• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Things I gotta do before patch:

• Finish SAB
  • Get the other skins I want
  • Get all achievements

Whew!

Also, I need to get ready for gem city with the new patch skinzzzzz. Can't wait.

yes, I most likely will get whatever is new from the dungeon fast (unless they gate it). ;)
That reminds me I need to Find All Baubles in 1-2 and 1-3. I should try to knock that out tonight before I forget.

Btw when you say "Finish"...?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-30-2013/

Page updated!

Damn those back banners look sick!
e0197Retribution_screen-1.jpg

Also they look close to what Retro hoped they would look like.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man Sashimonos for serious, good day for Retro.

edit: Yup, the Quaggan rush is underwater. And 30 new trek locations, sheeeeesh.

jersoc

I did WvW with a bro for the first time. Is stormbluff always so out numbered? It was basically 4 us doing hit-n-runs on their map, and running from a horde of SoS or whatever.

ever since the mass exodus of wvw guilds, yeah this seems to be the thing. i tried a few times and it was just futile. we use to outnumber and have a huge presence and now it seems barely anyone plays compared to what use to.

anet isn't entirely blame free on this front either. wvw needs a lot of work to make it less player vs door.

Complistic

ever since the mass exodus of wvw guilds, yeah this seems to be the thing. i tried a few times and it was just futile. we use to outnumber and have a huge presence and now it seems barely anyone plays compared to what use to.

anet isn't entirely blame free on this front either. wvw needs a lot of work to make it less player vs door.

As I understand it, we hold our own in wvw. It just depends on what time of day you're trying to play.

Actually, in our current match up, we field equal if not greater numbers than our opponents during primetime. However both of them have a considerably larger night shift, so once we head to bed... they take over pretty much uncontested.

Wuvwuv is actually a lot better just after the culling adjustment alone and it's looking to get even better.

Also.. had my kiddo this morning. He's an awesome little champ. Not really sure how my playtime will shake out. If the wife and I end up doing shifts like we did with the first kid then i'll be on vampire status.

Katoki

I did WvW with a bro for the first time. Is stormbluff always so out numbered? It was basically 4 us doing hit-n-runs on their map, and running from a horde of SoS or whatever.

Yes. If we're outnumbered it means our server is basically sleeping. I've talked to people from SoS and they say that it's an NA server with a huge population of Oceanic folks as you can see from the guild tag [AUNZ] and whatever the guild wit Oceanic in their name was.

Night time for America is a good time to find stragglers to fight against while learning your own class and when to back off in a fight. Day time is when you follow a train and rack up event rewards of karma, coin and world experience and kill count.

However both of them have a considerably larger night shift, so once we head to bed... they take over pretty much uncontested.

Wuvwuv is actually a lot better just after the culling adjustment alone and it's looking to get even better.

CD usually gets stomped harder than us during the night hours. In fact, last night SoS had 580 ppt, we had somewhere between 120-200 and CD was sitting at 40.

Yes, it's nice being able to at least see the names now. Makes running away feel more epic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually, in our current match up, we field equal if not greater numbers than our opponents during primetime. However both of them have a considerably larger night shift, so once we head to bed... they take over pretty much uncontested.

Yeah it's
Also.. had my kiddo this morning. He's an awesome little champ. Not really sure how my playtime will shake out. If the wife and I end up doing shifts like we did with the first kid then i'll be on vampire status.
DUDE! Congrats man!

Retro

Aww yeah, very cool. I was hoping they'd be a little taller, but these are still neat. I hope they're not just WvW-only, but it sounds like they are. Hopefully they'll transition over.

Congratulations / Sorry you won't be getting any sleep!

I should start playing again.

No time like the present, the Super Adventure Box is still active and still a blast.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hope they're not just WvW-only, but it sounds like they are. Hopefully they'll transition over.
I didn't get that impression at all, nor do any of the articles mentioning them claim that, but we'll see I suppose. I would wager a dollar they are not confined to WvW and are in fact not even purchased in WvW.

Ashodin

That reminds me I need to Find All Baubles in 1-2 and 1-3. I should try to knock that out tonight before I forget.

Btw when you say "Finish"...?

You got it right. I still haven't actually finished it yet.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-30-2013/

Page updated!

Damn those back banners look sick!

Man Sashimonos for serious, good day for Retro.

edit: Yup, the Quaggan rush is underwater. And 30 new trek locations, sheeeeesh.

The Quaggan rush is the Quaggan olympics. That's where it will be. Mark my words!

Aww yeah, very cool. I was hoping they'd be a little taller, but these are still neat. I hope they're not just WvW-only, but it sounds like they are. Hopefully they'll transition over.

37221925.jpg

Sounds like they're new guild rewards for commendations, and there's various ones of different styles to go with your armor.

Thanks guys. After the first week I won't lose sleep. I'll just be nocturnal. Maybe I can bolster our night shift between diapers and bottles.

As for the back banners... to quote Macklemore...i'll "rock the sh-- out that muthaf---er"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Masque, the Arbiter, the Hawkian of Grenth and the Engineer With No Name want one. Don't think it'll suit any of my other chars.

I'm baaaaaaack! Anything interesting this month? Any word on the patch update? I finally tried SAB out and did each stage a few times, I think I have twenty something bubbles. Hope to at least get the staff before the month ends but it would be real nice to get the sword too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm baaaaaaack! Anything interesting this month? Any word on the patch update? I finally tried SAB out and did each stage a few times, I think I have twenty something bubbles. Hope to at least get the staff before the month ends but it would be real nice to get the sword too.
Yeeep, all sorts. Check the last page+, all kinds of stuff coming on the 30th.

Also, if you have 20-something bauble bubbles and just want two skins you should have no trouble at all getting it done. If you like I can show you some speedy tricks to help out.

Also, if you have 20-something bauble bubbles and just want two skins you should have no trouble at all getting it done. If you like I can show you some speedy tricks to help out.

Wait it's possible to get a skin with only 20 baubles and a week to go? Mind showing me any tips/tricks? I just assumed I would have to grind for almost the entire month based on the prices.

nataku

Back banners look great. Now if we only had a nice logo to put there. Love the guild, but we picked the ugliest logo we could. :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait it's possible to get a skin with only 20 baubles and a week to go? Mind showing me any tips/tricks? I just assumed I would have to grind for almost the entire month based on the prices.
Err, sorry- not quite sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but hopefully this will answer it either way.

Each skin can be purchased for 50 bauble bubbles.

Each zone boss provides you with 2 bauble bubbles every day (resetting with the dailies), so if nothing else, you can obtain 6 bauble bubbles per character per day.

Each chest containing these bauble bubbles also has a chance to drop a (tradeable) skin outright.

So if you have 4 characters, running it on each of them twice would put you at 48 bubbles, 2 away from a skin, with 24 chances for a skin outright. 5 characters for two days would give you more than enough, and so on.

Additionally, you can convert 250 baubles to 1 bauble bubble with Moto outside the Box. So as these characters accumulate baubles over time you can get an extra out of it every so often.

The full run (netting 6 bauble bubbles, 3 chances for skins, and a heap of baubles) can be completed very easily in under 15 minutes. Once you get good, under 10.

If you already have 20-something and want two skins, you could get it done tonight if you so chose, by running with all your characters before and after the reset.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, didn't realize I could get it done that fast, hpw much do they go for on the TP? I'm assuming not 50g anymore...
Only the random drops (not the ones you can purchase from Moto) can be traded. Their prices fluctuate but if you were looking at them as a TP buyer it would've been a good idea to buy them toward the middle of the month. I don't think any are at 50g now but they're going to be rising as the month draws to a close.

meep!

Neo Member

If you don't mind a little bit of grinding for them you can always pick up the Shovel item and go dig for baubles. You can easily get 500 baubles (= 2 bauble bubbles) every 7-8 min.
This video show most of the good spots to dig for baubles in a short amount of time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUdSz92CCIM

I'll check it out a bit later when I get a chance, all sorts sounds exciting :) I would love for you to show me the tricks :D I was planning on figuring out shortcuts and such. I only have 2 characters though. I should create a few and rush them through the tutorial areas. Which race has the fastest tutorial? Don't need to do Asuran for Rata Sum considering you can teleport to LA right away anyway.

Cels

have they said anything about replays? i see that the beta testing for custom arenas and spectating is going live next week.

Retro

The GAF Guild logo has "NG" in it. If you cover up half the logo (symmetrically vertically) it resembles the letters "NG.

JSBR0.png

Of course, if we could reach a consensus, I myself wouldn't be opposed to changing it.

Now that we have GAFGuild, I'm sure we could have a poll or something and vote for a specific icon. Colors gotta stay the same though.

Ashodin

JSBR0.png

Of course, if we could reach a consensus, I myself wouldn't be opposed to changing it.

Now that we have GAFGuild, I'm sure we could have a poll or something and vote for a specific icon. Colors gotta stay the same though.

I'm also down for this. Something recognizable from far away would be pretty stellar.

Retro

I'm also down for this. Something recognizable from far away would be pretty stellar.

When we picked that logo, it was actually well before release. I don't think I've even looked at the different icons to see what's in there, might be worth investigating.

Ashodin

Here's a random one, but I kind of want to use the Phoenix. It symbolizes that the GAF guilds usually die and never get played again, but we've overcome that and stayed alive, time and again, reborn like the Phoenix. I know, deep.

reRw4rH.png

Katoki

You know, if we were allowed to chop our current one in half to just have the N and "G", that'd be cool too but that's probably not feasible. As it stands right now, we have a tribal looking design over anything else which I don't really care for myself but it's not like I use anything that has it on it nor does it show on our character names.

hythloday

Colors are good, but a new logo might be neat. What are some different options? Maybe take a look and set up a poll on the guild website?

Retro

Colors are good, but a new logo might be neat. What are some different options? Maybe take a look and set up a poll on the guild website?

There isn't an Online Generator that's up to date, but the wiki has all of the emblems. There's 162 of them;

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_guild_emblems

There aren't any troll ones, but there is a new octopus. People seemed to like that back when we were discussing the emblem originally. Not sure why.

Ashodin

A poll sounds like the way to go, but the problem is that the only way you can see what we have currently to work with in terms of emblems is in-game only - no emblem creator on the net right now is up to speed with all the changes since release to the emblem creator in game.

Some ones I like:

120px-Guild_emblem_056.png
120px-Guild_emblem_070.png
120px-Guild_emblem_104.png
120px-Guild_emblem_107.png
120px-Guild_emblem_119.png
120px-Guild_emblem_155.png

I like them all, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom