mad King emerging in LA
  • Haunted trick or treat doors all around Kryta
  • A progression of the Lion’s Arch Lion statue breaking and the Mad King emerging
  • A new dungeon in the Mad King’s Realm
  • Reskinned the entirety of Lion’s Arch, including new music, and voice work
  • Costume Brawl for every costume and tonic in the game
  • Over 30 new events added to the world
  • New weapon & armor skins
  • New Minipets
  • New town clothes
  • New crafting materials and resource node
  • Hundreds of new crafting recipes
  • Skritt burglar events
  • New tonics
  • Halloween PvP finishers
  • Halloween Jumping Puzzle
  • Halloween PvE maze
  • 2 new mini-dungeons
  • 3 new jumping puzzles
  • 2 Halloween PvP modes (Last man standing & MOBA-like)
  • Karma added to daily and monthly achievements
  • 19 new exploration achievements
  • 4 new Jumping Puzzle achievements
  • 8 Halloween achievements
  • 7 new boss achievements
  • Paid PvP tournaments
  • More diving goggles added in the world with achievements
  • Dungeons award Karma on completion

Lost Shores (November):

• An entire leadup to the one time event through subtle additions to Lion’s Arch
  • A multi day event in LA leading to the destruction of the lighthouse
  • A new zone with one time events leading to the death of a giant boss
  • New events
  • 2 new jumping puzzles
  • New achievements
  • New weapon and armor skins
  • New town clothes
  • New Minipets
  • New PvE gamemode (Fractals of the Mists) which is an infinitely scaling dungeon system
  • New item rarity
  • New item upgrade type
  • New crafting materials and resource node
  • New dungeon rewards
  • New paid PvP tournament rewards
  • New sPvP map
  • 5v5 sPvP hot-join added
  • Daily & monthly PvP achievements
  • New qualifying point leaderboard for sPvP

Wintersday (December):

• Entirety of LA reskinned, new music, and new voice work
  • A 6 day event spanning across all 6 cities with different objectives each day
  • A tower defense/horde mode
  • A Guitar Hero-esque game
  • A CTF PvP map
  • A new jumping puzzle
  • New achievements
  • Presents spawn all around the world with enemies inside of them
  • New crafting materials
  • New town clothes
  • New Minipets
  • Black Lion Chest overhauled
  • New armor and weapon skins
  • New tonics
  • New team color option for sPvP

Flame & Frost: Prelude (January)

• Living Story
  • New Persistent events for the Living Story
  • New Living Story Achievements
  • New Daily and Monthly Achievement System
  • New Laurel currency for the new Achievement System
  • New Achievement UI Tracker
  • Lots of dungeon balancing
  • Can't zerg rush dungeons anymore
  • Lots of changes to Fractals
  • Guesting is now in game
  • Scaling for player damage has been adjusted
  • World transfers now have a fee
  • Orr got a big revamp, including the big temple bosses and loot
  • sPvP Tournaments are now 1 round matches
  • sPvP Tournament tickets are now 3 per player
  • WvW load times are faster
  • Tons of general skill balance
  • Lots of general world polish
  • New Black Lion items
  • New Backpacks

Flame & Frost: The Gathering Storm (February)

• Living Story progress
  • More Living Story Achievements
  • More Living Story Events
  • New Daily Achievement Types
  • You can now select what Achievements you want to do each day
  • Ascalonian Catacombs bosses were completely redone
  • Event Scaling in a couple events has been adjusted to make things harder as a possible test bed for the whole game
  • You can now preview items on the Trading Post
  • New Guild Upgrades
  • The guild mission system has been implemented and includes the ability to earn merits.
  • Added new Guild Bounty, Guild Trek, Guild Rush, Guild Challenge, and Guild Puzzle mission types.
  • Added new personal rewards for participating in guild missions. These rewards can be purchased with commendations
  • 20+ Events now give guaranteed Rares
  • New sPvP map - Spirit Watch
  • General updates to reward systems
  • General World Polish
  • General Skill Balance
  • sPvP Tournaments no longer cost tickets
  • sPvP Tournaments now have solo queues
  • WvW Changed the orange swords combat marker to show only if more than 25 people are in combat in the area.
  • New Black Lion items
  • New Hairstyles
  • New Eye colors
  • New Backpacks

Flame & Frost: The Razing (March)

• New Living Story Progress
  • New Open World content
  • New instanced story content
  • New Living Story Achievements
  • Monthly Achievements are now selectable
  • Leaderboards are now active at http://leaderboards.guildwars2.com
  • WvW World Ranks are now in game, World XP unlocks new ranks which get you passive skill unlocks, new titles, and more
  • Culling has been removed from WvW, you can actually see everyone you're fighting now
  • A new mission type, Guild Bounty Training, is available in Tier 3 of the Art of War line. Completing guild bounty training earns influence for your guild.
  • Three new Guild Bounty targets have been added.
  • Added new weapon skins to the Guild Commendation vendor and sorted the vendor’s available items into tabs.
  • Guild mission activations, completions, and failures are now logged in the Guild History tab.
  • The maximum number of Guild Merits that a single guild can store is 250. This is now displayed alongside the current count.
  • Mega bosses have had the way they award Rares changed. The current chests will stay lootable once per day per character, but each boss’s guaranteed rare item drop will be moved to a separate chest (visually similar to daily achievement reward chests) that can only be acquired once per day across an account.
  • General World Polish
  • General Dungeon Polish
  • General Fractal Polish
  • General Skill Balance
  • General sPvP changes and balances
  • Laurels can now be gained through either PvE or sPvP
  • Updated World vs. World UI screen to include a new ranking system and score breakdowns by map.
  • Updated Outmanned bonus to increase World XP, receive no armor damage on death, and increase experience.
  • New Black Lion items
  • Name Change Contract is in the gem store
  • Communal Boost Bonfire
  • Fused Weapon Skins
  • General BLTC UI changes

Super Adventure Box - April 1st, 2013

Most companies don't put much effort into April Fools. ANet makes full on game content, a game within a game. Here's the commercial they released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qEESY4x4U

The SAB is a homage to the old 80s and 90s games you may have played as a kid. It's like Zelda had a baby with Mario and Metroid thrown into GW2's combat system. Right now it's in game until April 30th and will be back possibly around June with World 2.

This is a general overview of the last 7 months. This was all free. Next patch is April 30th.

People're going to be split into groups depending on the Order they pick. There're three paths with event chains into Orr in the Straits of Devastation.

It's easier to split people up saying to group up with A, B, or C being the leader based on the Order chosen.

Ohh, ok.

Is there a difference in gold/ karma between them?

markot

Banned
Their events team should take over from their content team.

All their holiday events and stuff have been great so far. Their content additions? Flame and frost, craby land? Kinda meh.

Katoki

I never saw the initial maintenance notice to begin with. Oh well, I found stuff to read.

Edit 3 hours later: SoS really got us because of the maintenance. The score was pretty even before the maintenance but within 10 minutes of the maintenance ending, SoS was at a ~570 PPT score already.

Retro

I took the time to compile a general overview of what ANet has put into the game since launch. Don't ever let anyone tell you they're lazy and whatnot. All told, the patch notes come out to 70 pages.

Hard to believe all of that has happened in only 6 months. I can remember waiting six months for a patch that broke as much as it fixed, and maybe had content I wanted/was able to do.

nice. Keep this updated.

Also for visual stimuli, would be good to see little pictures of all new skins and gathering materials.

Ashodin

Two weeks indeed...

So WVW reset time was changed to be 2 hours before normal (8PM EDT to 6PM PDT now), so hopefully now we won't get Kvothe bitching because we do Guild stuff an hour after then :p

Also, gotta farm money for keys... I need the Fused Mace. I needs it.

oktarb

So I assume that the Flame and Frost Dye Kits will be going away and the 6 exclusive colors will only be found within those? So if I get a unidentified dye from a mob or Black Lion Chest it has 0% of dropping in those.

I bought 2 five packs and got zip. By zip I mean I didn't get any of the Exclusives I don't think but I may be wrong, still researching.

I do love my Molten Pick Axe. It yells "I melt your ore faces Muhahahaha!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom