• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Had a blast last night. With the Even Mentor Daily we had so many people in our low level area that it was just a ridiculous ride of event after event.

So after Hawkian reminded me about guesting on other servers I checked two and all servers I checked had the temples I needed contested. So I came back to our server and 30 minutes before I was to go to bed I noticed that Grenth was open. Got my stuff from that and then checked on Melandru. The pact was dead at the steps of the temple. With some pleading in map chat and a couple of cries to guild chat a group was formed and we took the temple. Got my gear I needed. So a big thank you to everyone from the guild that came down to retake the temple with me, I couldn't have done it without you all. Literally.

Now to check the TP for a helm with the stats I want later today.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So after Hawkian reminded me about guesting on other servers I checked two and all servers I checked had the temples I needed contested. So I came back to our server and 30 minutes before I was to go to bed I noticed that Grenth was open. Got my stuff from that and then checked on Melandru. The pact was dead at the steps of the temple. With some pleading in map chat and a couple of cries to guild chat a group was formed and we took the temple. Got my gear I needed. So a big thank you to everyone from the guild that came down to retake the temple with me, I couldn't have done it without you all. Literally.

Sweet, glad you got your set! Sorry I was too exhausted to stay on for long at all last night, I would've liked to help.

Complistic

Those temple events really need to show up on the entire map no matter where you are. People always do them when you tell them about them in map chat. If no one says anything, then no one knows.

Sweet, glad you got your set! Sorry I was too exhausted to stay on for long at all last night, I would've liked to help.

No worries I understand. Did you get your GPU issues taken care of btw?

Those temple events really need to show up on the entire map no matter where you are. People always do them when you tell them about them in map chat. If no one says anything, then no one knows.

They really do, but at least as soon as I said something in Map chat and Guild chat there were 20 people in about 2 minutes.

wait a minute. were Hawkian's gpu issues related to the new drivers at all? i was about to install that bad boy but now I'm concerned.
I have a single AMD GPU and the 13.4 WHQL driver is working beautifully.
For crossfire the googlefu is recommending the 13.5 beta 2 driver. I haven't seen anything concrete that the beta driver does anything for GW2 running on single cards.

I have a single AMD GPU and the 13.4 WHQL driver is working beautifully.
For crossfire the googlefu is recommending the 13.5 beta 2 driver. I haven't seen anything concrete that the beta driver does anything for GW2 running on single cards.

this gives me more confidence. The only reason I'm worried is that my current performance is fine and I absolutely hate it when a new driver takes me from fine to problems.

this gives me more confidence. The only reason I'm worried is that my current performance is fine and I absolutely hate it when a new driver takes me from fine to problems.

I don't update stuff often, if ain't broke don't upgrade new drivers.. I used to upgrade every driver release, but one day during the install the system bugged out all sorts of weird glitches on the screen, don't know the cause but I think the new drivers killed my 7800GTX, after that I adopted the: if ain't broke don't install new drivers.. I am on AMD 13.1 and everything works fine, plus I haven't purchased a new game since last year so no need for driver updates...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I just browsed the Darkfall forums and holy shit, how can a game even exist with that kind of a "community". I didn't think that sheer amount of general hatred and a complete lack of understanding for everything can be possible in a big MMO title.

Found this link of a discussion over a recent event where one user harrassed another user for the sole purpose of harrassment and got himself banned, and did just go from there.

It's insane, really. Totally put me off of even trying that game. *hugs both the LotRO and GW2 communities*

I don't update stuff often, if ain't broke don't upgrade new drivers.. I used to upgrade every driver release, but one day during the install the system bugged out all sorts of weird glitches on the screen, don't know the cause but I think the new drivers killed my 7800GTX, after that I adopted the: if ain't broke don't install new drivers.. I am on AMD 13.1 and everything works fine, plus I haven't purchased a new game since last year so no need for driver updates...
The 13.2 and the 13.4 drivers patch notes explicitly mention improvements to GW2 performance, so I think it's worth a shot to try 13.4 for this game. If you want to be extra careful you can uninstall Catalyst first:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx (Windows 7 only)

Then install the new driver after rebooting. After uninstalling my screen defaulted to some grotesque 600x400 type resolution, but fixed itself after updating. My GPU OC settings remained intact. 13.2beta showed the most improvement for me.

Edit: People have been reporting that 13.4 removes those black lines from floor/wall textures, and I concur.

Edit2: oh god why ashodin

Ashodin

473424_10151480310309209_255966341_o.jpg
Oh god Charr cosplay

What you can't see is she's riding a giant karka that's attacking all the refugees.

Edit: Guardians losing the ability to destroy Treb shots with I think they said it was Sanctuary..? That's a big one I think.

Retro

Their plan always was to make Southsun a resort. I hope you're right though, and they pull out all the stops and make it a Golden Saucer-esque wonderland of games.

Moa racing asap pls.

lol51

I just browsed the Darkfall forums and holy shit, how can a game even exist with that kind of a "community". I didn't think that sheer amount of general hatred and a complete lack of understanding for everything can be possible in a big MMO title.

Darkfall community is really bad. GMs ignoring blatant racism/hate speech on forums as well as game's global chat. People in chat just attacking new users because they come from steam. Mockingly creating 'Steam pro players only' guilds. Not to mention absolutely no wiki or game support system to encourage new players to stay and thrive.

I also think it has something to do with full item loss on PK and open world PvP really bringing out the worst in people.

That being said, I can see how this can be someones cup of tea. Like an eve online but with morrowind era quality character. You need to go to areas where people haven't been to gather/gain exp, but exiting the safe zones and you can get ganked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wait a minute. were Hawkian's gpu issues related to the new drivers at all? i was about to install that bad boy but now I'm concerned.
Yeah, upon first installing them I had a single-digit framerate in-game (from 50-60fps pretty reliably, this was quite jarring). But with an uninstall of catalyst and a reinstall of both, performance seems to be okay again.
Driver is definitely solid, perforrmance in GW2 Possibly even boosted, although I can't really tell because they introduced this bizarre new issue I was wrangling with all night.
The 13.2 and the 13.4 drivers patch notes explicitly mention improvements to GW2 performance, so I think it's worth a shot to try 13.4 for this game. If you want to be extra careful you can uninstall Catalyst first:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx (Windows 7 only)

Then install the new driver after rebooting. After uninstalling my screen defaulted to some grotesque 600x400 type resolution, but fixed itself after updating. My GPU OC settings remained intact. 13.2beta showed the most improvement for me.
Yeah, that's what I followed after my initial crazy horrible nonsense issue.

Edit: People have been reporting that 13.4 removes those black lines from floor/wall textures, and I concur.[/quote]
Nice! I know the perfect spot to check if that's the case for me too. I didn't get them that often but it was annoying as hell, like seeing the seams holding the world together.

So this is what I can't solve:

I play on my projector a lot, which has worked awesome for a long time- it's going from my 7950 to my AV receiver, then to my projector, all HDMI. For some crazy ass reason, now my PC will only output to my projector at 24hz refresh rate in 1080p. It should be 60. I can select it in windows, but then my projector just goes "No Signal" or "Out of Range" displaying nothing. If I switch it back to 24hz it shows up again. It looks OKAY, but it's pretty frustrating for playing games where I can get a near 60fps framerate and it's only able to show 24...

Ashodin

Edit: People have been reporting that 13.4 removes those black lines from floor/wall textures, and I concur.
Nice! I know the perfect spot to check if that's the case for me too. I didn't get them that often but it was annoying as hell, like seeing the seams holding the world together.

Got pictures of this? I've never noticed it.

State of the game:

All Classes

• Signets: Passives now up to 180 at max level instead of 90
  • Signets: Possibly buffing those without stat benefits as well

Necromancer:

• New fifth slot Death Shroud skill with a new condition to the game found nowhere else

Elementalist:

• Mist Form: No utilities or heals can be cast for the duration of this skill.
  • Ride the Lightning: Now recharges 40 seconds out of combat after use, 20 seconds if you hit a target with it (This change is both for PVE and PVP)
  • Signet of Restoration: Reduced passive heal, unknown amount
  • Water Grandmaster Trait: Removes only one condition every five seconds now.

Warrior:

• -33% on duration of movement conditions, where? In their traits somewhere I guess.

damn, D/D eles got trashed. Was needed imo

docbon

Got pictures of this? I've never noticed it.

State of the game:

All Classes

• Signets: Passives now up to 180 at max level instead of 90
  • Signets: Possibly buffing those without stat benefits as well

Necromancer:

• New fifth slot Death Shroud skill with a new condition to the game found nowhere else

Elementalist:

• Ride the Lightning: Now recharges 40 seconds out of combat after use, 20 seconds if you hit a target with it (This change is both for PVE and PVP)
  • Signet of Restoration: Reduced passive heal, unknown amount
  • Water Grandmaster Trait: Removes only one condition every five seconds now.

Warrior:

• -33% on duration of movement conditions, where? In their traits somewhere I guess.

Engineer:

• Incendiary Powder: 100% chance to proc burning on attack, cooldown: 10 seconds
  • Turret: Heal on placement nerfed big time, cooldown on overcharge reduced to 20 seconds. Turret HP possibly buffed?
  • Elixir S: Can no longer swap to kits while under its effect.
  • Gadgets / Turrets: possibly getting buffed?

Thief got the possibility of Crit removed from Mug
They also had Flanking Strike (S/D #3) changed to a two part attack. The second part steals boons from enemy and places it on themselves.

Looking at the possibility of a High Tiered trait that could possibly distribute those boons amongst the team. Not in this patch though.

Edit: Katoki.. from the GW2Guru PvP State of the Game. Monthly Twitch-cast with the Devs and known GW2 competitive players.

Ashodin

Engineer:

• Incendiary Powder: 100% chance to proc burning on attack, cooldown: 10 seconds
  • Turret: Heal on placement nerfed big time, cooldown on overcharge reduced to 20 seconds. Turret HP possibly buffed?
  • Elixir S: Can no longer swap to kits while under its effect.
  • Gadgets / Turrets: possibly getting buffed?

Interesting

They also had Flanking Strike (S/D #3) changed to a two part attack. The second part steals boons from enemy and places it on themselves.

That is cool as fuck, Hawkian is going to go nuts

Katoki

Thief got the possibility of Crit removed from Mug

Looking at the possibility of a High Tiered trait that could possibly distribute those boons amongst the team. Not in this patch though.

Edit: Katoki.. from the GW2Guru PvP State of the Game. Monthly Twitch-cast with the Devs and known GW2 competitive players.

The problem I find with flanking strike is that the second hit has a much harder time connecting due to dagger reach.

Yeah I'm not fond of it either. The intent though was to give the Thief the ability to survive longer by (hopefully) stealing other classes survival based boons.

I'm rather meh on it though. I really want to see some adjustments to P/D set to make a ranged/kiting Thief more viable but I don't think that's ever going to happen. :(

Edit: Oh.. they also made mention that they're looking at possibly increasing some of the base damage that Thief does but they weren't very specific on it and I don't think it's coming in this patch. We'll see though.

Double Edit:
that thief change should be pve too. need to steal boons off bounties IMO

OMG that would be too sexy. Damn. I'm going to have to save some baubles for the Super Sword Skin now just in case.

Ashodin

Yeah I'm not fond of it either. The intent though was to give the Thief the ability to survive longer by (hopefully) stealing other classes survival based boons.

I'm rather meh on it though. I really want to see some adjustments to P/D set to make a ranged/kiting Thief more viable but I don't think that's ever going to happen. :(

Edit: Oh.. they also made mention that they're looking at possibly increasing some of the base damage that Thief does but they weren't very specific on it and I don't think it's coming in this patch. We'll see though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Necromancer:

:-O
Elementalist:

• Totally needed.
    [*]Ride the Lightning: Now recharges 40 seconds out of combat after use, 20 seconds if you hit a target with it (This change is both for PVE and PVP)
    Brutal. I have to say, as necessary as this was for PvP, I cannot particularly understand at all why the out of combat recharge had to apply to PvE. What possible ramifications am I missing? In PvE out of combat it's just a "get-around-the-map" skill... cooldown doubled. what.
    That is cool as fuck, Hawkian is going to go nuts
    I never use s/d, hate Flanking Strike. *shrug*
    Yeah, Bountiful Theft trait does that on steal (gives them to nearby allies as well), it's awesome.
    Hum, what's wrong with the set/why is that not viable?

Ashodin

:-O

Totally needed.

Brutal. I have to say, as necessary as this was for PvP, I cannot particularly understand at all why the out of combat recharge had to apply to PvE. What possible ramifications am I missing? In PvE out of combat it's just a "get-around-the-map" skill... cooldown doubled. what.

I never use s/d, hate Flanking Strike. *shrug*

Yeah, Bountiful Theft trait does that on steal (gives them to nearby allies as well), it's awesome.

clearly you have not heard about the cof speed run. heh

oh wait that's a mesmer, nm

Limited to 2 though. They didn't specify a limit to the amount of boons stolen by *Something* Larceny (the name of the new skill)

It's very ho-hum in PvP. It's condition based and in order to have strong conditions you have to have almost zero front load power. Since it only offers Bleeds (Venoms on trait use if you use them) it can be cleansed quite easily. It also doesn't offer any additional survivability to allow the Thief to survive long enough to make the Conditions worthwhile if they're not cleansed.

It pretty much only kills people who don't pay attention and who are really bad at hitting Thieves. Otherwise you'll be dead long before your enemy is in any kind of trouble. That's why people go Death Blossom for Theif condi primarily because it stacks the bleeds fast enough to actually matter.

Ashodin

Limited to 2 though. They didn't specify a limit to the amount of boons stolen by *Something* Larceny (the name of the new skill)

It's very ho-hum in PvP. It's condition based and in order to have strong conditions you have to have almost zero front load power. Since it only offers Bleeds (Venoms on trait use if you use them) it can be cleansed quite easily. It also doesn't offer any additional survivability to allow the Thief to survive long enough to make the Conditions worthwhile if they're not cleansed.

It pretty much only kills people who don't pay attention and who are really bad at hitting Thieves. Otherwise you'll be dead long before your enemy is in any kind of trouble. That's why people go Death Blossom for Thief condi primarily because it stacks the bleeds fast enough to actually matter.

I love the name of the skill already, and I know only half of it.

Have they released the full patch notes? or did all the class nerfs and buffs just leak early? If the latter, what's the skinny on Mesmers?

NinjaJesus

Grats, man. For future reference there's a thread on the official Guild Wars 2 forums where people will post if certain Temples are open or not.

You can find them here

Have they released the full patch notes? or did all the class nerfs and buffs just leak early? If the latter, what's the skinny on Mesmers?

The stuff we're discussing was just in the PvP State of the Game. Some of the changes are PvP only.. some extend to all modes. Only way to know what's what specifically is to wait for the Patch Notes on patch day.

Ah, I was really hoping we'd get low down early so I could see those dungeon skins. I think I might just hang on to my bubbles as SAB is coming back anyway. Surely they'll simply add more items to the bauble store, not replace, right?

Ah, I was really hoping we'd get low down early so I could see those dungeon skins. I think I might just hang on to my bubbles as SAB is coming back anyway. Surely they'll simply add more items to the bauble store, not replace, right?

SAB designer said the current skins will be gone for good but new skins will be in next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom