• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I still need my collect all baubles in 1-3, and one more feat in Infantile Mode I somehow missed (wtf?!).

edit: Got the Staff for my Mesmer, Scepter for my Mesmer in PvP, sword and backpack for my Thief, Shield for my Engi, and I have enough for something else now. I'm thinking the PvP GS for my Mesmer.

Actually, maybe I'll get the backpack for another character... to be worn only when the SAB comes to town of course :)

Crap, I forgot you can only sell the drops which I'll never be lucky enough to get. Oh well, bright side is I only need 3 skins tops. Only because I keep flirting with the idea of checking out GS again over staff every so often. I believe I have 30 bubbles so just 120 more to go...

The thing about the backpack is while yes it is awesome I can see myself getting tired of it really quickly and without the ability to hide it like the shoulders or helm I need to have multiple backpacks.

You can? Add one more thing to what I don't know.

Edit: The only back item I have right now is the story back brace. My SAB backpack skin is sitting in my bank waiting for my mesmer to get a back item.

Edit 2: It wasn't until yesterday that I found out that AR in fractals talk is agony resistance so I am definitely still learning things about this game all the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They sell exotic back items at each of the Orr temples if interested. edit: Right, so you'd need another 42k, forgot you're about to spend it all on armor. Actually- you might want to get 5/6 armor pieces and the back piece and then just buy a nice exotic off the TP for your last armor slot. You can save a ton by going for level 75-79 pieces rather than 80s.

IMO, the Ascended back items are some of the worst "value" (time/effort vs. impact) items in the game. They're all realllllly expensive. Unless you're interested in the skin (only way to get a quiver- well, for the next 6 days :D) or you are serious about fractals and want the AR, I'd just grab an exotic one until you're filthy rich and so on.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I wish I would stop playing with my alts. I'm currently fascinated with Engineers but hate having to target and spam the 1-key with grenades. I want the Flamethrower to work for me, but from a logical perspective: the flamethrower stinks. Half the range of grenades, for less damage. And that bothers me, even though burning things is fun.

If I don't get one piece of temple armor it will be the helm since looking at Dulfy's site none of the helms for heavy offer power and toughness. And I would have hid the helm anyway. And if that's the case then I have enough to get what I want from the temples right now and with my gold I can scour the TP for a helm.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:O

Colin on the Officials re: le Megadestroyer Bonus Chest:
Colin said:
We’ll have our critter team take a looksie at this guy, I got a feeling we may have just forgot him in the initial pass.
Thanks!
And potential future events/content getting the bonus (he was linked to a huge thread):
Colin said:
Passed that entire thread along to our creature team, thank you!
We’re working on trying to make the ones we’ve already got more exciting encounters, so I can’t promise we’ll change any of the ones on that list immediately unless they are involved enough already to warrant it. We’ll make sure to scrub the list and add them to our polish/clean-up list where it makes sense as well.
This is when we all think good thoughts and cross our fingers that Megadestroyer comes with a nice shiny bonus chest in the update next week! GOOD THOUGHTS!

Lunar15

I feel like first on that list should be Shatterer, which conveys none of the "epic feel" that the dragons SHOULD convey. Of course, people will complain when you take away their easy event, but the content should be interesting, not easy. World events need more randomness to them to keep them from becoming stale.

Honestly, I think dragons should be particularly difficult to complete with potentially better rewards, now that most major bosses give a guaranteed rare.

Complistic

They need to be tougher IMO

Oh I certainly agree. I'm just envisioning vast fields of downed people before everyone learns the event.

And for shatterer, I think it was ash that had this idea, he should move around. Like maybe three phases where he camps out on the different cliff walls. Forcing everyone to constantly battle through all the branded to fight him. That and mortars so you can't just stand in one place.

Ashodin

Jormag is hard and a pain and it's very popular.

CLAW of jormag. not jormag.

All three dragon lieutenants are just too stationary. No self-respecting dragon would just hang around somewhere and chill letting people attack it. Making several phases where the dragon "tactically" retreats to a more fortified area of where they're haunting makes for awesome fights. The phases in Claw of Jormag are the best part of the fight.

If Shatterer had a second phase where say, he ran up into the mortars and tried to smash them and the people there, and we had to retreat to the plateau to swipe at his hands/face, it would be awesome. Throw crystals onto the ground from attacking him that we have to toss into his shoulderblades to make him get stunned or something. Something awesome like Jade Maw tied into it.

That is a fantastic idea. I was actually thinking that Claw of Jormag is my favorite event because of the two phases and how they are so different, as well as how Shatterer and Teq are just big punching bags going through the motions.

elazullizard

Neo Member
So, I was just playing around, exploring with my friend, you know the deal, when I decided I wanted a certain picture. So after some questionable things, we were able to present to you: the Super Box Adventure!
ibumnAnIrG5tfE.jpg

iEjwJvt5fyxGD.jpg

i5RrscMIxzE1O.jpg

iKgagVXODjwzx.jpg

What sort of adventure?
Anyone who can replicate these screenshots will be the lucky recipient of TEN GOLD.*

Wait, where is this?
If people need a hint by tomorrow, I'll post some screens with UI showing the approximate location.

Good luck everyone!

*The first "anyone"

UPDATE 9:00 EST:
The contest has been extended to the next five (5) contestants. They will receive a gold each! Go in groups to help each other out, I want everyone to have fun exploring!

Ashodin

How many of these dragons do we actually kill or do we just beat on them until they retreat?

Well, in the case of the Shatterer, Kralkatorrik keeps making more of them, as if you watch the Shatterer when he flies away when he dies, he slams into a huge mountain behind him and breaks into a million pieces. Kinda hard to come back from that.

The Claw of Jormag, however, is one of thousands of Claws flying around Frostgorge (as you can see them even when the Claw event is not up). I am assuming if we head further north into Jormag's territory, we'll have dragon fights on the regular. Which would be awesome.

Tequatl, however, is a specific named enemy, and I'm thinking every time we kill it, it returns to the depth of the sea where it regenerates, then comes back around for another fight. If they change anything with the world's story, it will have to be that Tequatl will have to permanently be discontinued (as we will have killed Zhaitan, thus cutting off Tequatl's strength source). Perhaps replaced by a Bubbles Dragon lieutenant? Hell yeah.

So, I was just playing around, exploring with my friend, you know the deal, when I decided I wanted a certain picture. So after some questionable things, we were able to present to you: the Super Box Adventure!

What sort of adventure?
Anyone who can replicate these screenshots will be the lucky recipient of TEN GOLD.

Wait, where is this?
If people need a hint by tomorrow, I'll post some screens with UI showing the approximate location.

Good luck everyone!

A contest, awesome

hythloday

That is a fantastic idea. I was actually thinking that Claw of Jormag is my favorite event because of the two phases and how they are so different, as well as how Shatterer and Teq are just big punching bags going through the motions.

I always laugh at how he face-plants into the mountain.

And yeah, dragons need to be more epic. Maybe it would work as a compromise if they added a "hard mode" dragon encounter as part of guild mission content.

Well, in the case of the Shatterer, Kralkatorrik keeps making more of them, as if you watch the Shatterer when he flies away when he dies, he slams into a huge mountain behind him and breaks into a million pieces. Kinda hard to come back from that.

I never knew that! I always just thought he got pissed and took his ball and went home.

Levyne

Banned
Kralkatorrik should just rethink his strategy and queue up a squad of Shatterers to send at once.

Or maybe he has to collect the pieces and keeps rebuilding the same one.

Ashodin

Kralkatorrik should just rethink his strategy and queue up a squad of Shatterers to send at once.

Or maybe he has to collect the pieces and keeps rebuilding the same one.

I'm thinking the "brand" itself might be alive enough to make their own.

I'm crossing my fingers that we get a preview of the skins from the temporary dungeon very soon. It would be a kick in the pants if I grind the heck out of SAB and blow that gold only to decide I like the skins from the dungeon more haha

I never noticed that the Shatterer literally shatters at the end. I will have to look for that. I do like how Teq does retreat back into the ocean but aside from the bone wall (and getting stuck inside it) its basically a run up and hit it until it dies because it will be dead before the laser goes off most of the time.

Maybe he could break the laser some how and you have to fight risen while fixing it and then once its fixed it fires making him vulnerable to fight but have him move around the area. I get a feral dog vibe from him and I can totally see him acting like that, jumping around the area, biting the canons.

Ashodin

I never noticed that the Shatterer literally shatters at the end. I will have to look for that. I do like how Teq does retreat back into the ocean but aside from the bone wall (and getting stuck inside it) its basically a run up and hit it until it dies because it will be dead before the laser goes off most of the time.

Maybe he could break the laser some how and you have to fight risen while fixing it and then once its fixed it fires making him vulnerable to fight but have him move around the area. I get a feral dog vibe from him and I can totally see him acting like that, jumping around the area, biting the canons.

You can actually do that last bit - he sends Risen to the laser to break it during the course of the fight, and you can lose the ability of the laser - which takes off a huge chunk of his health and stuns him. I definitely think moving around in the fight would be a better fit for him.

I have only had the laser go off once or twice when fighting him and the rest seem to take him down before the laser gets a chance to go off hence my line of thought. But I was thinking as a 1st part or pre event where he is completely invulnerable or close to it sitting on the cliff (kind of in the same vein as Claw) and then once the laser powers up and hits him he then comes down and wreaks havoc.

Jira

How many of these dragons do we actually kill or do we just beat on them until they retreat?

Each dragon is a Lieutenant right? So when ones dies the next one coming up in the ranks is crowned the new Lieutenant. Each one is technically a "new" dragon. This is how they handle mob spawns in the world too. You don't kill Bob The Centaur, you kill Centaur Chieftain. It helps keep continuity in the world.

Retro

I'm crossing my fingers that we get a preview of the skins from the temporary dungeon very soon. It would be a kick in the pants if I grind the heck out of SAB and blow that gold only to decide I like the skins from the dungeon more haha

Just don't use the skin items yet.

True that, I'm just not as rich as some of you and am frugal. Hard enough to convince myself to spend 5G in the first place. Then I ask myself, what am I saving Gold for, anyway?

Finally got my MF Gear ready!

Did NOT notice how much of my armor was adding to my vitality o_O
My Ele feels so much more ... fragile now. :/

Guess that's why the rune of travel cost so much more than the rune or pirate.

Anyway, I DID notice a huge difference with the MF on. Bag filled up just doing the first part of Jormag when normally it has room for even after the event is over.

Each dragon is a Lieutenant right? So when ones dies the next one coming up in the ranks is crowned the new Lieutenant. Each one is technically a "new" dragon. This is how they handle mob spawns in the world too. You don't kill Bob The Centaur, you kill Centaur Chieftain. It helps keep continuity in the world.

But one of these days, Imma catch Bob the Centaur slippin'. Mark my words!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah ulgoth isn't the dude's name it's a title.
that's either highly wrong or at least up for debate if you're interested, though I come down pretty firmly on the "name" side because of the name of the Meta event :p

Jira's right about a majority of the encounters (Dredge Commissar, Infinity Coil Commander, Svanir Maurader etc.) but there are clear and unimpeachable exceptions. It's not a Rhendak the Crazed. Admiral Taidha Covington is merely Admiral Taidha Covington. The Fire Shaman in Iron Marches is named Drakin Cinderspire. Khulaid the Conqueror, Sherog the Cruel, Matgar the Builder, Oscroth the Loud, Stravik the Defender and Koptrik the Giant Devourer don't position themselves as borg drones replacing the previous one. Meztli, Xiuhcoatl, Pisti, Michin and Xolotl are the names of the contenders for the title of Champion of the Sun. And of course all of Barradin's soldiers in the vault in Ashford are not only obviously named with names but the spirits of long-fallen allies from Guild Wars 1. They're unique entities. It's just something you have to come to terms with. :p

Complistic

I say that because I'm pretty sure I remember hearing the npc's talking about "the ulgoth".

"With the mordinor ulgoth dead yadda yadda"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah Edwards says that; either that's a mistake or all the other references to him are.

He actually just says "With the Ulgoth dead." But the other NPCs are all "most fight out of fear of Ulgoth the Mighty" yadda yadda.

Lunar15

What sort of adventure?
Anyone who can replicate these screenshots will be the lucky recipient of TEN GOLD.*

Wait, where is this?

Good luck everyone!

*The first "anyone"

UPDATE 9:00 EST:
The contest has been extended to the next five (5) contestants. They will receive a gold each! Go in groups to help each other out, I want everyone to have fun exploring!

I know where it is, I've been there before, although I died getting there. Do I still win? I actually managed to get in the water too at one point, but didn't take a screenshot.

kaioshade

Minor rant, but i think i am done with the game. The nonsense with precursor, punishing me for not playing WvWvW, and just the general sense or shit the game has. I really enjoy it, but playing RNG does not sit well with me. And WvWvW is complete ass that i want no part of. so ArenaNet decides i am not worth their time if i dont play their precious mode.

I cant do it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom