• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Minor rant, but i think i am done with the game. The nonsense with precursor, punishing me for not playing WvWvW, and just the general sense or shit the game has. I really enjoy it, but playing RNG does not sit well with me. And WvWvW is complete ass that i want no part of. so ArenaNet decides i am not worth their time if i dont play their precious mode.

I cant do it anymore.

???

Some elaboration here? If you're burned out by the RNG, I can understand. However, I don't fully grasp what you're trying to say about WvW.

Jira

Minor rant, but i think i am done with the game. The nonsense with precursor, punishing me for not playing WvWvW, and just the general sense or shit the game has. I really enjoy it, but playing RNG does not sit well with me. And WvWvW is complete ass that i want no part of. so ArenaNet decides i am not worth their time if i dont play their precious mode.

I cant do it anymore.

I'd suggest not focusing on a precursor. It's not an item that many people in the game have even obtained due to the effort involved. I would just wait for them to put the whole scavenger hunt system in and get one from there. At least then you'll know it will be guaranteed and that it will be more involved than the current method. Making a precursor your sole goal will and already obviously has made you hate the game. Just stop going for it for the time being. It's not like it makes any difference outside of cosmetics anyways. Though you could also work for one kinda passively where you just obtain materials overtime without thinking about it and put them together down the line.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol, i don't know what you mean, so no.
I just went full nerd and gave a rather exhaustive list of examples of open world bosses that are clearly unique named individuals... then you're like "ulgoth's a title like all the others" :p

I cant do it anymore.
Sorry to hear that, hope you had some fun with it while you had it. :)
I'd suggest not focusing on a precursor. It's not an item that many people in the game have even obtained due to the effort involved. I would just wait for them to put the whole scavenger hunt system in and get one from there. At least then you'll know it will be guaranteed and that it will be more involved than the current method. Making a precursor your sole goal will and already obviously has made you hate the game. Just stop going for it for the time being. It's not like it makes any difference outside of cosmetics anyways. Though you could also work for one kinda passively where you just obtain materials overtime without thinking about it and put them together down the line.
He'd still need the WvW map completion (not that I'd really say getting them is "playing their precious mode" per se) for the Gift of Exploration. It is a bit on the silly side to say they don't consider you "worth their time" in any respect though... if you want to go for a legendary, you do what you have to do to get a legendary. If you don't you don't.

If you alter "precursor" to "legendary" and end after the first sentence I am 100% in agreement though. :p

kaioshade

I just went full nerd and gave a rather exhaustive list of examples of open world bosses that are clearly unique named individuals... then you're like "ulgoth's a title like all the others" :p

Sorry to hear that, hope you had some fun with it while you had it. :)

He'd still need the WvW map completion (not that I'd really say getting them is "playing their precious mode" per se) for the Gift of Exploration. It is a bit on the silly side to say they don't consider you "worth their time" in any respect though... if you want to go for a legendary, you do what you have to do to get a legendary. If you don't you don't.

If you alter "precursor" to "legendary" and end after the first sentence I am 100% in agreement though. :p

Thing is i had some amazing fun with the game. And it IS just a silly skin, but it drives me up the wall i am trying for such an amount of time to get one, and someone can just stumble upon it and be set monetarily for the rest of their gaming career.

So, a bit harsh in saying im quitting (frustration), but i probably will take the advice and just ease off trying to get a legendary for a while. I see people with legendaries and wonder how in the hell did they get that. or did they just open up their wallet and buy it?

Complistic

Oh woops, I've developed a nasty habit of only reading the first half of posts lol.

Yes, this is what I'm doing. I'm slowly farming all the mats I need, and getting most everything else including most of the gold together. Then I'm just gonna sit on it for when they do whatever it is they're planning to do for precursors. I can't stand RNG either.

But if you play the game with the mentality that you're only playing for that legendary weapon you're gonna have a bad time. Take a break if you've done everything you want to in the game. There isn't a subscription fee and nothing you've done is going anywhere. Come back whenever you've got the itch to play again.

Retro

I see people with legendaries and wonder how in the hell did they get that. or did they just open up their wallet and buy it?

For the first couple of weeks, the in-game economy was in a state of chaos and some people made a boatload of money speculating before it stabilized. I am sure there are also people who have bought gold, whether directly through ANet or an outside company. A lot of people also got lucky during the Karka event.

As Jira suggested, wait until the Scavenger Hunt goes in, or just don't focus on getting a Legendary. In my opinion, none of them are worth the effort or price required. Maybe it's just me, but none of the weapons fit my characters or jump out to me as 'must haves'. For example, I actually prefer the precursor rifle skin to the legendary.

I just finished World Completion on my main earlier this week. I took it slow, played when I wanted, roamed the game world, enjoyed myself. That's the only way to avoid burn out.

Maybe take a break for a bit. That's the beauty of Guild Wars 2; there's no subscription to guilt you into playing or else you're 'wasting money'. And when you get back, there will be a lot of new stuff to see and do.

kaioshade

For the first couple of weeks, the in-game economy was in a state of chaos and some people made a boatload of money speculating before it stabilized. I am sure there are also people who have bought gold, whether directly through ANet or an outside company. A lot of people also got lucky during the Karka event.

As Jira suggested, wait until the Scavenger Hunt goes in, or just don't focus on getting a Legendary. In my opinion, none of them are worth the effort or price required. Maybe it's just me, but none of the weapons fit my characters or jump out to me as 'must haves'. For example, I actually prefer the precursor rifle skin to the legendary.

I just finished World Completion on my main earlier this week. I took it slow, played when I wanted, roamed the game world, enjoyed myself. That's the only way to avoid burn out.

Maybe take a break for a bit. That's the beauty of Guild Wars 2; there's no subscription to guilt you into playing or else you're 'wasting money'. And when you get back, there will be a lot of new stuff to see and do.

Sound advice. I hit 80 with Thief and got 98% completion (WvWvW was all that remained), i started Mesmer, absolutely ADORE the class, at 67 with that one. But i know once 80 hits, i will be at 98% again with WvWvW again. Tarnished Coast is not very active in WvWvW, so trying for those points is a crapshoot, and badges of honor? forget it.

That said i do actually like some of the exotics as well. The mystic weapons i have on my thief are very nice, and i might craft the mystic greatsword. Who knows. but if anything everyone said aligns: dont bother with the legendary. at least not to the extent i have.

Katoki

WvW for world completion isn't very feasible anymore with the tiers settling the way they have. At least in SBI our commanders cap anything they can get their hands on that's paper so people still have the opportunity to do it. Otherwise you'd need to be on one of those winning servers per tier.

Goes to show that WvW needs an overhaul. I can also say that I've been going out during our out-manned hours in the middle of the night almost every night for the past two to three weeks just picking people off for fun. Same thing every night now with the same people.

Mxrz

Am I missing something or is pvp suppose to be this fucking bland? There has to be more to it than just more capture-point bullshit, right? Where are the random/team arenas?

People seemed to come and go at will, so I was either beating the shit out a lone necro, or getting chased by three of them. There were also more than a couple matches were I was the only person on the map, and just afk'd till the counter hit 500. I got half the monthly pvp stuff done, but bleh.

Am I missing something or is pvp suppose to be this fucking bland? There has to be more to it than just more capture-point bullshit, right? Where are the random/team arenas?

People seemed to come and go at will, so I was either beating the shit out a lone necro, or getting chased by three of them. There were also more than a couple matches were I was the only person on the map, and just afk'd till the counter hit 500. I got half the monthly pvp stuff done, but bleh.

Pretty much yeah. One of the biggest criticism with the game at the moment (actually since launch).

Use the match up browser to put yourself in nearly full games if you want to do hotjoin. Otherwise do the single tournaments for a better experience.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Don't do hot join. You can queue up for a 5v5 tourney with any number of people (or alone if you must).

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Invested all my gold I made in the first month on gems! Was running around in masterwork gear but now I have about 14 character slots.
No legendary.

Dawg

Question: is it normal to get some frame drops in certain area's? I'm talking about Black Citadel as an example. I ported there through some portal and when I arrived, I had like 25-30fps (I usually play at constant 60fps on max settings, with few drops every now and then)

I considered changing some settings, but when I changed EVERYTHING to low on the spot, I got like 40 or 42 fps. I'm guessing this is just the way the game is made?

I have a GTX 670 FTW and i5-3570K which is pretty high-end in my opinion, so that's why I'm asking. I don't usually complain 'bout framedrops, but the 30fps was really obvious since I'm used to 60 fps.

Lunar15

I'm sure this has been asked a gajillion times, but where are we in relation to unlocking Guild Puzzles? Do we have a general ETA on that yet?

I'm sure this has been asked a gajillion times, but where are we in relation to unlocking Guild Puzzles? Do we have a general ETA on that yet?

I think we're barred by Merits at this point. I'm sure one of our fearless leaders will be around to specify soon enough but I think I remember them saying next weekend (as in the weekend after this one) it will be unlocked.

Retro

We're at 117 / 250 Merits. It's not going to happen this week, even if we did a Tier 3 Bounty (25) and Tier 3 Trek (10) before the reset Saturday (which would be extremely difficult), and then sweep through right after and do the highest tier in all 4 categories (25 + 10 + 30 + 15), we'd still be 18 merits short. And that's assuming we can pull off two Tier 3 bounties (we haven't been able to recently, we always draw Komali and we're pretty sure he's bugged) and a challenge.

Probably the weekend after the update.

oktarb

Question: is it normal to get some frame drops in certain area's? I'm talking about Black Citadel as an example. I ported there through some portal and when I arrived, I had like 25-30fps (I usually play at constant 60fps on max settings, with few drops every now and then)

I considered changing some settings, but when I changed EVERYTHING to low on the spot, I got like 40 or 42 fps. I'm guessing this is just the way the game is made?

I have a GTX 670 FTW and i5-3570K which is pretty high-end in my opinion, so that's why I'm asking. I don't usually complain 'bout framedrops, but the 30fps was really obvious since I'm used to 60 fps.

Black Citadel is notoriously bad for me. Sometimes relogging after I'm in the zone helps but its really a gamble. Most every other zones runs perfectly, but I dread BC. I'd blame the zone not your machine.

There is a certain spot in the Black Citadel by the laurel vendor where the whole area will just disappear from view for me. I take 2 steps and it comes back. This is an all the time thing for me. I tend to stay away from that location if I can.

Lunar15

We're at 117 / 250 Merits. It's not going to happen this week, even if we did a Tier 3 Bounty (25) and Tier 3 Trek (10) before the reset Saturday (which would be extremely difficult), and then sweep through right after and do the highest tier in all 4 categories (25 + 10 + 30 + 15), we'd still be 18 merits short. And that's assuming we can pull off two Tier 3 bounties (we haven't been able to recently, we always draw Komali and we're pretty sure he's bugged) and a challenge.

Probably the weekend after the update.

We could always do a tier 1 tonight so I can get the one commendation I need to get another ascended piece. Screw waiting for tomorrow! :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We could always do a tier 1 tonight so I can get the one commendation I need to get another ascended piece. Screw waiting for tomorrow! :p
We'll be doing whatever people need for commendations tomorrow night, as well as trying to mop up any last merits we can get Saturday afternoon before reset, as always. If you can't make either of those though, we can run certainly something tonight

ah... nice edit

Lunar15

We'll be doing whatever people need for commendations tomorrow night, as well as trying to mop up any last merits we can get Saturday afternoon before reset, as always. If you can't make either of those though, we can run certainly something tonight

ah... nice edit

I'm just being impatient and silly. I've been so close to having it all week!

Seriously though, commendations almost break this game. It's so easy to get good weapons and ascended gear through comms, especially since our guild busts through so many missions each week. I got 6 last week alone, and Ascended pieces are 12 comms and 5 gold. That's like, nothing, and I didn't even do all the events last weekend.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Pink Animals or something are having a party in Lion's Arch on Jade Quarry at 3:30PM (in 1 and a half hours) if you're into that kind of thing. Apparently there's a weird sort of full moon today.

oktarb

Apparently I have issues. I now have 6 level 80 characters. Recently leveled up a Necro. Gargantuan is still my go to but man I suffer from altaholicism. Only Ranger and Mesmer left...

Shanlei91

Apparently I have issues. I now have 6 level 80 characters. Recently leveled up a Necro. Gargantuan is still my go to but man I suffer from altaholicism. Only Ranger and Mesmer left...

It's only a problem if you have multiple 80s of the same class.

oktarb

It's only a problem if you have multiple 80s of the same class.

Whew, safe then. I see no point in that, but every class intrigues me. I've always had a ton of characters in MMOs but this is the first where I've maxed out so many.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeesh, I'm about to get my Ele to 80 which will be my third, and this will be the first game besides GW1 where I've gotten more than one character to endgame. :p

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Almost to level 10 ! I fell asleep last night... it was supposed to be my GW night.

Side note: Is it worth upgrading my armor outside of just magic find all the time ? Trying to figure out if I waste effort adding power, condition damage, etc.

Side note2: My current "gameplan" armor wise is crafting next sets before hand so I level into them, and then sporadically replacing pieces with karma bought items and or drops. Should I just save the Karma and tough it out ?

I know not the usual lvl 80 questions but...

Lunar15

The Pink Animals or something are having a party in Lion's Arch on Jade Quarry at 3:30PM (in 1 and a half hours) if you're into that kind of thing. Apparently there's a weird sort of full moon today.

I have no idea what any of this means. Who are the Pink Animals?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have no idea what any of this means. Who are the Pink Animals?
A guild *shrug*

You understood the "party" "Lion's Arch" and "Jade Quarry" parts, right? D:
What is the quickest way to level up an alt?
Crafting

don't do it :'(
For me it was dailies + fast and popular chain events.

You can try running cof path 1 with your main, then switch to your alt when boss is almost down. Dungeon takes ~9min and the exp reward is huge.
That's a superior way, for sure, but he just asked "quickest." In terms of pure speed from 1-80 nothing can touch crafting.

edit: D'oh

Are dailies better than personal story missions?

no. Dailies are actually a bit rough at lower levels since you don't have access to all the areas and might not be able to get all the things done. Also if you care, the amount of silver you get from a daily scales I believe in relation to level.

Personal story gives the most amount of experience in the shortest amt of time if you skip the cutscenes. You are guaranteed like 80% of a level w/ each part, which can either be 1-3 personal story quests.

I would also agree that doing events are probably the best way to level in a zone.

Shanlei91

Crafting can cost a ton though, for the crafts that can only be done via making gear.

It's best to find a guide, calculate how much it will all cost, then figure out the time it takes to rake in that money vs time to just level through other means.

Example: Cooking can cost about 2g, even less if you use Karma items. Leveling traditionally, 10 levels, is about 4-6 hours, if you're being efficient. Running CoF 1 twice, to get 2g, is about 30 minutes. Sooo...cooking wins!

The fun way I go about it, is only leveling through a craft when I hit a hump with an alt. Especially since some classes just have moments where they're terrible and where they're amazing. Example: When Warriors hit 20, they can unlock the trait that grants precision for each unused signet. Thanks to wonky scaling, having a bar full of signets from level 20-30 gives about 99% crit chance. You would not want to level via crafting when you can take out mobs in 4 seconds.

Are dailies better than personal story missions?

Personal story XP is amazing, especially considering some missions take less than 10 minutes.

But completing your dailies can net close to a level, depending on what the activity is because a good chunk of xp can come from the activity itself.

Whew, safe then. I see no point in that, but every class intrigues me. I've always had a ton of characters in MMOs but this is the first where I've maxed out so many.

I've got two level 80 guardians and two level 80 warriors. I once deleted a level 35 character just because I didn't like his body shape. (before makeover kits) I'm weird.

Almost to level 10 ! I fell asleep last night... it was supposed to be my GW night.

Side note: Is it worth upgrading my armor outside of just magic find all the time ? Trying to figure out if I waste effort adding power, condition damage, etc.

Side note2: My current "gameplan" armor wise is crafting next sets before hand so I level into them, and then sporadically replacing pieces with karma bought items and or drops. Should I just save the Karma and tough it out ?

I know not the usual lvl 80 questions but...

Actually at lower levels, the combat stats are more worthwhile to gear for as the performance for the bonus stat scales better at the bottom levels. Magic Find will net you more drops, but the gain is minimal since low level items aren't worth more than the mats. You're better off stat-ing for Power or Condition (whatever your build is leaning towards) to kill things faster and easier.

As for the gear.. use whichever system floats your boat the most. Save or spend your Karma as you feel necessary. There's no massive difference between the Karma you'll have by 80 if you save it vs. spending it. It is more but not a game changing amount.

For the ultimate no-down-at-the-end win:
2jSrTdm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom