• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Saw you guys owning pretty much everything last night. Looked pretty fun :) Im not in the GAF guild only because my brother and friends play and unfortunately likes to do thwir own thing. Waiting for them to stop playing to join you guys. Lol.

Thanks for taking over the zone with the karma merchant. Got myself the Balthazar armor set :)
Hey no problemo, grats on getting your Balth armor! And you guys can feel free to run with us any time you hear of an event, whether you'd like to repesent or not
but represent us dammit this is GAF!!!! ;)

By the way, this is sort of a preliminary thought/soft FYI, but I'm thinking for the Guild Challenges (our first will be sometime tomorrow night, and in all likelihood a clusterfuck :D) we'll want to split up into squads along the same lines (based on your Order choice) with the same leaders, because I know we'll have to do tactical positioning and stuff like that. We should also have one ground of ranged DPS folk that can roam to reinforce wherever help is needed.

And for any who might happen upon this thread that are coming from the trial weekend or don't have game yet, the $39.99 sale from guildwars2.com is on now up until April 28th. Two days later there's a content patch. :p

Retro

And for any who might happen upon this thread that are coming from the trial weekend or don't have game yet, the $39.99 sale from guildwars2.com is on now up until April 28th. Two days later there's a content patch. :p

I literally just updated the gaming side thread about the Trial Weekend with that info.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know I'm the token "omg uber fanboi" stereotype for GW2, but I simply have to say that, independent of my personal love affair with this game, $40 is just absolutely fucking ridiculous for what you get out of this product. It would have been ridiculous at launch, but with everything that has been added since and even more coming for free in 10 days, it's just a joke. Totally absurd value even if you merely think it's "good" and play a single character to 80, never touching it again. And if you don't, I've seen them be pretty generous (a little too much so in some cases, in my humble opinion) with full refunds if you submit a request.

Put more plainly: if you're even slightly interested, it would be bonkers not to take advantage of this sale.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Our Orr event was a smashing success! That was certainly the first time I've completed every major Meta event from Fort Trinity to the Gates of Arah! Great turnout and really solid coordination from all teams for Balthazar. I made well over 2g, not counting the two exotics and 3 rares I found (or the 4 rares from the first four temples)!

I got so many greens. And nothing else.

Time to invest in a Magic Find set. As opposed to thinking about getting an unlimited mining pick!

Katoki

Unless you need the T4/T5 mats, dump em in the Mystic Toilet for a chance at Rares.

I think most people play in such a hectic manner that most greens end up sold long before the player ever sees the forge and realizes it could go in there.

I personally don't bother forging greens because it requires them holding up inventory space until a return to town which may or may not happen. Not all of us are fortunate enough to have a portable forge either.

Edit: Damn, now I gotta go check out that mini game before I start on my next end-of-semester project.

I think most people play in such a hectic manner that most greens end up sold long before the player ever sees the forge and realizes it could go in there.

I personally don't bother forging greens because it requires them holding up inventory space until a return to town which may or may not happen. Not all of us are fortunate enough to have a portable forge either.

I don't have a portable forge or very much bag space. I pretty much do the following.

Send Collectibles to Storage.
Salvage White and Blue Items.
Send Collectibles to Storage again.
If Salvaging has given me Runes/Sigils/Medallions.. I set them to sell order on the TP.
Arrange like quality items together (Rares with Rares, Green with Green).

When that process doesn't leave enough space for the next encounter:
WP To LA
Forge
WP back to wherever I was.

I did it twice yesterday during our run and didn't miss out on anything. It does require actively paying attention to inventory but it's worth it imo for the rares. I got I think 3 addition rares from forging greens yesterday.

Katoki

I don't have a portable forge or very much bag space. I pretty much do the following.

If Salvaging has given me Runes/Sigils/Medallions.. I set them to sell order on the TP.

WP To LA
Forge

I did it twice yesterday during our run and didn't miss out on anything. It does require actively paying attention to inventory but it's worth it imo for the rares. I got I think 3 addition rares from forging greens yesterday.

My luck ain't that good. I used to do that before but gave up because I was basically getting another green in return. Sometimes it feels like certain accounts will never see certain things drop whereas other accounts will always be the stumbling across the "good stuff."

Delryk

Hey no problemo, grats on getting your Balth armor! And you guys can feel free to run with us any time you hear of an event, whether you'd like to repesent or not
but represent us dammit this is GAF!!!! ;)

Aha thanks. Started getting the Aidan's set (still need 3 pieces) but when I found out I could spend my karma I went all out!

I'll most likely represent GAF 99% of the time anyway :) They started fading away except for my bro and I'm getting used to staying home with a baby on the way with a wife that cant "support" herself.. :) So i'll be here lots!

My luck ain't that good. I used to do that before but gave up because I was basically getting another green in return. Sometimes it feels like certain accounts will never see certain things drop whereas other accounts will always be the stumbling across the "good stuff."

Understandable. It's a gamble and I don't always end up with as good a haul as yesterday. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. But at this point I really only need T6 mats and ectos so it's worthwhile to me. I can understand why it wouldn't be so worthwhile to others though.

Ashodin

iBjbRag.png

awww yeah I got it working with xpadder

WP To LA
Forge

Minus the Forge bit, is this the best way to maximize profits with drops? I throw everything up on the TP and don't salvage anything except salvage items.

What type of salvage kit do you use?

Minus the Forge bit, is this the best way to maximize profits with drops? I throw everything up on the TP and don't salvage anything except salvage items.

What type of salvage kit do you use?

If you're looking to absolutely maximize profit, it's more complicated than just TP or just Salvage. At the higher Tiers of Gear though, the Materials generally sell for more than the items do. There are exceptions with Rares and Exotics however.

I use the Basic Salvage Kit (blue color) for everything lower than Rares. Use Black Lion Salvage Kits (or Master Kits if I have no Black Lion) for Rares and Exotics.

My personal system though is largely influenced by my quest for a Legendary. So there are certain materials that I need that others don't. I imagine that people who choose to use their mats for Crafting (making money that way) would have a very different system as well. When I TP stuff I also go between a sell now or sell when someone buys depending on prices and how likely I think the item is to move rather quickly.

Katoki

I've also noticed that there is a huge difference in the mystic salvage kits (or just the masterwork one) and the Black Lion Salvage Kits. When they first revamped the events to provide a guaranteed rare, I used the BLKits and was seeing high returns of 2-3 ectos and sometimes nothing because that was the gamble. Lately, I've been using mystic kits since they just sit there and have noticed that I rarely ever get 2 ectos out of an item if ever. The normal haul I get out of mystics usually include the sigil/major rune and maybe a mithril ore. When I do get lucky and an ecto out of it, it is usually one ecto + sigil or rune if lucky and some mats.

Bare in mind that I'm coming out of the "I need more ectos camp," and that a whole lot of it is speculation and RNG so YMMV.

Complistic

I've also noticed that there is a huge difference in the mystic salvage kits (or just the masterwork one) and the Black Lion Salvage Kits. When they first revamped the events to provide a guaranteed rare, I used the BLKits and was seeing high returns of 2-3 ectos and sometimes nothing because that was the gamble. Lately, I've been using mystic kits since they just sit there and have noticed that I rarely ever get 2 ectos out of an item if ever. The normal haul I get out of mystics usually include the sigil/major rune and maybe a mithril ore. When I do get lucky and an ecto out of it, it is usually one ecto + sigil or rune if lucky and some mats.

Bare in mind that I'm coming out of the "I need more ectos camp," and that a whole lot of it is speculation and RNG so YMMV.

mystic salvage kits are the same as the yellow/rare salvage kits just with 250 charges. Always have been.

Katoki

mystic salvage kits are the same as the yellow/rare salvage kits just with 250 charges. Always have been.

Exactly, I missed actually saying the point being that they were "cheaper" or lesser so they yielded lesser returns for me. Taking from this, I should say that if returns were the focus then the Black Lion Kits are the ones that should be used all the time if possible. Otherwise it's almost pay-to-benefit here... almost.

Edit: Come to think of it, whenever I'm in the NPC screen the green sticks out more than the yellow so I never notice those kits.

Exactly, I missed actually saying the point being that they were "cheaper" or lesser so they yielded lesser returns for me. Taking from this, I should say that if returns were the focus then the Black Lion Kits are the ones that should be used all the time if possible. Otherwise it's almost pay-to-benefit here... almost.

Yup. The BL Kits give a 100% chance to pull upgrades (Runes/Sigils) and a 50% chance to get rarer materials. That's up from 80% upgrades and 25% rarer in the Mystic/Master kits so without a doubt use BL Kits for Rares and Exos whenever possible.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hitting x like opens quick find when i'm trying to play the critter rampage game, bleh!

edit: Options -> Accessibility -> Search for text when I start typing

Wow, this is straight old school. Tough as nails..

Sweeeet, early hidden heart container. now to make it to a save point with it.

markot

Banned
I think Rytlok is a terrible character whom I hate slightly less then whats his face jerk who ruined everything for everyone.

Lunar15

I think Rytlok is a terrible character whom I hate slightly less then whats his face jerk who ruined everything for everyone.

Rytlock outside of Destiny's Edge is pretty awesome. Whenever he's around Destiny's edge though, he kind of sucks. Which kind of goes for most of Destiny's Edge.

Lunar15

I'm trying to find a pair of gauntlets that I saw on a character, but could never find on Argos-soft or the wiki.

All I can remember is that it looked like they had angels on them. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Lunar15

That is indeed them. So, I guess the only way to grab those is through the GW1 hall of monuments, huh?

Shame, I really liked them.

Ashodin

Reddit has indicated that a lot of reason why the game is being laggy as fuck (or just plain WEIRD) is new blood is overflowing the servers with the free trial. Also conversion rate seems to be fucking stellar. hooray!

I think in the expansion, they should kill some of the Destiny Edge characters.

Those guys have been fighting each other more than the folks of 902011.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah it really feels like different people wrote them at different stages of the game.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was actually what happened.

Totally.

Especially Rytlock's general stuff managing the legions of the Black Citadel, he's really rather a badass.

Feel asleep very early last night, did we do some missions?

I'm at my niece/nephew's birthday party in the afternoon and I might not make it back in time for the T3 bounty this afternoon, but I will try. We need to remember to do a trek of some kind before reset as well!

hythloday

We attempted to do a T1 last night to get people their commendations, but we didn't actually have room in the build queue for one. Ash ended up starting a T3 just so we could kill something for commendations. Then we did a T1 trek.

And I think he said that we might have a newly available Guild Challenge to do tonight instead of the usual T3 bounty! :O

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cool, well I hope everyone got their commendations last night.

Aaaaactually, what we should do is this:

We have enough influence to speed up and finish the Challenges unlock (this number will decrease as we get nearer to the regular complete time, so we should wait a couple more hours).

This afternoon, before reset, we should speed it up to get the slot back. Maybe at the scheduled 4:00PM time that people know about (though I might not be back from the party D:).

Then we should do:

-A T2, or T3, if we do happen to have a ton of people on, Bounty (we only have the T1 for the week)
-A T2 or T3 Trek (we have only the T1 for the week)
-A challenge! (if we can complete it, we can get the merits both before and after reset)

It's potentially an extra 7-45 merits that we'd be missing out on if we just wait for reset. At the very least, the T2 bounty and T3 Trek could be done by 15 active participants, for an extra 10 merits. And we could at least try the challenge and get our asses kicked to see what we're up again. And of course, if you don't have your Bounty comms for the week you could get them.

Ash isn't on Steam, so hopefully he'll see this or I'll catch him in-game before I head out.

Then after reset, we can do whatever we want for people to get commendations.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sweet!

So a challenge attempt sometime before reset is possible? Cool.
Definitely. We've actually got enough right now to finish the unlock influence-wise, but we should still wait til right before we want to try it, to save.

Really no reason to at least give it a shot! Gotta run to the party now, I'll try to make it back as soon as possible so that I can help out! I should be back around 5, at least.

Levyne

Banned
Guild Challenge complete!

If they arent event chains as evidenced by the one 5-minute karka event, yet still have a 5 hour completion window, that tells me the perma-fail of the Mount M. event was indeed a bug. Otherwise that makes little sense to not be able to retry.

Taffer

I'm not certain but I saw that the Rush (one of the missions anyway, might have been Trek) also had a 5-hour limit on the Guild Missions tab, I think that it's just there to cancel the active mission if you don't actually go start it.

Retro

That front row of the group photo makes me think we should have a "Ladies of GAFGuild" Calender to generate some extra Influence. I know at least one of them is actually a woman too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom