• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have tips for making gold coins? Saving up for a server transfer because of a "friend" who made me switch to his server when it was free, and after it was pay to transfer he ditches me for another server at the last second, doesn't even talk to me anymore, so I'm stuck on Furgeson's Crossing...

Levyne

Banned
I find that the fastest consistent gold is just farming the cursed shore events, selling the bags/mats/rares/exos, stepping out to do world events. A less boring but slower way would be to do a variety of dungeons with some gold find+.

Hawkian has a nice write up on it that he will plug shortly.

If you have karma you don't need, you can dump that into orrian jewel boxes for a small gold return (but better than unwanted karma). If you have skill points/ mystic coins you can make mystic weapons to sell.

NinjaJesus

Anybody have tips for making gold coins? Saving up for a server transfer because of a "friend" who made me switch to his server when it was free, and after it was pay to transfer he ditches me for another server at the last second, doesn't even talk to me anymore, so I'm stuck on Furgeson's Crossing...

Likewise, I'm stuck on Ferguson's Crossing as well dude.

Thanks Hawkian I'll look into those and get the rest of my karma to get a set. I'll also look into a better build to be of more help in the future.

Likewise, I'm stuck on Ferguson's Crossing as well dude.

Well you can guest to 2 servers every 24 hours which is nice. Also dungeons are cross server so at least you can run dungeons with us. Another good thing about guesting is that when guild missions happen you can join in. Only thing that you can't join SBI in is the WvWvW.

Arksy

Are you guys serious? There's one that looks like it was made almost specifically for us.

Guild_emblem_110.png

NinjaJesus

Well you can guest to 2 servers every 24 hours which is nice. Also dungeons are cross server so at least you can run dungeons with us. Another good thing about guesting is that when guild missions happen you can join in. Only thing that you can't join SBI in is the WvWvW.

Yeah, I know all about it. I'd still much rather move to SI. I can't even participate in the lottery if I'm not on SI...kinda sucks.

Plus, FC is just...horrible.

leng jai

I find that the fastest consistent gold is just farming the cursed shore events, selling the bags/mats/rares/exos, stepping out to do world events. A less boring but slower way would be to do a variety of dungeons with some gold find+.

Hawkian has a nice write up on it that he will plug shortly.

If you have karma you don't need, you can dump that into orrian jewel boxes for a small gold return (but better than unwanted karma). If you have skill points/ mystic coins you can make mystic weapons to sell.

In terms of converting SPs to gold I think crafting the Anomaly is the best profit and relatively easy to do. You need 250 SPs saved up though but it nets you around 15g.

hythloday

I do like the beaver icon but I have seen a bunch of other guilds with that one and the octopus lately. Any nee logo needs to sort or stand out. I like that dragon circle thing and the spacey orbit one. Havent seem those around SBI.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
250 ectos, 1 Eldritch Scroll (50SP), 100 Mystic Coins and a Bloodstone Shard (200SP). The Anomaly sells for 90-100g.
Hmmm I gotcha... if you have the 250 SPs and the 50+G to invest in the ectos, it's a faster profit than the ~4 mystic weapons it would take to make the same profit (for 20 more mystic coins and 50 fewer SPs in total) buying everything. Actually, if you sell for 100g you should wind up with a bit more than 15g in profit, no?

If you do have the full stack of 250SPs and that much in the bank it does seem worth it. When I was first making mystic weapons I had like 20 gold to my name, so it wasn't really an option :p

The mystic weapon components are pretty easily craftable though, so if you have the profession needed to make any of them just taking the effort to collect some mats beforehand can widen your profit margin pretty hardcore.

leng jai

Hmmm I gotcha... if you have the 250 SPs and the 50+G to invest in the ectos, it's a faster profit than the ~4 mystic weapons it would take to make the same profit (for 20 more mystic coins and 50 fewer SPs in total) buying everything. Actually, if you sell for 100g you should wind up with a bit more than 15g in profit, no?

If you do have the full stack of 250SPs and that much in the bank it does seem worth it. When I was first making mystic weapons I had like 20 gold to my name, so it wasn't really an option :p

The mystic weapon components are pretty easily craftable though, so if you have the profession needed to make any of them just taking the effort to collect some mats beforehand can widen your profit margin pretty hardcore.

Yeah the other day I was lazy and needed money so I just sold mine for 90g.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Well I flipped the switch last night and made SBI my new home. Thanks Hawkian for the invite ! Was really happy to see so much activity last night. SBI in general seems to be a more active server then whence I came.

Seeing the group talk makes me want to fast forward to level 80 but damn is it fun to explore in this game. Necro is indeed my calling... with a sceptor and focus.

Complistic

Well I flipped the switch last night and made SBI my new home. Thanks Hawkian for the invite ! Was really happy to see so much activity last night. SBI in general seems to be a more active server then whence I came.

Seeing the group talk makes me want to fast forward to level 80 but damn is it fun to explore in this game. Necro is indeed my calling... with a sceptor and focus.

Try scepter and dagger just for me ;)

Dagger is better if you want to go conditions and focus is better if you're going power. And since you like the scepter, you should go conditions. 4 on dagger transfers up to 3 conditions on yourself to the enemy, so you can load yourself up with corruption conditions and just give them to the enemy. I highly recommend the skill "blood is power".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Don't rush! :) Plenty of alts about to level with you at whatever pace you like. :p

I highly recommend the skill "blood is power".
Casting this without a target will apply the might, but not the self-bleed
Whoa, what. That is pretty awesome

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Try scepter and dagger just for me ;)

Dagger is better if you want to go conditions and focus is better if you're going power. And since you like the scepter, you should go conditions. 4 on dagger transfers up to 3 conditions on yourself to the enemy, so you can load yourself up with corruption conditions and just give them to the enemy. I highly recommend the skill "blood is power".

That's exactly what I will do, I prefer conditions to outright power. Thanks

Don't rush! :) Plenty of alts about to level with you at whatever pace you like. :p

Whoa, what. That is pretty awesome

No rush, I am slighlty OCD so I complete every map before I move on...which I assume everyone does.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, every few days I read up on the list of Engineer traits and my mind races. The possibilities are endless. I think I have two of my three builds roughly worked out, but goddamn, I could concoct like 6 more. I wish I knew which traits were broken or incorrect so as to at least be able to rule those out.

No rush, I am slighlty OCD so I complete every map before I move on...which I assume everyone does.

I started doing that but the closer to 80 I got the more I was just moving on to the next area to see everything and upgrade my gear. Now that I hit 80 (thanks again Hawkian, Katoki, Igovar, and Kanik for the dungeon run that pushed me up there despite the PUGger) I think I will go back for map completion. After I get my Temple armor, 5200 karma to go for the full set in one fell swoop.

Delryk

That's exactly what I will do, I prefer conditions to outright power. Thanks

Thats basically what im doing too. Unfortunately i was shit out of luck doing bounty hunter missions cause i dont have half the zones!

Of course i went through the maps for the story quests and to get my karma armor set.. but right now im still comitted on clearing all the zones when i solo.

Alright Hawkian,

I created three characters and rushed them through the tutorial to Rata Sum so I have 5 characters to run SAB now. I discovered the P2 shortcut finally as well. Anything else I should know to farm bubbles quickly? I know I can delete my characters and roll new ones if I want to do more runs in a single day but besides that?

Alright Hawkian,

I created three characters and rushed them through the tutorial to Rata Sum so I have 5 characters to run SAB now. I discovered the P2 shortcut finally as well. Anything else I should know to farm bubbles quickly? I know I can delete my characters and roll new ones if I want to do more runs in a single day but besides that?

Honestly, the most efficient way at this point would be just to rush zone 1 through 3, with each character. Pick up any incidental bubbles on the way but primarily focus on getting through quickly. Put any bubbles you get in your bank til you get a stack to turn in for a Bubble Bauble.

There's the option of collecting Bubbles, getting the shovel, then farming Bubbles to convert to Bubble Baubles but that will take more time overall to setup as it doesn't really pay off until you have both the Shovel and the larger bubble wallet.

oktarb

So here my general loot plan. Let me know if you have a better system.

After several runs through dungeons, world bosses ect my inventory gets filled with all kind of items.

* Anything that says Salvage I salvage with a journeyman's grade salvage kit.
* Blue Loot: If it's under 1 silver sell rate I savage it. If its over 1 silver I sell it.
* Green Loot: I dump all green loot into the Mystic Toilet hoping for a upgrade to Yellow.
* Yellow Weapons: I save four and Mystic Toilet them for a chance at a precursor.
* Yellow Armor: I Salvage with the highest rate salvage kit I have.
* Exotic Weapons: I save four and Mystic Toilet them for a chance at a precursor.
* Exotic Armor: I Salvage with the highest rate salvage kit I have.

I follow this base system for runes and other items as well. My overall goal is to get a chance at a precursor, don't care which and sell ingredients on the side for cash inflow.

After several runs through dungeons, world bosses ect my inventory gets filled with all kind of items.

* Blue Loot: If it's under 1 silver sell rate I savage it. If its over 1 silver I sell it.
* Green Loot: I dump all green loot into the Mystic Toilet hoping for a upgrade to Yellow.
* Yellow Weapons: I save four and Mystic Toilet them for a chance at a precursor.
* Exotic Weapons: I save four and Mystic Toilet them for a chance at a precursor.

I follow this base system for runes and other items as well. My overall goal is to get a chance at a precursor, don't care which and sell ingredients on the side for cash inflow.

For precursor hunting, this is likely the most effective system without buying items. Good stuff.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Alright Hawkian,

Consider buying the shovel. There are about 5 spots in world 1-2, from entrance to exiting the shortcut, that will net you about 220 baubles. This should net you 250 baubles by the start of 1-3 thanks to baubles awarded at boss defeats. So a run of zone 1 to 3, will yield 7 bubble baubles, as opposed to 6 for nearly the same amount of effort.

Trust me, I run a fuck ton of SAB.

nataku

Alright Hawkian,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nLni6iYtI

~5000 baubles per hour, if you're specifically looking to farm baubles to turn in to bauble bubbles. You do need the larger wallet for this to work well, plus the shovel obviously.

Personally, I ran 5 characters through every day for the daily chest to get enough bauble bubbles for all the skins, but there isn't enough time left to do that unless you're only going for a few skins.

nataku

Ya why the sudden need to change the guild logo? I like the one we have.

I brought up that it's ugly (because it is, IMO), and that sparked people posting alternatives.

I didn't expect the emblem to change when I said that and I still don't expect it to change. Before the game launched people were posting all kinds of nice emblems in the old thread and yet we somehow ended up with the thing we have now. I don't see this being any different.

I don't like the emblem personally, but I'm not going to quit the guild over it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe anyone who does like the logo should quit the guild, and form a new guild, with that logo, and then all the other people, who don't like the logo, can join that guild too. I think this is the most efficient solution who's with me.
Alright Hawkian,

Honestly, the most efficient way at this point would be just to rush zone 1 through 3, with each character. Pick up any incidental bubbles on the way but primarily focus on getting through quickly. Put any bubbles you get in your bank til you get a stack to turn in for a Bubble Bauble.

There's the option of collecting Bubbles, getting the shovel, then farming Bubbles to convert to Bubble Baubles but that will take more time overall to setup as it doesn't really pay off until you have both the Shovel and the larger bubble wallet.
Shortcut Wurm is my faaavorite. :)

Come on a run with me and I'll show you really awesome paths for speeding through it, and without too much investment (200 baubles one-time) you can get the shovel which can net you hundreds of baubles, but at the very least there's a 40 bauble spot by this waterfall in 1-2, that you can hit every time while barely losing any overall time. So the shovel is a good investment on any character because you can make the 200 baubles back with it very rapidly.

If you're interested in the SAB in more longitudinal/fun/gameplay/seeing-it-for-all-it's worth terms, I'd suggest picking one character to get more serious with, get bombs, the wallet upgrade, and eventually all the other goodies. But for pure bubble-getting purposes you're totally on the right track.

That sounds very efficient, well-reasoned. I would only add, when you say "highest rate salvage kit" we should only ever be talking about Master/Mystic/Black Lion. Salvaging a rare/exotic with anything less is a complete waste.

Is 1-3 worth it? I often hear people just run p1 and 2 over and over as p3 takes a lot longer. I was planning on concentrating on fast clears rather than running around for baubles as you suggested.
Consider buying the shovel. There are about 5 spots in world 1-2, from entrance to exiting the shortcut, that will net you about 220 baubles. This should net you 250 baubles by the start of 1-3 thanks to baubles awarded at boss defeats. So a run of zone 1 to 3, will yield 7 bubble baubles, as opposed to 6 for nearly the same amount of effort.

Trust me, I run a fuck ton of SAB.
How long does it take to hit those points and dig them up? I figured it wasn't worth digging up baubles versus just quickly clearing the paths with more characters. I only have the shovel with one character atm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nLni6iYtI

~5000 baubles per hour, if your specifically looking to farm baubles to turn in to bauble bubbles. You do need the larger wallet for this to work well, plus the shovel obviously.

Personally, I ran 5 characters through every day for the daily chest to get enough bauble bubbles for all the skins, but there isn't enough time left to do that unless you're only going for a few skins.
Holy crap, 5k an hour??? I'm curious what he's doing but probably shouldn't watch that here at work hehe I don't care about getting all the skins, I want the Staff and Sword and would be pleased if I could get a GS as well but at least the first two. Extras would be nice for easy gold, however.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is 1-3 worth it? I often hear people just run p1 and 2 over and over as p3 takes a lot longer. I was planning on concentrating on fast clears rather than running around for baubles as you suggested.
Anyone who says that is a chump.

Okay maybe that's harsh but 1-3 is crazy fast once you know it well, and the 2 extra bubbles + extra skin chance are beyond worth it. If your concern is merely getting the skins as fast as possible I would definitely focus on speed clears with many characters rather than collecting baubles (you need to buy the wallet upgrade, itself 250 baubles, to make that truly worthwhile).

How long does it take to hit those points and dig them up? I figured it wasn't worth digging up baubles versus just quickly clearing the paths with more characters. I only have the shovel with one character atm.
There are a few very lucrative spots basically along the path so you don't have to go out of the way but can get a bunch of extras. The waterfall rock at the beginning of 1-2 I get on every single run without fail, it's 40 baubles for maybe 3-4 seconds added onto the complete time.
Holy crap, 5k an hour??? I'm curious what he's doing but probably shouldn't watch that here at work hehe I don't care about getting all the skins, I want the Staff and Sword and would be pleased if I could get a GS as well but at least the first two. Extras would be nice for easy gold, however.
baubles baubles eeeeeverywhereeere

Remember, only the random drop skins can be sold, not the ones you buy from moto.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

All together, it probably adds 20 seconds to a run.

• Enter world 1-2, on stone in front of the waterfall, dig.
  • Upon exiting the dark forest, you'll see a long hollow fallen tree, on the right of that is a hill with another dig spot.
  • Back down, near the hollow fallen tree is a stump you can dig in.
  • On the lilly pads right before shortcut worm, there is a leaf ledge you need to jump on from the pads. Dig in front of it.
  • Upon exiting the shortcut worm, dig right where you land.

That's about 200 baubles right there.

A run of 1 through 3 gives 6 bauble bubbles and 250 baubles. That's "1750 baubles" for 15 mins of work for me. I have high respect for anyone who can do it 3+ characters in a row and not be bored. I've just been doing it once or twice a day.

oktarb

I think Hawkian needs to arrange a guild day "SAB Bootcamp" run us through the zones and show us the tricks. I'd rather play the zone and gather bubs than dig until my eyes bleed. I got to the second boss and couldn't beat him. I have a firm belief that Norns are handicapped in everything jump related.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think Hawkian needs to arrange a guild day "SAB Bootcamp" run us through the zones and show us the tricks. I'd rather play the zone and gather bubs than dig until my eyes bleed. I got to the second boss and couldn't beat him. I have a firm belief that Norns are handicapped in everything jump related.
Haha, I ran a few people on a 100% baubles run of zone 1 and 2 yesterday, too bad you weren't around :'(

Digging in those few spots Kanik just mentioned is really way more efficient than hunting down all the zone baubles, though. Doing the collect all baubles/secrets run for the achievement is really the most time-consuming thing there is to do in the SAB.
Because we're gonna wear it around on our backs now and we don't want it to look awful.
I don't get you people. It's symmetrical, it has our colors, looking at it cures syphilis. What more do you want!?

Sigh, I guess we ought to set up a poll on the gafguild site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom