• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

That front row of the group photo makes me think we should have a "Ladies of GAFGuild" Calender to generate some extra Influence. I know at least one of them is actually a woman too!

Didn't know Jest was female.

Hey... hey Jest. Retro called you a girl. You gonna take that?

Hey GW2Gaf,

Thinking of getting the game this weekend. Is the Digital Deluxe Edition worth a damn? Or is it just basically useless crap stacked on top of the game's price?

Complistic

No. As a huge fan of the game, the digital deluxe version isn't worth it. What you should do instead is buy $20 worth of gems and get some bonus fun/nice to have things that interest you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey GW2Gaf,

Thinking of getting the game this weekend. Is the Digital Deluxe Edition worth a damn? Or is it just basically useless crap stacked on top of the game's price?
Just to echo/clarify:

There's one thing in it that's unique and worthwhile (though useless in terms of gameplay), on thing it in that's unique and totally worthless (though you can use it in gameplay) and then a handful of useful but one-time-only stuff. Basically, it's a very expensive minipet.

The kicker is that you can buy the upgrade in-game through the gem store, and since you can convert gold to gems, if you REALLY wanted it one day you could just save up and buy it without spending any money.

In summary do not buy it.

Do, however, buy the shit out of the game itself. $40 is a laughably amazing value.

edit: Complistic's advice was great actually. If you were willing to spend the extra cash on it, do yourself a favor and just buy some gems and browse the store. There's MUCH cooler stuff available for the money.

Are there still keys available to try out the game this weekend?

My girlfriend is here with me and since she played the first one (and enjoyed it) I wanted to try and get a hold of a key so she can play.

Retro

Second Guild Challenge Complete!
chall2q0qbu.png

Jira

My girlfriend is here with me and since she played the first one (and enjoyed it) I wanted to try and get a hold of a key so she can play.

I looked around at a bunch of the sites and they seem to have run out at all 8+ sites.

NinjaJesus

Who should I talk to about joining the GAF guild? I'm not on you guys server yet, but I'll be making the jump ASAP.

Stuck on Ferguson's Crossing atm.

Katoki

Who should I talk to about joining the GAF guild? I'm not on you guys server yet, but I'll be making the jump ASAP.

Stuck on Ferguson's Crossing atm.

I can do it now. Send tell to "Katoki" in game or leave your character name or account name.#### here for us to add later. You also don't need to be on our server as you can use the guesting feature. This is unless you really wanted to transfer anyway to avoid having to guest every time you logged in/friends don't like the game anymore or something like that.

NinjaJesus

I can do it now. Send tell to "Katoki" in game or leave your character name or account name.#### here for us to add later. You also don't need to be on our server as you can use the guesting feature. This is unless you really wanted to transfer anyway to avoid having to guest every time you logged in/friends don't like the game anymore or something like that.

Awesome, hopping on now! Appreciate it.

I know it's late, but ZAM still has some from what I can tell. Not quite sure when the free period ends though.

EDIT: Guess it ends @ 12 P.M. today.

leng jai

I asked Sedan for gold and he he responded by empthatically stating how poor he was. 15 minutes later I see him mining the shit out of mithril with a 23g pick..

Anno

Does anyone else own something in game they're hanging on to (or buying stuff to hang on to) hoping to sell it later? I'm holding onto a Mystic Forge Conduit, just to see how high and/or rare these things eventually become. I also bought a Super Greatsword Skin for like 15g. I could sell now for a nice profit, but I'm banking that the price will continue to rise. If nothing else it's a fun game-within-the-game to play.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
anything under 500g is surely poverty from Seda's perspective.

sorry sleep kept overtaking me while pvdooring last night. when I finally died for the first time it took me a minute to wake up at my desk and I thought that was just about time to turn in. at least we got the breakout pushed on CD unless I dreamed that part.

anything under 500g is surely poverty from Seda's perspective.

sorry sleep kept overtaking me while pvdooring last night. when I finally died for the first time it took me a minute to wake up at my desk and I thought that was just about time to turn in. at least we got the breakout pushed on CD unless I dreamed that part.

You missed a few pretty awesome skirmish fights. At one point Docbon, Franklin, and I coincidentally all AoE'd the same group at the same time I roasted about 6 people in 5 seconds flat. We ended the night holding a tower and a camp when the CD borderlands crashed on us and kicked us out. Good times.

Levyne

Banned
I asked Sedan for gold and he he responded by empthatically stating how poor he was. 15 minutes later I see him mining the shit out of mithril with a 23g pick..

What, I never went to a mithril node with the pick.

I had a couple lucky drops (sup bloodlust sigil, lodes) that I cashed in to afford it.

Also, I wouldn't say one line of lowercase text in party chat is "emphatic".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oi. Missed all the Guild Stuff this week. Soz, fellas. After next weekend, my days'll start being a lot more free for a while.
There will be plenty more. We're getting to the point where we're able to spend influence on stuff we just wanna do again, and slowly toward the point where we can really take advantage of all the ways being in a guild is advantageous to a player.

I really think you guys are gonna like what's in store at that point!

Jira

YYNhCzF.png
Here’s how it works:

• Each player who wants to participate can deposit 20 silver into the Guild Bank.
  • You can obtain one “ticket” for every 20 silver deposited for a maximum of 5 tickets to increase your chance to win.
  • Each lottery will run for two weeks where you’ll be able to deposit coin during that time.
  • Every other Sunday we’ll randomly generate a number and announce a winner.
  • The winner gets 50% of the total jackpot.
  • The number will be drawn from www.random.org and will be streamed via Twitch.tv or something similar so you can see that there’s no favoritism.
  • We’ll be keeping track of your donations and your number on a spreedsheet via googledocs that people can view from a link, but not edit.
  • If you win you won't be able to win again for 1 month so we can at least guarantee a different winner every lottery drawing.

Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aio2V1lCnafAdGpVd3I5emhQZW0yYjI3dlpmOXNJbnc#gid=0

Drawing at 5pm Pacific 4/21/2013.

YYNhCzF.png
Here’s how it works:

• Each player who wants to participate can deposit 20 silver into the Guild Bank.
  • You can obtain one “ticket” for every 20 silver deposited for a maximum of 5 tickets to increase your chance to win.
  • Each lottery will run for two weeks where you’ll be able to deposit coin during that time.
  • Every other Sunday we’ll randomly generate a number and announce a winner.
  • The winner gets 50% of the total jackpot.
  • The number will be drawn from www.random.org and will be streamed via Twitch.tv or something similar so you can see that there’s no favoritism.
  • We’ll be keeping track of your donations and your number on a spreedsheet via googledocs that people can view from a link, but not edit.
  • If you win you won't be able to win again for 1 month so we can at least guarantee a different winner every lottery drawing.

Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aio2V1lCnafAdGpVd3I5emhQZW0yYjI3dlpmOXNJbnc#gid=0

Drawing at 5pm Pacific 4/21/2013.

god damn that was this weekend :(. I'll try to put some in today if possible.r

Was B the last lottery and C the current one? I deposited for the lottery like a month ago, I'm assuming this one that's being drawn today is a new one?

leng jai

Oi. Missed all the Guild Stuff this week. Soz, fellas. After next weekend, my days'll start being a lot more free for a while.

I reserve my right to hyperbole.

I crafted an Anomaly but then was too poor to actually sell it because I couldn't afford the listing few. Thanks Anet/Obama.

Katoki

I'm guessing the drawing got delayed somehow. I know I got my gold in before the drawing time but I didn't see it updated on the google doc.

Waiting on Jira to get home to do the drawing. We heard he was on his way but I don't remember when this was though. Too many deaths in WvW between then and now.

Jira

Yeah sorry about the delayed drawing, I got invited to my brother's for dinner kinda suddenly.

Anyways, grats to Ashodin on the lucky number 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom